Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

3 hours ago, Zplash said:

It is "wholly within" 3... So I think there is no real chance to get "big" units sped up :(

Also I already missing points in my lists haha so I think for me my movement shananigans will be still reduced to the GUO bell :D

Depending on how big his base is you should be able to fit quite a lot in that 3 inches. I think a unit of 30 plaguebearers or 40 rats is definitely within reach, and a unit of 10 blight kings might even be worth considering. You just have to deploy them as if the boat was already in the middle of the unit, then first turn summon him into the gap. I don't think nurgle really needs it considering we have the bell, wheel, tree, and cogs already, but it could make getting an alpha a little more reliable and save on a command point to get the 6" run. Bringing on a unit of 10 kings on the back line with spume and teleporting another unit of 9 on the front could be fun. Definitely a nice tool to have. 

edit: Also, they might change our speed bonuses to 'wholly within' whenever we get an update, so it could start to get far more useful then. The bridge could be helpful too, as long as you bring cogs you can send multiple blightkings over the bridge at once and give them a +3 to charge on the other side. Not too shabby.

Edited by Grimrock

On 5/16/2019 at 10:48 AM, Grimrock said:

Depending on how big his base is you should be able to fit quite a lot in that 3 inches. I think a unit of 30 plaguebearers or 40 rats is definitely within reach, and a unit of 10 blight kings might even be worth considering. You just have to deploy them as if the boat was already in the middle of the unit, then first turn summon him into the gap. I don't think nurgle really needs it considering we have the bell, wheel, tree, and cogs already, but it could make getting an alpha a little more reliable and save on a command point to get the 6" run. Bringing on a unit of 10 kings on the back line with spume and teleporting another unit of 9 on the front could be fun. Definitely a nice tool to have. 

edit: Also, they might change our speed bonuses to 'wholly within' whenever we get an update, so it could start to get far more useful then. The bridge could be helpful too, as long as you bring cogs you can send multiple blightkings over the bridge at once and give them a +3 to charge on the other side. Not too shabby.

No photo description available.

• Like 1

While I wait for The generals I found time to work on my plagueBearers skin, I Hope some point reductions...

IMG_20190518_204737.jpg

IMG_20190518_204231.jpg

Edited by peasant
  • Like 2

Working on a harbinger decay conversion, using a pusgoyle blightlord and varanguard steed. Trying to recreate the original model as much as possible. Already made a sign post for him. Got a sheathed sword but In the mail to go in between his back and the shield..which even looks almost identical to he original models shield 😁

55B76F49-61F6-47DF-8663-F993A7B20B47.jpeg

• Like 4

Great conversion!

If I'm honest I'm curious if the Classic Mounted Lords will survive next tome. Khorne was long gone, Slaanesh just got axed, and Tzeentch while still existing is super niche and outdated (I'm sure many people forget the Fatemaster exists).

Harbinger of Decay lucked out and had a pretty useful warscroll.

6 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Great conversion!

If I'm honest I'm curious if the Classic Mounted Lords will survive next tome. Khorne was long gone, Slaanesh just got axed, and Tzeentch while still existing is super niche and outdated (I'm sure many people forget the Fatemaster exists).

Harbinger of Decay lucked out and had a pretty useful warscroll.

True! They could still be used a standard chaos lord on demonic mount which has a sick command ability when used together with a pack of knights. 

Isnt the khorne version the lord on juggernaught? 

Edit: just looked it up. Haha doesn’t have the demon keyword. That sucks. 

Edit2: wait wtf..why don’t he Skullcrusher have demon keyword? They are rising demons just like the pusgoyle blightlords..

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

9 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Isnt the khorne version the lord on juggernaught?

The Jug Lord is actually fairly new.

I was referring to this

Spoiler

lord-of-khorne.jpg

As for Juggernauts, for some reason GW decided they're not daemons despite literally being daemons and they don't feel like changing that.

Meanwhile a slightly diseased horse is a daemon!

• Haha 1