AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 hours ago, peasant said:

ooh so sad our battallions and battlelines are so.expensive. 10 man units are not good enough. Maybe in next ghb 19 we get some discounts, Ill paint them anyway, bur keep using my mortals

The thing is: 30 Plaguebearers are really hard to remove and well worth the 320 points. But compare 10 Plaguebearers to 5 Blightkings. There is no competition, Blightkings are better in every single aspect and only 40 pts more expensive. 

Plaguedrones with GUO's command ability and a Daemon hero nearby are able to bring the hurt, but I doubt that 3 will be enough. 

15 hours ago, peasant said:

yes, but I read here of people having trouble with units of 6 being so hard to pile effectively in.combat

I've had success with units of 3. I just shadow them with a DP or a vermin lord with an artifact (sword of judgement or something)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hannibal said:

The thing is: 30 Plaguebearers are really hard to remove and well worth the 320 points. But compare 10 Plaguebearers to 5 Blightkings. There is no competition, Blightkings are better in every single aspect and only 40 pts more expensive. 

Plaguedrones with GUO's command ability and a Daemon hero nearby are able to bring the hurt, but I doubt that 3 will be enough. 

Blightkings are great. But they aren't summonable. Units of 10 PBs can be a major pain for your opponent when summoned in as speed bumps.

8 hours ago, Tasman said:

Blightkings are great. But they aren't summonable. Units of 10 PBs can be a major pain for your opponent when summoned in as speed bumps.

i dont know in Your meta but in mine blightkings are not the big deal there is a lot of things that give them -1, or obliterates them 1Turn.  Against Ironjawz they do nothing if they fight brutes or charged by gore gruntas

Edited by peasant

Hey all. I am expecting a game against moonclan tomorrow with our grandfather's finest. Has anyone got suggestions for dealing with max sized blocks of grots and collosal squigs?

I typically go blightking heavy, but also own rotigus,  30 plaguebearers, bloab, drones and a verminlord corruptor. 

Hey all,

Have just jumped right into Aos with the Grandfather faction and wanted to see if this was an alright starting point to start testing some games with (It's mostly just models I liked.)

Realm of Shyish

Lord of Blights (General) w/Overpowering Stench and The Wraithbow (no clue what works for him)

Gutrot Spume

Sorceror w/Blades of Putrefaction 

Great Unclean One w/Bile Blade, Doomsday Bell, Ethereal Amulet, Sumptuous Pestilence

5 x Blightkings

5 x Blightkings

5 x Blightkings

30 x Plaguebearers 

3 x Plague Drones

Blight Cyst Battalion 

Any thoughts will help 😃

16 hours ago, peasant said:

i dont know in Your meta but in mine blightkings are not the big deal there is a lot of things that give them -1, or obliterates them 1Turn.  Against Ironjawz they do nothing if they fight brutes or charged by gore gruntas

I was talking about how Plaguebeares can be used when summoned....

9 hours ago, MrBeldaeva said:

Realm of Shyish

Lord of Blights (General) w/Overpowering Stench and The Wraithbow (no clue what works for him)

I tried that Wraithbow once i didnt like it. Your changes on sixes arent that high, change for at least one six when throwing 6 dice = 1 - (5/6)^6 = 0,665 about 2/3 that is and for at least two sixes is the former change minus the change on 1 six, which is 0,665 - 6*(5/6)^5*(1/6) which is 0,196 about 1/5

this artefact rsembles the lord of plagues ability where you roll 7 dice and do MW on 6+ in herophase with a range of 21”. (Which i also find trickyl in use, changes on sixes are somewhat higher there cause you roll a dice more)

but when you lucky with that wraithbow you have can do some xtra damage in the shooting phase with your lord, so take your changes.

Edited by Fluxlord

13 hours ago, Fluxlord said:

I tried that Wraithbow once i didnt like it. Your changes on sixes arent that high, change for at least one six when throwing 6 dice = 1 - (5/6)^6 = 0,665 about 2/3 that is and for at least two sixes is the former change minus the change on 1 six, which is 0,665 - 6*(5/6)^5*(1/6) which is 0,196 about 1/5

this artefact rsembles the lord of plagues ability where you roll 7 dice and do MW on 6+ in herophase with a range of 21”. (Which i also find trickyl in use, changes on sixes are somewhat higher there cause you roll a dice more)

but when you lucky with that wraithbow you have can do some xtra damage in the shooting phase with your lord, so take your changes.

Yeah I threw it on mainly as I couldn't think of anything else worth while and figured if it went off once or twice a battle it would be worth it.

I love to play Nurgle, i dont know if it is due to the fact of paternalism or that you dont have to be ashamed  of your sweety feet. Anyhow Nurgle can be played in very different styles and i think it’s that versatilty that i like. So i had the next list in mind, just to play for fun. Like to hear what you think of it and maybe even ever tried out...which i doubt.

so here goes i call them the Flyin Vomit Squad:

GUO (sword/flail) and the artefact thermalrider cloak

Lord of  afflictions ( general)

Daemon Prince of Nurgle

3*2 pussgoyle blightlords

6*plaguedrones

3* plaguedrones

This should be 1980 points and all models have the daemon keyword, and the fun thing is......yes, the great unclean can move an extra 4 inch (cloak) and CAN FLY!! WoW imagine the look on the face of your opponent if ou charge your 6 plaguedrones followed b a flyin GUO....and his command ability works on the whole army, cause they all have the daemon keyword. 

To bad i dont have the models yet, so if someone has, pls try it out and let me know how it went.....

Edited by Fluxlord

1st thing which came to my mind:

why sword and flail? Your army will benefit more from Bell and blade for movement wheel buffs ;)

2nd: 

Why the cloak at all? You have already 2 fast flying heros with nurgle Keyword amd you really will have space problems to get all those flys into combat;) Better spend the artefact on whiterstave or something.

Overall I like the idea behind the whole army even with pretty low model count... 

Edited by Zplash
  • Like 1

Hi,

I'm just getting started with AoS and have two quick rules questions.

1) Does Spoilpox Scrivener's Keep Counting ability work for Plague Drones? While it says Plaguebearers units, it isn't in capital letters and therefore doesn't refer to the keyword, so no?

2) GUO's selfinflicted wounds with the Bileblade can't be ignored, so Blubber and Bile can't save it? But for example if the GUO is equipped with The Endless Gift In can try to heal the selfinflicted wound?

Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, Zplash said:

1st thing which came to my mind:

why sword and flail? Your army will benefit more from Bell and blade for movement wheel buffs ;)

2nd: 

Why the cloak at all? You have already 2 fast flying heros with nurgle Keyword amd you really will have space problems to get all those flys into combat;) Better spend the artefact on whiterstave or something.

Overall I like the idea behind the whole army even with pretty low model count... 

Well the blade would be great, but the bell for the extra movement yeah even faster could be great. ( i never use drones or pussgoyles so all the movement i have woth those flyers was fast enough already for me thats why i came up with the sword)

The cloak is the whole centerpiece in this funbuild, because i wantd a fast flyin GUO! 

But indeed I only see the fun of this list in its mobility. I always play with the 4” moves (couple of units not countd) and i carfully place my units that this doesnt handicap me to much, but ofc it dos cause 4” is slow. So when i then have an flyin army with 8” moves i see opppurtunities, but maybe there arent that much. I actually only played Nurgle 4” so far. Maybe i should start to paint up my Tzeentch stuff and play with it, to get the feelin of playin with fast units.

thx for response anyway :)

12 hours ago, Mahalek said:

Hi,

I'm just getting started with AoS and have two quick rules questions.

1) Does Spoilpox Scrivener's Keep Counting ability work for Plague Drones? While it says Plaguebearers units, it isn't in capital letters and therefore doesn't refer to the keyword, so no?

2) GUO's selfinflicted wounds with the Bileblade can't be ignored, so Blubber and Bile can't save it? But for example if the GUO is equipped with The Endless Gift In can try to heal the selfinflicted wound?

Thanks in advance.

1. No reason why not.

2. Just heal him in your next hero phase with Corpulent Mass ability.

• Thanks 1

1. My understanding is that it doesn't work for Plague Drones though correct me if I'm wrong. Please tell me I'm wrong...

2. I think it could be healed with Endless Gift but you could just heal him with Corpulent Mass in the same hero phase since you pick the order of abilities going off.

Unbolded words refers to a specific Unit, Bolded words refer to a Keyword. Unless it was a printing mistake but those are usually FAQed. So "Plaguebearers units" is the "Plaguebearers" specifically. PLAGUEBEARER units would be units with the PLAGUEBEARER keyword.

Also note that Blanket Keywords tend to be singular while specific multi model units will also have the plural version.

So if you check the PB entry, it has PLAGUEBEARER and PLAGUEBEARERS keywords.

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before bit I was wondering if you guys have any tacticts and tips fpr how to play the Glottkin. I've played a few games and I can't figure out if I should use him as support or as a wreacking ball. For all his wounds he seems to die rather quickly and is hard to protect from shooting.

How do you play the Glottkin?

16 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Can someone link me to the list of official base sizes for AoS2 please or tell me the sizes for the following:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_core_rules_designers_commentary_Basesizes_en.pdf

FW's GUO also uses 130mm base.

6 hours ago, Primarch said:

How do you play the Glottkin?

Mostly people use him to buff the ever living heck out of Marauders to create giant bricks.

• Like 1