AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

So with no more plaguetouched warband, looking at the following maybe:

Great Unclean One (General) (Tome of a Thousand Poxes)

Harbinger of Decay (Witherstave)

Lord of Blights

Sorcerer

5 Blightkings 

5 Blightkings 

5 Blightkings 

30 Marauder Horsemen  (Nurgle)

Blight Cyst

Extra command point

So plan is to use the marauder horsemen to pen the enemy in with harbinger buff and lord of blights buff. If possible, blades too since its amazing on marauder horse. 

Harbinger trails the horsemen with for the extra save/witherstave. 

GUO has the bell for movement purposes and the tome to push spells through. Also would look to switch the wheel for extra movement turn 1.

Blightkings go after objectives as fast as possible 

Hopefully can bring in a unit of drones mid game for extra support.

Much of the army will die but I'm thinking it could be good on objectives.

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on mostly mortal nurgle now that plaguetouched has gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WeeDaveSoutar said:

So with no more plaguetouched warband, looking at the following maybe:

Great Unclean One (General) (Tome of a Thousand Poxes)

Harbinger of Decay (Witherstave)

Lord of Blights

Sorcerer

5 Blightkings 

5 Blightkings 

5 Blightkings 

30 Marauder Horsemen  (Nurgle)

Blight Cyst

Extra command point

So plan is to use the marauder horsemen to pen the enemy in with harbinger buff and lord of blights buff. If possible, blades too since its amazing on marauder horse. 

Harbinger trails the horsemen with for the extra save/witherstave. 

GUO has the bell for movement purposes and the tome to push spells through. Also would look to switch the wheel for extra movement turn 1.

Blightkings go after objectives as fast as possible 

Hopefully can bring in a unit of drones mid game for extra support.

Much of the army will die but I'm thinking it could be good on objectives.

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on mostly mortal nurgle now that plaguetouched has gone.

I've run blight cyst a bit now, but I wouldn't really consider it with under 20 blightkings or else it's just not worth the points, and even then it hasn't been amazing. Maybe consider dropping the sorcerer for more BKs?

54 minutes ago, boombyeyeah said:

it was everchosen before

and in aos 2 that isnt allowed anymore., alongside the multiple unit thing being done also and point increase 

ever-chosen battalions appear to have been singled out and viciously attacked.

Thats what i think, i mean they dont lose nurgle keyword

3 minutes ago, Lou_Cypher said:

I thought Battalions have the Keyword of everything shared within.

So Plaguetouched is still both Everchosen and Nurgle because every unit in it has the Keyword of Nurgle. Hasn't that always been the case?

• Like 1

Chaos Spawn Confusion

Maggotkin cannot take the Tzeentch keyword, the Warscroll on GW’s website lists the Chaos Spawn as Tzeentch. But reading the GA:Chaos FAQ the deleted and replaced warscrolls start on pg 46, the Chaos Spawn is on of 45.

So, does that mean the Chaos Spawn has two valid Warscrolls? And the one from GA:Chaos can then be taken in a Mattotkin army?

25 minutes ago, Dr. Lao said:

Chaos Spawn Confusion

Maggotkin cannot take the Tzeentch keyword, the Warscroll on GW’s website lists the Chaos Spawn as Tzeentch. But reading the GA:Chaos FAQ the deleted and replaced warscrolls start on pg 46, the Chaos Spawn is on of 45.

So, does that mean the Chaos Spawn has two valid Warscrolls? And the one from GA:Chaos can then be taken in a Mattotkin army?

I always assumed that, i saw the inclusion of the Tzeentch  marked spawn in the Disciples of Tzeentch Battletome as a fill-in for the lack of a Tzeentch equivalent to Khorgoraths/Beasts of Nurgle/Fiends of Slaanesh.  The Slaughterbrute later recieved a Khorne version warscroll and the Vortex Beast a tzeentch version but their old generic Chaos warscrolls are still valid.

I believe the person that did the mass replacement of old warscrolls with new ones when Tzeenth released, just replaced the old Chaos Spawn warscroll instead of adding the additional and they never bothered to fix that as there were not many people pointing at it.?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dr. Lao said:

Chaos Spawn Confusion

Yep. It does have at least two.. The one with Tzeentch was from DoT. Use the Chaos Spawn Warscroll from GA: Chaos. It doesn’t have a date, and the newer ones don’t either. So it’s a valid replacement.

8 hours ago, boombyeyeah said:

it was everchosen before

I'm skeptical that it will continue to be.  GHB18 seems to have removed all 6 battalions from Everchosen, though I haven't held the book personally.  Everchosen only listed the 3 units.

New warscrolls are imminent, removing summoning spells and cleaning up key words, for the new edition.  

That said, plaguetouched isn't  completely dead even if it is Everchosen only.  The penalty is heavy though... no Nurgle traits, artifacts, spells, contagion cycle or summoning.  I can't find any evidence of Everchosen artifacts or spells...

Edited by grungolah

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:20 PM, sorokyl said:

I was thinking, If they don't change Archaon's wording to force him to be the general, you could see Archaon being led by a Harbinger of decay or something just so that you get an extra command trait... 

We have confirmation about this now in the FAQs released yesterday, and sadly, Archaon must be the general to use his Command Ability now :(

On 6/26/2018 at 6:40 PM, peasant said:

another crazy list, this time  a nurgling adventure!

1 morbidex

1 slopitty

1 sorcerer

1festus

1x3 nurglings

2x10 plagueBearers

960 pts

In a 1k game you will end up earning 165 points of nurglings + 30 contagion points more or less. 

This kits grants an ever growing host of Nurglings , that reroll 1s to hit and charge, +1 to wound! and posibly a good chance of MW by BoP. Not competitive but do you think IT would stand a chance?

thx

I'd start with less heros but more nurglings. You want a unit of Nurglings to sit near Morbidex and at least one unit to get any use out of their special deployment ability. 

In addition I'd try something like this:

Morbidex

2 units if Nurglings

2 units of Blightkings

(that's 780 points)

fill rest with support of choice, maybe a lord of Blight or Lord of Plague or a Sorcerer Lord. Or some fast moving units. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Despite being bitter enemies, us Tzeentch feel your pain. Losing PTWB is ****** for you guys though, most of luck with your new lists guys. 

I have this feeling AoS1 was about Order and Chaos, where AoS2 is about Order and Death. 

Battletome errata is up:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_maggotkin_errata_en.pdf

Cannot spam LoA, LoB, or HoD commands.

No listed revisions for Everchosen battalions, except Grand Host:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_everchosen_errata_en.pdf

It looks really official now.

1 minute ago, Killax said:

I have this feeling AoS1 was about Order and Chaos, where AoS2 is about Order and Death. 

I mean, I won't high jack the thread (Despite the fact that the eternal schemer would implore it) but Tzeentch certainly got slammed. 

Points increases across the board, though splitting is free it's functionally worse, Changehost doesn't work due to points increase, loss of Fatesworn warband, in my opinion a weak summoning system.

Trying to create a scary list with Tzeentch seems hard right now. Anyhow, I don't want to drag the thread off topic. The architect of fate wishes you luck!  

8 hours ago, Arkiham said:

but the battalion isn't nurgle. the battalion is everchosen now. they removed the rule of it being changed to nurgle 

But cant one just play everchosen and still choose nurgle allegiance abilities  as all models will be marked nurgle?

14 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

PLAGUETOUCHED WARBAND IS OFFICIALLY DEAD. 

R.I.P

03E49A02-ACA5-4261-8D1D-653A768CF613.jpeg

This seems crazy to me. I also just spent £150 on a load of slaves to darkness stuff to build a plaguetouched warband. Which now seems a waste. How is plaguetouched not a nurgle battalion?

25 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

This seems crazy to me. I also just spent £150 on a load of slaves to darkness stuff to build a plaguetouched warband. Which now seems a waste. How is plaguetouched not a nurgle battalion?

yeah I know that feelin, you buy something and gw kills it. Its even unfluffy being clan pestilens more nurgley than plaguetouched?

1 hour ago, hughwyeth said:

The problem is that it's a Everchosen batallion, meaning that if it's taken in a Nurgle allegiance army, every unit inside that batallion is considered a ally as the batallion is from the Everchosen book.