AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

5 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Is it possible to run a Skaven Pestilens only Nurgle army? I know they all have the Nurgle keyword but I'm not sure if there's a way to get battleline for them. 

Mostly looking at the ability to run/charge Monks via the trees and Wheel shenanigans :) 

Battleline would have to be non skaven unfortunately. Maybe you could convert some blightkings to be all verminy

7 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

Battleline would have to be non skaven unfortunately. Maybe you could convert some blightkings to be all verminy

Some sort of big Rats in Knight or Blightking armor is a very easy and cool conversion :P 

Not against adding other stuff, just thought it would be cool to do a full rat army with the trees, maybe convert them the be more Pestilens-y.

What do you make of my list below? I've got a 1500 point game against Stormcast with a potential stardrake. The idea is to introduce some rend with blight cyst and rustfang for a potential -2 save. The GUO will hang around with the big blob of plaguebearers buffing their attacks and debuffing with favoured poxes. He will stick about for ages with endless gift fingers crossed. I'm a little concerned about spending so many points on a battalion in a 1500 game but it should work.

Any thoughts?

LEADERS
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Massive Bilesword
- Artefact : The Endless Gift 
- Lore of Virulence : Favoured Poxes
Lord of Blights (140)
- Artefact : Rustfang 
UNITS
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
BATTALIONS
Blight Cyst (220)
TOTAL: 1500/1500 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 113

25 minutes ago, suedester said:

What do you make of my list below? I've got a 1500 point game against Stormcast with a potential stardrake. The idea is to introduce some rend with blight cyst and rustfang for a potential -2 save. The GUO will hang around with the big blob of plaguebearers buffing their attacks and debuffing with favoured poxes. He will stick about for ages with endless gift fingers crossed. I'm a little concerned about spending so many points on a battalion in a 1500 game but it should work.

Any thoughts?

LEADERS
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Massive Bilesword
- Artefact : The Endless Gift 
- Lore of Virulence : Favoured Poxes
Lord of Blights (140)
- Artefact : Rustfang 
UNITS
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
BATTALIONS
Blight Cyst (220)
TOTAL: 1500/1500 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 113

Might be worth trying to find room for Festus. Allows you to apply “rend” from a distance instead of relying on the rustfang to do it more than once in a battle (before the LoB gets eaten by a star drake!)

3 hours ago, Ajay29 said:

Might be worth trying to find room for Festus. Allows you to apply “rend” from a distance instead of relying on the rustfang to do it more than once in a battle (before the LoB gets eaten by a star drake!)

I don't really have much room. I do love Festus though. Fortunately the LoB can't be eaten as he has 7 wounds.

Hey so i recently acquired a Maggotkin force and wanted to get some ideas of this list.

Allegiance: Nurgle
Leaders
Gutrot Spume (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
Lord of Blights (140)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
- Artefact: Muttergrub 
Rotigus (340)
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)
Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1

Im looking at using this as an army i can fly with, so trying to make it competitive.

Cheers

Hey guys i want to make a transition from Clan Pestilens to Maggotkin of Nurgle.
Here is my list.

Gutrot Spume and one unit of Blightkings goes in the backline to put pressure on heroes & shooting units.

Plague Plaguebearers for holding the objective.

Plague Furnance pray Fever
Lord of Blights using his Plagueflies to protect one Unit of Monks 
The Glottkin cast Fleshy Abundance on the other Plague Monk unit for protection / when the Plague Monks hit the enemy he uses Lords of Nurgle + Blades of Putrefaction
Verminlord Corruptor as a backup for the Glottkin with Gouge tear their Eyes he also can stop an important enemy unit from getting into the combat with Glorious Afflictions

LEADERS
Plague Furnace (180)

Lord of Blights (140)

The Glottkin (420)
- Lore of Malignance : Blades of Putrefaction - Lore of Foulness : Magnificent Buboes

Verminlord Corruptor (220)
- General
- Command Trait : Grandfather's Blessing - Artefact : The Witherstave
- Lore of Virulence : Glorious Afflictions

Gutrot Spume (140)

UNITS
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Woe-stave
- Icon of Pestilence - Bale-chimes
30 x Plague Monks (210)
- Woe-stave
- Icon of Pestilence - Bale-chimes

TOTAL: 1990/2000
EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0
WOUNDS: 176

Edited by steffen
  • Like 1

Took second place in local tournament yesterday with this list:

Mortal Realm: Hysh

LEADERS

The Glottkin (spell: Blades of Putrefaction) @ 420

Harbinger of Decay (General; artifact: Brooch; trait: Grandfathers Blessing) @160

Festus the Leechlord (spell: Plague Squall) @140

Lord of Blights (artifact: Rustfang) @140

BATTLELINE

5x Putrid Blightkings @160

40x Chaos Marauders (Mark of Nurgle, axes and shields, banner, icon, drummer) @200

BATTALIONS

Blight Cyst @220

Total pts: 1760

Extra CP: 5

6 command points on the first battleround + brooch allow me to use all command abilities every turn, in 3d game marauders killed ~1000 pts of enemy units. 

Hello everybody,

i'm new to aos and maggotkin, i was a nurgle player around 15 years ago ahaha!

i rode the most of the toughts in the group but i still have a question, maybe i missed it, anyway, is possibile to run beast of chaos in the maggotkin? If no, may i know why?

many thanks and have a great time!

3 hours ago, JacoPisa said:

is possibile to run beast of chaos in the maggotkin?

God-specific battalions in Beasts of Chaos Battletome got factions of their gods in FAQ. For example, Nurgle Battalion can be part of Nurgle Alligiance army not being allies. But beastmen heroes cant get traits, artifacts and spells from Maggotkin book, so you still need mortal/rotbringers/daemon heroes. 

Went to Cancon and managed to win 4/6 with the following list:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Grandfathers Blessing
- The Witherstave
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Mount: Steed
- Runestaff
Lord of Blights (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)

The two games I lost were really close, one to a thricefoul befoulment where the relocating orb abandoned me, and one against an evocator heavy stormcast list. Had a fantastic time though and managed to get a best opponent award, and finished overall 42/roughly 200.
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Brodylan said:

Went to Cancon and managed to win 4/6 with the following list:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Grandfathers Blessing
- The Witherstave
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Mount: Steed
- Runestaff
Lord of Blights (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)

The two games I lost were really close, one to a thricefoul befoulment where the relocating orb abandoned me, and one against an evocator heavy stormcast list. Had a fantastic time though and managed to get a best opponent award, and finished overall 42/roughly 200.

Interesting list! Why Blighlords over Plague Drones? 

26 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Interesting list! Why Blighlords over Plague Drones? 

I actually really rate them highly, the difference in survivability isn’t much, being 2 wounds less but with a 4+ save, but I would have found it difficult at any point in 6 games to get more than 4 into combat or over the back of enemy units due to the amount of terrain on the table, and model for model these hit harder. With grandfathers blessing and the spell from the chaos sorcerer lord, they killed a leviadon in one turn, 20 ardboys (including battleshock) in one turn, and 28 hearthguard berserkers over a couple of turns in different games. They never got killed in 6 games either which was pretty nice.   

• Like 3

Funny that you show your lists. I was just busy here at home reviewing all maggotkin lists on cancon. Eventually, categorised them as Good - Average - below average. Your list together with the two thricefold battalions and the guy who finished 8th ( with all those blightkings and epidmus) where in my good list. Problem with my analysis is i dont know the players so my assumption is all players are equally good (which isnt true obviously). My conclusion was that thricefold is one of the best battalions at the moment and you and the other guy (best magotkin at canco) have also good lists, but are probably also good at playin the game! Nice lists you got there, good to see those pussgoyles played, love the models.

btw, no offense meant, but your kill points werent that high right? Around 3500? I asume that is the total of all the points you killed in 6 battles, 3500/12000?

maybe i drop my analysis here one time. 

Thx for sharing your experience, i hope to end up high in a big tournament too one time.

greetz

I am curious what is the verdict on Blight Cyst?  I know before it was considered a go-to battalion but lately, I've seen the opinion that it's not as good as it first appears; it certainly is expensive.  What are the good Maggotkin lists using now?  Is it still mostly Blightkings with a block of Plaguebearers?  Plague Monk spam (so not really Nurgle at all)?  Daemons?  What has been working?

On 2/1/2019 at 6:52 PM, wayniac said:

I am curious what is the verdict on Blight Cyst?

Im use Blight Cyst in every single game since battletome have released, and its steel best mortal nurgle battalion. It is combined with other armor debuffs, like Festus and Rustfang very fine. 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:52 PM, wayniac said:

What are the good Maggotkin lists using now?

In my list i combine some most powerful traits of our army, such as armor debuff (blightcyst, festus, rustfang), mortal wounds dealing (chaos marauders who can get +1 to hit rolls with blades of putrefaction and get second attack from Glottkin), high toughness (Harbinger of Decay, second wound on marauders from Glottkin, cloud of flies on marauders from Lord of Blights). Many of buffs cost CP, but we have 6 on 1st turn and regenerate them with brooch. I have good winrate with this list. 

WarscrollBuilderList (2).pdf

On 2/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, Brodylan said:

@Fluxlord I think the kill points is probably more due to the way I play the list than anything else, I try to pin units whilst capturing objectives. I definitely struggled in the area, but secondary objectives were used as a tie break so they didn’t come into effect too much. 

More and more tournaments in Sweden are moving away from killpoints totally.

I mean, often if you are dominant in a match you will have killed more than your opponent - that's a given. However, two different factions can be equally dominant in a match up and yet have a large difference in kps.

So I think it's fine (better even) to have a strategy that isn't about killing everything or as much as possible. So long as it works for objectives and 2ndaries.

My only problem with the units I have painted up is that I have trouble doing ANY damage against some lists which makes it hard to control and take objectives.

Edited by Turragor

6 hours ago, Imperi-um said:

Hey all, dumb question as I'm still a noob regarding AoS.
I really really want to run a Jabberslythe in my Maggotkin army as they seem to fit in perfectly, so gross. Now they don't contain the "Nurgle" keyword but is it still possible to get one included some other way?

It has the Monster of Chaos keyword so you can take it as an ally. 

• Thanks 1