Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Dreadmund said:

The Lord of Afflictions also grants RR1's to hit. He has a great damage profile and works well with a unit of Pusgoyles because his command ability can really rocket them across the board to get to a juicy target. If you are willing to spend 400 points on flies, 1 of him and 2 pusgoyles seems like a better investment in my mind than 4 Pusgoyles.

I do wish Plague Cyst was stronger. If you do decide to take a Lord of Plagues in your list, consider giving him the Ghyrstrike artefact. It makes him so badass. 2+  to hit and wound, rerolling 1s to hit and with exploding attacks on a 5 and a 6 for -1 rend and d3 damage. I would love to try him out in a meeting engagement.

However the LoA's command ability forces him to be the General IIRC.

My current idea is either the typical Blight Cyst with Spume+10 BKs, 2x5 BKs, 30 Plaguebearers, GUO w/Bell, LoB and LoA (in place of the Harbinger as good as he might be.  LoA with Rustfang to move in fast to support Spume and friends) or something like LoP, GUO w/Bell, Harbinger, 2x10 BKs, 30x PBs, 4x PGBL (or 2 and Lord, same price)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wayniac said:

However the LoA's command ability forces him to be the General IIRC.

My current idea is either the typical Blight Cyst with Spume+10 BKs, 2x5 BKs, 30 Plaguebearers, GUO w/Bell, LoB and LoA (in place of the Harbinger as good as he might be.  LoA with Rustfang to move in fast to support Spume and friends) or something like LoP, GUO w/Bell, Harbinger, 2x10 BKs, 30x PBs, 4x PGBL (or 2 and Lord, same price)

What’s the GUO in the list for? What’s his roll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

What’s the GUO in the list for? What’s his roll?

Magic support, bell to speed everything up, he's tanky as heck (planning to give him Witherstave).  Would something else work better?  I don't own a GUO yet and not relishing buying one due to it being pretty expensive, so I'm open for something I can replace him with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

@Zplash I guess I was referencing an old FAQ. Here is the only thing I could find in the CORE RULES faq.. which still validates my point because it specifies equal to or less. (emphasis mine) 

DISTANCES Q: Sometimes a rule will specify that a model or unit needs to be ‘wholly within’ a certain distance. What exactly does ‘wholly within’ mean?

A:  A model is wholly within a certain distance if every part of its base is within the stated distance.  A unit is wholly within a certain distance if every part of the bases of all of the models in the unit is within the stated distance. For example, a model would be wholly within 12" of the edge of the battlefield as long as every part of its base was 12" or less from the edge, while a unit would be wholly within 12" of the edge of the battlefield as long as every part of every base of the models from the unit were 12" or less from the edge.

This needs to be specifically addressed by GW because it will cause some issues at events. I plan to alert EVERY TO to this situation before the event begins. 

That's a point GW basicly forgot to write in the corerules which is a shame. The corerules mention "wholly within" basicly twice but there was no definition until the FAQ came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, Vomikron Noxis said:

@Ratcliff Could you let me know what your Tallyband list looks like, and a bit about how you run it? I’ve been toying with one since day one, but the cost of the battalion always put me off.

 

Sure thing man. So this is what I ran at the Essex GT.

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Lord of Blights (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (220)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 133

 

Bear in mind, this was before Plague Monk points went up. The basic idea was that I would nuke the enemy first turn with 40 Plague Monks or the Drones while positioning my Plaguebearers on objectives and such. My opponent would waste a turn or two chewing through these things and then hit a wall of -2 to hit plaguebearers with the witherstave making them reroll sixes. I'd use the spell portal to hit a dangerous enemy unit with either favoured poxes or glorious afflictions, buying me as much time as I could to win the game on objectives. It's not a killy list, I scored v few kill points, but it effectively neutralised powerful enemy units to the point of uselessness.

However, I've been tampering with the list, and figure 40 Monks is probably too much for what is effectively a sacrificial unit. I'm running this now:

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Lord of Blights (140)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
20 x Plague Monks (160)
- Foetid Blades
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Doom Gongs

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (220)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Shards of Valagharr (40)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128
 

This list focuses on my strengths (infuriating durability) but still has enough of a punch with 20 Monks if I need to hit something first turn. It's a toss up between shards and Geminids, but I like the low casting value of shards, it's best not to leave that kind of stuff to chance where possible. They Tallyband is overpriced, but it is worth it to reduce drops alone, and to be honest, I have found the Plaguebearer regeneration to be incredibly handy on a number of occasions. It can tag in pesky units you don't want charging you, and keep the unit simmering above 20 models for those delicious hit modifiers

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok so here is a concept/WIP for a 'counts as' contorted epitome for my nurgle army! Idea is a fallen king, allured by excess of wealth, opulence, and gluttony has fallen so deeply delusional through vanity that he is a slave to the dark prince and his own lust for acceptance and fame. Think Fat B4st4rd from Austin Powers, meets slaanesh (I'm dead sexy! Look at mah titties!). He has also drawn the attention of the plague god as a symbol of stagnation and slow yet gradual degradation and filth. The pungent aromas also very intoxicating to those servants of nurgle who follow behind him! Open to comments and criticism on the concept, execution, and theme/lore! 

And the answer is yes. I cut and placed individually about 1,344,856 tiny coin sized pieces of greenstuff!!! Took forever! I am going to fix the palanquin's lean toward the front, build up the sides to make sort of like a box instead of a flat plank, and add another layer to make it appear a bit more dense/ thicker to support his girth and wealth! 

collage.jpg

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meeting engagement list. I have some concerns about getting the BKs into battle but man that’s a lot of wounds

Allegiance: Nurgle

SPEARHEAD
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (200)
MAIN BODY
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Command Trait : Grandfather's Blessing - Artefact : The Witherstave
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
REARGUARD
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)


TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 5:11 AM, Jamezorz said:

Meeting engagement list. I have some concerns about getting the BKs into battle but man that’s a lot of wounds

Allegiance: Nurgle

SPEARHEAD
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (200)
MAIN BODY
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Command Trait : Grandfather's Blessing - Artefact : The Witherstave
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
REARGUARD
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)


TOTAL: 1000/1000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 101

I think with a tree and the small field you should be able to get them into battle. I'm more concerned about 1 or 2 minus to hit stuff and your whole Armee is doing nothing except being durable but with not too much models its even hard to play objectives that way... So vs non hit debuff Armee this looks very strong to me but beginning with debuff your first 10 bks getting it and you will only tank stuff but won't do any dmg anymore :/

Im also trying to get harbi and some bks into a meeting Engagement format but with needing something fast on the Speer head and my old fear of the hit debuff are kind of pushing me away from it... Maybe you think about a blight cyst. Gives you smaller groups of bks and a rend and important with 2. Artefact you can choose rustfang to have a minus 2 rend. That way even a hit debuff shouldn't stop your bks to do some dmg. Excluding ghosts and eternal Amulette :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I agree, Thankfully they are quick games so can always just experiment. Thanks for responding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question for everyone here; I'm experiencing some problems in my local meta in getting my plaguebearers to be useful. When I play them in 40K they are an absolute beast to try and move as the buffs they get from heralds and daemon princes makes them a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention that they have an invulnerable save plus they're disgusting resilience. However porting them over to AoS, hasn't been great over the last year as they seem to just get wiped off the table. I run them in blocks of 30 and one small block of 10 to fill out my battleline and they are usually accompanied by a Spoilpox Scrivener carrying the wither stave. Generally I think a -1 to hit and enemies re-rolling sixes should be enough keep them alive for more than a turn however they seem to be getting blended quite badly by Slyvanneth hunters and beasts of chaos (especially those bloody enlightened). 

 

What do you do to make your plaguebearers work well? Are they just a tar pit to hold down what units while you're plague drones swoop in for the kill or do your plaguebearers also do some of the heavy lifting in killing troops? I want to make sure I'm using to the best of their ability and not just being cursed by the dice gods (which can be quite legendary bad rolling on my part).

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure PBs just sit there and soak hits. Not to mention the dubious usefulness of Nurgle Heralds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pellynor said:

Quick question for everyone here; I'm experiencing some problems in my local meta in getting my plaguebearers to be useful. When I play them in 40K they are an absolute beast to try and move as the buffs they get from heralds and daemon princes makes them a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention that they have an invulnerable save plus they're disgusting resilience. However porting them over to AoS, hasn't been great over the last year as they seem to just get wiped off the table. I run them in blocks of 30 and one small block of 10 to fill out my battleline and they are usually accompanied by a Spoilpox Scrivener carrying the wither stave. Generally I think a -1 to hit and enemies re-rolling sixes should be enough keep them alive for more than a turn however they seem to be getting blended quite badly by Slyvanneth hunters and beasts of chaos (especially those bloody enlightened). 

 

What do you do to make your plaguebearers work well? Are they just a tar pit to hold down what units while you're plague drones swoop in for the kill or do your plaguebearers also do some of the heavy lifting in killing troops? I want to make sure I'm using to the best of their ability and not just being cursed by the dice gods (which can be quite legendary bad rolling on my part).

 

Thanks!

Pbs won't kill anything really :( even with GUO CA buff +1 attack and blades on them they are not an offensive force.

I can only suggest you to try your 30 blocks with a LoB and use his CA on them to make them - 2 to hit in melee and - 4 in shooting. That way they can really tank lots of stuff. 

Still its not too op because it's an high invest with the CPs and of course if you drop only 1 time under 20 models all buffs are gone and they getting smacked by kind of everything. 

And of course horde killing spells or 2 dragons who don't have to roll for hits in shooting and doing tons of mortals are a counter... 

Hope that helps a little bit. 

Ps: if you scroll up a little bit you can read how a tallyband "can" work in the current meta. I would be happy over another tallyband player and your experience with it over the time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not find the Herald interesting until my last game against IJ. 20 PB (I have to add 10 more) followed by a Herald with favored poxes is doing great to just glue one or two units in combat. For me PB are juste fine if you don't expect them to kill something. 

I never consider Tallyband but as I always want that feel of nerver dying PB and Drones, I want to give it a try !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, 

@daviseford's project AoS Reminders now includes Maggotkin of Nurgle*!

If you haven't used AoS Reminders before, it's an automated cheat-sheet for your army! Give it a whirl!

*So far it is just the battletome units.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I´m not sure if I should post this question in this forum or in the "Rules question" forum but as it is related to Nurgle I would like to share it here:

in the Feculent Gnarlmaw description it says it is a scenery model. Should the enemy consider Feculent Gnarlmaws when making special deployments when the rule says to deploy units more than X " from enemy models (i.e. Gutrot or Nurglings abilities)?

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Hey guys, 

@daviseford's project AoS Reminders now includes Maggotkin of Nurgle*!

If you haven't used AoS Reminders before, it's an automated cheat-sheet for your army! Give it a whirl!

*So far it is just the battletome units.

I made my own (in french) 2 weeks ago🙃 not as good as this one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nurglete said:

I´m not sure if I should post this question in this forum or in the "Rules question" forum but as it is related to Nurgle I would like to share it here:

in the Feculent Gnarlmaw description it says it is a scenery model. Should the enemy consider Feculent Gnarlmaws when making special deployments when the rule says to deploy units more than X " from enemy models (i.e. Gutrot or Nurglings abilities)?

Thanks in advance

Well it says you must set the unit of nurglings up so that it is in cover. This means the unit must be wholly within a terrain feature. I dont think there is a way to fit the nurglings wholly within a gnarlmaw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Well it says you must set the unit of nurglings up so that it is in cover. This means the unit must be wholly within a terrain feature. I dont think there is a way to fit the nurglings wholly within a gnarlmaw. 

Mmmh sorry, I think I didn´t explain well.

Imagine a game Nurgle vs Nurgle. Player A is going to set up Gutrot at the end of his first movement phase wholly within 6 " of the edge of the battlefield. Does Gutrot also need to be set up further than 9 " from the enemy Feculent Gnarlmaws as Feculent Gnarlmaws are enemy scenery models?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nurglete said:

Mmmh sorry, I think I didn´t explain well.

Imagine a game Nurgle vs Nurgle. Player A is going to set up Gutrot at the end of his first movement phase wholly within 6 " of the edge of the battlefield. Does Gutrot also need to be set up further than 9 " from the enemy Feculent Gnarlmaws as Feculent Gnarlmaws are enemy scenery models?

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't matter who sets up the scenery. Once it's on the table, all scenery is neutral. There wouldn't be "enemy gnarlmaws and friendly gnarlmaws". There would just be gnarlmaws, providing the same benefits to both sides at the same time. You shouldn't consider the scenery models of any faction as an "enemy" model for the purposes of summoning, setting up, teleporting etc unless it's warscroll specifically says so.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Dreadmund
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to start a nurgle army but have never played them and I wanted some feedback on my starter list before I spend money on it

Leaders:

Glottkin 420

Lord of Blights 140

Chaos Sorcrer Lord 160

Plague Priest on Plague Furnace 200

Verminlord Corruptor 280

Units:

3 units of 5 Putrid  Blightkings 480

40 Plague Monks 280

Total 1960

Not looking to be competitive but just wanting to have a fighting chance in regular games. What I would really like is to play a Tamurkhan list with mortal nurgle units but there really isn’t much information on him. Hate to spend that much on him and find out he is not worth it.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Rollsemfat said:

Looking to start a nurgle army but have never played them and I wanted some feedback on my starter list before I spend money on it

Leaders:

Glottkin 420

Lord of Blights 140

Chaos Sorcrer Lord 160

Plague Priest on Plague Furnace 200

Verminlord Corruptor 280

Units:

3 units of 5 Putrid  Blightkings 480

40 Plague Monks 280

Total 1960

Not looking to be competitive but just wanting to have a fighting chance in regular games. What I would really like is to play a Tamurkhan list with mortal nurgle units but there really isn’t much information on him. Hate to spend that much on him and find out he is not worth it. With the 40 point left over, why not grab a balewind for the Chaos sorcerer lord?! Sounds like a perfect fit to me!

 

 

 

 

 

If you arent looking to be competitive then just do what makes you happy, bro! Tamurkhan isnt bad.. he just isnt competitive. But to be honest out side of one maybe 2 builds... nurgle as a faction isnt really competitive in the sense that it is unlikely to go to a GT (5 round event) and win it. You can win RTT's and local events though, and have fun with your homeboys.  Glott is a force multiplier, so having a unit of monks is great. LoB can also add another defensive buff to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commissioned a very talented painter in my gaming group to paint the reflection for the epitome conversion I am working on. nothing short of stunning considering this is all freehand. 

free hand reflection2.jpg

free hand reflection.jpg

  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Commissioned a very talented painter in my gaming group to paint the reflection for the epitome conversion I am working on. nothing short of stunning considering this is all freehand. 

free hand reflection2.jpg

free hand reflection.jpg

Wow, very nice! Can't wait to see this whole thing painted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Commissioned a very talented painter in my gaming group to paint the reflection for the epitome conversion I am working on. nothing short of stunning considering this is all freehand. 

free hand reflection2.jpg

free hand reflection.jpg

Your epitome is going to be amazing. Hilarious to see the reflection and then the contrast with the ugly brute on the palanquin!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finding it really hard to stop myself from buying 40 chaos marauders :')

I keep telling myself there is likely to be a new united chaos mortals book and maybe even new sculpts but... they're so juicy when buffed and would fit in my list so perfectly...

 

uflupl8d5f921.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...