AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

9 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Have him in a plaguetouched with Glottkin is powerful. Won 1st place at London GT.  Think the guy had 40+10+10 marauders as battleline- now you can only take 20 min, so it wouldn't work with points (and plaguetouched is 60pts more now) but sure you can jostle around and fit it all in!

Could work still. Get rid of 2 squads of the marauders, replace them with small squads of Chaos Warriors instead, and get rid of the Sorcerer Lord.

So the list can go something like:

Archaon

Glottkin

Lord of Blights

Harbinger of Decay

40 Marauders

5 Chaos Warriors

5 Chaos Warriors

Plaguetouched Warband

Missing one unit so.... maybe Chaos Spawn.

Kings are the best kit, I have 30 of them too, with spare bits from maggoth lords and pusgoyles u have quite infinite models compositions

Kings are also really solid, a unit of 5 can tank heroes and kill them and, the most important thing, they can easily charge and attack with all the models 

Also 8 bravery with +1 banner free to have (no malus for +1 run/bravery) 

They take many good buffs from heroes : rerolli g 1 hits with lord of pkague/affliction, all mortals buffs (warshrine wound reroll and extra save)

Blight cyst battalion is really low as cost for the benefits :-1 rend and they ignore cover

And the most important thing :

They are freaking bad assets on the tabletop

Edited by calcysimon

they are great in units of 5, but i guess it just depends on your list.

I'm taking a block of 20 Sunday. I have a lord of blights to give them a ranged attack, a lord of afflictions to give them reroll 1s, and a couple of wizards for blades of putrification.  I'll let you know how it goes=P

My full list is:
Glottkin (general), LoB, LoA(muttergrub), Festus.  
20 Blightkings, 30 Plaguebearers, 20 Marauders, 10 Marauders (RIP)

With a grand total of 2 AoS games under my belt I'm going to try..

GUO

Poxbringer

LoA

30 Plaguebearers

20 Plaugebearers

5 Blightkings

3 drones

3 drones

3 drones

Needless to say, I have a bunch of drones and I love em'. Figure the LoA can keep up with them as "King" Drone and give locus to everyone. Bks are in there to try them out

On 6/21/2018 at 2:50 PM, sorokyl said:

So, do you guys think that Marauders still have a place in Nurgle lists?  Pre 2-0, a unit of 10 was great for filling holes in total points, battleline requirements, or just objective holders.  Now that the minimum is 20, do you take 10 plaguebearers instead? 10 chaos warriors? 

A block of 40 still has a nice discount right? (200 points) Seems pretty good with the glottkin or harbringer command ability, though not much other synergy.

Kind of bummed since I just bought some to use situationally in groups of 10/20.  I have 30 total currently. I'd have to keep an eye out for random ebay lots to get another 10 without buying a box. 

It'll depend specifically on how understrength regiments specifically work in this new edition. Plaguetouched warbands bouncing mortal wounds back at enemies is a REALLY strong ability (especially with some combos you can pull off) but the wording of understrength regiments can be a bit confusing if you take all the various rules for building a unit.

Reading through the command abilities you guys get, the glottkin's reads like you can't make it fire off multiple times to stack it (but maybe you can), but the GUO it reads like you could fire it off four times and add 4 attacks per weapon to, say, bloat drones. Since AoS 2.0 doesn't seem to have a limit for stacking the same command ability over and over.

19 hours ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

Ah yeah i remember that doing the rounds a few weeks ago. Powerful list no doubt but I wouldn't field an army of marauders if I had a gun to my head. Those models are simply awful. I couldn't bring myself to paint ten of them let alone sixty!

Slightly off topic but people seem fairly confident that the Everchosen batallions are remaining the same beyond a points increase. Has anyone actually clapped eyes on the new text yet or is just assumptions at this point?

Matt converted pox walkers (the 40k nurgle zombies) into marauders. It looks pretty neat.

15 hours ago, LLC said:

I'm confused what 2k Nurgle armies should be looking like now.

Can people post their 2k lists? 

Hoping for some mixed daemons and mortals lists

Here’s my 2k list on current points (though if the rumours are true, Nurgle points have seen very little change) and it has benefitted well from the new command abilities rules as I’ll have access to a whopping 4 command abilities and an extra command point from the battalion! Command abilities are way more reliable than spells, which have taken a hit, and may be the way forward with Nurgle.

I’m using 2 units of 10 Blight Kings and one of five but 10 really does make them immovable and easier to buff more Blightkings for your money with Morbid vigour, Witherstave, Wanton Slaughter etc. as well as the Munificent Bounty shooting attack.

Aiming to summon 1 extra tree and a Beast of Nurgle to be a bodyguard for the Harbinger and benefit from his Daemon Locus. 

The Glottkin - Plague Squall

Lord of Blights

Lord of Plagues - Rust Blade

Harbinger of Decay - General, Pestilent Breath, Witherstave, 

10 Blightkings

10 Blightkings

5 Blightkings

1 Gorebeast Chariot

Blight Cyst Battalion 

1980 pts 

• Like 1

Allegiance: Nurgle
The Glottkin (420)
Festus The Leechlord (140)
Lord of Plagues (140)
- Artefact: Rustfang 
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount(140)
- General
- Trait: Hideous Visage 
- Artefact: The Carrion Dirge 
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
Sayl The Faithless (120)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
- Halberd & Shield
15 x Chaos Warriors (270)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Mark of Chaos: None
Plaguetouched Warband (100)

Total: 1920 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 139

Regarding my previous comment. I'm only going to be cashing in on the multiples of 7 thing with the two blocks of warriors. But I still think it has some legs. Pending any change to Sayls points this will come in with 20pts to spare with the new Plaguetouched points increase.

6 hours ago, Oldmanlee said:

Hi guys just a quick question 

Can you make plague monks battle line for a maggotkin army?

While you can’t make monks battleline for Maggotkin proper there is no reason at all you can’t just run “Nurgle” where they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkfine said:

Okay, app might be wrong but they do have the “Nurgle” keyword so stands to reason in a “Nurgle” army they would be, and currently are according to the app.

Having the Nurgle keyword doesn't make them battleline.  Toads aren't battleline, drones aren't battleline and they have the keyword.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Percivael said:

Here’s my 2k list on current points

I like the look of this, however have you thought about Skarr Bloodwrath as an allied model (nurgled up of course) - He can come back to life on a 4+ if anything dies and he has a pretty beefy anti horde ability.

I'd consider dropping the chariot for Skarr and if it's still 1960 in 2.0 then you could pop in the cogs endless spell for move shenanigans

Edited by Lardidar
I'm a baffoon
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sorokyl said:

they are great in units of 5, but i guess it just depends on your list.

I'm taking a block of 20 Sunday. I have a lord of blights to give them a ranged attack, a lord of afflictions to give them reroll 1s, and a couple of wizards for blades of putrification.  I'll let you know how it goes=P

My full list is:
Glottkin (general), LoB, LoA(muttergrub), Festus.  
20 Blightkings, 30 Plaguebearers, 20 Marauders, 10 Marauders (RIP)

Great ? just tell us how it goes?

I am thinking about too but in a list with gutrot, using command to reroll first charge, lord of affly with +2 run charge trait and a chaos lord sorcerer, all into a blight cyst 

Lord of blight

Affliction with rustfang and run trait

Sorcerer with muttergrub and plague squall

20xkings

5 kings

5 kings 

3 nurglings

Just placing 20 kings in a good spot on first turn without charging its an option, out of range of shooters on a side, if still 20 on second turn buffing them with blight hit debuff and summoning a tree with gutrot ot affliction lord to let the go in with the best run+charge they can ?

Edited by calcysimon

3 hours ago, Injuryprone said:

Having the Nurgle keyword doesn't make them battleline.  Toads aren't battleline, drones aren't battleline and they have the keyword.

App says toads are battleline, is that also wrong then?

Of course drones aren’t battleline, they aren’t for anyone.

Edited by Darkfine

1 hour ago, Darkfine said:

App says toads are battleline, is that also wrong then?

Of course drones aren’t battleline, they aren’t for anyone.

Both azyr and the warscroll builder are both wrong about a lot of things. If you want a serious list you can not trust them.   You must use the GHB (or battletome, etc if published after).   In the GHB, there is only one nurgle faction. Not 3 like azyr. And for plague monks, it clearly says they are only battline for pestilens

• Like 1