AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 minutes ago, Sedraxis said:

If that leak is true Blightkings are no longer battleline and both Blessed Sons and Wanderers battalions are removed :(

According to others Plaguebearers also drop to 

Blightkings should be still battleline. Look at older version of gh.  Note about being battleline for Nurgle is just in next column. On leaked photo this column is simple not visible .  

57 minutes ago, Well of Eternity said:

Blightkings should be still battleline. Look at older version of gh.  Note about being battleline for Nurgle is just in next column. On leaked photo this column is simple not visible .  

If blightkings weren't battleline Rotbringers would have no battleline choice which makes it even less probable.

If the rumours are true, and plaguebearers are 100/260, guo/rotigus is 320 and beasts of nurgle are for 70, Nurgle Munificent Wanderers 2k list with:

2xguo, rotigus, thriceshold = 1020
3x30 plaguebearers = 780
spellportal, geminids, beasts of nurgle = 200

Could be very competitive!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, grucha said:

If blightkings weren't battleline Rotbringers would have no battleline choice which makes it even less probable.

If the rumours are true, and plaguebearers are 100/260, guo/rotigus is 320 and beasts of nurgle are for 70, Nurgle Munificent Wanderers 2k list with:

3x30 plaguebearers = 780

Could be very competitive!

Hm still you have the issue with your casts getting off VS the top tier armies having the power to shut your whole magic down. 

Bust still 30 PBs for 260 would be juicy 😍

• Like 1

My main take from the rumoured leak, of which I just saw a picture.

image.png.c7061edb52dc4dd0c03a2f11d079b633.png

Blightlords and plague drones getting a 10p reduction is negligible. You'll either still pay for blightlord or won't use them at all; plague drones are still inefficient. Nurglings being 20p less doesn't matter; they do practically nothing, and aren't even good deep-strikers due to the limits to their ability. Beasts being 10p is kinda 50/50. You'll either play them due to a battalion and get a slightly better price, or still not run them. I do believe in their potential, but they die a bit too fast and their standard profile does 0 dmg.

On a more positive note, GuO being 20p less is great, as it's an auto-include in all daemon armies. And Blightkings being 140/500 is a party all around. Glottking being 40p less is good, but it's still an expensive investment for a model that's not particularly overwhelming.

The picture only shows the leader columns, however. This is prolly while some of us thought they might be taking battleline away from Blightkings or smth crazy. A couple battalions do seem to be missing, though.

Edit: the battalions missing are the ones we got as sub-factions in Wrath. Which... kind of sucks?

Edited by Gistradagis

1 hour ago, grucha said:

3x30 plaguebearers = 780

If these points are correct, I´d run

full Thricefold 1020

min Blight Cyst 700

30 Plaguebearers 260

---

But someone who claims to be in posession of the book pm´ed me that PLaguebearers are 110/300

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

If these points are correct, I´d run

full Thricefold 1020

min Blight Cyst 700

30 Plaguebearers 260

---

But someone who claims to be in posession of the book pm´ed me that PLaguebearers are 110/300

That would be a waste of daemon potential (munificent wonderers is really worth taking), bligh cyst is great if you have like 50 blightkings and rotbringers subfaction.

I just ordered a GUO, glad to have him a little less in points.  Running him and a Plague Priest with my Beasts of Chaos Pestilent Throng.  Wondering if it would be better to run 3x10 Gors (my standard battelline), then 2x9 Bullgors (1 w greataxes, 1 unit w axe/shields), 10 Bestigors and the Mindstealer Sphiranx......or should I trade out 6 Bullgors for another 20 Bestigors?  I've got a Shaggoth on the way, but was figuring he'd be better for a Tzeentch Beasts army.

My aim, besides just using my Beasts in different ways, is to make a very fast bumrush army.   Wasn't sure if the extra bodies would be worth the less potential damage.

Additionally, I'm leaning towards the Bell and Bileblade for my GUO, as I see him as a support hero that will be tough to move or kill.   Or is there a combo I've overlooked making the sword and/or flail better?  I'm new to Grandfather's Garden :D

I’m thinking:

Verminlord Corruptor general

Epidemius

Two Soul Grinders

Three plague furnaces

One 30 man PB unit and two more units with size depending on points.
Turtle up and let Epidemius‘s tally make everything better.  

If nothing else, it won’t be expected and that’s a LOT of Nurgle firepower that gets a hefty improvement fast. And Corruptors can do serious damage in close range. Tournament level? Nah. Possibly mean in a casual pickup game? Yup. Host from WotE included, of course. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Zplash said:

Somebody can confirm either 100 or 110 for Plaguebearers? Would make a different in a list with 80 of them :D

the 110/300 is a bit weird because it means we only gain 30 pts (27% off from the last 120 pts) when the current reduction is 40 pts (33% off from the last 120 pts). One of my friend told me it's 100 pts (He saw it...but can't take photos or else so perhaps it's 110 ^^).

With the rumored point drops, it allows you to run something like the below. I stole this list from another player, so it's not mine. It may seem small but the point changes allow you to Ally in 10 Warhounds. These can act as a fast screen for Plague monks, which they desperately need. I think it's  a big boon to the list and it has a lot of potential. The original owner of the list did well with it in a tournament. It has bodies, fast moving flankers, output from Plaguemonks and a big buff/distraction tanky monster. The biggest weakness IMO is glasscannon Plaguemonks and the weak casting. Against better casting armies it will be hard to get those amazing spells off. I'm working on building it now. 

LEADERS
The Glottkin (420)
Lord of Afflictions (200)
- General
- Command Trait : Grandfather's Blessing
- Artefact : Rustfang
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (200)
Festus the Leechlord (140)
UNITS
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (200)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
40 x Plague Monks (280)
10 x Chaos Warhounds (80)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Extra Command Point (50)
TOTAL: 2050/2000

Mass Blightkings ftw... Don't even bother about casting anything :D

Blight cyst and Max blightkings in all variations... 20,15,10,5... Swarm objectives and hope your 240 wounds outlast the opponent... 

Ah damn wait WHO got like 50 to 60 Blightkings Oo??? 

2 hours ago, Zplash said:

Blight cyst and Max blightkings in all variations... 20,15,10,5... Swarm objectives and hope your 240 wounds outlast the opponent... 

I got 20 on sprues and 10 painted. BKs are great. Shame that even at 110/300 PBs are ******. They need a new warscroll desperately. 

11 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

I got 20 on sprues and 10 painted. BKs are great. Shame that even at 110/300 PBs are ******. They need a new warscroll desperately. 

Lol, if BKs were 110/300 I'd win every single game ever.

I agree that they, or rather the entire faction, need an update asap, though.

11 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

Lol, if BKs were 110/300 I'd win every single game ever.

I agree that they, or rather the entire faction, need an update asap, though.

I think he meant plaguebearers, not blightkings :)

14 hours ago, Zplash said:

I feel the same about Nurgle casting :( Still I believe Fecula or Sorcerer at the back (out of range of enemy unbind) casting Chronomantic cogs and moving Circle is a must have. That +4 move and +2 charge is essential turn one, especially if you are playing slow blob of 50 blightkings :D

Edited by grucha
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, grucha said:

I think he meant plaguebearers, not blightkings :)

I feel the same about Nurgle casting :( Still I believe Fecula or Sorcerer at the back (out of range of enemy unbind) casting Chronomantic cogs and moving Circle is a must have. That +4 move and +2 charge is essential turn one, especially if you are playing slow blob of 50 blightkings :D

Casting Cogs and turning the wheel are 2 casts which only Fecula could achieve. And even then without unbinds (some of them board wide...) you need both casts to go off. 

I mean yeah it could help, but honestly I would prefer a GUO for 320 which is a constant 3' move buff and your opponent can't benefit from it ;) and of course GUO always has 2 casts and little cast bonus to turn the wheel etc... 

Fecula in addition with Cogs you are not at 320 points but not too much missing 😅

PS: or maybe just 10 more kings for 280 :D

Edited by Zplash
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zplash said:

Casting Cogs and turning the wheel are 2 casts which only Fecula could achieve. And even then without unbinds (some of them board wide...) you need both casts to go off. 

I mean yeah it could help, but honestly I would prefer a GUO for 320 which is a constant 3' move buff and your opponent can't benefit from it ;) and of course GUO always has 2 casts and little cast bonus to turn the wheel etc... 

Fecula in addition with Cogs you are not at 320 points but not too much missing 😅

PS: or maybe just 10 more kings for 280 :D

Good point. I'm thinking about no casters army right now:

20xblightkings = 500
20xblightkings = 500
5xblightkings, 5xblightkings, 5xblightkings = 420
Blight cyst = 140
Lord of Blights = 140
Gutrot Spume = 140
Harbinger = 160

Which is exactly 2k. 55 blightkings is 231 wounds with 4+ save and 5+ fnp duo to the fact that Harbinger CA is still within. That could be hard for enemy to eat through...

• LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, grucha said:

20xblightkings = 500
20xblightkings = 500
Blight cyst = 140
Lord of Blights = 140
Gutrot Spume = 140
Harbinger = 160

Which is exactly 2k. 55 blightkings is 231 wounds with 4+ save and 5+ fnp duo to the fact that Harbinger CA is still within. That could be hard for enemy to eat through...

Not sure about Gutrod he feels so expensive for this restricted deep strike turn 1.

I would like to add a LoA for the mibility to summon in the backfield of the enemy and for that juicy RR1s to hit for all Rotbringers within 7'.

But would mean I have to drop 5 BKs and Gutrod and then there are useless 90 points left... 

Or drop 5 BKs and reduce one 20 stack to 15... So losing 10 BKs overall, adding LoA and have again useless 30 points left over hmm difficult :D

PS: LoA dropped to 190 too. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, grucha said:

20xblightkings = 500
20xblightkings = 500
Blight cyst = 140
Lord of Blights = 140
Gutrot Spume = 140
Harbinger = 160

My version of that is (Blessed Sons):

The Glottkin = 380p

Blight Cyst (140p) with:

• Harbinger of Decay (General, The Witherstave) = 160p
  • Lord of Blights (Blotshell Bileplate) = 140p
  • 20x Putrid Blightkings = 500p
  • 20x Putrid Blightkings = 500p
  • 5x Putrid Blightkings = 140p

A total of 1960, which sadly leaves me just short of buying an extra CP. I could try and get some random endless spell, but with this I might as well just stay there and get an almost certain triumph. The Glottkin can be a hard sell, but I really like the model, and want to see if the points drop make it playable.

• Like 1