Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

Finding it really hard to stop myself from buying 40 chaos marauders :')

I keep telling myself there is likely to be a new united chaos mortals book and maybe even new sculpts but... they're so juicy when buffed and would fit in my list so perfectly...

 

uflupl8d5f921.jpg

Ya I found the temptation too great.  They benefit from harbinger of decay and synergize with blades of putrefaction and the Glotkin to the much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

Finding it really hard to stop myself from buying 40 chaos marauders :')

I keep telling myself there is likely to be a new united chaos mortals book and maybe even new sculpts but... they're so juicy when buffed and would fit in my list so perfectly...

 

I have used both poxwalkers and plaguebearers with 25mm bases I havent rebased yet. At Least as a proxy for test runs. Poxwalkers work fine as long as you take off the chem tanks and grenades!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having some trouble to include BoC in my Nurgle forces in 1k,1,5k,2k.

 

Really like the BoC models and would love to include them, but cant figure out how to do it without just making weak lists.

Anyone have a working Pestilient Throng list to share? (and if it isnt all based on Blades of Putrefaction going off, it would be better).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rangeltoft said:

Having some trouble to include BoC in my Nurgle forces in 1k,1,5k,2k.

 

Really like the BoC models and would love to include them, but cant figure out how to do it without just making weak lists.

Anyone have a working Pestilient Throng list to share? (and if it isnt all based on Blades of Putrefaction going off, it would be better).

Well you dont need Pestilent throng for blades of putrefaction as it only requires a friendly unit, not a NURGLE unit. Same with fleshy abundance. 

If you are looking to include BoC in your list, its basically bestigors. They have a good amount of attacks, rend, easy +1 to hit to give them an elite infantry style statline, and are relatively cheap with a 4+ save. Other then that, not much is competitive, or offers synergy with nurgle. Bestigors can already run and charge and dont need the tree (or keyword from pestilent throng), the +1 to wound from the cycle is nice... but worth investing in a lol inducing battalion ability simply for a keyword to get +1 to wound for 1-2 turns? Nope.  I have been allying in 30 bestigors, the shaman and casting the wildfire taurus in normal nurgle armies as ally in my 2k games. 

 

Depraved drove is good because slaanesh is really good. And bestigors are simply better then daemonettes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 10:41 AM, Turragor said:

Hey guys, 

@daviseford's project AoS Reminders now includes Maggotkin of Nurgle*!

If you haven't used AoS Reminders before, it's an automated cheat-sheet for your army! Give it a whirl!

*So far it is just the battletome units.

Updates galore for this site at the moment - there are a few dedicated helpers working away!

Spells are now added, you can add endless spells too, and we've got StD, Tamurkhan's Horde etc added in as units. I think it's just Pestilens to go (BoC too) - but you can always "ally" in units from a faction too while that's in progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nurgle Beasts Shooty
Nurgle - Allegiance: Nurgle - Mortal Realm: Hysh
LEADERS
Great Bray Shaman (100)
Orghotts Daemonspew (240)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120) [Tome of 1000 Poxes] General Grandfathers Blessing
Sorcerer (120) [Aether Quartz Brooch]
UNITS
10 x Bestigors (120)
10 x Bestigors (120)
10 x Bestigors (120)
40 x Ungor Raiders (320)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
WAR MACHINES
Plagueclaw (160)
Plagueclaw (160)
BATTALIONS
Pestilent Throng (200)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN

Balewind Vortex (40)

2000 points

Trying a unique army with nurgle. Thoughi could drop the plague claws for more units or the wildfire taurus and change sorc to festus and get a chariot or a cp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Sylvaneth got FAQ and one thing can be usefull for us:

Q: Does an Awakened Wyldwood that is set up during a battle, follow the same restrictions as faction terrain that is set up before the battle begins in the General’s Handbook 2019?

A: No. The rules in the General’s Handbook 2019 for setting up faction terrain only apply to faction terrain that is set up before the battle begins. For an Awakened Wyldwood that is set up during a battle, follow the restrictions for setting up that Awakened Wyldwood as they appear in the ability you are using

 

Is that means we can to place Feculent Gnarlmaw 1" from objective and 3" from other terrain ?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Siepa said:

Hi,

Sylvaneth got FAQ and one thing can be usefull for us:

Q: Does an Awakened Wyldwood that is set up during a battle, follow the same restrictions as faction terrain that is set up before the battle begins in the General’s Handbook 2019?

A: No. The rules in the General’s Handbook 2019 for setting up faction terrain only apply to faction terrain that is set up before the battle begins. For an Awakened Wyldwood that is set up during a battle, follow the restrictions for setting up that Awakened Wyldwood as they appear in the ability you are using

 

Is that means we can to place Feculent Gnarlmaw 1" from objective and 3" from other terrain ?

 

It's been like that since the ghb landed, so no real difference from what's clearly stated. The normal rules for faction terrain applies after setup - 1" from terrain pieces and 9" from enemy models... I don't recall it being 3" from other terrain pieces? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Panjaca VERY nice conversions. Very unique and creepy AF!! greta job man. 

@Ajmaus I would combine the 3 bestigor units in one for max effectiveness as a block, and also to save 60 points. With that 60 points you could upgrade sorcerer to festus (make sure to take blades to cast on the 40 ungor raiders!! thats a NASTY combo. OR the big unit of bestigors especially if they are attacking a 10+ model unit as they get auto +1 to hit!). Could then drop the balewind and take the taurus which is VERY strong. I know the balewind is for the bray shaman, but if you combine the Bestigors, he wants to keep near them to give them +3" of movement which is an insanely good buff! AND you get the turaus!

Swap 1000 poxes tome for witherstave and perhaps keep him in the middle of the bestigors for a nice defensive buff to keep them alive as long as possible!

I dont think the aetherquartz brooche is necessary for your army. Consider "throwing the artefact away" by taking the tamurkahns horde sub faction. The required artefact is garbage, so its uaually not worth giving up the witherstave for.. but since you have two the -1 to enemy run and charge rolls is SO SO good!! And the Comand trait of +1 to run rolls on the bestigor hammer unit (again combine them!!) is SO good with the innate +1 from the warscroll and the run and charge ability on them as well. Add in the +3 from the bray shaman and the bestigors will: move 9+, run d6+2, charge 2d6. Can easily make it across the board for a charge. If the wheel is on stage 1 for +2 movement, thats 11"/5-6 average run/7" average charge = 20+" threat range for a unit thats nasty on the charge!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Balewind is for the poxbringer. It lets him cast move the wheel and then half move run and charge from 27 inches.. I was using taumurkhans horde but i dont know if i can take the beastmen.. Forgeword doesnt explain how it works well enough..

I debating using a unit of 30 bestigor but the flexibilty of 10 lets me project power to more places at once though if i get 60 points i can use the ferryman to teleport my raiders away if i get double turned... 

Thanks for the advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any advice for playing against FEC at 1K ( not using meeting engagement rules)? My list:

HOD

sorcerer with blades of putrifacftion 

2 units of Blightkings 

40 marauders 

warshrine

suffocating gravetide 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Ajmaus said:

The Balewind is for the poxbringer. It lets him cast move the wheel and then half move run and charge from 27 inches.. I was using taumurkhans horde but i dont know if i can take the beastmen.. Forgeword doesnt explain how it works well enough..

I debating using a unit of 30 bestigor but the flexibilty of 10 lets me project power to more places at once though if i get 60 points i can use the ferryman to teleport my raiders away if i get double turned... 

Thanks for the advice

Keep in mind that the bonus to cast from 1000 poxes tome DOESNT extend to Foul regenesis (spell to move the wheel) because it isn't in the Lore of Nurgle. 

One last opinion you didnt ask for.. 10 bestigors isnt projecting much power. assuming they charged and are attacking ten plus models, and all ten make it into combat against a unit with 4+ saves they will do 4 damage on average. And with a bravery of 6, they will crumble against almost any counter attack. And would it be worth a CP to save (lets say) 3-4 bestigors from fleeing..especially if you have 2 of those 3 units in combat.. IMO no. But it IS worth a CP to save 7-10 from fleeing if they are all in a big unit! JUST my opinion. have fun trying out all sorts of combos with pestilent THONG (hah) and report back ASAP!!!!

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Keep in mind that the bonus to cast from 1000 poxes tome DOESNT extend to Foul regenesis (spell to move the wheel) because it isn't in the Lore of Nurgle. 

One last opinion you didnt ask for.. 10 bestigors isnt projecting much power. assuming they charged and are attacking ten plus models, and all ten make it into combat against a unit with 4+ saves they will do 4 damage on average. And with a bravery of 6, they will crumble against almost any counter attack. And would it be worth a CP to save (lets say) 3-4 bestigors from fleeing..especially if you have 2 of those 3 units in combat.. IMO no. But it IS worth a CP to save 7-10 from fleeing if they are all in a big unit! JUST my opinion. have fun trying out all sorts of combos with pestilent THONG (hah) and report back ASAP!!!!

Wut. I've always added +1 to that spell........dayum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Wut. I've always added +1 to that spell........dayum

Yeah its not actually in the lore of nurgle section. it like an aside to the lore of nurgle, that every "nurgle wizard" knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Yeah its not actually in the lore of nurgle section. it like an aside to the lore of nurgle, that every "nurgle wizard" knows.

Hmmm, i guess RAW it's not, but (with the caveat i don't have the book in front of me) i would say RAI it's not that clear?? Don't mind either way but it is a sort of vital spell for us to not get a bonus to cast!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose but its also on the page that is labeled lore of nurgle... Technically all the other lores are called lore of malgnance lore of virulence and kore of foulness.  Either way the book is just because facored poxes is a 7 but on a balewind its range 20 inches so you can reduce armor thenn shoot the raiders at the target.. Making that a 6 seems clutch.. Witherstaff is probably and so is a caster guo then they catapults i bet in the long run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went 3-0 at that RTT in Fredericksburg Virginia over the weekend! Got first place and best single model as well for the epitome! After the ITC scores get updated, I should be the number one ranked Nurgle player, and 26th overall. Quite pleased with that! Top nurgle player and top 20 overall ITC is my goal for this season.


The actual games went fine. I won them in spite of myself. I could have played better. I played 2 Nurgle mirror matches! First was against a blight cyst list on Knife to the heart. My opponent made a mistake of sending out his blight kings but holding back his support pieces to deal with gutrot and my ten kings that outflanked behind him. Which is exactly what I had hoped would happen. I was able to take out the the unsupported enemy blightkings and swarm his objective with marauders on turn 3 for the major. 

Second game was against a thricefold befoulment on total conquest. He took first turn and moved up onto objectives. I was able to get good run and charge rolls to have the marauders charge the blightkings holding an objective, which gave me a bonus VP. At that point we basically just were in a typically nurgle v nurgle stalemate, but I knew I had the advantage because of that bonus VP. So I just turtled until time ran out. He had 3 turns of some of the worst dice rolling I have ever seen. he failed 5 or 6 out of his 7 casts, failing 5" charges with a re-roll.. so I cant take credit for all of it. 

Last game was so much fun. Against a Legion of night army on shifting objectives. 3x 40 skeletons. Vampire Lord, 2x necro, 2x 10 hexwraiths and a knight of shrouds on steed. I tried to kill the vampire lord (general) from the get go to stop him from being able to resurrect whole units of skeletons. between rampant disease and plague squall I ALMOST had her on the top of turn 1! I was able to put him on his back foot, by out dropping him, and running onto all three objectives, and scoring 5 points. So if he doesnt get the double turn and cant take back all three from me... I have a good chance at winning right off the bat. But it was very back and forth, each of us getting a good placement of the main objective. But as time drew to a close, I won the last priority roll and the objective was rolled and it was on "my side" so he conceded. 

unsolicited opinion: Inferno blades is broken as feth, and has no place in competitive matched play. I got fisted by skeletons with 80+ attacks doing 2 damage a piece several times. Luckily they were only on marauders and warshrine not on vital units or units on objectives.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Went 3-0 at that RTT in Fredericksburg Virginia over the weekend! Got first place and best single model as well for the epitome! After the ITC scores get updated, I should be the number one ranked Nurgle player, and 26th overall. Quite pleased with that! Top nurgle player and top 20 overall ITC is my goal for this season.


The actual games went fine. I won them in spite of myself. I could have played better. I played 2 Nurgle mirror matches! First was against a blight cyst list on Knife to the heart. My opponent made a mistake of sending out his blight kings but holding back his support pieces to deal with gutrot and my ten kings that outflanked behind him. Which is exactly what I had hoped would happen. I was able to take out the the unsupported enemy blightkings and swarm his objective with marauders on turn 3 for the major. 

Second game was against a thricefold befoulment on total conquest. He took first turn and moved up onto objectives. I was able to get good run and charge rolls to have the marauders charge the blightkings holding an objective, which gave me a bonus VP. At that point we basically just were in a typically nurgle v nurgle stalemate, but I knew I had the advantage because of that bonus VP. So I just turtled until time ran out. He had 3 turns of some of the worst dice rolling I have ever seen. he failed 5 or 6 out of his 7 casts, failing 5" charges with a re-roll.. so I cant take credit for all of it. 

Last game was so much fun. Against a Legion of night army on shifting objectives. 3x 40 skeletons. Vampire Lord, 2x necro, 2x 10 hexwraiths and a knight of shrouds on steed. I tried to kill the vampire lord (general) from the get go to stop him from being able to resurrect whole units of skeletons. between rampant disease and plague squall I ALMOST had her on the top of turn 1! I was able to put him on his back foot, by out dropping him, and running onto all three objectives, and scoring 5 points. So if he doesnt get the double turn and cant take back all three from me... I have a good chance at winning right off the bat. But it was very back and forth, each of us getting a good placement of the main objective. But as time drew to a close, I won the last priority roll and the objective was rolled and it was on "my side" so he conceded. 

unsolicited opinion: Inferno blades is broken as feth, and has no place in competitive matched play. I got fisted by skeletons with 80+ attacks doing 2 damage a piece several times. Luckily they were only on marauders and warshrine not on vital units or units on objectives.

What list were you running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Autisto said:

What list were you running?

This is my NOVA Open GT list as well. “I got 199 wounds but Tzeentch ain’t one” 🤣

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing  
- Artefact: The Witherstave  
Gutrot Spume (140)
Festus the Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Foulness: Plague Squall
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Allies

Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 199
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing you put Festus on top of the Balewind for LoS for the plague squall - so what did you use the second cast of the epitome for normally (assuming its first was its own spell)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Went 3-0 at that RTT in Fredericksburg Virginia over the weekend! Got first place and best single model as well for the epitome! After the ITC scores get updated, I should be the number one ranked Nurgle player, and 26th overall. Quite pleased with that! Top nurgle player and top 20 overall ITC is my goal for this season.

[...]

Amazing! Well done! Wonder how it would do in the UK meta...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Amazing! Well done! Wonder how it would do in the UK meta...

 

Cool to see nurgle winning a tournament!

Still, 2 nurgle and 1 not competitive death list are not top tier currently and therefore hard to bring this in comparison to the "meta" :)

I know my gaming club and I assume I wouldn't win 50% with the list... But maybe I'm just too bad :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zplash said:

 

Cool to see nurgle winning a tournament!

Still, 2 nurgle and 1 not competitive death list are not top tier currently and therefore hard to bring this in comparison to the "meta" :)

I know my gaming club and I assume I wouldn't win 50% with the list... But maybe I'm just too bad :D

Yes, I went to the event STRICTLY for practice for NOVA as they played in Aqshy and the three missions day one for NOVA GT. My gaming group is 2nd overall on ITC, with several of our members in the top 20.. and I do well in our meta. Last year at NOVA GT I came in 3rd with a similar nurgle list. So we will see how it goes!

11 hours ago, TheVenerableBede said:

I'm guessing you put Festus on top of the Balewind for LoS for the plague squall - so what did you use the second cast of the epitome for normally (assuming its first was its own spell)? 

Festus goes on the balewind. Its mainly for the extra cast and increased range.  but the extra visibility is nice. I will stop kidding myself and probably put blades of putrefaction as his spell.  I thought squall might be nice for steady consistent damage, but I dont think thats going to make a huge difference. So Im going to go for the "HOLY GAK those marauders just did 25 mortal wounds" potential.

I cast realm spells with the epitome first and foremost. Inferno blades is broken, so casting that every turn. And usually stoke rage (+1 to wound rolls, +1 to charge rolls). Or as you pointed out, overwhelming acquiescence. In Shyish there are spells for -1 to hit, immune to rend, immune to spells, 

 

Im not tied to festus.. but I cant think of something better to spend 180 points on.....if anyone has a suggestion im all ears. 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...