AoS 2 - Maggotkin of Nurgle Discussion

Gaz Taylor

The allegiances in resume:

Munificient wanderers

Spoiler

Ability: Enemy unities at 3'' or less of daemons unities get rend 1 worst (don't affect nurgle unities)
Command: Deals d3 mortal wounds if a enemy unity charge the choosen daemon unity (can only use once on a unity)
Trait: The preview one, deamons deal 1 mortal if the enemy rolls a 6 on hits
Artefact: +1 do hit to a weapon against heroes

Droning Guard

Spoiler

Ability: Enemy unities at 3'' or less of daemons unities get rend 1 worst (don't affect nurgle unities)
Command: Add +1 to Disgusting resilient rolls for a plague drone unity during combat
Trait: Previwed one, plague drones move 4'' at the start of the battle
Artefact: -1 hit for melee weapons that target the bearer

Blessed sons

Spoiler

Ability: Same as the Drowned guard one, on a 2+ when a rotbringer dies the enemy takes 1 mortal wound (heal 1 instead if nurgle)
Command: Start of combat choose a rotbringer unity, at the end of the fase pick a enemy unity that suffered wounds by the chosen unity,if they inflicted more wounds than the enemy unity bravery the enemy suffer 3 mortal wounds
Trait: Can use "at double" without using cp once per turn on rotbringers
Artefact: Reroll saves for attacks that target the bearer

Drowed Guard

Spoiler

Ability: On a 2+ when a rotbringer dies the enemy takes 1 mortal wound (heal 1 instead if nurgle)
Command: Preview one, chose a pusgoyle unity and wound rolls of 6 give a extra -1 rend to the attack
Trait: Reroll charge rolls for pusgoyle unities near the general
Artefact: +1 wound

Edited by Arzalyn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

The allegiances in resume:

Munificient wanderers

Reveal hidden contents

Command: Deals d3 mortal wounds if a enemy unity charge the choosen daemon unity (can only use once on a unity)
Trait: The preview one, deamons deal 1 mortal if the enemy rolls a 6 on hits
Artefact: +1 do hit to a weapon against heroes

Droning Guard

Reveal hidden contents

Command: Add +1 to Disgusting resilient rolls for a unity during combat
Trait: Previwed one, plague drones move 4'' at the start of the battle
Artefact: -1 hit for melee weapons that target the bearer

Blessed sons

Reveal hidden contents

Ability: Same as the Drowned guard one, on a 2+ when a rotbringer dies the enemy takes 1 mortal wound (heal 1 instead if nurgle)
Command: Start of combat choose a rotbringer unity, at the end of the fase pick a enemy unity that suffered wounds by the chosen unity,if they inflicted more wounds than the enemy unity bravery the enemy suffer 3 mortal wounds
Trait: Can use "at double" without using cp once per turn on rotbringers
Artefact: Reroll saves for attacks that target the bearer

Drowed Guard

Reveal hidden contents

Ability: On a 2+ when a rotbringer dies the enemy takes 1 mortal wound (heal 1 instead if nurgle)
Command: Preview one, chose a pusgoyle unity and wound rolls of 6 give a extra -1 rend to the attack
Trait: Reroll charge rolls for pusgoyle unities near the general
Artefact: +1 wound

Woah so Happy with the daemons!! But se lose nurgle faction traits?

10 minutes ago, peasant said:

Woah so Happy with the daemons!! But se lose nurgle faction traits?

Not super clear, but by what he read at the start of the allegiances section seens like those work as subfactions for Nurgle allegiance, so you still get the circle, summonig and other things.

The Daemons ones looks pretty good, the mortal ones not so much. Wished they didnt give the same ability for both of them

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Not super clear, but by what he read at the start of the allegiances section seens like those work as subfactions for Nurgle allegiance, so you still get the circle, summonig and other things.

The Daemons ones looks pretty good, the mortal ones not so much. Wished they didnt give the same ability for both of them

I think they are for chaos ascendant faction, so no nurgle but perhaps its better that way, invoking units with10+ in 3d6

Mortals are meh 😣

If u compare the locus of daemons not even 1/10 as strong

Drones with +1 on d. Resilient and +1 on save since they reduce rend by 1 are something terribile to deal with

I am immagining a guo battalion with the first daemon traits :

- 1 to rend 😋

Free mortal wounds 

Mortal wounds on charge

-1 attack with geminds ☺️

Artifact of power on the sword guo (3+ sword vs heroes) 

Not bad at all

For the blightkings command ability if combined with blight cyst is not bad

If u fight a low bravery unit with a 4+ or 5+ save you are going to deal 3 mortal wounds (and more models die so more probably will flee in the battleshock phase) 

It's still a gamble

Free to the double trait is really strong and Artifact is not strong but not horribile too

Edited by calcysimon

The anti synergy with witherstave kinda sucks on munificent, but I think droning guard may be the best one in the book. Not sure if it does enough to make plague drones viable, but one or two units of 6 certainly will be very annoying to deal with. Also we might be getting a glimpse of what our universal locus will be in the next book, so that's kind of cool. 

Don't really like either of the mortal ones. Not worth losing an artifact and grandfather's gift over IMO.

12 minutes ago, TheVenerableBede said:

If you take one of these hosts, you have to take that command trait, so even if we have Nurgle allegiance abilities like the wheel and Gnarlmaws, we'll lose out on grandfather's blessing or pestilent breath.

I can live with that for sure! I just want to keep gnarlmaws and contagion points. 

10 hours ago, TheVenerableBede said:

The Daemon ones might be half decent if we can take that battalion from Chaos Ascendant, where hit rolls of 6 cause +1 damage.

Interesting thing about that battalion is it looks to be super open ended. It's 7 CHAOS ASCENDANT PLAGUEBEARER units together with the heroes. Caps n' bold. So that's keyword right?

That means you take 2-3 CHAOS ASCENDANT NURGLE DAEMON HEROES then you can choose from:

• Poxbringer (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Epidemimus (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Spoilpox Scrivener (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Sloppity Bilepiper (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Horticulus (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Plaguebearers (ofc)

&

• Plaguedrones

That's super cool imo - if it's meant to be keyword.

So lists like this are possible:

Allegiance: Chaos Ascendant
Munificent Wanderers
Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (90)
Epidemius Tallyman of Nurgle (200)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Sorcerer (120)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Battalions
Host of Corruption (160) I think it looks like 160 pts?

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 119

It's much better and more flexible than 7 units of plaguebearers. If you keep Nurgle's allegiance it's super good. If not you can run this with Munificent Wanderers or Droning Guard right?

That's still pretty hefty. I think there's a case to be made for giving up Nurgle's allegiance if it's what has to be done. To test these new synergies out. Plus the above is a 2 drop due to the sorcerer only. Which is just in there by habit. It's a super flexible 1 drop.

Will have to check out this book and keep an eye out for the errata to come...

Edited by Turragor

6 hours ago, Sedraxis said:

Also, a reminder that the Tamurkhan's Horde still exists and is an absolutely viable choice:

The whole pdf is downloadable on the forgeworld website, easy to find if you google Tamurkhans Horde.

IMG_20200201_180823.jpg

Wow,this is bad... so incredible bad.

I always wondered why nobody has ever taken Tamurkan. Now i know why.

An artefact of power, one time per game doing 1 mortal wound. And for that you have to roll a 4+

Commanability: ad 1 to run

What the ****** has all that to do with nurgle or a viable list

Edited by Kurrilino

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

Wow,this is bad... so incredible bad.

I always wondered why nobody has ever taken Tamurkan. Now i know why.

An artefact of power, one time per game doing 1 mortal wound. And for that you have to roll a 4+

Commanability: ad 1 to run

What the ****** has all that to do with nurgle or a viable list

The biggest thing is giving our opponent a -1 on all their run and charge rolls. This disrupts a lot of things that people normally assume to be successful, give it a try.

The extra 1" run is great when moving up in turn one since our movement is pretty low. Combined with a GUO and other movement boosts the odds of a turn 1 charge are getting bigger. It's free real estate!

The Command Ability has it's uses as a bigger bubble and allows multiple rerolls for the price of one, so it could save you 1 or 2 cps per game.

This was our only subfaction option for a long time and if you run a battalion to pick up a second artifact, you essentially just trade Grandfather's Blessing for all this goodness.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I'm looking to start AoS with some friends.  We're big 40k guys, but with the state of the game and rules bloat, we're going to take a break for a bit until the new edition.

I was initially looking into Overlords, but decided to stick to Nurgle, as I have quite a bit of 40k nurgle stuff.

That being said, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for list building and review.  I have a lot of Daemons I would like to take advantage of, and would love to run the Glotkin as well.

We're a highly competitive group, but will take a bit of time to learn all the rules, etc.

6 hours ago, Turragor said:

Interesting thing about that battalion is it looks to be super open ended. It's 7 CHAOS ASCENDANT PLAGUEBEARER units together with the heroes. Caps n' bold. So that's keyword right?

That means you take 2-3 CHAOS ASCENDANT NURGLE DAEMON HEROES then you can choose from:

• Poxbringer (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Epidemimus (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Spoilpox Scrivener (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Sloppity Bilepiper (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Horticulus (up to the 6 Hero max limit)
  • Plaguebearers (ofc)

&

• Plaguedrones

That's super cool imo - if it's meant to be keyword.

So lists like this are possible:

Allegiance: Chaos Ascendant
Munificent Wanderers
Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
Spoilpox Scrivener Herald of Nurgle (90)
Epidemius Tallyman of Nurgle (200)
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
Sorcerer (120)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
3 x Plague Drones (200)
3 x Plague Drones (200)

Battalions
Host of Corruption (160) I think it looks like 160 pts?

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 119

It's much better and more flexible than 7 units of plaguebearers. If you keep Nurgle's allegiance it's super good. If not you can run this with Munificent Wanderers or Droning Guard right?

That's still pretty hefty. I think there's a case to be made for giving up Nurgle's allegiance if it's what has to be done. To test these new synergies out. Plus the above is a 2 drop due to the sorcerer only. Which is just in there by habit. It's a super flexible 1 drop.

Will have to check out this book and keep an eye out for the errata to come...

It's 180 points for the battalion. Kind of expensive but the ability is also strong. 

But you got a point if we can use our new subhosts like wanderers  in this new allegiance it's a real option. 

Only real lose in my eyes is the witherstave :D our spells are great but without bonuses and current meta too unreliable so I wouldn't cry about that. Wheel is quite often random and only useful in 2 of 7 stages plus all the std nurgle armees laugh in our face.... Ok the trees and nurgle summoning we would lose. But here we would get another summon option. 

10 lower daemons for each 10+ with 3D6 is solid too. Unfortunately these summoned ones even if plaguebearers are not included in the subhosts and battalion abilities right? So that always will be pink horrors than? 

Excited about trying munificient wanderers with a thricefold befoulment battalion. The command trait bouncing back a mortal on each 6 to hit applies to your demon units in a wholly within 12" bubble around the general, which with 135mm (actually they are on 130mm I made a mistake, so thats another 5mm of freedom!) bases on the Guo translates roughly to your two other Guos staying within about 6.5" of your general Guo in the center, so it pairs really well with thricefold befoulment as you wanna stay within 7" to get max bonuses there. Plus all your demons make enemies have 1 worse rend around them. So the 3 big guys get bouncing back mortal wounds on 6's to hit and effectively +1 to their save against attacks with rend. Seems really worth the trade off of the bad artifact.

Edited by ccconner777
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Zplash said:

Unfortunately these summoned ones even if plaguebearers are not included in the subhosts and battalion abilities right? So that always will be pink horrors than? 

I think they'd have allegiance abilities but wouldn't be in the battalion ofc 

Even so, pink horrors are quite nice, though they gain a lot from conflagration subfaction etc in tzeentch