AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, Injuryprone said:

I am not seeing anything in that faq that explains anything.  Also worth noting it is ultimately up to your opponent/TO.  

Locally everyone builds out of the app.

Edited by Darkfine

15 hours ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

I realise this is entirely subjective but is Plaguetouched still worth it if you don't commit to the whole 'multiples of 7" thing? 

Think of it this way.. would you spend 20 points per UNIT for a -1 to hit debuff? Lol I would. Especially when those units can be any mortal Nurgle units you want.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darkfine said:

I am not seeing anything in that faq that explains anything.  Also worth noting it is ultimately up to your opponent/TO.  

If you’re playing open play/agreeing what to take with your opponent then you can of course take whatever units you want. But if you use the term battleline then that is matched play and the only unconditional battleline units available to an all Nurgle allegiance is Plaguebearers and Blightkings.

Whilst Toads would be an amazing choice for Nurgle battleline , they are only battleline for Tamurkhan’s horde. Unfortunately the app sometimes does not make distinctions for such conditional battleline units.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Think of it this way.. would you spend 20 points per UNIT for a -1 to hit debuff? Lol I would. Especially when those units can be any mortal Nurgle units you want.

I agree. To hit debuff, a command point and an extra artefact makes it points well spent, even without the multiples of 7 rule. 

11 hours ago, Darkfine said:

image.png.8232512c8e2b9864a9e0fe5973d04a97.png

Forgeworld's rules are kind of a hot mess, this page doesn't even have the proper points for the toads (Which went up the same points as plaguebearers) and I can't even find the document for it now since they seem to be altering the documents on the site for the new AOS.

Hi guys,

reading this for forum for a while now and love the spirit here.

In my "home-crew" I´m the Nurgle-player and proud to be!
Now we are all tuning our lists with the new 2ns edition rules and changes etc.
This leads me to my question:
With the plagueclaw down to 160 points I´m really thinking about including one into my 2k list against hordes and little bit hero focus.
I only wonder about the new shooting rule in 2nd edition: if units are in combat they have to shoot at the unit with which they are in combat...
So if my enemy manages to get a unit into combat with my plagueclaw it can´t shoot anymore due to range rules: 6"-31" ?
Am I right on this?

32 minutes ago, Zplash said:

Hi guys,

reading this for forum for a while now and love the spirit here.

In my "home-crew" I´m the Nurgle-player and proud to be!
Now we are all tuning our lists with the new 2ns edition rules and changes etc.
This leads me to my question:
With the plagueclaw down to 160 points I´m really thinking about including one into my 2k list against hordes and little bit hero focus.
I only wonder about the new shooting rule in 2nd edition: if units are in combat they have to shoot at the unit with which they are in combat...
So if my enemy manages to get a unit into combat with my plagueclaw it can´t shoot anymore due to range rules: 6"-31" ?
Am I right on this?

Yeah, I think you’re right, the catapult could only shoot enemy models within 3’’ so it seems like a no. 

9 minutes ago, Domowoj said:

I think the Plagueclaw catapult would be able to shoot at a unit within 3" of it as long as part of the same unit is at least 6" away from it.

Agreed, but couldnt think of many situations that happens...

hi!

I still.trying fo gather a 1k list, ao I come up a few  options

1 horticulous

1 lord of plagues

4x5 putrid blightkings

or another approach

1 horticulous

1 lord of plagues

2x5 putrid blightkings

3 plague drones

1 Nurgle sorcerer

1 horticulous

2 lord of plagues

3x5 putrid blightkings

This one can net me a handful of CP, but need to summon poxbringers ASAP

which one do you prefer?thx

Edited by peasant

12 hours ago, Brodylan said:

Has anyone had much experience with either festus or Bloab? Trying to fill out a spot for a rotbringer sorcerer and wanted to know if either are useful

I use Festus all the time. I think he’s worth the 20 extra points over a Sorcerer. I usually camp him by my GUO or Rotigus to give them some extra healing. His unique spell is pretty awesome too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Brodylan said:

Has anyone had much experience with either festus or Bloab? Trying to fill out a spot for a rotbringer sorcerer and wanted to know if either are useful

My issue with bloab is that his daemon flies ability triggers in the hero phase. So its before you move, run and charge. MOST of the time you would have had to take a charge and then be able to use the ability. If this ability was a "start of the combat phase" or "end of the charge phase" or something he would be worth his 260 points for sure. Partly due to his unique spell being probably one of the coolest and potentially damaging spells in the game besides curse of years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two poxbringers and three units of blightkings! - You'd be competitive in every stretch of the range. Lots of wounds, great saves, plenty of spells and unbinds, extreme wound output. and much, much more. That would be 720 points, so you even have enough left over to grab an endless spell for your poxbringers if you like - I recommend Soulsnare Shackles so you can herd your opponent towards where you need him to be!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Avvien said:

Two poxbringers and three units of blightkings! - You'd be competitive in every stretch of the range. Lots of wounds, great saves, plenty of spells and unbinds, extreme wound output. and much, much more. That would be 720 points, so you even have enough left over to grab an endless spell for your poxbringers if you like - I recommend Soulsnare Shackles so you can herd your opponent towards where you need him to be!

great! I find very interesting that pox duo, would you change one of them for a sorcerer or festus? what do you think about horticulous?

I find horticulous to be overcosted - And high costs become more jarring than usual in low-cost lists like 750, 1k, or 1250.

If I were to change one of them, I'd exchange a poxbringer for a Lord of Blights. That would net you a nice command ability to screen your kings from ranged attacks, as well as grant them a ranged attack with which to retalitate! - I would still be sure to keep my Poxbringer as the artifact-holder however, as The Witherstave is one of the best artefacts of power in the game imo.

Bringing a lord of blights over one of the poxbringers would make the list 740. You'd be missing one spell-cast and one unbind per turn - and gain a ranged attack and a counter-ranged attack command ability. No room for any endless spells.

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2018 at 5:35 PM, Dew said:

Haven't had a chance to use my magnetized GUO in AoS yet, is the bell and blade everyone's go-to configuration right now?

I was thinking of magnetizing mine too. I have not magnetized before but like I can understand how it's easily done on like... Knight arms. The guo seems like a different beast though, do you make holes and glue tiny ones to the plastic, or do you like glue a big one to the side inside the arm? Pics please if possible! Thanks.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:04 PM, grungolah said:

There's the confusing wording about shooting a unit within 3" of another friendly unit.   I am hoping that language is FAQd

In 40k, there are rules about shooting an enemy not within 3" of the shooting unit if  another friendly unit is within 3" of that unit.  This is a clarification that sigmar doesn't have that limitation. There is no penalty.