Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

 

@Tasman blight cyst was dope. After a few test games plague cyst was simply not worth it. Nice with blessed sons. Fun! Not sure if it’s competetive. Probably with right list but I didn’t have the time to find the secret sauce. 

 

Im not that experiencd in the whole Warhammer AOS, but I reasoned the plague cyst would be worth taking if the rend from the blight cyst is useless, for instance against Nighthaunt. On the other hand the throwing with heads in the blight cyst might be worth it on its own. But as i said not that much experience, rerolling failed rolls (plague cyst) seems good with blight kings, especially if you roll sixes after...?

Edited by Fluxlord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fluxlord said:

Im not that experiencd in the whole Warhammer AOS, but I reasoned the plague cyst would be worth taking if the rend from the blight cyst is useless, for instance against Nighthaunt. On the other hand the throwing with heads in the blight cyst might be worth it on its own. But as i said not that much experience, rerolling failed rolls (plague cyst) seems good with blight kings, especially if you roll sixes after...?

You are correct. Any rerolls on kings are golden! But is the battalion worth rerolling 2s...because they hit on 3s and LoP allows rerolls on 1s even without the battalion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

You are correct. Any rerolls on kings are golden! But is the battalion worth rerolling 2s...because they hit on 3s and LoP allows rerolls on 1s even without the battalion. 

You got a point there! So might use it if you have an opponent who can debuff your hitt rolls to 4+ or higher.... 

Anyhow, great job at the tournament!

 

Last thing I as curious about, you as a experienced nurgle player, whats your opinion on using Bloab in small battles 1000-1500?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fluxlord said:

You got a point there! So might use it if you have an opponent who can debuff your hitt rolls to 4+ or higher.... 

Anyhow, great job at the tournament!

 

Last thing I as curious about, you as a experienced nurgle player, whats your opinion on using Bloab in small battles 1000-1500?

That’s where he shines! To small of a game to use another larger point sink model. And he is the best maggot lords, IMO. He needs a chaperon unit though. His debuff aura is procs in hero phase,  so he needs to survive a combat phase or two to get use of it. I like to screen him with a unit of kings or plague bearers. Something a bit Tanky. Then when your turn rolls around you can unleash the flies! Charge him in when the unit is weakened to finish it off with his mounts surprisingly decent combat profile!

something I have always wanted to do is combo him and his dope spell with beasts of Nurgle and do damage in the movement phase! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

That’s where he shines! To small of a game to use another larger point sink model. And he is the best maggot lords, IMO. He needs a chaperon unit though. His debuff aura is procs in hero phase,  so he needs to survive a combat phase or two to get use of it. I like to screen him with a unit of kings or plague bearers. Something a bit Tanky. Then when your turn rolls around you can unleash the flies! Charge him in when the unit is weakened to finish it off with his mounts surprisingly decent combat profile!

something I have always wanted to do is combo him and his dope spell with beasts of Nurgle and do damage in the movement phase! 

Wow thanks for your elaborate explanation. And i was goin to use him in my next battle with a beast of Nurgle, since i had 100 points left and not much other models to fill in the gap. ( So using the acidic slime trail of the beast, and then hopefully roll that 4+, so you have damage in movement phase for the daemon flies right!)

thx for sharing your thoughts, again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

That’s where he shines! To small of a game to use another larger point sink model. And he is the best maggot lords, IMO. He needs a chaperon unit though. His debuff aura is procs in hero phase,  so he needs to survive a combat phase or two to get use of it. I like to screen him with a unit of kings or plague bearers. Something a bit Tanky. Then when your turn rolls around you can unleash the flies! Charge him in when the unit is weakened to finish it off with his mounts surprisingly decent combat profile!

something I have always wanted to do is combo him and his dope spell with beasts of Nurgle and do damage in the movement phase! 

You can use stenchplate artefact to do it as well ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: maximizing on Bloab's Miasma of Pestilence

1. Stenchplate is great because it pings in your opponent's movement phase; it occurs in an entirely different phase than Beast of Nurgle shenanigans. Unfortunately, it's difficult to prioritize this artifact over something more broadly useful unless you are in a Bloab-focused army. Even then, Bloab can't take artifacts himself, so you would need more heroes than just Bloab in a "1k Bloab List" to make this work.

2. Things with impact hits (GUO, Glotkin, etc) activate the spell during the Charge phase. I don't think we have anything with reliable impact damage, but I would consider the Gorebeast Chariot to be the best if you are up against a large-model-count army. It's basically an interchangeable choice with a beast of nurgle (same points, same purpose) in a Bloab list. A gorebeast chariot needs a 6+ to cause damage, but the 2" reach is nice and crashing into a unit of infantry could lead to rolling a handful of dice. I would rather have 6 chances at rolling a 6 than 1 chance at rolling a 4+. If you are really invested, a unit of 2 or 3 gorebeast chariots makes for a nice little hammer with the support of a CLoDM and Bloab. Add in chronomantic cogs and you only need a hard-6 charge roll (with a re-roll from CLoDM or CP) to double Gorebeast attacks OR use cogs to let Bloab cast Blades and Miasma in same turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sal4m4nd3r Any chance for a photo or two of your tourney army and display board?

 

And by the way, nice work and thank you for sharing your experience! @sal4m4nd3r

Edited by Domowoj
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really dont want to take away from the Nurgle centered discussion going on here for a high five session. I am weary of being boastful. 

First a few photos.  A full display board shot, a close-up for Glottkin, and the warshrine I kitbashed and painted the week of the event. Heavy handed drybrush but I went for a creepy dead body/compost cart of  the priest  (epidemius was the PERFECT model for this) is tending and turning into compost for the garden.  Whenever I would take down a big model at the event I yelled out "More mulch for the garden!" It was fun. 

List: Glottkin with Gift of Contagion. Harbinger (general) with Witherstave and Grandfathers blessing, Gutrot, Lord of Blights with rustfang, Chaos warshrine, 20 marauders, 10 kings, 5 kings, 5 kings. 

Game synopsis. Rounds 1-3 were in the Realm of Gyran. Rounds 4-6 were in Chamon. Realmscape features were predetermined for each round. 

Round 1 was Knife to the heart with the verdant landscapes realmscape feature. (It is the null realmscape feature) I played against Brad College, a Beast Claw Raider Army. Awesome dude. Fun loving. Has been in the hobby forever. I have a standard deployment I like. Marauders up front. Harbinger behind them in the middle. Glotkin directly behind him, trying to stay 30.01" from my opponents front line (for at least one turn of un-dispellable magic), warshine flanking on side of the harbinger and glottkin with blightkings on the other. An immovable brick.

He ran Frostlord on stone horn x2, ogres on thundertusk x2, 4 mournfang and 3 trolls. I deployed in the above manner with one king 6" from my home objective. Gutrot and 10 kings deployed in the slime fleet. I took first turn, not wanting to cede ANY ground to him with his fast movement and long charges. I cut off possible routes to home obejctive. Marauders ran up the middle, glottkin and 10 kings ran up one flank, harbinger hid behind central piece of terrain and doll out FNP. warshrine blocked off an opening through my lines between two piece of terrain with its large footprint. prevented me from getting the bonus 6++ but stopping his movement was key. Gutrot came in on the short board edge to my right. That drew a thundertusk and frostlord over there which he charged. Killed 3-4 kings. The remainder dropped the stonehorn in one round. He had also taken some mortal wounds from Cycle of corruption. Other frostlord and thundertusk got bogged down trying to kill 20 maruaders with fleshy abundance, mystic shield and 5+/5++/6++. Top of turn three glottkin cast mirrorpool (gyran spell - 18" teleport), moved 18" up, moved, ran, and summon 10 plaguebearers near his mournfangs that were guarding his home objective. Made the 9" charge. Made certain to only allow one pig to swing. he killed one or two, but it was an auto win as I outnumbered him on his and he wasnt even close to mine. Game over. It was a pretty sweet move. Major win. 17/17 points. 

Round 2 was against a friend's  Skyre army. Mission was places of arcane power. Realmsacape feature was lifesprings which gave my harbinger +1 wound.  He gave me first turn for some reason. I deployed in a brick similar to standard formation but with marauders around the entire brick. I tried to give him limited space for his storm fiends. But he popped up and did 17 MW to the harbinger. I saved 10! with 5++/6++ he ONLY survived because of realmscape feature. I would then go on the charge clanrats with shield of thorns (gyran spell) that did d3 mortals on any unit that charges them and he died. Womp womp. Glotkin tried to mirror pool onto center objective but failed. He took out the Lord of blights with warp fire throwers and stormfiends. Glotkin mirrorpooled onto far left objective held by a weak rat hero but failed the 7" charge. womp womp. I did manage to summon a herald of nurgle onto one objective, make the 9" charge and kill the rat hero holding one, but he held two and out paced me. It was fun but a Major Loss. 5/17 points (secondary and tertiary)

third game was against another friend Eel deepin army that's BEAUTIFULLY painted. Mission was shifting objectives with the seeds of hope realmscape feature. He ran an eidolon of the sea, 6 morsarr, 3 morsarr, 6 ishlean eels, 6 ishlean eels, 3 ishlaen eels. Lots of eels. Also tidecaster and the soul scyer. And Volturnos. I took first turn. deployed in my brick formation.  The main objective was on my side of the board. Gutrot and 5 kings  came in and took that as its only 6" from the board edge. Marauders ran (6" +1! +6" move) right onto the middle objective with fleshy abundance and mystic shield. And I managed to get them ALL in the cover. So 20 marauders, 40 wounds, 4+rr 1s/5++/6++. Didn't even bother with the other objective and decided with 2/3 I could hope for lucky rolls on the shifting objective. 12 eels charged the marauders and couldn't shift them. They held the center even after a 12 eel charge. 6 eels went after gutrot and 5 kings and couldn't reduce them enough to take it. So I took an early lead. Although He valiantly fought back. Volturnos charged in, eidolon charged in and 6 more eels came in to the main fight for the center. On his turn three he swings with ALL his units before I get an activation AND volturnos drops 3 command abilities to add +1 attack (so +3) to all his units. Its disgusting.  But I built my army for resiliency. And I simply had more bodies clogging up the objectives.  Major win. 17/17 points. 

I will summarize second days games tomorrow. But sitting at 2-1 I was pleased. 

board.jpg

board2.jpg

board 3.png

 

 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted a list a while back and thanks for the advice. I was running a warpfire dragon, I bought him a while ago just as a painting project more than anything. Just found him a bit underwhelming which is a shame. At least I have the model though.

 

So I have changed my list to the following;

 

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Plaue Flail & Massive Bilesword
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Nurglings (100)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
1 x Beasts Of Nurgle (100)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 152
 

Idea is bloab is quick enough to run alongside the drones and which blades on them should hopefully add an extra punch.

 

Main concerns for the list are; 

 

1) should I run the drones as 2 small units or 1 larger unit

 

2) should I drop a unit of drones and invest in more b.kings or leave as is

 

3) poxbtinger on vortex, should he use favoured poses as he won't move or sumptuous pestilence?  

 

I appriciate any feed back on the list and how I could improve it. If you could give a little explanation to your seasonings (purely for my own benefit) as I am still very new to AoS and do t het to play all too often.

 

Thanks indavance :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I really dont want to take away from the Nurgle centered discussion going on here for a high five session. I am weary of being boastful. 

First a few photos.  A full display board shot, a close-up for Glottkin, and the warshrine I kitbashed and painted the week of the event. Heavy handed drybrush but I went for a creepy dead body/compost cart of  the priest  (epidemius was the PERFECT model for this) is tending and turning into compost for the garden.  Whenever I would take down a big model at the event I yelled out "More mulch for the garden!" It was fun. 

List: Glottkin with Gift of Contagion. Harbinger (general) with Witherstave and Grandfathers blessing, Gutrot, Lord of Blights with rustfang, Chaos warshrine, 20 marauders, 10 kings, 5 kings, 5 kings. 

Game synopsis. Rounds 1-3 were in the Realm of Gyran. Rounds 4-6 were in Chamon. Realmscape features were predetermined for each round. 

Round 1 was Knife to the heart with the verdant landscapes realmscape feature. (It is the null realmscape feature) I played against Brad College, a Beast Claw Raider Army. Awesome dude. Fun loving. Has been in the hobby forever. I have a standard deployment I like. Marauders up front. Harbinger behind them in the middle. Glotkin directly behind him, trying to stay 30.01" from my opponents front line (for at least one turn of un-dispellable magic), warshine flanking on side of the harbinger and glottkin with blightkings on the other. An immovable brick.

He ran Frostlord on stone horn x2, ogres on thundertusk x2, 4 mournfang and 3 trolls. I deployed in the above manner with one king 6" from my home objective. Gutrot and 10 kings deployed in the slime fleet. I took first turn, not wanting to cede ANY ground to him with his fast movement and long charges. I cut off possible routes to home obejctive. Marauders ran up the middle, glottkin and 10 kings ran up one flank, harbinger hid behind central piece of terrain and doll out FNP. warshrine blocked off an opening through my lines between two piece of terrain with its large footprint. prevented me from getting the bonus 6++ but stopping his movement was key. Gutrot came in on the short board edge to my right. That drew a thundertusk and frostlord over there which he charged. Killed 3-4 kings. The remainder dropped the stonehorn in one round. He had also taken some mortal wounds from Cycle of corruption. Other frostlord and thundertusk got bogged down trying to kill 20 maruaders with fleshy abundance, mystic shield and 5+/5++/6++. Top of turn three glottkin cast mirrorpool (gyran spell - 18" teleport), moved 18" up, moved, ran, and summon 10 plaguebearers near his mournfangs that were guarding his home objective. Made the 9" charge. Made certain to only allow one pig to swing. he killed one or two, but it was an auto win as I outnumbered him on his and he wasnt even close to mine. Game over. It was a pretty sweet move. Major win. 17/17 points. 

Round 2 was against a friend's  Skyre army. Mission was places of arcane power. Realmsacape feature was lifesprings which gave my harbinger +1 wound.  He gave me first turn for some reason. I deployed in a brick similar to standard formation but with marauders around the entire brick. I tried to give him limited space for his storm fiends. But he popped up and did 17 MW to the harbinger. I saved 10! with 5++/6++ he ONLY survived because of realmscape feature. I would then go on the charge clanrats with shield of thorns (gyran spell) that did d3 mortals on any unit that charges them and he died. Womp womp. Glotkin tried to mirror pool onto center objective but failed. He took out the Lord of blights with warp fire throwers and stormfiends. Glotkin mirrorpooled onto far left objective held by a weak rat hero but failed the 7" charge. womp womp. I did manage to summon a herald of nurgle onto one objective, make the 9" charge and kill the rat hero holding one, but he held two and out paced me. It was fun but a Major Loss. 5/17 points (secondary and tertiary)

third game was against another friend Eel deepin army that's BEAUTIFULLY painted. Mission was shifting objectives with the seeds of hope realmscape feature. He ran an eidolon of the sea, 6 morsarr, 3 morsarr, 6 ishlean eels, 6 ishlean eels, 3 ishlaen eels. Lots of eels. Also tidecaster and the soul scyer. And Volturnos. I took first turn. deployed in my brick formation.  The main objective was on my side of the board. Gutrot and 5 kings  came in and took that as its only 6" from the board edge. Maruaders ran (6" +1! +6" move) right onto the middle objective with fleshy abundance and mytic shield. And I managed to get them ALL in the cover. So 20 maruaders, 40 wounds, 4+rr 1s/5++/6++. Didnt even bother with the other objective and deided with 2/3 I could hope for lucky rolls on the shifting objective. 12 eels charged the marauders and coulnt shift them. They held the center even after a 12 eel charge. 6 eels went after gutrot and 5 kings and couldnt reduce them enough to take it. Second turn the main objective was the center one. Didnt get fleshy abundance off, but I was able to get the 10 blightkings unit into the fight (a little only 2 or so got to swing), but they added more bodies on the objective. The warshine made his positioning difficult. Although He valiantly fought back. Volturnos charged in, eidolon charged in and 6 more eels came in to the main fight for the center. On his turn three he swings with ALL his units before I get an activation AND volturnos drops 3 command abilties to add +1 attack (so +3) to all his units. Its disgusting. Although I was a bit cheeky here. He boxed out my big unit of kings from getting in the fight because they were up against a 2" high cliff pice of terrain. I couldnt get them all up on top so some stayed on the bottom level. I gambled and did it knowing I would lose half the blightkings (literally 4 kings) to battleshock for being out of coherency when I took casualties. It worked out because I was able to kill enough of the eels to take the center objective. from him after he was able to get rid of the remaining marauders due to a KEY double turn he won. Major win. 17/17 points. 

I will summarize second days games tomorrow. But sitting at 2-1 I was pleased. 

board.jpg

board2.jpg

board 3.png

IMG_4484 (1).JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

Nice little write up and well done on your wins, army looks great as well! :)

Edited by ReAnimate Studios
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ReAnimate Studios I would run the drones as one unit. Also wouldn’t bother with the Balewind. With favorites oozes the extra spell will go to waste! I think you would get WAY more use out of gutrot spume with five kings by dropping the balewind and either the beast or nurglings. 

Also bloab won’t activate the drones loci. Maybe run the poxbringer behind them for the bonus attack and run the kings in front of bloab 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

@ReAnimate Studios I would run the drones as one unit. Also wouldn’t bother with the Balewind. With favorites oozes the extra spell will go to waste! I think you would get WAY more use out of gutrot spume with five kings by dropping the balewind and either the beast or nurglings. 

Also bloab won’t activate the drones loci. Maybe run the poxbringer behind them for the bonus attack and run the kings in front of bloab 

Thanks for that :)

 

Do you think my general trait; lord of war would be the best selection to have the kings bonus attacks on s 5+?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Do you think my general trait; lord of war would be the best selection to have the kings bonus attacks on s 5+?

I think, just like with artifacts, you can't take GA Traits with an Allegiance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just sure about the artifact thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

I think, just like with artifacts, you can't take GA Traits with an Allegiance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just sure about the artifact thing!

I wasn't entirely too sure myself. The scroll builder let me, but I'm sure it's far from the be all and end all when it comes to making army lists.

 

As for my GuO is rotigus any better? His unique spell looks pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you allegiance is nurgle you can only take nurgle traits, lores, artifacts etc.. You can still play GA chaos with a nurgle army, but lose the lores, artifacts, traits, cycle of corruption, summoning and the free feculent gnarlmaw. The only time I could see this being worth it is to run the plaguetouched warband. I would argue that's an even trade. 

I will try not to be so long winded as my first post.

Round 4 Was duality of death.  I played against my gaming group mate who was running Prince Vordrai, 40 skellies, 30 reapers, a big block of chain rasps, vampire lord and doggos. Glottkin and Vordrai deployed right in line with each other for a showdown on my left objective. I basically ceded the other objective to him and his vamp lord and chain rasps. I wasn't going to be able to break it from him with his ability to heal those little ghosts and If I tried I risked the major loss. So I from the beginning I decided to settle for trying for the minor win and not risk a major loss. He made one crucial error. He deployed vordrai right behind a single line of doggos, but they were horizontal. So I ran the marauders up (rolling a 5+1), trying for a first turn charge on the dogs to lock vordrai for a turn. Glottkin ran up and grabbed the objective. Marauders made the charge, killed a dog I think.. whatever. Vordrai killed a bunch of them and I used my second command ability to inspire them. So vordrai had to retreat, allowing me time to reposition and damage him before he charged him. I used the lord of blights and the warshrine to block off areas for a charge. He needed 10+ or higher for a successful charge and got it. He swung and hurt glotty. took 7-8 wounds total. At that point there is 20 mins left and priority for turn three. I offered him the minor win as he wiped the marauders and I killed some dogs. He wanted the major. If he won priority he had the chance to kill glottkin and take both. I rolled a 6 for priority, killed vordrai and secured the minor win. 

Round 5 - starstrike. was against iron jaws. 15-20 brutes, maw crusha, realmgate battalion, warchantas, mega boss. shamen. I loved the guy. Great opponent. Lots of fun but this wasnt really a challenge. Surprised to see orks that high on the tables (table 14 - papa nurgle was smiling down on me). He charged his maw crusha into warshrine, blightkings and near lord of blights and glottkin. I was confused. Didnt know if he knew something I didnt. LOL. He nearly killed the warshrine. But next turn, I hit him with curse of rust (chamon spell -1 to hit/-1 to save), rustfang, and gift of contagion for -1 to save. So -3 to save. dead maw crusha turn one. After that it was just blight kings vs brutes. Tabled and major win by top turn three. Metor landed perfectly for me as well. 

Round 6 was focal points. I drew one of the nagash lists on table 10. Nagash, 40 skellies, 30 reapers, big block of chain rasps, necro.I thought I was going to get rolled. I had accepted my fate and began chugging beers ahaha. but sometimes the dice just hand you gifts. My rolls were insane. He played it perfectly but his dice just had a vendetta against him. I grabbed three objectives turn one. He  brought in all the ghosts from the grave to my weak side. Imagine a yin-yang.. my strong side moved to his weak side and his strong side to my weak side in this rotating ball of bone and guts. BUT he failed all 3 of his 9 inch charges. Nagash could charge because I had used the marauders to charge the skellies...nagash was right behind a single row of skellies and locked him. He retreated to move away but couldnt charge. My turn, cycle of corruption his nagash for 2 wounds. takes em all. Lord of blights hurls a head at him for 2 damage. takes em all. Glottkin uses his shooting attack and it actually hits and wounds and goes through for 7 damage! Very fitting. 5 kings charge in and finish him off in one round of swinging. It was so cinematic! I just envisioned glottkin vomiting acidic bile all over him and everyone just gets inspired and chops him until he just decides ****** this im out and fades away ahaha. Opponent conceded at that point and a major win for me. 

That concluded an amazing weekend of gaming for me. Thanks for listening to me rant and rave. Im proud to represent The grandfather well. I took 3rd overall with a perfect paint score and 11th in battle points. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I offered him the minor win as he wiped the marauders and I killed some dogs. He wanted the major. If he won priority he had the chance to kill glottkin and take both. I rolled a 6 for priority, killed vordrai and secured the minor win. 

Important lesson that victory is possible in the most unlikely circumstances! So many times it's Turn 3 and I think there's no chance, but I turn it around T5.

Nice writeup, thanks!

Edited by hughwyeth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Important lesson that victory is possible in the most unlikely circumstances! So many times it's Turn 3 and I think there's no chance, but I turn it around T5.

Nice writeup, thanks!

I wore my Brady jersey to remind myself about the value of mental toughness and not giving up until the clock hits 0 ;) . In all seriousness, Nurgle is a late game army, and you really have to have mental toughness and be willing to get beat on quite a bit but rely on resiliency and attrition. 

But, good lord the amount of "aRe ThOsE dEfLaTeD dIcE??!" jokes got a bit obnoxious though :P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sal4m4nd3r the final game sounded epic! Great write ups. I much rather short concise reports than the longer winded ones (unless they are very well written) 

 

Congrats on your final position. Make some on like myself starting out in AoS really enthusiastic for getting to a few tournaments:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

As for my GuO is rotigus any better? His unique spell looks pretty good. 

As with everything, inclusion of Rotigus vs generic GUO is situational and therefore depends on various factors (e.g., the rest of your list). Deluge of Nurgle is an amazing spell and it partners wonderfully with Plague Squall and Rampant Disease. Rotigus is no slouch. If I am running a Thricefold Befoulment, including Rotigus is a no-brainer. Otherwise, I consider whether my army is geared toward being  either an immovable object or an unstoppable force. If my entire army is deep-striking with Gutrot and fast-moving aggressive attacks with Plague Drones and cavalry, etc, then I probably would prefer a GUO with a bell and blade to make sure my units get to where they need to be and help get those important spells off. But if my army is entirely deffensive, i.e., LoBs and large units of infantry camping objectives, then I might take Rotigus and other such tools to goad my opponent into reckless decisions.

I recommend magnetizing your GUO kit with the different options so you can play around with your choices.

 

Edited by Domowoj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Domowoj said:

I recommend magnetizing your GUO kit with the different options so you can play around with your choices.

 

My GUO is the forgeworld version so I tend to play him as anything goes. Havnt had anyone complain about this in my local group.

 

Not sure how a wider group ie tournament scene would perceive this?

Another question, can gutrot spumebe given artefacts/traits if he is general?

Same goes for other unique characters? I seem to remember they can't but just wanted to confirm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having some fun with my semi Daemons list, can anyone suggest any easy wins to improve it?

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Lord of Afflictions (220)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing  
- Artefact: The Witherstave  
Horticulous Slimux (220)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm new to the hobby. I would be grateful if you help me create 1000 pts. list. Next I will take part in my first tournament and I don't want to be the worst. I have 1 start collecting deamons of nurgle plus 10x plaguebearers, half blight war box, 1 Lord of plague, 5x blightkings and 1 start collecting clan pestilens.

Edited by Siepa
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siepa said:

Hi, I'm new to the hobby. I would be grateful if you help me create 1000 pts. list. Next I will take part in my first tournament and I don't want to be the worst. I have 1 start collecting deamons of nurgle plus 10x plaguebearers, half blight war box, 1 Lord of plague, 5x blightkings and 1 start collecting clan pestilens.

It looks like you could do something like:

Poxbringer

30 Plaguebearers

5 Blightkings

6 Plague Drones

You could also drop one of the drones to get a Lord of Plagues and a command point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×