My version of that is (Blessed Sons):

The Glottkin = 380p

Blight Cyst (140p) with:

• Harbinger of Decay (General, The Witherstave) = 160p
  • Lord of Blights (Blotshell Bileplate) = 140p
  • 20x Putrid Blightkings = 500p
  • 5x Putrid Blightkings = 140p

A total of 1960, which sadly leaves me just short of buying an extra CP. I could try and get some random endless spell, but with this I might as well just stay there and get an almost certain triumph. The Glottkin can be a hard sell, but I really like the model, and want to see if the points drop make it playable.

I don't think that Glottkin's points drop will do the difference. He's still so much vulnarable to basicly anything... Not mentioning that in your list you will usually still use the Haringers CA instead of his.

I tested Glottkin out in plaguetouched warband with loads of marauders and I think he still wasn't worth the points even though he increased dmg output a lot. I just hope that he get's some fnp or 3+ save, and more wounds in the new battletome.

Still you could try swapping him for GuO with blade and bell and chronomantic cogs. I'm not sure if going with blob of 30 plaguebearers (they work real nice, staying at your own objectives with lord of blights) and switching to Munificent wanderers (If you position right you could use guo and harbinger to make a 3" aura reducing rend of enemy in combat by 1).

9 minutes ago, grucha said:

I don't think that Glottkin's points drop will do the difference. He's still so much vulnarable to basicly anything... Not mentioning that in your list you will usually still use the Haringers CA instead of his.

I tested Glottkin out in plaguetouched warband with loads of marauders and I think he still wasn't worth the points even though he increased dmg output a lot. I just hope that he get's some fnp or 3+ save, and more wounds in the new battletome.

Still you could try swapping him for GuO with blade and bell and chronomantic cogs. I'm not sure if going with blob of 30 plaguebearers (they work real nice, staying at your own objectives with lord of blights) and switching to Munificent wanderers (If you position right you could use guo and harbinger to make a 3" aura reducing rend of enemy in combat by 1).

For that, I'd simply play full daemons. 2x GuO and Rotigus in their battalion with a couple units of PBs. Since I don't like endless spells too much (and the latest factions just ****** on anyone trying to use much magic), I'd put the last points in a small force of BKs and a LoA.

Playing them as smth close to 50/50 doesn't give me that many good results. To make proper use of the -1 to rend effect you need your units real close, in which case you're not playing across all the board and probably losing the mission (unless it's a defensive one where you can just stay close to your area). If we wanted to really make a "sharper" list, then yeah, I'd simply drop the Glottkin and add a LoA and an extra unit of 5 BKs, with smth left like 90p (could even get 5 Marauder Horsemen, or a unit of Nurglings for the lols).

Can't really use the Glottkin properly until it's updated (or rather, IF it does get updated), but that argument sort of applied to most of our battletome right now.

44 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

My version of that is (Blessed Sons):

The Glottkin = 380p

Blight Cyst (140p) with:

• Harbinger of Decay (General, The Witherstave) = 160p
  • Lord of Blights (Blotshell Bileplate) = 140p
  • 5x Putrid Blightkings = 140p

A total of 1960, which sadly leaves me just short of buying an extra CP. I could try and get some random endless spell, but with this I might as well just stay there and get an almost certain triumph. The Glottkin can be a hard sell, but I really like the model, and want to see if the points drop make it playable.

I think the main issue with glottkin is that to make up for his points you have to use his CA every turn and same goes for Harbinger who is essential for our mortal lists... These are 2 CPs a turn which we just don't have... :(

1 hour ago, Zplash said:

I think the main issue with glottkin is that to make up for his points you have to use his CA every turn and same goes for Harbinger who is essential for our mortal lists... These are 2 CPs a turn which we just don't have... :(

Well, don't really "need" to. Considering the huge amount of attacks such a list already has, you can probably just use it once during a key turn. At the end of the day, the Glottkin is just an inefficient all-in-one pack. Sometimes it'll do close to nothing, other times it can be a huge presence on the board. Having a monster that can fight and still cast smth such as Blades of Putrefaction or moving the wheel when we need, without having to rely on our fragile casters or straight up paying similar points for a GuO. Although he'd be a better buy if he had actual passive auras for our guys, like how the LoA or LoP help re-roll 1s.

Again, I'm not really to get people into using it, because it's not very much worth it right now, but it has surprised more than one opponent. And any shooting/magic that's centred around killing the Glottkin in 1-2 turns is stuff that's not hitting our huge blobs of BKs. A distraction carnifex, as the 40k players say.

6 hours ago, decker_cky said:

Glottkins abilities are definitely designed to support horde type armies, which makes for a strange fit within the rotbringers subfaction. 

Adds a lot more to pestilens/plaguebearer/marauders/beasts of chaos based nurgle than it does to rotbringers.

Same for Lord of Blights - both Glottkin and LoB always bothered me when it's about the design...

44 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

With all those points changes a lot of interesting armies can be build. Though the lack of offensive power still hurts.

Doubt we'll get that until we get updated. Most of our units profiles are just terrible, and we don't really have that many combos or ways to inflict extra damage through MWs.

I guess the only important change is BKs and PBs. GuO/Rotigus were played anyway, same with LoA. BoN and Nurglings are as useless as before, and Drones and Blightlords are still too situational (and 10p less is nothing).

44 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Doubt we'll get that until we get updated. Most of our units profiles are just terrible, and we don't really have that many combos or ways to inflict extra damage through MWs.

I guess the only important change is BKs and PBs. GuO/Rotigus were played anyway, same with LoA. BoN and Nurglings are as useless as before, and Drones and Blightlords are still too situational (and 10p less is nothing).

Actually for 70 pts. Beasts of Nurgle seem playable with thriceshold, especially taking Munificent Wanderers subfaction under consideration.

Just now, grucha said:

Actually for 70 pts. Beasts of Nurgle seem playable with thriceshold, especially taking Munificent Wanderers subfaction under consideration.

I would try something with Hoticulous and 3 units of BoN around him and integrated in a Tallyband with the Munificent Wanderers host it's 2 drops and 2 Feculent at the start of the game.

Something like that :

- GUO 320
- Horticulous 220
- Poxbringer 120
- 3x30 Plaguebearers 900

-1x10 Plaguebearers 110
- 2x1 Beast of Nurgle 140 (up to 3 in tallyband)
- Tallyband 160 
- Prismatic palissade 30
2000 pts / 1 extra CP 

15 minutes ago, grucha said:

At that point I simply take more PGs, who are an actual wall and will reflect MWs anyway with One Last Gift, the spellportal and such. I see the point of taking BoN and try to heal them while you do MWs on retreat, but they aren't that many wounds, it's on a 4+, and the Beasts themselves aren't that resilient anymore (although the rend -1 helps).

9 minutes ago, hurben said:

I would try something with Hoticulous and 3 units of BoN around him and integrated in a Tallyband with the Munificent Wanderers host it's 2 drops and 2 Feculent at the start of the game.

Something like that :

- GUO 320
- Horticulous 220
- Poxbringer 120
- 3x30 Plaguebearers 900

-1x10 Plaguebearers 110
- 2x1 Beast of Nurgle 140 (up to 3 in tallyband)
- Tallyband 160 
- Prismatic palissade 30
2000 pts / 1 extra CP 

Tried smth similar, and worked in an odd, roundabout way. Horticulus with his battalion did almost nothing, but the sheer amount of trees he planted made it so I actually summoned an extra GuO turn 3 or 4. Although I played it combined with a Blight Cyst, who actually did the work in the game.

The only problem with that list is that you're sort of hoping the enemy will kill itself hitting you while you play the mission, since you have low damage. At least it's low in drops, though.

Edited by Gistradagis

2 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

The only problem with that list is that you're sort of hoping the enemy will kill itself hitting you while you play the mission, since you have low damage. At least it's low in drops, though.

Indeed.
I'll try this "competitive" 2 drops tallyband list in a good local tournament :

- GUO 340
- Be'Lakor 240
- Poxbringer 120
- 3x30 Plaguebearers 960

-1x10 Plaguebearers 120
- Tallyband 160 
- Geminids 60
2000 pts / 1 extra CP 

it will not be really funny to play but it could be a great combo with the Be'Lakor aptitude to take the 1st turn, use its aptitude on a big enemy unit (Alarielle, Changelord, etc ...) and then sit on objectives. After, let the 2nd turn to my opponent to still have the Be'Lakor's aptitude on. Then hope to get the lead on turn 3 and gain more points than my opponent.  

8 minutes ago, hurben said:

Indeed.

- GUO 340
- Be'Lakor 240
- Poxbringer 120
- 3x30 Plaguebearers 960

-1x10 Plaguebearers 120
- Tallyband 160 
- Geminids 60
2000 pts / 1 extra CP 

it will not be really funny to play but it could be a great combo with the Be'Lakor aptitude to take the 1st turn, use its aptitude on a big enemy unit (Alarielle, Changelord, etc ...) and then sit on objectives. After, let the 2nd turn to my opponent to still have the Be'Lakor's aptitude on. Then hope to get the lead on turn 3 and gain more points than my opponent.  

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Having played StD for a bit, Be'lakor is just great, and his ethereal save means he'll be difficult to wipe off the board. Just like those 100 PBs lel.

I might do smth slightly different and play a bit of a meme list in Munificient Wanderers with shenanigan potentials:

Nurgle's Menagerie 180p

• Horticulous Slimux 220p
  • Beasts of Nurgle 70p
  • Beasts of Nurgle 70p
  • Beasts of Nurgle 70p

Tallyband of Nurgle 160p

• GUO 320p
  • Poxbringer 120p
  • Plague Drones 190p
  • 3x Plaguebearers 300p
  • Plaguebearers 100p
  • Plaguebearers 100p
  • Plaguebearers 100p

Exactly 2k, 2 drops with the 2 battalions (which sadly means I have one artefact I don't need, although I could drop the Plague Drones and put another hero, perhaps Spoilpox Scrivener to give the PBs re-roll 1s to hit), a mass of walls that bounces of MWs and keeps both healing and bringing back guys from the dead and it just really difficult to move from objectives. Horticulous meanwhile plants trees non-stop to give me tons of corruption points while advancing together with the BoN, mostly to annoy the enemy.

Edited by Gistradagis

13 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Having played StD for a bit, Be'lakor is just great, and his ethereal save means he'll be difficult to wipe off the board. Just like those 100 PBs lel.

I might do smth slightly different and play a bit of a meme list in Munificient Wanderers with shenanigan potentials:

Nurgle's Menagerie 180p

• Horticulous Slimux 220p
  • Beasts of Nurgle 70p
  • Beasts of Nurgle 70p
  • Beasts of Nurgle 70p

Tallyband of Nurgle 160p

• GUO 320p
  • Poxbringer 120p
  • Plague Drones 190p
  • 3x Plaguebearers 300p
  • Plaguebearers 100p
  • Plaguebearers 100p
  • Plaguebearers 100p

Exactly 2k, 2 drops with the 2 battalions (which sadly means I have one artefact I don't need, although I could drop the Plague Drones and put another hero, perhaps Spoilpox Scrivener to give the PBs re-roll 1s to hit), a mass of walls that bounces of MWs and keeps both healing and bringing back guys from the dead and it just really difficult to move from objectives. Horticulous meanwhile plants trees non-stop to give me tons of corruption points while advancing together with the BoN, mostly to annoy the enemy.

10 Plaguebearers are 110 :(

21 minutes ago, hurben said:

Indeed.

- GUO 340
- Be'Lakor 240
- Poxbringer 120
- 3x30 Plaguebearers 960

-1x10 Plaguebearers 120
- Tallyband 160 
- Geminids 60
2000 pts / 1 extra CP 

I've played a quite similar list for the last year even before our new hosts... 

One advise from my side: try to squeeze a LoB in for his command ability. I know it's an extra drop but believe me in this list with this strategy he is worth it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zplash said:

I've played a quite similar list for the last year even before our new hosts... 

One advise from my side: try to squeeze a LoB in for his command ability. I know it's an extra drop but believe me in this list with this strategy he is worth it. 

Indeed. I hesitated for a long time but I've considered 1 less drop is a must have when you want to sit on objectives R1. 
My list is already validated so I can't change and we'll see if my opponents will have more than 3 drops :) 

5 hours ago, hurben said:

Indeed. I hesitated for a long time but I've considered 1 less drop is a must have when you want to sit on objectives R1. 
My list is already validated so I can't change and we'll see if my opponents will have more than 3 drops :) 

Yeah I totally understand your point. If you don't go first with this list it's hard to win... 

In my experience I had very few matches with less drops and funnily enough most of them let me begin either way... So honestly speaking they didn't understood the strategy of the list... Last year nurgle was very underperforming and not much played on tournaments, so I think they underestimated me. 

Another good option is to use belakor ability on the important front objective taking unit. In this case you have a 2/3 chance that you will get that mid objective first even if your opponent decides to begin. 

Either way, let us know how your tournament went and if you missed the LoB because he is what makes the Plaguebearers really juicy as shield :D

5 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

@Zplash Something like this, then 😛3c3ab21362d346f934cd0877f01d3732.png

Really hope with a new book they adjust the menagerie battalion and our summoning. 

I don't see how you can do any dmg with such a list. The only ability is a better summoning and blocking with trees and plaguebearers but besides that every offensive army will chew through the list pretty fast I fear :(

Just now, Zplash said:

Really hope with a new book they adjust the menagerie battalion and our summoning. 

I don't see how you can do any dmg with such a list. The only ability is a better summoning and blocking with trees and plaguebearers but besides that every offensive army will chew through the list pretty fast I fear :(

It'll definitely help if they fix our overcosted summoning, although the Menagerie does give you tons of corruption points.

You do damage mainly by being a wall the enemy bounces off of with your command trait, with some support spells and the BoN for extra MWs, all while the Tallyband brings back models and heals the heroes. To be fair, it IS very low damage, but that's why I said you really want to play the mission with this list. And considering that with the GHB 2020 now killing points don't even work for tie-breaks, that's even better. You go to objectives and refuse to move, while doing whatever secondaries are easier to you. Meanwhile, you keep bouncing off MWs and healing, ignoring one point of rend and all.

It's a meme-ish list as I said before, but I get the feeling it's one of those lists people underestimate until they realize PBs can be a bit tough to chew through when you have many (60), with the support the list brings. Ofc, some super offensive armies will chew through us and break our lines, and then it becomes a "did I get enough points to win anyway?" For a more aggressive army I'll almost always play Rotbringers (until we're updated), cuz I think our daemons are useful for (disgustingly) resilient lists that purely play the mission.

Nevertheless, I'll give it a try this weekend and see if it surprises me!

I very much wanted to build the Menagerie too but just not enough oompf.  I did try a bunch of Beasts of Nurgle once and that actually worked pretty well, the retreat MW trick.

Mainly I love Horticulous Slimux's model.  And I think he'll be my next purchase.  Be great for allying with Slaves to Darkness Despoilers anyways.

Can't wait to try my Beasts of Nurgle army but don't have my GUO ready yet.  

44 minutes ago, Zplash said:

Another good option is to use belakor ability on the important front objective taking unit. In this case you have a 2/3 chance that you will get that mid objective first even if your opponent decides to begin. 

Fair point. I'll adjust my choice when I'll have my opponent army in front of mine ;) 
Other option is to do it on a big unit used as a rope to protect all the army without any flying units. On a 1, 2, 3, 4 they block all the army move 😛 

And btw, sure i'll keep you update.