AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

verminlord can give them 1 extra attack and has 2 spells for 220 (for now) and can carry 1 daemonic artifact

What you mean "for now"? I just read one of your prev posts about having a Sorcerer with BoP to support them. Ha en you tried something similar? Or should you simply go 40x marauders instead? 

Cheers! 

220points for now since with skaven battletomee they could change points

bop is strong but 60% misses and with a 0 save and no extra saves plaguee monks could die in 1 turn, marauders have 5+ save and can get extra saves from heroes but they dont do damaage, monks deal a good amount of damage without bop and 3 times with bop than marauders

Is there a petition or some kind of coordinated feed back for GW regarding Nurgle?

Looking for a way to give constructive feedback regarding the imbalance within the Nurgle book itself .

All of the top Nurgle warscrolls choices  are using old out dated options like Chaos Knights, Marauder's, and Plague Monks in liu of all the new, characterful, and beautiful models/warscrolls.

Edited by Krieger

New pestilens warscrolls are great in my opinion, 260 points for corruptor is fine with the extra save, and a more strong spell dealing 3 times the damage of the old one

Plague furnace prayer boost monks attacks and let them not take battleshock, plaguecensers cost 

Catapult debuffing brevery on target is fine, at least if it not hit its not totally useless

Edited by calcysimon

Corruptor now missing hit rerolls which he had before if im remembering correctly?

So not so good for hero/monster snipping anymore with blade artefact and hits rerolling looking for those 6s.

Dont know which role he fits now if i can squeeze him in for 260 points.

5+ after save is great:)

Edited by Zplash

Verminlord Warpseer looking preety stable for me as an ally now. 

Getting some commandpoints, 1 Time D6 dmg, some dmg through combat, preety cool spell if hard to cast on an 8 without cast buffs.

But all in all it can wait behind your lines or on a flank and cast , generate CPs doing some dmg and before he dies you see that you get that sweety 1 Time D6 dmg out.

If you want to play plague monks than the command ability from the corruptor might suite you better but without monks i rate Warpseer higher as an ally.

Hey gang,
I want to expand my Maggotkin army from 1k to 2k.  I'd like to add in a battalion & am thinking of Plague Cyst. 
- I threw in the nurglings and soulsnare shackles because I didn't know what to spend the last 120 points on.
What do you think of the following?

LEADERS

Lord of Blights (140)
- General
Harbinger of Decay (160)
The Glottkin (420)

Sorcerer (120)

UNITS
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- axes + shields
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
3 x Nurglings (100)

BEHEMOTHS 
Jabberslythe (160) - Ally

ENDLESS SPELLS
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

2000 points

Edited by Imperi-um

I'm off to the Sheffield Slaughter with my Maggotkin army next weekend. 13 models is enough to compete these days right?

I've got  the following:

Lord of Afflictions (general)

Glotttkin

Orghotts DeamonSpew

Horticulux

3 x 2 Pusgoyle Blightlords

3 x Plague drones

What I haven't done yet is equip an item or spells, so if anyone has any ideas that might be a little off the wall I'll gladly consider all options!

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, Eevika said:

Hi I just got a Glottkin for cheap and I'm thinking about making a full Nurgle army. I was wondering if there is a good way to build an army with Glottkin and maybe a GUO as I really want to paint one of those too?

The best way to run him - a lot of blightkings or two blobs of marauders. And hope, that his spells will be be casted and not denied. 

As for taking GUO and Glottking together. not a best choice, you can't take enought units. which can benefit good from their abilities and Nurgle is very hungry for command points.

My current 2k approach. Feedback is highly welcome :)

epidemus 

Gutrod Spume

Lord of blights

Festus (with blades)

Plague Furnace

30x plaguebearers

5x blightkings

5x blightkings

40x plague monks

2x plagueclaw catapult

=2.000 points

Im not sure on the artefact yet. 

Main idea is to get asap the benefits of epidemus and reroll hit and wounds of 1. Which I hope is pretty good for my 2 plagueclaws... additional the monks and deepstrike blightkings can dish out little bit of dmg and Lord of blights can use his -1 to hit to either monks or plaguebearer depending of the situation. Festus is standing at the back at the plagueclaws and trying to provide blades or turn the wheel if necessary.  He will be able to heal the catapults D3 if any range dmg harm them. 

With all the horde units currently beeing played i think 2 plagueclaw in addition with epidemus can be freaking good.

Any comments? And which artefact would you recommend? Either for Lord of blights or plague furnance.

Thanks in Advance!

On 2/11/2019 at 12:17 PM, Eevika said:

Hi I just got a Glottkin for cheap and I'm thinking about making a full Nurgle army. I was wondering if there is a good way to build an army with Glottkin and maybe a GUO as I really want to paint one of those too?

Yes u can, if u have atleast 1 battleline of 30 bearers and take blades of putrefaction with glott u can buff them with 3 attack each with 2 CP 

Or just treat guo as a support with bell and Dagger (favored poxes as extra spell) , and go full mortals with atleast  1 unit of 40 marauders 

Edited by calcysimon

23 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

and what do you think about this new SC?

A discount on the normal blightking set would have been better or a SC Box with 10 blightkings  :D

pusgoyles are really nice models. I just dont like their warscroll vs their costs that much. For those who like them its a nice box for few bugs. Didnt do the math so far but it looks like a ~30% price discount.

So just before the SC box comes out I've purchased a cheeky 1000 points of Nurgle as a hobby project. Love the Maggoth lord models so figured I'd give old bloab a go:

Bloab Rotspawned

Harbinger of Decay - witherstave

5 blightkings

5 blightkings

2 blightlords

I know plaguedrones are seen as the better option but unless the harbinger supports them, I don't see them achieving their true potential whereas blightlords can just get stuck in.

Is the best way to expand this a blightcyst? Or favoured sons?

17 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

and what do you think about this new SC?

I'm going to be getting one. The blight kings are always great, I don't have a Lord of  Blights and you can build a Lord of Afflictions from the pusgoyles so for me the box is great value for things I already wanted to buy.