AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hi guys! 

I'm new Nurgle player (and new AoS player), and I want to make nurgle as strong as possible. 
I had read some of your discussions  when I was preparing my lists, but one thing is not perfectlly clear for me.  A lot of you recomend Chaos Marauders, as combo with BoP, because of their +1 to hit ability. But why do not use 40 plague monks instead? Monks cost only 80 points more for 40, have way more attacks (pair of blades + charge = 6 atacks per monk if I understand srcoll corectly?). They also get rerols of hit rols for blades + with icons 6 will not only deal a additional mortal but also got -1 rend and deal 2dmg . Sunds like perfect glass canon to me. 

Or maybe the fact that marauders have save on 5+, combo with harbringer and cost 80 less is much more important? Can you please give me some advices :)?

Also maybe some advices about how I should play nurgle ( not in term of army building, but more battlefield behaviours)? I like the army and the fact that is very tanky, but sometimes I just lose because mobility is very low and dmg is not so great and I can't take objectives fast enough. Some tips would be great (for example do nurgle want to go first or give the priority turn 1 etc). 

Thanks in advance :)!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 7:55 AM, Ajas said:

Hi guys! 

I'm new Nurgle player (and new AoS player), and I want to make nurgle as strong as possible. 
I had read some of your discussions  when I was preparing my lists, but one thing is not perfectlly clear for me.  A lot of you recomend Chaos Marauders, as combo with BoP, because of their +1 to hit ability. But why do not use 40 plague monks instead? Monks cost only 80 points more for 40, have way more attacks (pair of blades + charge = 6 atacks per monk if I understand srcoll corectly?). They also get rerols of hit rols for blades + with icons 6 will not only deal a additional mortal but also got -1 rend and deal 2dmg . Sunds like perfect glass canon to me. 

Or maybe the fact that marauders have save on 5+, combo with harbringer and cost 80 less is much more important? Can you please give me some advices :)?

Also maybe some advices about how I should play nurgle ( not in term of army building, but more battlefield behaviours)? I like the army and the fact that is very tanky, but sometimes I just lose because mobility is very low and dmg is not so great and I can't take objectives fast enough. Some tips would be great (for example do nurgle want to go first or give the priority turn 1 etc). 

Thanks in advance :)!

Great question! I choose to use maruaders for a couple reasons. One is its takes SO damn long to resolve attacks with that unit. Not to mention if you have multiple targets. Since I am either preparing for a tournament or playing in a tournament every single time I play.. a HARD 2.5 time limit (which includes any prematch banter, set-up describing my army etc..)shapes my warscroll decisions. 

In my army I have utilized both the Harbinger of decay and a chaos warshrine do provide multiple DPRs (damage prevention rolls). Blades is a 7 to cast which is a success rate of 58.3%. Essentially a 50:50 cast. and an unbind rate of 41.7% Which is a 24.4% of going through. And thats without the enemy having a unbind bonus. Correct me if I am wrong but there is NO available casting bonus for ROTBRINGER WIZARDS. So a 1/4 chance of success. Anecdotally, I rarely get the perfect combination of successful casting, unsuccessful unbinding, and a viable/relevant target. So I need this unit to do something else. Marauders (in my list) Just dont die. 5+/5++/6++ most of the time the enemy is RR 6's to hit (witherstave) and quite often RR 6's to wound (cycle). So i use them as a tarpit/speed bump, swarm objectives, with a potential of a huge damage spike. Monks are a glass cannon which doesnt synergize with the direction and flow of my army, but reamin a viable option in many lists. 

In terms of playstyle, what units do you like? While mixing demons and mortals is a possibility, I find it helps to mix as little as possible. The exception being blightkings in a demon army, as a cheap AND effective battleline. Thricefold is fun and strong, but relies heavily on magic, which other armies are simply better at.. so its highly matchp dependent. I play a blightking spam list because I love the models and the warscroll, but It can be a challenging army to use. 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 2

@sal4m4nd3r - Thanks for response! 

About units - I find both mortal and deamons army fun to play. Only problem I have with mortals is that, besides blighkings other units seems a bit....bad? I mean pusygoleblightlords are so much worse than blightkings that for me it seems very useless to pick them (but the models tho...). Also last time I have first time played with Glotkin, and for 440points he also do not fells incredible - his shooting have very small chance to resolve, melee is good, but only 1 unbind hurts.  Maybe I need to play with him more, to fell his power but right now GUO seems much more appealing (+3 move in nurgle is huge thanks to bell). Bloablords also are not very great, only bloabroatspawned looks like valid choice. 

I have play only around 7 games of AoS so I'm testing different builds of nurgle. Blight cyst batalion was very strong in my opinion, and talyband of nurgle was not worth it (200 pt for respawnig turns*d3 plaguebearers basically). I was not playing with GutrotSpume yet, and I think deep strike can be good with 10 blights. 

I would like to have 2 build one for deamon heavy army second for mortals. My last 2k points list were as follow:

Mortal:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders

The Glottkin (420)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Artefact: The Witherstave
Lord of Blights (140)
- General
- Trait: Resilient
- Artefact: Rustfang

Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
20 x Chaos Marauders (120) - Axes & Shields

Battalions Blight Cyst (200)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 172

Deamons List:

Spoiler

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Plague Flail & Doomsday Bell
- Trait: Pestilent Breath
- Artefact: The Endless Gift
- Lore of Virulence: Sumptuous Pestilence
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Sorcerer (120) - Artefact: Muttergrub

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
20 x Plaguebearers (240)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160) Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Battalions Tallyband of Nurgle (220)

Endless Spells
 Terrain Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1960 / 2000

Wounds: 127

My Mortals fought against skavens with ranged build (around 100 clan rats + ratliguns, sniper, canon etc). I almost win, we have ended with draw in victory points 18 to 18, but my army were wiped out so he score minor win. This game was a bit unfortunate - I lost all initiative rolls and was unable to successfully cast any spell (also  I didn't menage to unbind anything). But 2x 10 kings with rend -1 , harbringer  and 4 atacks per model (Glot  command ability) were an absolute unit, that devastated 100 clans rats like there where nothing. 3 times One good initiative roll would give me win so I was more or less happy with the list 

My demons was fighting DoT and I was pulverized by his spells and mass summoning. 30 plaguebearers vaporized turn 1 and my spells also didn't do a lot this game ( he had to much unbinds).  There were slight chance of victory, when my drones got  bonus atacks from GUO comand + atacks because demon hero was near, but then I again lost initiative and he summoned around 40 blues on my side, and manage to roll 11 on charge. But even without that I'm not sure if I would be unable to win this. 

Now I'm thinking about something similar to list 1, but without glotkin but with gutrot Spume and GUO instead. Maybe also some leachlord for additional spell. I'm not sure if batatlion is worth it - blight lord is ok, but it is basically -1, 1 artifact and 1cp rend for 320 points.     

There is also a lot about game style I still do not know. Should I rush objectives with plagueberers, or maybe slowly approach them. How to position the gnarlmaw. What is the best time for summons and what to summon etc. 

Sorry for the long post ^^

28 minutes ago, Ajas said:

@sal4m4nd3r - Thanks for response! 

About units - I find both mortal and deamons army fun to play. Only problem I have with mortals is that, besides blighkings other units seems a bit....bad? I mean pusygoleblightlords are so much worse than blightkings that for me it seems very useless to pick them (but the models tho...). Also last time I have first time played with Glotkin, and for 440points he also do not fells incredible - his shooting have very small chance to resolve, melee is good, but only 1 unbind hurts.  Maybe I need to play with him more, to fell his power but right now GUO seems much more appealing (+3 move in nurgle is huge thanks to bell). Bloablords also are not very great, only bloabroatspawned looks like valid choice. 

I have play only around 7 games of AoS so I'm testing different builds of nurgle. Blight cyst batalion was very strong in my opinion, and talyband of nurgle was not worth it (200 pt for respawnig turns*d3 plaguebearers basically). I was not playing with GutrotSpume yet, and I think deep strike can be good with 10 blights. 

I would like to have 2 build one for deamon heavy army second for mortals. My last 2k points list were as follow:

Mortal:

Hide contents

Leaders

The Glottkin (420)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Artefact: The Witherstave
Lord of Blights (140)
- General
- Trait: Resilient
- Artefact: Rustfang

Battleline
20 x Chaos Marauders (120) - Axes & Shields

Battalions Blight Cyst (200)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 172

Deamons List:

Hide contents

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Plague Flail & Doomsday Bell
- Trait: Pestilent Breath
- Artefact: The Endless Gift
- Lore of Virulence: Sumptuous Pestilence
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Sorcerer (120) - Artefact: Muttergrub

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
20 x Plaguebearers (240)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160) Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Battalions Tallyband of Nurgle (220)

Endless Spells
 Terrain Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1960 / 2000

Wounds: 127

My Mortals fought against skavens with ranged build (around 100 clan rats + ratliguns, sniper, canon etc). I almost win, we have ended with draw in victory points 18 to 18, but my army were wiped out so he score minor win. This game was a bit unfortunate - I lost all initiative rolls and was unable to successfully cast any spell (also  I didn't menage to unbind anything). But 2x 10 kings with rend -1 , harbringer  and 4 atacks per model (Glot  command ability) were an absolute unit, that devastated 100 clans rats like there where nothing. 3 times One good initiative roll would give me win so I was more or less happy with the list 

My demons was fighting DoT and I was pulverized by his spells and mass summoning. 30 plaguebearers vaporized turn 1 and my spells also didn't do a lot this game ( he had to much unbinds).  There were slight chance of victory, when my drones got  bonus atacks from GUO comand + atacks because demon hero was near, but then I again lost initiative and he summoned around 40 blues on my side, and manage to roll 11 on charge. But even without that I'm not sure if I would be unable to win this. 

Now I'm thinking about something similar to list 1, but without glotkin but with gutrot Spume and GUO instead. Maybe also some leachlord for additional spell. I'm not sure if batatlion is worth it - blight lord is ok, but it is basically -1, 1 artifact and 1cp rend for 320 points.     

There is also a lot about game style I still do not know. Should I rush objectives with plagueberers, or maybe slowly approach them. How to position the gnarlmaw. What is the best time for summons and what to summon etc. 

Sorry for the long post ^^

Just a short feedback to your 1st list. With Harbinger and glott in one list you will always struggle with command points... Because to use the full effective of those two expensive models you want to use there comma d like every turn... And with max 2 add. CP this is very hard and so this combo feels very clunky for me. Additional glotts command and his signitiare spell favors more the horde units like plaguebearers monks or maybe marauders ;)

But looks like you already made this conclusion for yourself and looking in the right direction with gutrod deepstrike and maybe GUO for move. 

But as @sal4m4nd3r stated I think you should take a look at the warshrine or maybe Festus, sorcerer with potential strong lore spells or endless spells. Lots of possibilities there for 440 points :)

@Ajas I would avoid all battalions save for blight cyst if you want to build around that. They are simply to overpriced. The book was written in a time where there was a big backlash against battalions.. and it is evident.  Persoanlly Im not a huge fan of blight cyst. I find to many armies have or have access to spells that can shield themselves from rend. I also find the Lord of Blights requirement a tax. So its essentially 340 points for something that I have found to be mitigated by my opponent.  Just my own playstyle though.. as I almost exclusively play tournament builds. 

Pusgoyle  Blightlords excel at flying over chaff and attacking support heros. Especially with a lord of afflictions to double their movement.  They suffer from not being able to clear hordes off an objective, and not being able to secure an objective.. as 5 models simply takes it from them. Great models, with a roll.. but not a true competitive unit. $ blightlords with a harbinger of decay behind them is truly in UNMOVEABLE unit though. 

Consider ally in the broken and hilariously undercosted (points) Contorted Epitome (the model with the big mirror) from Slaanesh. At 200 points its a double caster, double unbind. RR all casting, unbinding and dispelling attempts. Has a native spell that works fine in Nurgle (pick d3 enemy units and RR ones to hit against those units.. great for blightkings) and is a great way to reliably cast realm spells which are very strong (if you play with those). Also can make every unit strike LAST in the combat phase on 4+.

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

@Ajas I would avoid all battalions save for blight cyst if you want to build around that. They are simply to overpriced. The book was written in a time where there was a big backlash against battalions.. and it is evident.  Persoanlly Im not a huge fan of blight cyst. I find to many armies have or have access to spells that can shield themselves from rend. I also find the Lord of Blights requirement a tax. So its essentially 340 points for something that I have found to be mitigated by my opponent.  Just my own playstyle though.. as I almost exclusively play tournament builds. 

Pusgoyle  Blightlords excel at flying over chaff and attacking support heros. Especially with a lord of afflictions to double their movement.  They suffer from not being able to clear hordes off an objective, and not being able to secure an objective.. as 5 models simply takes it from them. Great models, with a roll.. but not a true competitive unit. $ blightlords with a harbinger of decay behind them is truly in UNMOVEABLE unit though. 

Consider ally in the broken and hilariously undercosted (points) Contorted Epitome (the model with the big mirror) from Slaanesh. At 200 points its a double caster, double unbind. RR all casting, unbinding and dispelling attempts. Has a native spell that works fine in Nurgle (pick d3 enemy units and RR ones to hit against those units.. great for blightkings) and is a great way to reliably cast realm spells which are very strong (if you play with those). Also can make every unit strike LAST in the combat phase on 4+.

My town meta is kinda competitive so I don't mind advices from tournament point of view :). So for mortal build that is competetive - blightkings and some alies /slaves to darknes. But how about demons? Is triple GUO only valid option for demons? I was thinking about Glotkin with plaguebarers - his spell on them would create a very resilient meat wall. And command ability would allow to soak some damage.  What do you think guys? 
And is bloab roatspawned worth giving a shot or no? 

2 hours ago, Ajas said:

My town meta is kinda competitive so I don't mind advices from tournament point of view :). So for mortal build that is competetive - blightkings and some alies /slaves to darknes. But how about demons? Is triple GUO only valid option for demons? I was thinking about Glotkin with plaguebarers - his spell on them would create a very resilient meat wall. And command ability would allow to soak some damage.  What do you think guys? 

Good to see some action here in the Nurgle thread. Dont go Bloab if you want to be competetive, it is a great model but to shine he has to be close to enemies and his spell needs to go of, but he is to flimsy and wil, get down very fast.

Glottkin with plaguebearers is great indeed! Put a demon behind the pb for their re-roll 1 to save.

im planning on bringing glott with pb and gutrot with 10 blightkings for deepstrike. (So no need for harbinger, cause those kings will pop up behind enem y lines)

And i f you want advice on plaguemonks,  dont go that road...as I did. Cause you find yourself buying plaguemonks and the starteset pestilens and for you know it you’re a skaven player to....🤣

3 hours ago, Ajas said:

Ive posted this list before. Hope Im not being annoying by doing so again. This is my current tournament list. Will be adjusting it in preparation for LVO. I want to maintain my current status as top nurgle in ITC! But I took this list to NOVA, won the one day RTT, and came in 18th in the GT. Its probably not the best list. but I LOVE it. I dont like taking minimum sized units. This list lack a big tough hero. So will struggle on some missions. I only lost to the guys who came in first and second place haha.. William Soehaili (won the gt) brought  a 3 keeper slaanesh list. Played him on Knife to the heart. And Joe Krier (legendary tzeencth player) and his changehost, on focal points. 

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing
- Artefact: The Witherstave
Gutrot Spume (140)
Festus the Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
The Contorted Epitome (200)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 200 / 400
Wounds: 199

Hi, long time Nurgle player, moved to Slaanesh recently, love the models and the lore (running depraved drove) coming back to Nurgle!  

Need some help, struggling on list and a wining combination. 

Got a battle weekend coming up against my mates, they will be fielding the following armies: 

Fyreslayers

Kharaden overlords

Stormcast

Skaven pestilence 

Not sure what the battlefield will be as it’s always random.

I have the following as well as epitome etc.. don’t have a war shrine :(

Hope you can help?

30 beastigors

30 ungors

Bray shaman

30 plague bearers

40 marauders

20 blight kings

6 plague drones

1 beast of Nurgle

6 nurglings

Gutrot spume

Gnawmaul

Great unclean one

Glottking

Bloab rotspawn

Horticulous slimux 

Harbinger of decay

Poxbringer

Lord of blights

Spoilpox

Festus

Lord of plagues

Rot-bringer sorcerer

Edited by Opidel

Nice line-up of models you got there.. It'd be a shame if someone.... helped you with a list :P

Those are some varied armies you have to face! HARDY troops, shooty troops, massed troops! Whats your playstyle? What units would you like to use? Thats a huge list. Noticeably no plaguebearers so either mortal troops or a pestilent throng. 

• Like 1

Hi,

I have fallen in love with Nurgle models and I love painting. Only swapped to slannesh cause of the speed :) and the new models are amazing.

I do have 30 plaguebearers (auto correct mucked it up) I have played demons with 30 plaguebearers as anvil and drones as hammer with blades spell:) and GUO as magic back up. Have also played blightkings a lot and played around with a list with bloab as he’s a cool model. 

Recently it’s all been blightkings, normally with lord of blights with battalion for the rend, although I’m beginning to think that’s not the best. Play-style wise I have tried aggressive a few times without much joy, recently it seems to be a bit more defensive, stacking buffs, summoning in to hold objectives to try and outlast the opponent.

Not tried gloat yet as he’s such a point sync, been thinking about pestilential grove with bestigors as back up to blightkings but I’m unsure, hence the appeal for a mega  Nurgle list :) from the experts. 

I love your warshrine list btw :) if I had one I would be trying that list. 

Hi folks, I was doing a Tamurkhan Horde list using BattleScribe and Tamurkhan himself features there as costing 460 points, but in the pdf from Forge World it says that the cost is 420. Apparently the General’s handbook 2019 didn’t introduced any changes, so I’m a bit confused about its point cost.  Would be much appreciated if someone could shed a  bit of light into this!

On 9/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, sal4m4nd3r said:

Great question! I choose to use maruaders for a couple reasons. One is its takes SO damn long to resolve attacks with that unit. Not to mention if you have multiple targets. Since I am either preparing for a tournament or playing in a tournament every single time I play.. a HARD 2.5 time limit (which includes any prematch banter, set-up describing my army etc..)shapes my warscroll decisions. 

In my army I have utilized both the Harbinger of decay and a chaos warshrine do provide multiple DPRs (damage prevention rolls). Blades is a 7 to cast which is a success rate of 58.3%. Essentially a 50:50 cast. and an unbind rate of 41.7% Which is a 24.4% of going through. And thats without the enemy having a unbind bonus. Correct me if I am wrong but there is NO available casting bonus for ROTBRINGER WIZARDS. So a 1/4 chance of success. Anecdotally, I rarely get the perfect combination of successful casting, unsuccessful unbinding, and a viable/relevant target. So I need this unit to do something else. Marauders (in my list) Just dont die. 5+/5++/6++ most of the time the enemy is RR 6's to hit (witherstave) and quite often RR 6's to wound (cycle). So i use them as a tarpit/speed bump, swarm objectives, with a potential of a huge damage spike. Monks are a glass cannon which doesnt synergize with the direction and flow of my army, but reamin a viable option in many lists. 

In terms of playstyle, what units do you like? While mixing demons and mortals is a possibility, I find it helps to mix as little as possible. The exception being blightkings in a demon army, as a cheap AND effective battleline. Thricefold is fun and strong, but relies heavily on magic, which other armies are simply better at.. so its highly matchp dependent. I play a blightking spam list because I love the models and the warscroll, but It can be a challenging army to use. 

If it is 58.3% success and 41.7% unbind then it would be 34% chance of going through (you multiply 0.583 by the chance they DON'T unbind it, not the chance they unbind it). So 0.583*(1-0.417). However, that is not taking into account the chance you roll an 8 (or more), leaving them an even smaller chance to unbind - I could be wrong but I think the actual chance it goes through in the end (not taking into account any +to cast/unbind) is 44.8%. I know I'm being a bit picky about it but if I am correct with this then its worth realizing 44.8% is significantly better than 24.4%. Have not looked at this before so admit I could be wrong and apologies if I am!

4 hours ago, Jymmy said:

Hi folks, I was doing a Tamurkhan Horde list using BattleScribe and Tamurkhan himself features there as costing 460 points, but in the pdf from Forge World it says that the cost is 420. Apparently the General’s handbook 2019 didn’t introduced any changes, so I’m a bit confused about its point cost.  Would be much appreciated if someone could shed a  bit of light into this!

The Maggotman? Yes The Maggotman, who lives on fecund lane! HAH! He is 420 points. Consider using Warscroll Builder. Its a free (mobile friendly) list building tool thats an official GW product. 100% free. Export to pdf, saveable, copy-able.. https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

1 hour ago, Dolio said:

If it is 58.3% success and 41.7% unbind then it would be 34% chance of going through (you multiply 0.583 by the chance they DON'T unbind it, not the chance they unbind it). So 0.583*(1-0.417). However, that is not taking into account the chance you roll an 8 (or more), leaving them an even smaller chance to unbind - I could be wrong but I think the actual chance it goes through in the end (not taking into account any +to cast/unbind) is 44.8%. I know I'm being a bit picky about it but if I am correct with this then its worth realizing 44.8% is significantly better than 24.4%. Have not looked at this before so admit I could be wrong and apologies if I am!

You are 100% correct. I no do maths good. I just find I get it to proc once per game and like 1/3 games there is a viable/juicy target. And since It takes a ROTBRINGER sorc to cast, I wouldnt normally include festus for 140 when I can have the epitome for 200. But it is certainly a viable strategy, just not one Im investing into. 

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

The Maggotman? Yes The Maggotman, who lives on fecund lane! HAH! He is 420 points. Consider using Warscroll Builder. Its a free (mobile friendly) list building tool thats an official GW product. 100% free. Export to pdf, saveable, copy-able.. https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Thank you very much!! Guess I will replace the app, don’t trust this one anymore lol

Planning a visit to Warhammer World next year, so I want to save some money to get my hands on some FW putrid goodies as souvenir!

Edited by Jymmy
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, sal4m4nd3r said:

Nice line-up of models you got there.. It'd be a shame if someone.... helped you with a list :P

Those are some varied armies you have to face! HARDY troops, shooty troops, massed troops! Whats your playstyle? What units would you like to use? Thats a huge list. Noticeably no plaguebearers so either mortal troops or a pestilent throng. 

:) any suggestions or shall I buy a warshrine :)

Anyone else slightly concerned about the precedent that the Drakkfoot rules set? That our Daemons' native ability to shrug wounds, the thing that most likely accounts for their high points value, can now be ignored by other units' abilities.

(And with the Golden Boys due another Battleome, and probably not selling too well these days, you just know they'll get some of that ignore DPR in their armory now (and probably a Gotrek-esque DPR shrug of their own on top).)

Yeah that's going to be a really rough matchup for us. It seems that every time a book comes out, we get weaker and weaker. The GHB changes did nothing to help us either. I think we're going to continue on a pretty steep downward trend until our next battletome comes out, and that's not happening anytime soon. Maybe the mythical "shooting meta" will appear and suddenly plaguebearer with lord of blights lists will be briefly amazing. Honestly I'm feeling pretty demotivated by Nurgle these days :( Hopefully this is just a temporary funk which will pass soon, but in my local meta at least I'm definitely the default punching bag.

4 hours ago, TheVenerableBede said:

Anyone else slightly concerned about the precedent that the Drakkfoot rules set? That our Daemons' native ability to shrug wounds, the thing that most likely accounts for their high points value, can now be ignored by other units' abilities.

(And with the Golden Boys due another Battleome, and probably not selling too well these days, you just know they'll get some of that ignore DPR in their armory now (and probably a Gotrek-esque DPR shrug of their own on top).)

Don't forget about the DPR from Harbinger for our mortals xD

Even worse hehe 

3 hours ago, Zplash said:

Don't forget about the DPR from Harbinger for our mortals xD

Even worse hehe 

Yep, although I guess if you went up against that clan you'd keep the CP in your pocket.

Not looking forward to Cities of Sigmar either, now even the old crappy units will be super strongnl and smash us all over the place.

At least we still have Beastclaw and Gutbusters with us for company down at the bottom - well, for a couple of months anyway.

Think positive! 

A new book will come for nurgle. There are so many and so great models in this faction, they must be stupid as hell if they don't update the book and add maybe some endless spells. Quick and easy changes to fix one of the biggest factions (model wise) 

Until then I'm with you... Maybe tallyband is our best bet in the upcoming meta haha. At least you can't be shot and u don't care who is attacking first because you won't do any dmg either way :D

I'm ready and waiting what will come. Daemon Armee is complete and 90% painted and mortal Armee is my current project. This one is inspired by @sal4m4nd3r let's see if those blightkings really can kill something or if it is just another Def Armee like my daemons :)