Lord of Blights (135)
Lord of Plagues (135)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (165)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (165)

Total: 600 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 54

I need to take the risk that my warlord dies, but I got much more damage. I would go for a harbringer next followed by demons.🤷🏼‍♂️

IMO your army is too slow to just play the melee game. I´d either try to include a fast hero to be able to steal obcetives by summoning. Or I´d include Fecula (ie the Wurmspat) because she is hellish ressilient, brings an other unit (even if it is just 2 models) and can cast / dispel spells.

Lord of Afflictions, Fecula and Harbinger of Decay are rather ressilient heroes. So maybe one of those as your general, if you´re concerned?

EDIT: Chaos Warhounds! These are the best chaff we can get and now they even get the NURGLE keyword!

Edited by Hannibal

Second putting in Fecula. She costs the same as a regular sorcerer (pre update anyway), has better stats, comes with 2 bodyguards that she can push 50% of wounds onto, can heal every cast and could cast lifeswarm for more heals as needed. Talk about a caster who isn’t going anywhere. 

Good night guys, I would like to make you a question.

According to the new rules, you can't apply two times an effect of the same roll, so... if you are playing Munificent wanderers with one last Gift and a witherstaff, if an enemy unit rolls a 6 to hit, he decides what effect is applied to him but never both of them?

@EngraBlackSword yeah this one is weird. I was hoping FAQ would clarify the rules regarding triggered effects but it did not...

According to 1.6.2 if the effect of two or more abilities would be applied at the same time, the active player applies their effects one at the time in the order they desire, then the opponent does the same.

And according to 1.6.4, if two or more effects are triggered by the same roll, only one effect can be applied, decided by the player who made the roll...

I would still believe the rolling player picks one triggered effect, then his opponent does the same, but it is still unclear to me.

Now regarding one last gift, it clearly is a triggered effect : "If the unmodified hit roll for an attack made with a melee weapon that targets a friendly MUNIFICENT WANDERERS DAEMON unit wholly within 12" of this general is 6, the attacking unit suffers 1 mortal wound after all of its attacks have been resolved."

Is the Witherstaff a triggered effect: "Re-roll hit rolls of 6 for enemy units while they are within 12" of the bearer." The lack of If or Whenever makes it unclear to me, but it might just be my MTG background

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:37 AM, EngraBlackSword said:

Good night guys, I would like to make you a question.

According to the new rules, you can't apply two times an effect of the same roll, so... if you are playing Munificent wanderers with one last Gift and a witherstaff, if an enemy unit rolls a 6 to hit, he decides what effect is applied to him but never both of them?

I read an explanation where someone stated that the munificient wanderers ability is applied at the end of this fight after all attacks are done etc... And therefore is would not "apply" at the same time... 

Overall I agree that we need a clear faq for that one. Even if I think the intention was that there only can be 1 positive effect at the same time, so no add. Hit and add. MW e.g.

They just didn't think about the defensive 6er triggers... 

Edited by Zplash
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I wonder what is the right interpretation of new Coalition Rules.

The facts:

FAQ states:

"Page 58 – Allegiance

Add the following battle trait:

LEGIONS OF CHAOS When an army dedicated to one of the Chaos Gods marches to war, it is often accompanied by hordes of Slaves to Darkness, snarling herds of beast-kin and other corrupted beings with similar goals. A Maggotkin of Nurgle army can include coalition units (see below) as follows:

- 2 in every 4 units in the army can be a coalition unit from the Slaves to Darkness faction that has the Mark of Chaos keyword. Those units must be given the Nurgle Mark of Chaos keyword."

Well, it clearly states "add" the follwing battle trait, meaning that the old Allegiance rules are still in play. Ie you can still include every single unit with a NURGLE keyword. That unit is then part of NURGLE allegiance which now should be read as "Maggotkin of Nurgle" allegiance (according to the FAQ).

But if that is the case, why bother with coalition units?

What do I overlook here?

To stop cheaper battleine options from being available to other armies and prevent non-battletome leader choices from becoming the General. 

Coalition allows for players to create a more "classic" looking Chaos army without rules writers having to balance those units in line with all the Chaos armies is my guess. 

13 hours ago, Zplash said:

I read an explanation where someone stated that the munificient wanderers ability is applied at the end of this fight after all attacks are done etc... And therefore is would not "apply" at the same time... 

Overall I agree that we need a clear faq for that one. Even if I think the intention was that there only can be 1 positive effect at the same time, so no add. Hit and add. MW e.g.

They just didn't think about the defensive 6er triggers... 

Yes, but the trigger is the 6s to hit. So sadly it does not apply. I agree they didn't think about defensive 6s. They should have said a player cannot apply two or more abilities on a dice roll.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t posted in a while. Here is how the witherstave and one last gift interact. 

When the dice is rolled, this is when Rerolls happen. Before modifiers. So the witherstave would trigger here. Once the rerolls are finished this is the UNmodified roll. Whatever 6  is on the table is what would trigger one last gift. Then you apply modifiers and resolve wound rolls. 

So the one last gift is not as effective with the witherstave but they still do work. The same for if opponents have “exploding” 6s and you have the witherstave. They roll their dice. Then witherstave makes you reroll the 6s. They do so. That’s then the UNmodified roll. Whatever 6s are left after the witherstave would then proc their effects. So the opponent can’t simply choose to ignore the witherstave. It’s not a triggered ability on a 6… it happens BEFORE the trigger because of the nature of the game (rerolls always happen before modifiers)

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Haven’t posted in a while. Here is how the witherstave and one last gift interact. 

When the dice is rolled, this is when Rerolls happen. Before modifiers. So the witherstave would trigger here. Once the rerolls are finished this is the UNmodified roll. Whatever 6  is on the table is what would trigger one last gift. Then you apply modifiers and resolve wound rolls. 

So the one last gift is not as effective with the witherstave but they still do work. The same for if opponents have “exploding” 6s and you have the witherstave. They roll their dice. Then witherstave makes you reroll the 6s. They do so. That’s then the UNmodified roll. Whatever 6s are left after the witherstave would then proc their effects. So the opponent can’t simply choose to ignore the witherstave. It’s not a triggered ability on a 6… it happens BEFORE the trigger because of the nature of the game (rerolls always happen before modifiers)

Yeah that is the way you have to play it. Makes totally sense and sounds logical.

Hey fellow maggots,

I had the opportunity to grab a BR: Nurgle box, so it seems that i am starting a new army project again.😄

My question is do i need the Everchosen book to start Maggotkin or is the battletome enough? I know that i just need the battletome to play, but what about cool and/or strong subfaction/artefacts etc.?

I know that the changes from BR: Teclis are essential, but the Updated warscrolls are available on the AoS app, so i don't think that i need that book.

It seems that Maggotkin are awesome on the defensive side (which i love!) and nearly don't have any offense and because of that are consider quite weak?

2 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Hey fellow maggots,

I had the opportunity to grab a BR: Nurgle box, so it seems that i am starting a new army project again.😄

My question is do i need the Everchosen book to start Maggotkin or is the battletome enough? I know that i just need the battletome to play, but what about cool and/or strong subfaction/artefacts etc.?

I know that the changes from BR: Teclis are essential, but the Updated warscrolls are available on the AoS app, so i don't think that i need that book.

It seems that Maggotkin are awesome on the defensive side (which i love!) and nearly don't have any offense and because of that are consider quite weak?

The Everchosen Book offers 4 new subfactions of which one – Munificient Wanderers – is right now the most often seen subfaction in competetive lists.

37 minutes ago, Archibald said:

Hey fellow maggots,

i'd say you probably do, i managed to get my copy from ebay for cheap

16 hours ago, Hannibal said:

The Everchosen Book offers 4 new subfactions of which one – Munificient Wanderers – is right now the most often seen subfaction in competetive lists.

So i would just need the everchosen book for the 4 subfactoon pages? I looked into the battletome today amd it seemed not so worthwile. Battalions are useless, many warscrolls got updated,...so ruleswise only the general faction rules, command abilities and artefacts are useful?

Because i am on a budget i have to decide what i can live without. The rules for munificient wanderers can be found on the internet, the app has the warscrolls and artefact/commandability wise only the witherstaff seems important. So i am thinking about skipping the books.

What do you think?

This will be my first list at 1k. Am very excited to try them out!

Allegiance: Nurgle
- Host of Chaos: Munificent Wanderers
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Great Unclean One (350) in Warlord
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Command Trait: One Last Gift  
- Artefact: The Witherstave  
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Sloppity Bilepiper Herald of Nurgle (130) in Warlord
- Artefact: Mucktalon  
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (125) in Warlord

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (220) in Warlord
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Plaguebearers (110) in Warlord

Endless Spells & Invocations
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Core Battalions
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Wounds: 56

On 7/24/2021 at 6:01 AM, Archibald said:

So i would just need the everchosen book for the 4 subfactoon pages? I looked into the battletome today amd it seemed not so worthwile. Battalions are useless, many warscrolls got updated,...so ruleswise only the general faction rules, command abilities and artefacts are useful?

Because i am on a budget i have to decide what i can live without. The rules for munificient wanderers can be found on the internet, the app has the warscrolls and artefact/commandability wise only the witherstaff seems important. So i am thinking about skipping the books.

What do you think?

This will be my first list at 1k. Am very excited to try them out!

- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Great Unclean One (350) in Warlord
- General
- Artefact: The Witherstave  
Sloppity Bilepiper Herald of Nurgle (130) in Warlord
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (125) in Warlord

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (220) in Warlord
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Plaguebearers (110) in Warlord

Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Core Battalions
Warlord

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Wounds: 56

I tried to skip the books, due to knowing there is likely a new one coming in October, however iv'e had 3 games now and feel that at least the battletome is needed, if only for the summoning/abilities stuff. 

Give it a go, see how you get on, I found myself forgetting loads of stuff without the book.

Getting into Maggotkin here with a rules question: lord of blight granting a shooting attack to BKs. Does that allow every model in the BK unit to shoot using the profile, or only 1 shooting attack for the entire BK unit?

thanks!

16 hours ago, Silphid said:

Getting into Maggotkin here with a rules question: lord of blight granting a shooting attack to BKs. Does that allow every model in the BK unit to shoot using the profile, or only 1 shooting attack for the entire BK unit?

thanks!

I´ve seen it played both ways. IMO it´s not clear. I play it to give every member of a unit the shooting attack and my opponents don´t really care.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hannibal said:

I´ve seen it played both ways. IMO it´s not clear. I play it to give every member of a unit the shooting attack and my opponents don´t really care.

initially i played it as one shot, but the guy i played last week said it works the other way and everyone gets a go so if my opponent is saying that, thats how im playing it from now

Just wanted to show off my small steps towards my first 1k of Maggotkin.

Next on the painting table are a Scrivener and a Beast of Nurgle. After that i have 600p/600p painted. Next step will definitely be a GUO.😍
But after that i don't know how to fill the remaining points...

10 more Plaguebearers and the emerald lifeswarm?

- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Great Unclean One (350)
- General
Sloppity Bilepiper Herald of Nurgle (130)

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (220) in Hunters of the Heartlands
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Plaguebearers (110) in Hunters of the Heartlands

Units
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (125) in Hunters of the Heartlands

Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

Wounds: 59

Alternatively 5 Blightkings. I often hear that Plaguebearers can't damage anything so Blightkings for the kill? What do you think? Blightkings also sound like more varienty.😄

- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Great Unclean One (350)
- General
Sloppity Bilepiper Herald of Nurgle (130)

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (220) in Hunters of the Heartlands
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Putrid Blightkings (165) in Hunters of the Heartlands

Units
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (125) in Hunters of the Heartlands

Total: 990 / 1000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 2
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 69

0FB923A0-EC4E-4B02-8118-092F76AC1154.jpeg

7272BFD9-1A6B-4BE4-B207-B5DD28B24AE6.jpeg

4B831FF3-7C54-4711-A267-42981107C4C8.jpeg

1EDA1578-6D6D-4DBA-B651-2A4880DE4F73.jpeg

E302BF63-6BFA-41A9-B435-4DBEEB448DCD.jpeg

E9A07209-4508-49E0-A4C0-EC0C5E3BBBA4.jpeg

7DB0C76A-DF56-490E-B98E-79A2E7F9A2A4.jpeg

Edited by Archibald
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber

Hey, I'm dipping my toes into Nurgle and haven't yet got the battletomb, with the rumours of a new one I'm holding off for now. 

I was however wondering how the rules work for taking other Nurgle marked units in a Maggotkin force in 3.0? Do I just use the ally rules from the 3.0 Rule book?

3 hours ago, SunStorm said:

Hey, I'm dipping my toes into Nurgle and haven't yet got the battletomb, with the rumours of a new one I'm holding off for now. 

I was however wondering how the rules work for taking other Nurgle marked units in a Maggotkin force in 3.0? Do I just use the ally rules from the 3.0 Rule book?

Check the latest FAQ for that.;)

• Like 1

This Thread seems to be gone in hibernation mode...

How are you guys doing with 3.0? Tried out blightkings again? Are only daemons viable? Is munificent wanderers obligatory? Do you have some interesting lists?

I am painting my next 500p atm for a 1k5 list. Played my first game of Nurgle against lumineth and made a lot if stupid mistakes regarding priorisation, but in the end won with a 3 points lead.
MVP was Sloppity Bilepiper who only got 2 wounds by a treelord ancient and then kept on to hold his ground. GUO was truely discustingly resilient but the Bileblade was useless against his warsong with the roll 3 dice choose two for magic stuff. I think that i will exchange the blade for the flail so the GUO can kill at least something. Plaguebearers fell like flies against Kurnoth Hunters. Nurglings and Beast of Nurgle were meh...

My list:

- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Great Unclean One (350)*
- General
- Plague Flail & Doomsday Bell
- Artefact: The Endless Gift  
Sloppity Bilepiper Herald of Nurgle (130)*
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (125)*
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle(135)
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers (220)**
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Plaguebearers (110)**

Units
3 x Plague Drones (195)**
3 x Nurglings (90)*
1 x Beasts of Nurgle (125)*

Core Battalions
*Warlord
**Hunters of the Heartlands

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1480 / 2000
Wounds: 96
Drops: 9

I will be exchanging the Poxbringer to expand the second Plaguebearer unit up to 20 and maybe Swapping out Nurglings and Beast for a second Drone unit for more damage?

My way to 2k will be the Glottkin (saw a cool battlereport ob youtube with him. Seemed awesome) and 10 more Plaguebearers. What do you think?