Jump to content

AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion


Gaz Taylor
 Share

Recommended Posts

I will be playing against SBGL with this list on friday:

Subfaction Drowned Men  
Mortal Realm Ghur  
Grand Strategy Hold the Line  
Triumph Inspired  
     
Leaders Lord of Affliction** 210
  Gutrot Spume** 170
  Morbidex Twiceborn** 320
     
Battleline Pusgoyle Blightlords* 220
  Putrid Blightkings x2* 500
  Putrid Blightkings** 250
     
Units Pusgoyle Blightlords x1** 110
  Nurglings x2** 210
     
Ballations Hunters*  
  Battle Regiment  
Points   1990
Drops   3
Wounds   135

 

It is very flexible in seting up the army. You can pregame move the drones or play a nearly total null deploy. Everything is flexible and can react to the enemy. Mainplan should be to look the enemy in his deployment zone. This is why i use a 10-man unit of BK. Just for staying power (and to test it out).

 

Oh and btw why don't we get our own subforum like Slaanesh? Seems fitting with new book and all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Archibald said:

I will be playing against SBGL with this list on friday:

Subfaction Drowned Men  
Mortal Realm Ghur  
Grand Strategy Hold the Line  
Triumph Inspired  
     
Leaders Lord of Affliction** 210
  Gutrot Spume** 170
  Morbidex Twiceborn** 320
     
Battleline Pusgoyle Blightlords* 220
  Putrid Blightkings x2* 500
  Putrid Blightkings** 250
     
Units Pusgoyle Blightlords x1** 110
  Nurglings x2** 210
     
Ballations Hunters*  
  Battle Regiment  
Points   1990
Drops   3
Wounds   135

 

It is very flexible in seting up the army. You can pregame move the drones or play a nearly total null deploy. Everything is flexible and can react to the enemy. Mainplan should be to look the enemy in his deployment zone. This is why i use a 10-man unit of BK. Just for staying power (and to test it out).

 

Oh and btw why don't we get our own subforum like Slaanesh? Seems fitting with new book and all.

Is there a reason why you havent put the last unit of Blightkings into Hunters batallion as well? Dont think theres a huge difference between being 3 or 4 drops. Most seem to be 1 or 2 (if 2 monsters usually) or otherwise 5 due to Battle Regi + Warlords.

Personally I dont value Morbidex that much. I think Bloab is the overall superior choice with the utility/spell he brings and otherwise Orgotths raw damage with 10 CPs a game is really good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Archibald said:

Oh and btw why don't we get our own subforum like Slaanesh? Seems fitting with new book and all.

It happen, Maybe a Admin can switch this Discussion in that subforum.

To your List:

Jes i Like it. But i had to Agree to my follower @Kasper i think Bloab would be the very better Choice.

And if u change that u can take 1 more PBlightlords unit instat of the Nuglings. I like the PBLords they are so mobile, very good.

Pls tell us next week how the game was, thanks a lot.

Now to my pocket:

I Play at Sunday 2k against SerraphonGunLine or Teclics+2x20 Sentinels with this List:

Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle
- Subfaction: Drowned Men
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Orghotts Daemonspew (300)*
Bloab Rotspawned (300)
-
Lore of Malignance: Plague Squall
Lord of Afflictions (210)*
-
General
- Command Trait: Overpowering Stench
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of Malignance: Gift of Disease

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)*
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)*
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)*
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)*
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)*

Endless Spells & Invocations
The Burning Head (20)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 123
Drops: 2

The Plan is: I buy Orgoth and want to try Orgoth and Bloab.

2. Making Pressure direct from beginning and than stay Long enough ALife to win the Game.

I will give u a report. Stay healthy !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 8:29 PM, Kurrilino said:

 

I have literally no idea what you are talking about, neither did i ever play 40K or desire to have a broken book.

I am jusy tired of always being on the wrong end of the leverage just by being a chaos player.

At game night at the club, we have literal verbal fights who gets the right to play against chaos.

The release of the StD is still a mood point thinking back.

Super great book in Bonereapers, absolute stinker StD, fantastic book for Lumineth.

 

I really don't care bout tournaments anymore, i just don't want to be in that group, people fight over to baby seal club.

And no, i am not the worst player, i won tournaments in 7th edition with WoC and am able to judge if a book is a lost cause.

The direction we are going, reminds me very strongly of High Elfes in the old world

 

 

 

 

Ha try beeing a destrcution player. Oh well there now is giants i gues. Anny way. Nurgle is not that bad and Tzeentch and Bel'akor are great armies.  Khorne not su much. Slaanesh i gues is oke but still feels bad because of how powerfull it was. But your sort of right death and order is where it is at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2022 at 12:15 AM, Grimrock said:

So before the book released I was really hoping the Glottkin would be good this edition, but looking at the points and stats I'm just not excited about them. They're about as resilient as a mega gargant and hit slightly harder, but they're over 200 points more expensive and half the speed. They're a wizard sure, but the spells are only so so and unlike the gargants they only count as 5 models on an objective so I'd call that a wash. I really want to pick them up and paint them, but at their monetary cost I want something more to justify the purchase than a hobby project. Has anyone had any good experience with them in any games that can get me excited enough to take the plunge? Any wow moments that made you think they were totally worth 700 points?

Yea the basic stats of the glottking are not great. But blightkrieg is an absolute power rule.  It's so insanly powerfull that you can win games of it alone. The amount of control this gives you over the opponent is insane.  Mostly because chargeing is the way most ppl score their tactics. Wanna kill a battleline unit/general charge it. Want to take over an objective charge the unit that is currently holding it.  Blightkrieg stops that outright. When someone want to charge you of a objective just charge them whit that unit instead so they can not move on the objective.  This can cause them to drop a tactic and in a close game that might already be enough to  win. At 700 points i think you need to play well to get enough form the glottkin. But if they ever drop in a faq they will be amezing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kasper said:

Is there a reason why you havent put the last unit of Blightkings into Hunters batallion as well? Dont think theres a huge difference between being 3 or 4 drops. Most seem to be 1 or 2 (if 2 monsters usually) or otherwise 5 due to Battle Regi + Warlords.

Personally I dont value Morbidex that much. I think Bloab is the overall superior choice with the utility/spell he brings and otherwise Orgotths raw damage with 10 CPs a game is really good.

Just wanted o keep it as low as possible. So no deeper meaning i guess. 😅

I chose Morbidex and the 6 nurglings to test them out. Everyone is down on Bloab and Orghotts but he deserves at least a testride. A few days ago i saw a deamon heavy list with him with a focus on summoning. I tried a modified version of it, but totally screwed upv my deployment (gave first turn to sylvaneth, and it was game...). So after setting the summoning focus asside i chose mobility and flexibility in deployment for the next game.

5 hours ago, ibel said:

It happen, Maybe a Admin can switch this Discussion in that subforum.

To your List:

Jes i Like it. But i had to Agree to my follower @Kasper i think Bloab would be the very better Choice.

And if u change that u can take 1 more PBlightlords unit instat of the Nuglings. I like the PBLords they are so mobile, very good.

Pls tell us next week how the game was, thanks a lot.

Now to my pocket:

I Play at Sunday 2k against SerraphonGunLine or Teclics+2x20 Sentinels with this List:

Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle
- Subfaction: Drowned Men
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Orghotts Daemonspew (300)*
Bloab Rotspawned (300)
-
Lore of Malignance: Plague Squall
Lord of Afflictions (210)*
-
General
- Command Trait: Overpowering Stench
- Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of Malignance: Gift of Disease

Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)*
5 x Putrid Blightkings (250)*
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)*
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)*
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)*

Endless Spells & Invocations
The Burning Head (20)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 123
Drops: 2

The Plan is: I buy Orgoth and want to try Orgoth and Bloab.

2. Making Pressure direct from beginning and than stay Long enough ALife to win the Game.

I will give u a report. Stay healthy !

Unfortunately i don't have any more PBGL and don't plan on getting another duo. Second Maggothlord goes first (when he is finally available again).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I had 2 games this friday with a new list:

Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle
- Subfaction: Drowned Men
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Indomitable

Leaders
Great Unclean One (495)*
- General
- Bile Blade & Massive Bilesword
- Command Trait: Nurgling Infestation
- Artefact: The Witherstave
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Lord of Afflictions (210)*
- Artefact: The Splithorn Helm
Festus the Leechlord (150)*
- Lore of Malignance: Magnificent Buboes
Orghotts Daemonspew (300)

Battleline
10 x Plaguebearers (150)
10 x Plaguebearers (150)**
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)**
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)**

Units
3 x Nurglings (105)*

Core Battalions
*Warlord
Hunters of the Heartlands**

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130
Drops: 9

I put flaming weapon on the GUO but I'm still undecided on which is the best spell.

Game 1:

My first game was against some kastelai soulblight with a vampire on zombie dragon, Mannfred, Neferata and 4x5 blood knights. I didn't put anything in deepstrike and I managed to hold pretty well, making sure that the 2x5 knights in ambush were basically useless. 

I lost the game because on turn 3 I made the stupid mistake of charging Mannfred, who then teleported and denied me 6 VP. Other than that the game went pretty well.

Game 2:

Game 2 was against some SCE with a knight draconis, a Knight-Relictor, 3x2 dragons, and 6 longstrike. I know this list pretty well because we're either taking this list or the 11 dragons for the next team tournament so we train a lot against it. It's very oppressive and the stormcasts basically plays with 2500 points on turn 1. I lost by 8 points, which is not a lot considering the fact that we intend to rely on this list to get a 20/0.

The 5++ really helps but I still lost Orghotts on turn 1 because you can only take so many bolts and flames in the face. The diseases did a lot of damage and I love the 4th effect of the wheel more and more. 

Conclusion

I'll play some more games with this list but so far I really like it. It doesn't have a lot of bodies but it's actually pretty flexible. The bookkeeping is very intense though and I'm glad I finally got my tokens because you usually end up with dice everywhere on the table and on the side.

The putrid blightkings have been disappoining in my earlier games, I'd really like to hear your opinion on them compared to the pusgoyles and the plaguebearers.

Edited by spenson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 8:38 AM, Champotte said:

Hey guys, I didn’t bought the new book yet. Is there a way to build a viable list around multiple GUOs now ? Any list ideas to share ?

I had a successful game yesterday. NB: it was a casual game with my buddy. He brought ogre gutbusters without beastclaw raiders and no monsters; I think this matchup is in Nurgle's favor. It was the first game for either of us in 3rd edition. I brought an all-demon list with multiple GUO's and a focus on summoning. This list can handily summon a 3rd GUO on battle round 3:

Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle
- Subfaction: Befouling Host
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

LEADERS

Great Unclean One (495)*
- General
- Command Trait: Infernal Conduit
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes
- Lore of Virulence: Fleshy Abundance
Rotigus (495)
- Lore of Virulence: Stream of Corruption
Horticulous Slimux (225)
Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle (130)

UNITS

20 x Plaguebearers (300)*
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (110)*
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (110)*
3 x Nurglings (105)*

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL: 1970/2000             WOUNDS: 121
LEADERS: 4/6                   BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)      BEHEMOTHS: 2/4            ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1               ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3               ALLIES: 0/400
REINFORCED UNITS: 1/4            DROPS: 3

 

The idea here is that you start with two trees on the board and Slimux gets to drop a third tree immediately at the start of the first turn. First turn gets about 9 contagion points (nurgle in own territory with no enemies = 4, three trees = 3, Bell = probably 1, Infernal Conduit = probably 1). If you can get a unit touching your opponents territory, then you can assume ~11 contagion points in battle rounds 2 and 3 each (I am assuming that the enemy will be in Nurgle territory at this point). Obviously this is dependent on a couple dice rolls, how canny your opponent is and how alpha-strikey their army is. Most people are happy to give the old slow Nurgle boys turn 1, which is fine with me; gives me time to get my tree down and my nurglings deep-struck.

I deployed my reinforced Plaguebearers with my GUO and Sloppity Bilepiper as a big chunky force while the Beasts flanked up one-side with Slimux. Rotigus can act on his own and reinforce where needed. Obviously the Nurglings are hopefully going to get into the opponents territory turn 1...but keep your expectations low. The GUO is going to attempt to cast three spells per turn: Fleshy Abundance on the PBs, Mystic Shield on himself (it's important to keep him alive in this build) or the PBs, and Gift of Disease with +1 to cast. Rotigus will cast Deluge of Nurgle and Stream of Corruption (ideally he is wading into combat).

The list worked well in my game; all the pieces performed as expected. Rotigus over-performed and got work done. The beasts and Slimux synergized well together (Ferocious Advance is a good Battle Tactic choice for these three). The Run/Retreat + Charge tactic was fun to play and these guys were able to bounce around in the backfield flank. The nurglings got into the opponents territory and distracted/tied-up his leadbelchers handily until round 3. The Plaguebearers are meaty with fleshy abundance and were able to tie-up a double-reinforced unit of ironguts and keep them from overrunning my objectives with the help of Sloppity's don't-pile-in-closer song. I was a little careless and the ironguts and tyrant were able to take out my GUO on turn 2 with a couple big charges and a bunch of buffs. Even though I lost him, I still managed to reach 32 contagion points on round 3 and summoned a GUO with sword/flail and nailed a 9-inch charge to 1-v-1 his tyrant. We called it in my favor after round 3. It was 15-12 and I had started to burn the objectives in his territory. Neither of us had widespread board control, but I had better position on the remaining objectives and monsters that could score battle tactics.

TL;DR

IMO multiple GUOs are a valid option.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Domowoj said:

I had a successful game yesterday. NB: it was a casual game with my buddy. He brought ogre gutbusters without beastclaw raiders and no monsters; I think this matchup is in Nurgle's favor. It was the first game for either of us in 3rd edition. I brought an all-demon list with multiple GUO's and a focus on summoning. This list can handily summon a 3rd GUO on battle round 3:

Allegiance: Maggotkin of Nurgle
- Subfaction: Befouling Host
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery

LEADERS

Great Unclean One (495)*
- General
- Command Trait: Infernal Conduit
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Artefact: Tome of a Thousand Poxes
- Lore of Virulence: Fleshy Abundance
Rotigus (495)
- Lore of Virulence: Stream of Corruption
Horticulous Slimux (225)
Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle (130)

UNITS

20 x Plaguebearers (300)*
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (110)*
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (110)*
3 x Nurglings (105)*

*Battle Regiment

TOTAL: 1970/2000             WOUNDS: 121
LEADERS: 4/6                   BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)      BEHEMOTHS: 2/4            ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1               ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3               ALLIES: 0/400
REINFORCED UNITS: 1/4            DROPS: 3

 

The idea here is that you start with two trees on the board and Slimux gets to drop a third tree immediately at the start of the first turn. First turn gets about 9 contagion points (nurgle in own territory with no enemies = 4, three trees = 3, Bell = probably 1, Infernal Conduit = probably 1). If you can get a unit touching your opponents territory, then you can assume ~11 contagion points in battle rounds 2 and 3 each (I am assuming that the enemy will be in Nurgle territory at this point). Obviously this is dependent on a couple dice rolls, how canny your opponent is and how alpha-strikey their army is. Most people are happy to give the old slow Nurgle boys turn 1, which is fine with me; gives me time to get my tree down and my nurglings deep-struck.

I deployed my reinforced Plaguebearers with my GUO and Sloppity Bilepiper as a big chunky force while the Beasts flanked up one-side with Slimux. Rotigus can act on his own and reinforce where needed. Obviously the Nurglings are hopefully going to get into the opponents territory turn 1...but keep your expectations low. The GUO is going to attempt to cast three spells per turn: Fleshy Abundance on the PBs, Mystic Shield on himself (it's important to keep him alive in this build) or the PBs, and Gift of Disease with +1 to cast. Rotigus will cast Deluge of Nurgle and Stream of Corruption (ideally he is wading into combat).

The list worked well in my game; all the pieces performed as expected. Rotigus over-performed and got work done. The beasts and Slimux synergized well together (Ferocious Advance is a good Battle Tactic choice for these three). The Run/Retreat + Charge tactic was fun to play and these guys were able to bounce around in the backfield flank. The nurglings got into the opponents territory and distracted/tied-up his leadbelchers handily until round 3. The Plaguebearers are meaty with fleshy abundance and were able to tie-up a double-reinforced unit of ironguts and keep them from overrunning my objectives with the help of Sloppity's don't-pile-in-closer song. I was a little careless and the ironguts and tyrant were able to take out my GUO on turn 2 with a couple big charges and a bunch of buffs. Even though I lost him, I still managed to reach 32 contagion points on round 3 and summoned a GUO with sword/flail and nailed a 9-inch charge to 1-v-1 his tyrant. We called it in my favor after round 3. It was 15-12 and I had started to burn the objectives in his territory. Neither of us had widespread board control, but I had better position on the remaining objectives and monsters that could score battle tactics.

TL;DR

IMO multiple GUOs are a valid option.

 

 

 It looks a nice summoning list!  However, you need to change the command trait of the GUO. It is for mortals only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Refiasgna said:

 It looks a nice summoning list!  However, you need to change the command trait of the GUO. It is for mortals only.

Ahh bummer! I guess that makes a big difference actually...now the list is unlikely to pull off a big summon like that before battle round 4 and that's just too late in the game. I thought for a minute we could have a cool summoning list with multiple GUOs.

I am once again disillusioned about our new book; a nerf to an already-mid-tier army. We waited four years for a book while every book in AoS 2 power-crept past us and now our army seems rock-paper-scissory (we can probably tell if we will win or lose as soon as our opponent shows us their list).

Edit: Back to the drawing board! I could drop 10 plaguebearers and bring in a generic mortal hero general with infernal conduit. Either a sorcerer or a harbinger of decay. These are kinda lackluster. I could also drop nurglings and bring in a LoA. The LoA could potentially deepstrike if I need to but I would sacrifice the benefit of Infernal Conduit on my first turn. I could however eek out a warlord battalion for another enhancement as well. Spit-ballin'

Edited by Domowoj
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2022 at 12:50 PM, Smashin' said:

Personally I think it's best as multiple small units, they are tough as it is and I feel like having the flexibility to spread your units more is important with a low model count. I had one unit of 5 with fleshy abundance counter-charge and tie up 3 units of 10 Lumineth Windchargers soaking 90-ish shots in the shooting phase and surviving.

If a unit of 10 calls to you give it a shot and see how it goes! I used such a unit in the previous edition.

bent... my poor roos 90 shots, 3/3/-1/1 + another 30-40 attacks in melee and couldn't finish a unit of 5 blightkings off XD

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Hello fellow blight-kin.

I am building a Nurgle marked slaves to darkness army. I'm incorporating bits from the various Nurgle plastics.

Im going to follow this thread for inspiration, if you don't mind the company?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Lord marcus said:

Hello fellow blight-kin.

I am building a Nurgle marked slaves to darkness army. I'm incorporating bits from the various Nurgle plastics.

Im going to follow this thread for inspiration, if you don't mind the company?

Everyone is welcome with the Grandfather! However you might want to pop over to the new AoS 3 sub forum for Nurgle instead:
 



Not a ton of activity over there, but definitely more than you'll get there. 

Edited by Grimrock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...