AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, peasant said:

Guys! Today I Used 30 plague bearers and used LoBlights to Get -4/-2 hittings and My opponent Get a Little mad with That do you think is unFair?  The Both Buffs Stack dont They?

Tell him tough ******. Its not a cheeky gotcha-hammer move.. its a warscroll ability combined with a command ability. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, peasant said:

Yes, but his Iron Jaws hitting on 6s was not Fun for Him. Ive not seen This Trick normally so I wanted to try It. 

Rotigus, underperformed so Im Thinking on Giving up on GUOs of any Flavour. The PlagueClaw did a Very good Job. 

GUOs are 340 points of support.  The Bell, then better casting and the command ability are worth it.  If you are taking them for beats they will under perform every time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, peasant said:

Yes, but his Iron Jaws hitting on 6s was not Fun for Him. Ive not seen This Trick normally so I wanted to try It. 

Rotigus, underperformed so Im Thinking on Giving up on GUOs of any Flavour. The PlagueClaw did a Very good Job. 

I'm a big fan of the GUO with the bell and blade, Favored Poxes, Cogs and Pestilence Breath.   Its a wizard and a tar pit.  

• Thanks 1

Quick question about FecMaws guys, when exactly do you set them up? My understanding is after the roll-off but before you pick sides? I guess what I’m asking is can you always place it in a place where it’s advantageous to you or can your opponent mess you about?

45 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Quick question about FecMaws guys, when exactly do you set them up? My understanding is after the roll-off but before you pick sides? I guess what I’m asking is can you always place it in a place where it’s advantageous to you or can your opponent mess you about?

It is before the roll of, the roll off to pick sides is included in the picking of the sides.

That being said I always try to centralize my free tree as much as possible.  With the big blocks of Marauders/Monks/Plaguebearers I tend to take if I need the run+charge I can conga line to make it happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Aex said:

That is the old warscroll. I know this for a fact because that is the wording for the old "In death there is life" rule. 

Here is the current warscroll:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//ENG-Horticulous-slimux.pdf

9 hours ago, grungolah said:

I'm a big fan of the GUO with the bell and blade, Favored Poxes, Cogs and Pestilence Breath.   Its a wizard and a tar pit.  

Why would you give cogs and favored poxes to the GUO? If it went off he cant move and then you would be wasting 3 casts next turn! Also GUO with cogs, endless gift would be straight up unkillable. LOL

On 7/18/2018 at 1:43 AM, BlancoNino said:

I The biggest weakness I see is lack of bodies for objectives.  Thinking about removing Blessed Sons, Harbringer and Gutrot to add in 2 units of 15 Chaos Warriors or 3 units of 10 Chaos Warriors.

I think this would be a mistake. Blessed sons and harby makes those kings an immovable brick that can also dish out a butt load of mortal wounds and regular wounds. Most objectives are tap and go. if you need to leave 5 behind to guard an important one then you still have 10 with lop, sorc and harby. 

On 7/18/2018 at 1:43 AM, BlancoNino said:

As for Glottkin I'm not really sold on him.  Hes amazing, but very squishy and takes 1/4 of your army (1/3 if you include the 40 marauders he needs).  For 20(?) points more you can get 30 Plaguebearers and a GUO, who have more staying power.

He is squishy if he is run into the heart of the enemy like a beatstick. I wouldnt treat him the same I would Prince Vordraior say a war mammoth. He is a support character who is also really good in combat. He makes marauders potentially one of the most devastating units in our army and also one of the best tarpits in the game. Plus I spent WEEKS painting him and he single handedly won me runner up best painted at NOVA last year. So Its VERY VERY hard for me to not take him. 

I like your list a LOT. Especially with plague cyst and blessed sons in there. Im clouded with "model bias". I spent a LOT of time converting horticulous and painting him to a high standard (for me) and since my army is HEAVILY converted to be in the middle of a garden it is hard to not include the Grandfather's head gardener! And now I am getting that same attachment to the CLoDM! I need tos top converveting before I run out of lists!! haha. Let me know how the game went PLEASE!

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Why would you give cogs and favored poxes to the GUO? If it went off he cant move and then you would be wasting 3 casts next turn! Also GUO with cogs, endless gift would be straight up unkillable. LOL

Favored poxes is the last spell I cast on the turn the GUO is already in combat with the largest unit in game.   He has already endured at least 1, maybe 2 turns of retaliation.   If prior  turn spells went well,  it's contagion phase 2.  Barf/breathe for damage. 

Endlist gift is great,  but I always choose something offensive. 

• Like 1

Im looking into going to a tournament in november, 1000 points, and this would be my first tournament ever. Now, beign a fluffbunny player mostly I have big troubles coming up with a list. Would love to include Morbidex Twiceborn and maybe even Horticulous Slimux.

Could you guys give me a few pointers on if this is even possible or if I should just give up on the idéa to have Morbidex in a tournament list.

/Cheers Rangeltoft

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peasant said:

I Want to Buy a glottkin model but is Impossible to transport! Im using a Plastic box with magnets but even with That The model is so Tall!

Did you see my set-up I posted about a few pages back?

2 hours ago, Rangeltoft said:

Im looking into going to a tournament in november, 1000 points, and this would be my first tournament ever. Now, beign a fluffbunny player mostly I have big troubles coming up with a list. Would love to include Morbidex Twiceborn and maybe even Horticulous Slimux.

Could you guys give me a few pointers on if this is even possible or if I should just give up on the idéa to have Morbidex in a tournament list.

/Cheers Rangeltoft

Tossed this together.  A list for Horticulous:

Allegiance: Nurgle
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Horticulous Slimux (220)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 20
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 68

Here is one for Morbidex. One interesting note.. I THINK his ability to add a model to a unit of nurglings would have no limit.. as in if you start with three. you could go above its starting cost. Someone want to point me to something that would prevent that???

Leaders
- General
Morbidex Twiceborn (260)

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Nurglings (100)

Wounds: 84

18 minutes ago, peasant said:

I Want to Buy a glottkin model but is Impossible to transport! Im using a Plastic box with magnets but even with That The model is so Tall!

Need a taller box.  I would never leave home without a Glottkin in the new edition, especially for Nurgle mortals.  I gotta say, I feel your pain though.  Working on an elegant transport solution for Archaon currently.  Hint: not sure there is one!

Edited by Luke1705
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

Need a taller box.  I would never leave home without a Glottkin in the new edition, especially for Nurgle mortals.  

Yes, I Will look for a taller box. That model is pure awesomeness and rules-wise is Better!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

Need a taller box.  I would never leave home without a Glottkin in the new edition, especially for Nurgle mortals.  I gotta say, I feel your pain though.  Working on an elegant transport solution for Archaon currently.  Hint: not sure there is one!

I put magnets at the bottom of glotkin and stuck him to a cookie tray from target. I took that cookie try to "the container store" and found this "milk crate" style container with handles and an open top. I magnetized all my clunky models and stuck them on the same tray. GUO, plague drones, horticulous.....

38 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I put magnets at the bottom of glotkin and stuck him to a cookie tray from target. I took that cookie try to "the container store" and found this "milk crate" style container with handles and an open top. I magnetized all my clunky models and stuck them on the same tray. GUO, plague drones, horticulous.....

Basically what I'm doing with Archaon except with sheet metal from home depot.  They also have the crates I need, so it's a one-stop shop (except for the magnets).  Only thing I've found is you have to check to make sure that the specific sheet metal is magnetic since not all of the stuff they sell is!  I usually bring a magnet with me when I purchase (or borrow one from home depot's magnet aisle lol)

3 minutes ago, Luke1705 said:

Basically what I'm doing with Archaon except with sheet metal from home depot.  They also have the crates I need, so it's a one-stop shop (except for the magnets).  Only thing I've found is you have to check to make sure that the specific sheet metal is magnetic since not all of the stuff they sell is!  I usually bring a magnet with me when I purchase (or borrow one from home depot's magnet aisle lol)

home depot actually has INCREDIBLE deal on magnets. These are the ones I use for almost everything. You have to order online.. but they ship to store for free. the price is well worth the couple days it takes to get there. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magcraft-Rare-Earth-1-4-in-x-1-16-in-Disc-Magnet-80-Pack-NSN0657/204721317?cm_mmc=hd_email-_-Pickup_Reminder-_-20180628_PP_ET_Merch_Pickup_Reminder_3129959-_-product_desc__W928746812

The ONLY thing I dont like about using sheet metal is there is no "lip" to grab it out of the crate. But you can cut it to exact size of the crate so it works out MORe times then not. It just so happens this cookie sheet I used is a PERFECT match for this one particular crate I got. But it sounds like you got everything under control! I will make a small suggestion to wrap the edges of the sheet metal in a layer of duct tape. Edges Are SHARP after cutting. I know from experience >_<

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Leaders
- General
Morbidex Twiceborn (260)

Battleline

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Nurglings (100)

Wounds: 84

Thanks, this list looks intresting, and for what it´s worth Im thinking the same as you regarding the summoning of Nurglings, there is nothing that I can find about not beign able to increase it´s starting size (which would make the ability rather useless if that was the case). Would it be possible  to include Slimux in a list with Morbidex in 1k or is that too character heavy ?

Another question: Regarding Grandfathers Blessing, do I choose which one works first, the cycle or the blessing, since they are both at "the start of the hero phase" ?

/Cheers Rangeltoft

58 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

home depot actually has INCREDIBLE deal on magnets. These are the ones I use for almost everything. You have to order online.. but they ship to store for free. the price is well worth the couple days it takes to get there. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magcraft-Rare-Earth-1-4-in-x-1-16-in-Disc-Magnet-80-Pack-NSN0657/204721317?cm_mmc=hd_email-_-Pickup_Reminder-_-20180628_PP_ET_Merch_Pickup_Reminder_3129959-_-product_desc__W928746812

The ONLY thing I dont like about using sheet metal is there is no "lip" to grab it out of the crate. But you can cut it to exact size of the crate so it works out MORe times then not. It just so happens this cookie sheet I used is a PERFECT match for this one particular crate I got. But it sounds like you got everything under control! I will make a small suggestion to wrap the edges of the sheet metal in a layer of duct tape. Edges Are SHARP after cutting. I know from experience >_<

Tin snips plus sandpaper are the bomb

19 minutes ago, Rangeltoft said:

Thanks, this list looks intresting, and for what it´s worth Im thinking the same as you regarding the summoning of Nurglings, there is nothing that I can find about not beign able to increase it´s starting size (which would make the ability rather useless if that was the case). Would it be possible  to include Slimux in a list with Morbidex in 1k or is that too character heavy ?

I would maybe choose either Morbidex or Slimux at 1000 points. Fitting both in uses up half your army and you still need two battleline units and hopefully units that can do work to take and hold objectives or kill things.  You may also want room for a wizard. I would choose one or the other at 1k points.

25 minutes ago, Rangeltoft said:

Another question: Regarding Grandfathers Blessing, do I choose which one works first, the cycle or the blessing, since they are both at "the start of the hero phase" ? 

The cycle moves at the start of the battle round. So that happens first. However, some of the effects on the wheel don't come into effect until at the start of YOUR hero phase. When multiple things occur "at the start of your hero phase," you get to choose what order you perform them in. So for example, the wheel turns to Corrupted Regrowth at the start of battle round 2. When it becomes your turn in battle round 2, you can choose to let the wheel effect occur 1st and heal your units, and then you could use Grandfather's blessing and turn the wheel either forward to gain a movement boost, or backward and then choose to process the effect of Rampant Disease which also is "at the start..." 

Someone please correct me if I am wrong about this.

• Like 1