AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

If you get in the groove it really is the pacifists choice of army, the huge soft-in-the-head kid in the playground who cant really be bullied and never retaliates.

Like Hodor maybe.

Grandfather HODOR

11 minutes ago, Zplash said:

Aaaaannnd you don't care about the activation war :D

I think they have a place in the current meta, if not to just completely mess up the 5-0 aspirations of FEC and similar metas. There's something beautiful about the image of a Terrorgheist crashing into 30 Plaguebearers and flapping harmlessly at them for 5 turns

Edited by Ratcliff

Hi Everyone,

Just finishing off my first 2 projects with FEC and Nighthaunts and was wanting to start my next project in the coming months (yup I am not that loyal to any Grand alliance!). I really want to base the army around Archaon and have Nurgle included. 

Would the below list be the right way to go about this or would there be a better way of doing so. Ignore the artefacts as I was totally guessing. 

The army does not need to be min-maxed but I would like it to be synergistic as this usually allows for more 'tricksy' plays. 

Any ideas appreciated though talk to me like 5 year old remember I play with ghouls and chompy dragons usually 😂

Spoiler

+ Leader +

Archaon [660pts]: General

Harbinger of Decay [160pts]: 3. Rustfang

Kayzk the Befouled [120pts]

+ Battleline +

Chaos Marauders [120pts]: 20 Chaos Marauders, Barbarian Axes, Darkwood Shields, Drummer, Nurgle
. Icon Bearer: Damned Icon

Chaos Marauders [120pts]: 20 Chaos Marauders, Barbarian Flails, Darkwood Shields, Drummer, Nurgle
. Icon Bearer: Damned Icon

+ Battalion +

Battalion: Blight Cyst [820pts]: Blight Cyst
. Lord of Blights: 1. The Splithorn Helm
. Putrid Blightkings: 5 Putrid Blightknigs

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Nurgle

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

1 hour ago, Ratcliff said:

I think they have a place in the current meta, if not to just completely mess up the 5-0 aspirations of FEC and similar metas. There's something beautiful about the image of a Terrorgheist crashing into 30 Plaguebearers and flapping harmlessly at them for 5 turns

I quite like some BKs with gutrot to mess with enemy deployments, get a few bonus contagion points early and generally be tough or threatening (if there's no -1 to hit facing you). Monks are probably stronger but what about:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (220)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 135

Throw in a malevalent maelstrom or some other cheap endless spell

18 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I quite like some BKs with gutrot to mess with enemy deployments, get a few bonus contagion points early and generally be tough or threatening (if there's no -1 to hit facing you). Monks are probably stronger but what about:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Battalions

I like that, Gutrot and BKs are only one additional drop too. The only thing I would miss is a Spellportal, it's very handy for tickling an enemy unit with Favoured Poxes or Glorious Afflictions first turn. But that BK unit is 40 wounds, would really give your opponent something to chew on

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ratcliff said:

I like that, Gutrot and BKs are only one additional drop too. The only thing I would miss is a Spellportal, it's very handy for tickling an enemy unit with Favoured Poxes or Glorious Afflictions first turn. But that BK unit is 40 wounds, would really give your opponent something to chew on

You could do this:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Units
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (80)

Battalions

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 122

Which is interesting (Beasts in general actually given your plan with this - a slobbery interference) but demotes the blightkings to a nuisance more than any kind of threat.

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turragor said:

You could do this:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Units
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (80)

Battalions

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 122

Which is interesting (Beasts in general actually given your plan with this - a slobbery interference) but demotes the blightkings to a nuisance more than any kind of threat.

I like beasts, they are an interesting type of threat and can really mess up an opponents plans. I think if I was to run BKs I'd just bite the bullet and drop the portal, but it would be a big miss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Battalions

Here's my daemon prince list. Warscroll builder has it at 1960 for some reason, but it should be 2000. Really think a mobile summoner could be a great addition, that Daemon prince potentially has a 21" move before running

Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Lord of Blights (140)
Daemon Prince of Nurgle (160)
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (80)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (220)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ratcliff said:

Here's my daemon prince list. Warscroll builder has it at 1960 for some reason, but it should be 2000. Really think a mobile summoner could be a great addition, that Daemon prince potentially has a 21" move before running

Mortal Realm: Aqshy

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Lord of Blights (140)
Daemon Prince of Nurgle (160)
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak 

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (80)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (220)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 108

You need 2nd batalion to take 3rd artefact, in addition now we can "buy" only 1 command piont for 50 point

Hi all,

did anyone read the story on warhammer-community on Friday?  Firstly, it was nice to see that GW haven't forgotten completely that Nurgle exists, but secondly do you think we might be able to take that narrative as possibly a sign that some nice things might be on our way?  For one, this object of power that was in the Stormvault is now under Nurgle's control - could be a way to give us some endless spells maybe?  Also, Horticulus says, "The next great sowing is a-coming, mortal. Ye should feel honoured to be playin’ your part in the cycle.".  Could it be that after waning since AoS 2 / GHB 18, Nurgle's power is going to wax again sometime soon ...

13 minutes ago, TheVenerableBede said:

Hi all,

did anyone read the story on warhammer-community on Friday?  Firstly, it was nice to see that GW haven't forgotten completely that Nurgle exists, but secondly do you think we might be able to take that narrative as possibly a sign that some nice things might be on our way?  For one, this object of power that was in the Stormvault is now under Nurgle's control - could be a way to give us some endless spells maybe?  Also, Horticulus says, "The next great sowing is a-coming, mortal. Ye should feel honoured to be playin’ your part in the cycle.".  Could it be that after waning since AoS 2 / GHB 18, Nurgle's power is going to wax again sometime soon ...

To be honest, I don't even care about the points. I just want new models - especially a "Black Oak" corrupted treeman... (Which I'm in the process of planning a conversion/scratchbuild for). 

• LOVE IT! 1

Hi all, I posted in a previous forum and someone suggested to me that I should post in here. I have been playing for a short while (a few weeks really) and find that the list I have been using, Thricefold, isn’t for me. I want to try something more ‘fighty and hitty’ but not too sure where or what to do. Any help or advise would be great. I can get my hands on Plague Drones, Blightkings and a few other Nurgly bits. Thanks

1 hour ago, GuitaRasmus said:

To be honest, I don't even care about the points. I just want new models - especially a "Black Oak" corrupted treeman... (Which I'm in the process of planning a conversion/scratchbuild for). 

Yessss!

Ive thought the same! Imagine a bigger feculent gnarlmaw that would cost points but is improved:

1d6 contagion points

2+ 1d3 mw to near non-nurgle units

+1 to charge

44 minutes ago, peasant said:

Yessss!

Ive thought the same! Imagine a bigger feculent gnarlmaw that would cost points but is improved:

1d6 contagion points

2+ 1d3 mw to near non-nurgle units

+1 to charge

Actually I was thinking more like a unit type model - thinking of using the Ghorgon as an ally for it. 

3 hours ago, Garth1 said:

Hi all, I posted in a previous forum and someone suggested to me that I should post in here. I have been playing for a short while (a few weeks really) and find that the list I have been using, Thricefold, isn’t for me. I want to try something more ‘fighty and hitty’ but not too sure where or what to do. Any help or advise would be great. I can get my hands on Plague Drones, Blightkings and a few other Nurgly bits. Thanks

Leaders
The Glottkin (420)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Lord of Blights (140)
- Artefact: Rustfang 
Gutrot Spume (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
40 x Chaos Marauders (200)
- Axes & Shields

Battalions
Blight Cyst (200)

Total: 1740 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 139

This is the list I run, the last 260 points are pretty versatile depending on what you need for your army. It's pretty fighty and very versatile, although you could end up playing defensively some battles.

10 hours ago, GuitaRasmus said:

Actually I was thinking more like a unit type model - thinking of using the Ghorgon as an ally for it. 

I was thinking of endless spells (Battletome too much to hope for) - if they could release some Nurgle endless spells, they could really help our army as a stopgap measure if they did some of the following:

• they provided a new way to generate contagion points
  • they did some hefty MW output and/or debuffs
  • they provided us a +1 to hit bubble, thus making BKs and Blades do their thing on 5+, or 6+ even with the legendary "-1 to hit Meta(TM)"

This is possibly a bit off topic but figured that this group chat is my best hope at sourcing some bitz for a build project, as the rest of the Internet has been unable to help. 

I'm looking for the corpse from the Pusgoyle Blightlords kit (see pic). It's for a Bonegrinder Gargant conversion I'm doing. I've searched various bitz sites, eBay, put various requests on FB, but had no luck. So does anyone have this part spare, or is it one of those bitz that is essential for building the model, so that I'll never find a spare one and am better off buying the box, getting the part I need and then flogging the rest of unwanted models? I'm UK based, but might be open to overseas shipping. 

Screenshot_20190713_135706_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by Tropical Ghost General

15 hours ago, TheVenerableBede said:

Hi all,

I would be surprised to see Nurgle get anything any time soon tbh, he already has a pretty expansive range and 2.0 battletome, but you never know

1 hour ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

This is possibly a bit off topic but figured that this group chat is my best hope at sourcing some bitz for a build project, as the rest of the Internet has been unable to help. 

I'm looking for the corpse from the Pusgoyle Blightlords kit (see pic). It's for a Bonegrinder Gargant conversion I'm doing. I've searched various bitz sites, eBay, put various requests on FB, but had no luck. So does anyone have this part spare, or is it one of those bitz that is essential for building the model, so that I'll never find a spare one and am better off buying the box, getting the part I need and then flogging the rest of unwanted models? I'm UK based, but might be open to overseas shipping. 

Screenshot_20190713_135706_com.facebook.katana.jpg

I have two that I’m not using, but I’m based in Denmark and I’m not sure if shipping would be too expensive?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GuitaRasmus said:

have two that I’m not using, but I’m based in Denmark and I’m not sure if shipping would be too expensive?

Tbh I'm looking at having to spend £40 just to get the part at the moment, so overseas shipping is probably going to be cheaper than that 😂. I'll dm you in a bit to arrange details. 

Ahoy!

Been away from the grandfather for a while, now looking for help making a 2k list, really having trouble getting everything I want in...

I feel like I want a GUO and a big block of Plaguebearers to hold the line, I want the Glottkin and a Harbinger to buff up stuff, I want some blightkings and Gutrott to pop up backfield , and I want plague monks to buff up and murder things!

I’ve tried building lists and find that I always have to compromise on something... So my question would be if I have to lose out on something, what gets cut? OR can someone show me a list where I get what I want?