AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

What do you guys think about Rotigus? 

Its such a nice model but he isnt played at all... or at least i didnt see him in matched games.

Im not sure if i want to put him at the end of the table and cast every turn deluge of nurgle (feels like expensive 340 points) or put him on Frontline due to his thoughness and OK dmg. Still with some wounds on him, deluge isnt quite good anymore.

So for me the spell doesnt fit to the rest of the abilities. And the spell is the reason for me to play him (besides style :P ).

Whats your opinion?

1 hour ago, Zplash said:

Hm,  why you want him "in sight" of 90% map? 

I will try to keep him out of sight for everyone to give no chances for unbind tries of enemy casters... this 30" range is hugh now. 

LOS is still required for an unbind try, right?

In the GH2017 rules it was clear stated. In the new rules it says nothing about LOS for unbinding... makes me feel little bit uncomfortable...

I'd assume because you need Los to your plague squal Target?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, PUFNSTUF said:

I'd assume because you need Los to your plague squal Target?

No LOS required for plague squall... thats so great about the spell and why i included a sorcerer in my list, to snipe some support heros etc...

At least thats how my group was playing it... dont ruin my day please

Edited by Zplash

15 minutes ago, Zplash said:

No LOS required for plague squall... thats so great about the spell and why i included a sorcerer in my list, to snipe some support heros etc...

You need line of sight for plague squall. No range though. So on a balewin he will be able to see almost the entire map, +1 save for balewind and the extra spell. Not worth it for me.. but hey im glad it works for some people. I would rather have 5 more kings for the 160. 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

31 minutes ago, Zplash said:

Is affected by los, rotigus spell is the one not

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

You need line of sight for plague squall. No range though. So on a balewin he will be able to see almost the entire map, +1 save for balewind and the extra spell. Not worth it for me.. but hey im glad it works for some people. I would rather have 5 more kings for the 160. 

Is this out of FAQ?

Because the spell itselfs just says "pick enemy units" and nothing about "which must be visible to the caster", like it is for the rotigus spell deluge of nurgle .

I always thought its described in the spell if LOS is required?

Thanks dir your input guys.

1 hour ago, Zplash said:

Wow. Thank you for the clarification.

Thats great because in the official "German language" battletome there is nothing about the requirement of LOS. Just pick an enemy unit for each 6+.

Poor translation in this case :(

Yea I am thinking that the cogs may be better than balewind in some nurgle lists, still gives you the extra spell and save re-roll, but you have the option of switching it on a charge turn.

1 hour ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

Cogs was pretty good in 2 games I recently played. I'm not sure its 60 points good for Nurgle, but I'd run them again. I'm giving the shackles a shot next. 

Interesting. I am working on an Archaon Nurgle list and the current iteration comes to 1900 pts, and cogs would take it to 1960, so at that point I'd tale another 4-40 pt endless spell but not sure if cogs is worth it over say +1 CP and geminids.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PUFNSTUF said:

Interesting. I am working on an Archaon Nurgle list and the current iteration comes to 1900 pts, and cogs would take it to 1960, so at that point I'd tale another 4-40 pt endless spell but not sure if cogs is worth it over say +1 CP and geminids.

I’m trying to get a block of 6 pusgoyles into an archaon list. Bit of a struggle. Any ideas? 

15 minutes ago, PUFNSTUF said:

What are you taking for battleline? Are you taking a lord of afflictions with the pusgoyles?

Nah can’t be battleline in an archaon list. Yeah was hoping take a Loa for the spearhead of contagion. Plus rerolling 1s on the pusgoyles is great. 

Tbh I’m really struggling fitting it all into a 2k list. Archaon, 6 pusgoyles and LOA costs 1540. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

39 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Nah can’t be battleline in an archaon list. Yeah was hoping take a Loa for the spearhead of contagion. Plus rerolling 1s on the pusgoyles is great. 

Tbh I’m really struggling fitting it all into a 2k list. Archaon, 6 pusgoyles and LOA costs 1540. 

Yea hadn't meant the LOA as a general but taking it for the command ability. To take 6 at 1540 is expensive, because you obviously want another hero if your taking archaon, so if you had a harbinger, you'd have to take 3 min units of chaos warriors and that takes you to 1970. If you go down to 4 pusgoyles I think then it'd be doable.

edit:

how about something like this:

Allegiance: Nurgle
Archaon (660)
- General
- Lore of Foulness: Magnificent Buboes
Lord of Afflictions (220)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
Lord of Blights (140)
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

Edited by PUFNSTUF

29 minutes ago, PUFNSTUF said:

Yea hadn't meant the LOA as a general but taking it for the command ability. To take 6 at 1540 is expensive, because you obviously want another hero if your taking archaon, so if you had a harbinger, you'd have to take 3 min units of chaos warriors and that takes you to 1970. If you go down to 4 pusgoyles I think then it'd be doable.

edit:

how about something like this:

Allegiance: Nurgle
Archaon (660)
- General
- Lore of Foulness: Magnificent Buboes
Lord of Afflictions (220)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
Lord of Blights (140)
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields
4 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (440)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

Yeah sorry miss read your message! I think you’re prob correct about needing downgrade the pusgoyles to a 4 man unit. Not sure bout lord of blights though. Plus don’t own any marauders, might have invest in a unit. 

Maybe Archaon, Loa, Harbinger, 4 pusgoyles, 10 blightkings, 2x 5 chaos warriors at 1980 pts. Not many bodies though. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

On 7/4/2018 at 5:26 PM, Avvien said:

Now I think you're confusing me for someone else...

Are you talking about GreenFly's list? It was 1880 (120 undercosted) with a Blight Cyst, so he was right about those 3 bonus points.

And what makes you say most people here think the plague cyst isn't good? - As far as I can tell, the only criticism you've had regards your choice of unit sizes and lack of spellcasters. Nothing at all about the plague cyst...?

I run plague cyst myself. My current 2k list:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore - 200

Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle - 120

Harbinger of Decay - 160

Lord of Plagues - 140

Sorcerer - 120

5x Putrid Blightkings - 160

Plague Cyst - 200

The Blessed Sons - 200

1940/2000

Enough room for some endless spells, if I don't feel like saving that extra command point!

I put this list into the scrollbuilder and the blessed sons was 100 points.

@Avvien what are you using for artifacts?  What realm? and what spells do you like to use?  I really want to try this list out!  Looks like a lot of fun.

20 minutes ago, Tuskan said:

the blessed sons was 100 points.

Oh, you're right! Double checked GHB18 and it's true! - That puts the list at 1840... Enough room to stick Gutrot in there and still have 20 points to spare! Or something completely different, who knows.

For artefacts I like The Witherstave on Harbinger of Decay, and The Carrion Dirge on the manticore rider, not sure about realm yet but I've been considering Hysh for Lens of Refraction. Ghyran for Ghyrstike on LoP would also be solid.

For spells I like Plague Squall on the manticore rider and on the sorcerer for hero-sniping. The manticore rider usually uses his default spell, Wind of Chaos instead. The Poxbringer usually sticks to casting foul regenesis, but I also give him Glorious Afflictions for when I need to keep something scary from moving around too much.

As for summoning, I tend to save up for when I have 21 contagion points (turn 4 usually), then summon 5 plaguebearers at 3 different locations to swarm objectives. If the game only has one objective, and the enemy has control of it, I'll summon them all near that objective and have 3 chances to charge! most times the 5 bodies is enough to take control. I've won a lot of games this way lately.