AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hey guys, what do you think of the following list? 

The Glottkin: Blades of Putrefaction

Verminlord Corruptor: General, Tome of a Thousand Poxes, Hulking Physique, Favoured Poxes

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Chaos Mauraders x20

2x Chaos Warriors x5

2x Plague Monks x40 

Plague Monks x10

Chaos Gorebeast Chariots x3

+1 CP 

(quick question: does the CSL get to take a nurgle spell? It doesn't show up in Azyr, so does he pick after being assigned the Nurgle keyword during deployment?)

This list just tries to hit the enemy in the face with Plague Monks.  On the first turn when they can charge, Glottkin and VC use CPs to give extra attacks to the monks, which take foetid blades and woe-staves. The Glottking's +1A brings their attacks on the charge to 4 for the foetid blades and 2 for the woe-staves, and the unit targeted by the VC's command ability adds another +1A, bringing the total to 5 and 3, respectively. The unit would have 200 attacks with foetid blades and 120 attacks with woe-staves. If Blades of Putrefaction was cast on the unit, it would deal 53 mortal wounds on average, before normal damage. 

I think I would try to cast Blades first and then determine if I wanted to put any more buffs on that unit, depending on how the enemy were deployed. If I could engage multiple units, I'd then layer on the CSL's spell for the rerolls of 1 on hits and wounds, then add Glottkin's fleshy abundance to give them extra wounds. If the enemy were more spread, I'd likely split the buffs to avoid overkill. 

The chariots I just added for durability and to go stick on an objective. After that there were enough points for another unit of 10 monks. Is there a better option with that part of the list?

Thanks.

@Twh30 Looking at your list, it looks a little all over the place. MAybe you can let us know how you plan to use it? For example, you have a A GUO, but no demons to buff. You could consider exchanging the GUO for the glottkin (and maybe drop some chaos wariors), whose command can buff the maurauders. I see you have the gutrot+blightkings to infiltrate and try to take out backfield targets. But then what are the nurglings for?  And the chaos knights seem to be lacking a role as well. But maybe I'm missing something.

42 minutes ago, Frowny said:

@Twh30 Looking at your list, it looks a little all over the place. MAybe you can let us know how you plan to use it? For example, you have a A GUO, but no demons to buff. You could consider exchanging the GUO for the glottkin (and maybe drop some chaos wariors), whose command can buff the maurauders. I see you have the gutrot+blightkings to infiltrate and try to take out backfield targets. But then what are the nurglings for?  And the chaos knights seem to be lacking a role as well. But maybe I'm missing something.

Hi this is more of the list I’m thinking now as has more synergies and less random units 

9C5B9B35-B340-4617-894F-A899E2A509A3.png

856F7B10-9D53-4A51-97FA-6806130D64B3.png

5 hours ago, Hitch said:

(quick question: does the CSL get to take a nurgle spell? It doesn't show up in Azyr, so does he pick after being assigned the Nurgle keyword during deployment?)

Yes he does, when you deploy him you pick his mark and spell, in practice you do this during list building realistically

How good is thricefold befoulment? I came up with this list. Thoughts? The idea is to hold objectives while the Great unclean ones hit the enemy with 3d3 mortal wounds from the start of the game with umbral spellportal.

Heroes:
GUO (Bell, Knife) (340)
- General - Grandfathers Blessing - The Endless Gift -Glorious Afflictions -

GUO (Sword, Flail) (340)

- The Witherstave - Favoured Poxes -

Rotigus (340)

- Sumptuous Pestilence -

Units:

30 Plaguebearers (320)

30 Plaguebearers (320)

Putrid Blightkings (160)

Battalions:

Thricefold Befoulment (120)

Endless Spells

Umbral Spellportal (60)

2k - 128 wounds .

Edited by Congratz

3 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

I'd say it's great in many instances, but against any army with bonuses to dispell it's far far too expensive for what you're getting. 

I think you cant plan with the 3D3 dmg spell either way. But you have to use the reroll 1s mechanic within the battalion and make the best out of the cheap 2nd artefact. 

The most backswing with thricefold is in my opinion the unflexibility with keeping 3 slow moving GUOs close togheter... 

20 hours ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Hi all, returning to Nurgle, what is in the meta currently regarding Nurgle?

I've been running blightcyst with moderate success after PTWB was nuked from orbit. Came in 3rd at NOVA and runner up in competitive local RTTs. Regularly win friendly matches against competitive and smart players. 

glotkin, gutrot, lord of blights, harbinger of decay, 20 marauders, 5 kings, 5 kings, 10 kings, warshrine, blight cyst.

I'm actually thinking of keeping the warshrine undivided. Rather then RR all wounds, I like the idea of giving a unit of kings rr1s to hit and wound. The downside is he cannot be protected by the harbingers 5++ bubble, benefit from glotkins command ability or be affected by any nurgle specific trait or cycle of corruption. But I think its worth it.  hitting/wounding on 3s  RR1s is REALLY good. All I sacrifice is a bit of survivability on the warshrine itself.  The 6++ bubble is projects only specifies MORTAL unit. Doesnt have the match the god specific keyword so only the warshrine itself suffers and only marginally. 

Thoughts?

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I've been running blightcyst with moderate success after PTWB was nuked from orbit. Came in 3rd at NOVA and runner up in competitive local RTTs. Regularly win friendly matches against competitive and smart players. 

glotkin, gutrot, lord of blights, harbinger of decay, 20 marauders, 5 kings, 5 kings, 10 kings, warshrine, blight cyst.

I'm actually thinking of keeping the warshrine undivided. Rather then RR all wounds, I like the idea of giving a unit of kings rr1s to hit and wound. The downside is he cannot be protected by the harbingers 5++ bubble, benefit from glotkins command ability or be affected by any nurgle specific trait or cycle of corruption. But I think its worth it.  hitting/wounding on 3s  RR1s is REALLY good. All I sacrifice is a bit of survivability on the warshrine itself.  The 6++ bubble is projects only specifies MORTAL unit. Doesnt have the match the god specific keyword so only the warshrine itself suffers and only marginally. 

Thoughts?

Only 1 unbind and only 2 cast attempts but with nagash in meta the magic game is lost anyway :D. You dont have issues with your mobility?without Bell it looks pretty slow. What are your experience about -hit debuffs? Looks like it will be always up on the 10 bks squads?

Of course all in all pretty durable and winning grinding games i bet. 

About the shrine i fear that it will be the target for every mortal dmg if you dont have it within harbi 5+ save.

On the other hand it maybe frees up harbi as focus target no1 or at least your enemy has to think about the focus :D

I like your list. Its near the Standard blight cyst build. I know you need the marauders as model count and they are perfect for buffs from glott and harbi. Still i just hate the models :(

Hi all need a fast reply please.

so Im facing off against 4000pt of fyreslayers. For the first time I will ally with a pestilens buddy of mine so we bring 2000 pt maggotkin and 2000pt clan Pestilens. 

Question is. If we take a maggotkin army (key: Nurgle) are we allowed to bring battalions from clan pestilens since we all have nurgle alligiance abillity?

On 1/2/2019 at 4:11 AM, Hitch said:

Verminlord Corruptor: General, Tome of a Thousand Poxes, Hulking Physique, Favoured Poxes

The Tome for Favoured Poxes seems like a bit of a waste. Have you thought about the Sword of Judgement for him?

And in general, I'd add something to the list to take the heat off the PM. Atm, the monks are the only thing the opponent can really focus on (apart from the two big guys). I'd try and give them something else to worry about, so the monks can do their work.

Hi! i’m new in this forum. Sorry for my english.

in the end of January i’ m going to play my first 1000pt tournment of aos with my nurgle armi. I have some idea about a list. Can you help me to create something competitive? 

1) gutrot spume

Festus the leechlord
-gift of contagion
-favoured poxes 

Harbinger of decay
-general
-resilient
-sublucus stenchplate

5x Blightkings
5x Blightkings
40x chaos Marauders 

2) The glottkin
-general
-gift of contagio 
-magnificent buboes

Lord of plague 
-sublucus stenchplate

5x Blightkings 
10x plague monks 
40x chaos Marauders 

What you think about that list?

Hi guys, I've just gotten my last GUO to finally play the Thricefold Befoulment battalion. Right now I have a support GUO w/ Bell and Bileblade and Rotigus. So for my second GUO should I just make the melee one with the sword and flail? Or is there any reason you would want 2 support GUOs. Perhaps the sword but still the blade for casting?

On 1/5/2019 at 1:31 PM, Oldshrimpeyes said:

How on earth do you beat legions of Nagash as Nurgle? Beyond hoping the opponent lazily bubble wraps their general and you can squeeze a drone strike in, what else should you be doing? I'm completely out of ideas.

Blightcyst. Will delete skeletons quickly and not so easy to get rid off. And even deleting Nagash. The only problem is any -1 to hit spell