AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

my list for a tournament this sunday, 1500 points:

general: GUO with bell and dagger; grandfathers blessing; witherstave.

harbinger of decay

epidemius

30 plaguebearers

3x5 putrid blightkings

this army is based in been very resilient, witherstave + harbinger. Resist for a couple of turns in objectives as the tally of epidemius and contagion points grow, so in the 3rd turn could turn the tides!

what do you think? Epidemius hides in the plaguebearers unit and under the witherstave umbrella, should be safe. In the other side the blightkings are protected by the harbinger command ability and being MSU avoid those crippling -1 to hit. By the 3rd turn is not unreasonably to have 21 contagion points to summon 20 plaguebearers or 3 plague drones.

C&C are welcome

PD another list I'm thinking is:

harbinger of decay

horticulus 

20 plaguebearers

3x5 putrid blightkings

11 hours ago, peasant said:

my list for a tournament this sunday, 1500 points:

harbinger of decay

epidemius

30 plaguebearers

3x5 putrid blightkings

this army is based in been very resilient, witherstave + harbinger. Resist for a couple of turns in objectives as the tally of epidemius and contagion points grow, so in the 3rd turn could turn the tides!

what do you think? Epidemius hides in the plaguebearers unit and under the witherstave umbrella, should be safe. In the other side the blightkings are protected by the harbinger command ability and being MSU avoid those crippling -1 to hit. By the 3rd turn is not unreasonably to have 21 contagion points to summon 20 plaguebearers or 3 plague drones.

C&C are welcome

PD another list I'm thinking is:

harbinger of decay

horticulus 

20 plaguebearers

3x5 putrid blightkings

I like the first list but perhaps take festus instead of epidemus? 

I've never had good fortune with epidemus, personally. And festus can cast blades, and rebuff enemy armour which really helps the blight kings to shine!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

I like the first list but perhaps take festus instead of epidemus? 

I've never had good fortune with epidemus, personally. And festus can cast blades, and rebuff enemy armour which really helps the blight kings to shine!

Good point, I could take festus + balewind to Cast twice per turn

• Like 1

Help needed, I am after an all round list that I could play both competitively that will be a good "all rounder" I keep tailoring lists to match opponents (as my opponents do to me) But I would rather have a really solid list that I could play time and again with the aim of brining to a tournament at the end of the year.

I have most of the models in the range with the exception of marauders and plague monks. I can't stand the marauderers (the actual models) so I won't be using them. Plague monks I could get if needed, although I would prefer to keep it an all maggotkin (models from the rulebook) list if possible.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appriciated. This is also to give me a target for my painting as well.

LIST 1

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Plaue Flail & Doomsday Bell
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Lord of Blights (140)
- General
- Trait: Hideous Visage 
- Artefact: Rustfang 
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 155

I feel this list is pretty solid, plenty of hard hitting units and an out flank with gutrot. The Lord of blights helping to rebuff the enemy. I've avoided taking the blade on the GUO as I do d with the time I rarely feel I need to use it and as most of my opponents always charge him I'd like to make him a bit harder hitting.

LIST 2

Mortal Realm: Ghyran

LIST 2

Leaders
The Glottkin (420)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Lord of Plagues (140)
Festus the Leechlord (140)
- Lore of Malignance: Rancid Visitations

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
3 x Nurglings (100)

Battalions
Plague Cyst (200)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Wounds: 153

This list is using festus to support the glottkin and do a 9" mortal wound mini nuke (if I can pull it off) whilst also helping heal the big guy and negating enemy units (making up for the lack of rend using this battalion)

the nurgling are to either engage enemy war machine on the back line and net extra contagion points or act as a speed bump to help control the board.

2 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

Help needed, I am after an all round list that I could play both competitively that will be a good "all rounder" I keep tailoring lists to match opponents (as my opponents do to me) But I would rather have a really solid list that I could play time and again with the aim of brining to a tournament at the end of the year.

I have most of the models in the range with the exception of marauders and plague monks. I can't stand the marauderers (the actual models) so I won't be using them. Plague monks I could get if needed, although I would prefer to keep it an all maggotkin (models from the rulebook) list if possible.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appriciated. This is also to give me a target for my painting as well.

LIST 1

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Plaue Flail & Doomsday Bell
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Lord of Blights (140)
- General
- Trait: Hideous Visage 
Gutrot Spume (140)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Wounds: 155

I feel this list is pretty solid, plenty of hard hitting units and an out flank with gutrot. The Lord of blights helping to rebuff the enemy. I've avoided taking the blade on the GUO as I do d with the time I rarely feel I need to use it and as most of my opponents always charge him I'd like to make him a bit harder hitting.

LIST 2

LIST 2

Leaders
The Glottkin (420)
Lord of Plagues (140)
- Lore of Malignance: Rancid Visitations

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)

Units
3 x Nurglings (100)

Battalions
Plague Cyst (200)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)

Wounds: 153

This list is using festus to support the glottkin and do a 9" mortal wound mini nuke (if I can pull it off) whilst also helping heal the big guy and negating enemy units (making up for the lack of rend using this battalion)

the nurgling are to either engage enemy war machine on the back line and net extra contagion points or act as a speed bump to help control the board.

No Harbinger of Decay? Every time I'm building a blightking based army he's an auto include for that resilience buff.

Having said that, I'm massively hero heavy. Running lord of blights, GUO, Harbinger and Bloab Rotspawned in my 2k...

12 minutes ago, riddlesworth said:

No Harbinger of Decay? Every time I'm building a blightking based army he's an auto include for that resilience buff.

Having said that, I'm massively hero heavy. Running lord of blights, GUO, Harbinger and Bloab Rotspawned in my 2k...

Do you mind sharing your list?

I never considered taking harbinger before (one of the few models I don't own)

Right now I'm building towards this. I love the Bloab Rotspawned and Pusgoyle Blightlords models, so it's not going to be wholly competitive, but should be a giggle. If I could find the points for another Blightlords unit I would, but Blight Cyst is just so good and Bloab is non-negotiable.

Bloab Rotspawned (260)
- Lore of Foulness: Plague Squall
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
Lord of Blights (140)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)
Blight Cyst (220)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 136

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zplash said:

I would Love so much to see bloab and the other 2 guys getting little bit adjusted to make them more competetive. They are such great models and you see them like once in 100 games :(

Oh yes indeed. With Bloab specifically, if he could cast 2 spells, I think he could be worth his points. I wouldn't say no to having the demon keyword because of the maggoth either, as he make a nice shepherd for plague drones then. As it is, I love the model so he goes in

Anyone have luck running a Thricefold with a bunch of Blightkings? I've normally seen it with 2x 30 plaguebearers but I'm going to be gunning for best painted in a tourney and think my Blightkings look better lol. Considering a variation of the following:

Rotigus-340

GUO with Bell and Dagger-Tome of a Thousand Poxes, General-Grandfather's Blessing-340

GUO with Sword and Flail-Gyrstrike-340

Harbinger of Decay-160

10 Blightkings -320

5 Blightkings -160

5 Blightkings -160

Thricefold Befoulment - 120

Umbral Spellportals -60

2000 total

I could drop the Harbinger and bring in 5 more Blightkings, running them all in 5 man groups. The 10man group is to make it easier to keep them in range of the Harbinger's ability. I'm alittle concerned about not having enough command points since I'll be wanting to use Grandfather's Joy on Rotigus and/or the Sword GUO too.

7 hours ago, ReAnimate Studios said:

I've only just noticed that the harbinger has the 'daemon' key word. Is this a miss print? I've never noticed this before 😭

It's not a misprint and it lets him carry the Witherstave, which is a great artifact.

Edited by Centurio

Hey, been trying to find an answer to this, I run nurgle with some pestilens, can I take gnawholes? Or do I need to take "skaven tide" to bring them?

my plan was to use them to quickly zip across the board to rack up contagion points asap

Thanks in advance

Hello I could use some help with a list I've been toying with for a slow grow league we are going at my LGS

Leaders
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Avalanche of Rotten Flesh 

Battleline
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Total: 580 / 600
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 43

I have a good deal of old slaves to darkness and some plague monks and nurgle demons all on square bases so really my big question is whats the best list i can make to fit in my points level?

On 3/1/2019 at 12:47 PM, Berriman said:

Hey, been trying to find an answer to this, I run nurgle with some pestilens, can I take gnawholes? Or do I need to take "skaven tide" to bring them?

my plan was to use them to quickly zip across the board to rack up contagion points asap

Thanks in advance

You have to be Skaventide to use Skaventide terrain. Much like Beasts of Chaos.

I've been trying to figure out a list for a tournament in May. Would/could something like this be any good?

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Lore of Virulence: Sumptuous Pestilence
Lord of Blights (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (240)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Wounds: 140

Hey there, I'm trying to make a magic using Maggotkin army that I could convert over to a Death Guard army of similar size for 40k. Obviously I'd be replacing any AoS units with Plague Marines and such.

Leaders
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General
- Trait: Living Plague 
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions

Battleline
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 85

I have no idea if this is even a decent list, but I wanted to through together something. I do have limited knowledge but I didn't learn a lot about KO until I started throwing army lists at the wall so I hope I can get some advice. Thanks in advance!

On 3/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, Turbo_Otter said:

I've been trying to figure out a list for a tournament in May. Would/could something like this be any good?

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Lore of Virulence: Sumptuous Pestilence
Lord of Blights (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (240)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Battalions
Blight Cyst (220)

Wounds: 140

I dont see 20 plagueBearers, Split in 2x10, or better get rid of 10 And take a sorcerer with Blades of putrefaction, on The flies is overkill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1