AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, Zplash said:

It is "wholly within" 3... So I think there is no real chance to get "big" units sped up :(

Also I already missing points in my lists haha so I think for me my movement shananigans will be still reduced to the GUO bell :D

Depending on how big his base is you should be able to fit quite a lot in that 3 inches. I think a unit of 30 plaguebearers or 40 rats is definitely within reach, and a unit of 10 blight kings might even be worth considering. You just have to deploy them as if the boat was already in the middle of the unit, then first turn summon him into the gap. I don't think nurgle really needs it considering we have the bell, wheel, tree, and cogs already, but it could make getting an alpha a little more reliable and save on a command point to get the 6" run. Bringing on a unit of 10 kings on the back line with spume and teleporting another unit of 9 on the front could be fun. Definitely a nice tool to have. 

edit: Also, they might change our speed bonuses to 'wholly within' whenever we get an update, so it could start to get far more useful then. The bridge could be helpful too, as long as you bring cogs you can send multiple blightkings over the bridge at once and give them a +3 to charge on the other side. Not too shabby.

Edited by Grimrock

On 5/16/2019 at 10:48 AM, Grimrock said:

Depending on how big his base is you should be able to fit quite a lot in that 3 inches. I think a unit of 30 plaguebearers or 40 rats is definitely within reach, and a unit of 10 blight kings might even be worth considering. You just have to deploy them as if the boat was already in the middle of the unit, then first turn summon him into the gap. I don't think nurgle really needs it considering we have the bell, wheel, tree, and cogs already, but it could make getting an alpha a little more reliable and save on a command point to get the 6" run. Bringing on a unit of 10 kings on the back line with spume and teleporting another unit of 9 on the front could be fun. Definitely a nice tool to have. 

edit: Also, they might change our speed bonuses to 'wholly within' whenever we get an update, so it could start to get far more useful then. The bridge could be helpful too, as long as you bring cogs you can send multiple blightkings over the bridge at once and give them a +3 to charge on the other side. Not too shabby.

No photo description available.

• Like 1

Working on a harbinger decay conversion, using a pusgoyle blightlord and varanguard steed. Trying to recreate the original model as much as possible. Already made a sign post for him. Got a sheathed sword but In the mail to go in between his back and the shield..which even looks almost identical to he original models shield 😁

55B76F49-61F6-47DF-8663-F993A7B20B47.jpeg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Great conversion!

If I'm honest I'm curious if the Classic Mounted Lords will survive next tome. Khorne was long gone, Slaanesh just got axed, and Tzeentch while still existing is super niche and outdated (I'm sure many people forget the Fatemaster exists).

Harbinger of Decay lucked out and had a pretty useful warscroll.

6 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Great conversion!

If I'm honest I'm curious if the Classic Mounted Lords will survive next tome. Khorne was long gone, Slaanesh just got axed, and Tzeentch while still existing is super niche and outdated (I'm sure many people forget the Fatemaster exists).

Harbinger of Decay lucked out and had a pretty useful warscroll.

True! They could still be used a standard chaos lord on demonic mount which has a sick command ability when used together with a pack of knights. 

Isnt the khorne version the lord on juggernaught? 

Edit: just looked it up. Haha doesn’t have the demon keyword. That sucks. 

Edit2: wait wtf..why don’t he Skullcrusher have demon keyword? They are rising demons just like the pusgoyle blightlords..

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

9 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Isnt the khorne version the lord on juggernaught?

The Jug Lord is actually fairly new.

I was referring to this

Spoiler

lord-of-khorne.jpg

As for Juggernauts, for some reason GW decided they're not daemons despite literally being daemons and they don't feel like changing that.

Meanwhile a slightly diseased horse is a daemon!

• Haha 1

So I was considering changing my list for an upcoming blizzard of tournaments I’m going to be attending....until I realized my list has 77 models and is exactly 7 drops. LOL After knowing this, I cannot go back or fear retribution from our plague father. Praise be to his putridness. 

• Like 3

In my search for alternative lists I was thinking of building the following. I was planning on using it in some local tournaments.

- The contorted epitome (Slaanesh ally, with re-rolling 2 spells/dispells, and ability to force enemy units to fight last)

- lord of blights (for his command ability on 30 plaguebearers)

- gutrot spume (for backside attack with blightkings)

- poxbringer (re-roll saves for the 30 plaguebearers and casting)

- lord of afflictions (witherstave, pestillent breath, to help blightkings re-roll 1 to hit)

30 plaguebearers (difficult to remove with LoB CA)

10 blightkings (depending on opponent and set-up these will be deployed with gutrot)

5 blightkings

5 blightkings

5 blightkings

chronomantic cogs

The pros i see in this list are:

very resilient objective grabbbers 

i can dish out damage with blightkings and generate extra contagion with gutrots ability

I feel the re-rolls in magic for the epitome might be incredible good

the cogs for the extra movement +2 and unnatural vitality +2 makes me rather fast. 

I also see some cons, but i was hoping you guys could help me out. What do i miss, which armies might be troublesome. (I dont want to sound like some douchebag, but could you please, if you have some feedback tell me in terms of mechanics where this armie might have troubles. Mention other units and come up with a different lists doesnt really help me out... for instance, I know i dont have a harbinger. I d rather read feeback like: your mortals might be vulnarable, maybe try to add some resilience to them. (this obviously means take a harninger..or a shrine...or .....)

Anyhow hope to see some replies, I know there are some great Nurgle players here with great ideas and insight in tactics.

greetz

2 hours ago, Fluxlord said:

In my search for alternative lists I was thinking of building the following. I was planning on using it in some local tournaments.

- The contorted epitome (Slaanesh ally, with re-rolling 2 spells/dispells, and ability to force enemy units to fight last)

- lord of blights (for his command ability on 30 plaguebearers)

- gutrot spume (for backside attack with blightkings)

- poxbringer (re-roll saves for the 30 plaguebearers and casting)

- lord of afflictions (witherstave, pestillent breath, to help blightkings re-roll 1 to hit)

30 plaguebearers (difficult to remove with LoB CA)

10 blightkings (depending on opponent and set-up these will be deployed with gutrot)

5 blightkings

5 blightkings

5 blightkings

chronomantic cogs

The pros i see in this list are:

very resilient objective grabbbers 

i can dish out damage with blightkings and generate extra contagion with gutrots ability

I feel the re-rolls in magic for the epitome might be incredible good

the cogs for the extra movement +2 and unnatural vitality +2 makes me rather fast. 

I also see some cons, but i was hoping you guys could help me out. What do i miss, which armies might be troublesome. (I dont want to sound like some douchebag, but could you please, if you have some feedback tell me in terms of mechanics where this armie might have troubles. Mention other units and come up with a different lists doesnt really help me out... for instance, I know i dont have a harbinger. I d rather read feeback like: your mortals might be vulnarable, maybe try to add some resilience to them. (this obviously means take a harninger..or a shrine...or .....)

Anyhow hope to see some replies, I know there are some great Nurgle players here with great ideas and insight in tactics.

greetz

I’m reasonably certain Slaanesh was the final nail in the Blightking coffin.  Between all of the -1 to hit and the 16 Slaanesh summon points they give up they just aren’t worth taking in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Darkfine said:

I’m reasonably certain Slaanesh was the final nail in the Blightking coffin.  Between all of the -1 to hit and the 16 Slaanesh summon points they give up they just aren’t worth taking in my opinion.

It's true, at the moment I dont have any other DMG dealing units, only 20 marauders. For some reason i can't paint up plaguedrones, maybe I should start panting them up. On the other hand I will be building a beast of chaos Nurgle centerd army with lots of bestigors, they dish out lots of damage. For now I'm bound to the blightkings, but I dont expect to fight against brand new armies so i guess my blighkings will do fine, but still the -1 to hit sucks....

What do you think are the most useful units or really cheap combo in low points games (1000 max) ? All my lists feel missing either good tanking or damage output... 

Maybe the obvious ones :

- Gutrot and a unit of  (only 5 ?) Blightkings

-Festus

19 hours ago, Martsb said:

What do you think are the most useful units or really cheap combo in low points games (1000 max) ? All my lists feel missing either good tanking or damage output... 

Maybe the obvious ones :

- Gutrot and a unit of  (only 5 ?) Blightkings

-Festus

You are quite límited at 1k points. I got good results with plague drones:

Guo Bell,dagger. 

2x10 plagueBearers

1x6 plaguedrones

• Like 1

Hi all,
after visiting this great forum and learning so much from you, I´ve decided to register myself so I can participate much more.
As I newbie, I have some questions (very basic ones I suppose):

- If I cast Foul Regenesis at the start of my turn to reset the Cycle of corruption to Rampant disease, does the effect apply immediately (1D3 mortal wounds to 1D3 units?

- If in last battle round Cycle of corruption stage was at 5.Nauseous revulsion and now it moves to 6.Rampant disease, can I cast Foul Regenesis to reset the stage again to the same  stage (Rampant disease) to apply the damage twice in the same hero phase?

Thanks

34 minutes ago, Nurglete said:

Hi all,
after visiting this great forum and learning so much from you, I´ve decided to register myself so I can participate much more.

- If I cast Foul Regenesis at the start of my turn to reset the Cycle of corruption to Rampant disease, does the effect apply immediately (1D3 mortal wounds to 1D3 units?

- If in last battle round Cycle of corruption stage was at 5.Nauseous revulsion and now it moves to 6.Rampant disease, can I cast Foul Regenesis to reset the stage again to the same  stage (Rampant disease) to apply the damage twice in the same hero phase?

Thanks

The hero phase is split into 3 parts, and the wording of the ability will tell you which part it falls under by saying either:

1: At the start of your hero phase (start)
2: In your hero phase (middle)
3: At the end of your hero phase (end)

You can choose the order in which abilities activate, but all your "start of hero phase" abilities have to be used before you can use any "in your hero phase" abilities which must in turn be used before your "at the end of your hero phase" abilities.

Unfortunately spellcasting happens in the middle of your hero phase, so although you could cast foul regenesis to move the wheel to rampant disease, it wouldn't activate the ability since it is no longer the start of your turn. However, the Grandfather's Blessing command ability is a "start of your hero phase" ability, so you could use it to:

1: Activate Rampant Disease
2: Use Grandfather's Blessing to turn the wheel forward to Corrupted regrowth
3: Activate Corrupted Regrowth

Then you could cast foul regenesis afterwards to move the wheel again to another stage like Fecund Vigor which would benefit you for the rest of the turn.

Hope that helps.

54 minutes ago, Nurglete said:

Hi all,

Thanks

As explained by dreadmund there's no chance for double dmg with rampant disease but with the general trait GF Blessing it's great to use it if you are in stage 5 or 7 to turn to 6 and than do your dmg and afterwards turn the wheel back to 5 with foul regenisis spell to have the dmg stage 6 again next round and of course have the sometimes even stronger reroll6 wounds for the enemy in stage 5 ;)

On 5/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, peasant said:

With that post started my nightmare if repainting my 40 plagueBearers and plague drones xD

Lol, ouch.    Only Maggotkin action Ive seen lately is buying a random used Blightlord with bell to round out my Affliction Cyst.  Low on the painting queue.

Hi.

New STD player who is focusing on playing within the Nurgle shell first. 

I have a question with regards to summoning:

Do you tend to find it is worth summoning additional terrain / small units early on or just waiting and getting something mid game to contest an objective? I am thinking of grabbing the SC for summonable demons and a couple of Maws? 

5 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

Hi.

New STD player who is focusing on playing within the Nurgle shell first. 

I have a question with regards to summoning:

Do you tend to find it is worth summoning additional terrain / small units early on or just waiting and getting something mid game to contest an objective? I am thinking of grabbing the SC for summonable demons and a couple of Maws? 

Personally the majority of my summoning consists of an early tree to help with a tricky run/charge, or putting down a small unit on objectives. I've never needed more than two tree unless I'm running horticulus. Other than that picking up a start collecting box is a solid choice for summoning and has all you'll really need unless you really want some extra plaguebearers just in case.

Edited by Grimrock

11 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Personally the majority of my summoning consists of an early tree to help with a tricky run/charge, or putting down a small unit on objectives. I've never needed more than two tree unless I'm running horticulus. Other than that picking up a start collecting box is a solid choice for summoning and has all you'll really need unless you really want some extra plaguebearers just in case.

Okay grand, I'll grab a couple of trees and the SC. Thanks. 

On 5/13/2019 at 1:02 PM, peasant said:

Maybe Im a little pessimistic but in my local meta, nurgle is a joke.

i havent played a lot, but in my meta, Nurgle has been a beast.  

I play LoA with blightlord battalions, GUO, Glot.   Not a lot of horde lists, or id be toast.

Edited by grungolah