AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

9 hours ago, Rarity Nouveau said:

So last year I got three of the Arcanites boxes, and three other tzaangor boxes and so far out of the 90 Tzaangors I have, I’ve  assembled 40 of them. I did both units containing max mutants, max greatblades, and one command squad each, with the remainder filled by sword and shield. So that comes out to:

8 mutants

16 savage greatblades (includes both Twistbrays)

2 banners

2 musicians

12 S&S

My question is, how do I assemble the remaining Tzaangors? A lot of the lists I’m seeing don’t have mutants on there for some reason, but from what I can tell there’s no reason not to take them. I also see that most lists run 1-2 shields in 20 blocks, so would I be severely punished for having more than that? Do I also go for the maximum banner and musicians now that we’re set to 1 per ten? And finally, what do I equip the Twistbrays with? 

Nope, no reason not to take max mutants.

With the latest warscroll there is no benefit to having more than one shield in a unit, but it isn't a major issue having a few in there, it's rare you'll have all in range to fight and you can just take off the shields first.

I always equip the command models all with Greatblades,, requires a bit of conversion but means you don't end up with tough choices between removing great blades or command models. Especially true of the Twistbray who is a mini blender with extra attack, +1 to wound, +1 to hit and a great blade.

No harm taking max musicians and banners, also makes it easier to switch between unit sizes.

Edited by Magnus The Blue

Hello I'm new to both the forum and the hobby, after some search on internet i found that the faction i like the most are Tzeentch and Seraphone so i come here to ask advice for the build for my first army before I go to the shop and buy the actual models.

Actually when i first looked through the warscroll of Tzeentch I've fallen into some sort of love/hate relationship, for exaple when i read Kairos warsroll i thought "wow that's amazing he can cast 2 spell a turn and know all spell of friendly wizards units", but then i realize that you can cast only one spell per "name" per round, so if kairos successfully cast the spell the original wizard can't, what a waste,

To make this list the "theme" are "witchfyre coven" and "mortal"

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Fatemaster (120) 
- Artefact: Timeslip Pendant
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Magister (140)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)  
- Trait: Incorporeal Form
- Artefact: Changeblade
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum

Battleline
40 x Kairic Acolytes (300)                                      
- 26x Pair of Cursed Blades                                              
- 2x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield                                   
- 12x Cursed Glaives                                                        
20 x Kairic Acolytes (160)
- 12x Pair of Cursed Blades
- 6x Cursed Glaives
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)                                        
- Hand Weapon & Shield                                                    

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)                                        

3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (140)                   

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (120)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 140

Fatemaster is one of the few leader i found decent in melee and pretty tanky, good to catch objective or face heroes with the Ogroid Thaumaturge.

Kairic Acolyte are the core of the witchfyre coven, from what i read nobody use the covenant because acolyte hit like toilet paper so i thought "why don't try to maximise the effect to make it worth" so 60 acolyte are 120 missile a turn that hit 4+ and they also have a decent melee attack.
They're 40/20 because like that cost 20 point less.

Chaos warrior are my needed 3rd battleline and from my understanding of the battalion rule a 3rd unit of acolyte wouldn't have the benefit of witchfyre coven so i opted for a tanky frontline to put in front of the acolyte

Chaos warshrine: while i was building the list i noticed that most of the units are mortal so why not give them a free 6+ save and a turn long reroll to all save to one unit.

Tzaangor Enlightened: In the beginning they were the black sheep of the army, the only non mortal unit, but I still need them for the witchfyre coven; then i thought that with their decent stat and awesome movement on disks 2 unit of them can be used both as a melee distraction as well as a commando unit to catch objective that require 5+ model, a shame i can't buff their resilience with the warshrine.

Other option that i thought of are:
- removing 3 enlighteneded to max out the second unit of kairic acolyte or remove 3 and set the other 3 on foot for 180 point of goodness
- remove some endless spell
- it's possible to switch gaunt summoner + chaos warrior with tzaangor shaman + tzaangor(battleline) but at that point you can remove the warshrine because it's no more worth it as the number of mortal of the army decrease.
- Arcanite Cabal and Pyrofane Cult battalions would enhance the acolyte even more but i don't know if it's worth the point investment.
- Ally, too many choice that I can't evaluate correctly because of my lack of experience.

So i hope in any advice to make this build better, especially the item, ally etc..
I found a little overwhelming try to build a list with all the information scattered between different book and faq so i hope i don't misunderstand something or use some outdated info.

On 17/10/2018 at 13:13, Atamaz said:

Ciao sono nuovo sia per il forum che per l'hobby, dopo alcune ricerche su internet ho scoperto che la fazione che mi piace di più sono Tzeentch e Seraphone quindi vengo qui per chiedere consigli per la costruzione del mio primo esercito prima di andare al acquista e acquista i modelli attuali.

In realtà, quando ho guardato per la prima volta la guerra di Tzeentch, mi sono imbattuto in una sorta di relazione di amore / odio, per esempio quando ho letto Kairos warsroll ho pensato "wow è incredibile che può lanciare 2 incantesimi a turno e conoscere tutti gli incantesimi di maghi amichevoli unità ", ma poi mi rendo conto che puoi lanciare un solo incantesimo per" nome "per round, quindi se kairos lancia correttamente l'incantesimo che il mago originale non può, che spreco,

Per fare questa lista il "tema" sono "witchfyre congrega" e "mortale"

Leaders
Fatemaster (120) 
- Artefatto: Timeslip Pendant
Gaunt Summoner e Chaos Familiars (180)
- Storia del cambiamento: Treason of Tzeentch
Magister (140)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)  
- Tratto: Forma incorporeo
- Artefatto: Lama del Cambiamento
- Sapere del destino: Infusion Arcanum

Battleline
40 x Accoliti kairici (300)                                      
- 26x Coppia di lame maledette                                              
-2x Scudo a lama maledetta e scudo arcanite                                   
- Glaives maledetto                                                        
12 x 20 accoliti kairici (160)
- 12 paia di lame infuriate
- 2x scudo lama e arcanite
- 6 guglie maledette
10 x guerrieri del caos (180)                                        
- Armi a mano e                                                     

unità scudo
1 x caos Warshrine (160)                                        

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (120)

Endless
Incells Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Vortex Balewind (40)
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
Geminidi di Uhl-Gysh (40)

Totale: 2000/2000
Extra punti di comando: 1
Alleati: 0/400
Ferite: 140

Fatemaster è uno dei pochi leader che ho trovato decente in corpo a corpo e piuttosto pieno di carri armati, bravo a catturare eroi oggettivi o facciali con l'Ogumumumum.

L'acolito kairico è il nucleo della congrega degli streghe, da quello che ho letto nessuno usa l'alleanza perché l'accolito ha colpito come la carta igienica, quindi ho pensato "perché non provare a massimizzare l'effetto per renderlo valido" quindi 60 accoliti sono 120 missili a turno che ha colpito 4+ e hanno anche un attacco in mischia decente.
Sono 40/20 perché così costa 20 punti in meno.

Il guerriero del caos è la mia terza linea di battaglia necessaria e dalla mia comprensione della regola del battaglione una terza unità di accolito non avrebbe il beneficio della congrega dei witchfyre, quindi ho optato per una linea di testa bombata da mettere di fronte all'accolito

Chaos warshrine: mentre stavo compilando la lista ho notato che la maggior parte delle unità sono mortali, quindi perché non dare loro un 6+ gratuito e un round reroll completo per salvare tutte su un'unità.

Tzaangor Illuminato: all'inizio erano le pecore nere dell'esercito, l'unica unità non mortale, ma ho ancora bisogno di loro per la congrega degli stregoni; poi ho pensato che con le loro statistiche decenti e il movimento fantastico sui dischi 2 unità di loro possono essere usate sia come distrazione corpo a corpo sia come unità di comando per catturare obiettivi che richiedono 5+ modelli, un peccato che non riesco a lucidare la loro capacità di recupero con la Warshrine.

Un'altra opzione che ho pensato sono:
- rimuovendo 3 illuminati al massimo dalla seconda unità di accolito kairico o rimuovi 3 e imposta gli altri 3 a piedi per 180 punti di bontà
- rimuovi alcuni incantesimi infiniti
- è possibile scambiare evocatore smarrito + guerriero del caos con tzaangor shaman + tzaangor (linea di battaglia) ma a quel punto è possibile rimuovere la warshrine perché non ne vale più la pena dato che il numero di mortali dell'esercito diminuisce.
- I battaglioni Arcanite Cabal e Pyrofane Cult migliorerebbero ancora di più l'accolito, ma non so se valga la pena investire il punto.
- Ally, troppe scelte che non posso valutare correttamente a causa della mia mancanza di esperienza.

Quindi spero in qualsiasi consiglio di rendere questa build migliore, specialmente l'oggetto, l'alleato ecc.
Ho trovato un po 'travolgente provare a costruire una lista con tutte le informazioni sparse tra diversi libri e faq quindi spero di non fraintendere qualcosa o utilizzare alcune informazioni obsolete.

I would unite the two units of tzaangor enlightened on disk, in one of 6, if you can even 9, and I would give the fold reality spell to one of the wizard, so that he can resurrect them.
They are a very performing and resistant unit that can keep the opponent engaged while the acolytes shoot him.

Edited by Maximum
Error

On 10/17/2018 at 12:13 PM, Atamaz said:

Hello I'm new to both the forum and the hobby, after some search on internet i found that the faction i like the most are Tzeentch and Seraphone so i come here to ask advice for the build for my first army before I go to the shop and buy the actual models.

Actually when i first looked through the warscroll of Tzeentch I've fallen into some sort of love/hate relationship, for exaple when i read Kairos warsroll i thought "wow that's amazing he can cast 2 spell a turn and know all spell of friendly wizards units", but then i realize that you can cast only one spell per "name" per round, so if kairos successfully cast the spell the original wizard can't, what a waste,

To make this list the "theme" are "witchfyre coven" and "mortal"

Leaders
Fatemaster (120) 
- Artefact: Timeslip Pendant
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Magister (140)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)  
- Trait: Incorporeal Form
- Artefact: Changeblade
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum

Battleline
40 x Kairic Acolytes (300)                                      
- 26x Pair of Cursed Blades                                              
- 12x Cursed Glaives                                                        
20 x Kairic Acolytes (160)
- 12x Pair of Cursed Blades
- 6x Cursed Glaives
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)                                        
- Hand Weapon & Shield                                                    

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)                                        

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (120)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 140

Incorporeal form is a Daemon trait, so OT can't take it. Also the gaunt summoner can pick from Daemon and mortal spell lists, but only gets one spell, not two. 

Trying to think of some more diverse lists rather than just mortal wound spam or enlightened focused list.

Would Eternal conflagration be worth considering? Especially with the Geminids spell? -2 to hit flamers/exalted flamers sound interesting but what to take as a battleline then? (i'm thinking Pinks to get some spells off and also to have a unit that has no -1, but is still not an ideal target due to splitting..)

Any thoughts?

The problem with the Eternal Conflagration is that it contains a warpflame host , so tough to fit into a standard list unless you use burning chariots as battleline (but they are awful and don't get the -1) . Tried it once but you end up with so few models on the table that no amount of -1 to hit will keep you alive past a few turns.

I imagine it'd be ok at 3k, as you could really cram in a lot of flamers at that point, but I rarely get to play at that level.

True, the problem is that warpflame host has no battleline. And after you take a lord of change with cogs and mark of the conjurer (cause why would you not) and 3 units of horrors, you only have 750pts to spend on units from warpflame host. (make that 710 if using geminids).

Slightly more pts if using the acolytes as the battleline, but then you have very little summoning potential and no horrors to swarm the enemy...

Alternatively would screamers based changehost with geminids be worth a try in order to get that -2?

Screamer don't really have the damage output to justify increasing their resilience. 

If you really want to stack to-hit modifiers, Lord of Change is the way to go. Easy access to -2 in combat (Incorporeal form and Gryph Feather/Miasmi Blade), -3 if the firer has been Geminids, good damage output and innate spell protection (the easiest way to kill a to hit modifier stacked unit).  

Hi,

I am going to face an Order Draconis army in a 1500pts game. The list will probably be two battalion with 2 drakes and 2 units of 5 dragon blades each.

I am thinking of a more deamon list with horrors to try to take the first hit and englue him while I cast all I can.  I came up with two lists and I'd like you guys to give me your thougts:

List 1:

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
- General
Herald Of Tzeentch (140)
- Staff of Change
Magister (140)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 87

List 2:

- General
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)
Magister (140)
Herald Of Tzeentch (140)
- Staff of Change
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (140)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (70)

Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 81

I don't have yet malign sorcery, so no soulsnare schackles or cogs or geminids (anyway I expect to loose first turn because of the batallions and get hit in this first turn).

Tell me what you think between both lists. I have some back ups and can adapt the list again.

True, but that would only be a single model, not half an army. And also only from combat, not universal. But yeah screamers do lack damage output i agree.

Also the problem with the above is that LoC always wants to take the mark of the conjurer, so other artefacts are less valuable, unless you take 2 lords of change..

12 minutes ago, Asimov said:

Hi,

I am going to face an Order Draconis army in a 1500pts game. The list will probably be two battalion with 2 drakes and 2 units of 5 dragon blades each.

I am thinking of a more deamon list with horrors to try to take the first hit and englue him while I cast all I can.  I came up with two lists and I'd like you guys to give me your thougts:

List 1:

- General
Herald Of Tzeentch (140)
- Staff of Change
Magister (140)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)

Wounds: 87

List 2:

- General
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)
Magister (140)
Herald Of Tzeentch (140)
- Staff of Change
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (140)

Wounds: 81

I don't have yet malign sorcery, so no soulsnare schackles or cogs or geminids (anyway I expect to loose first turn because of the batallions and get hit in this first turn).

Tell me what you think between both lists. I have some back ups and can adapt the list again.

In the second list you only seem to have 2 battleline. Also if you can take a balewind vortex (sold separately from malign sorcery), take it, because it helps the gaunt summoner a lot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, P'tarix said:

True, but that would only be a single model, not half an army. And also only from combat, not universal. But yeah screamers do lack damage output i agree.

Also the problem with the above is that LoC always wants to take the mark of the conjurer, so other artefacts are less valuable, unless you take 2 lords of change..

2 LoC wouldn't help as you can only have one general. ;)

Personally, I don't think the Mark is that good, worth at most 3 extra fate points a turn (with Cogs) but usually only 1 or 2. which means an extra many 100 points worth of summoning over the entire game (so of which will arrive too late in the game to have much impact). Usually, I'd rather have -1 to hit in combat for the LoC or Arcane Sacrifice for a mortal hero. 

22 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Personally, I don't think the Mark is that good, worth at most 3 extra fate points a turn (with Cogs) but usually only 1 or 2. which means an extra many 100 points worth of summoning over the entire game (so of which will arrive too late in the game to have much impact). Usually, I'd rather have -1 to hit in combat for the LoC or Arcane Sacrifice for a mortal hero. 

Mark of the conjurer one doesn't have to be a general, just an artefact. So he can hang out at the back casting things and summoning reinforcements, while the other one is a distraction with -something to hit.

Would need a battalion though, but there is always arcanite cult if nothing else works.

25 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I agree that there is no point in mark of the conjurer if you don't take cogs, but with cogs almost guaranteed 6 summoning points a turn for 440 pts is pretty decent.

Arcane sacrifice on the Gaunt summoner (with fams) + vortex and mark of the conjurer on Lord of Change + cogs is what i usually start the lists with. But just wanted to see if there were any other viable builds. The beastmen build seems ok, even though 200 pts for that battalion is a bit too much.

Also multitudinous host is a build that i'm going to try, but need to paint all my horrors first :D 

I'll start a compwtitive Club League next Week.

Even after the Tzaangor nerf, I can't stand away from my dead LoC and his fellas.

I've to change my pre-faq list with 60 Tzaangors and I was thinking about how replace them.

Initially, I've think to simply exchange 60 Tzaangors with 18 Enlightened on Disc but at only one week from the start of the League I want to try this.

Comments? Forecasts? Criticism?

Tzeencth2000PF (1).pdf

Edit:

- Lord Of Change: 380 pts

General, Ethereal Amulet, Magica l Supremacy (Bolt of Tzeentch)
- Tzaangor Shaman: 180 pts
(Fold Reality)
- Gaunt Summoner with Familar: 180 pts
(Shield of Fate)
- The Blue Scribes: 140 pts
(Tzeentch Firestorm)
- 10 Tzaangors: 180 pts
- 9 Tzaangor Enlightened: 420 pts
- 10 Kairic Accolytes: 80 pts
- Umbral Spellportal: 60 pts
- Geminids of Uhl-Gysh: 40 pts

2000 pti

Edited by Shaft

18 hours ago, P'tarix said:

In the second list you only seem to have 2 battleline. Also if you can take a balewind vortex (sold separately from malign sorcery), take it, because it helps the gaunt summoner a lot.

Yes your right for the second list. 

I won't probably use the increase in range of the Balewind .The Draconis knights are gonna be up in close combat in a blink. Moreover, I was thinking more wounds will help me to bubble wrap my heroes. In that direction here is another list (valid), do you guys think it can have a chance? 

- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer 
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
Herald Of Tzeentch (140)
- Staff of Change
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Magister (140)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (100)
20 x Tzaangors (360)

Wounds: 93

My plan is to hold the ground with 4 lines separated by 3"+. The blues in front take the hit, then the pinks, then the tzangors for the counter charge and finally the mages firing their ass off... 

I cant win a single Game with DoC.

I try summoning and magic heavy list..but Seraphon just summon 1500 points and me just 180.

Tzangors now are nerfed hard.

Yes, enligtered are buffed, but just one unit. 

Skyfires sucks at the moment (200points) is so much.

LoC just die like all un this game (fast) and now is 380.

I need help.guys :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Curzex said:

I cant win a single Game with DoC.

I try summoning and magic heavy list..but Seraphon just summon 1500 points and me just 180.

Tzangors now are nerfed hard.

Yes, enligtered are buffed, but just one unit. 

Skyfires sucks at the moment (200points) is so much.

LoC just die like all un this game (fast) and now is 380.

I need help.guys :(

What was your list?

If you really go 'summoning heavy' you should be able to get around 12-13 summoning points on average. 

But you don't really need to, could always just go with what is strong in the list right now - enlightened + casters and then build from there to fill the roles that fit your playstyle.

Leaders
Lord Of Change (380)
- Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer 
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (180)
- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc(280)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened (200)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 109
This is my actual list. 

On 10/22/2018 at 7:11 PM, Shaft said:

I'll start a compwtitive Club League next Week.

Even after the Tzaangor nerf, I can't stand away from my dead LoC and his fellas.

I've to change my pre-faq list with 

Edit:

- Lord Of Change: 380 pts

General, Ethereal Amulet, Magica l Supremacy (Bolt of Tzeentch)
- Tzaangor Shaman: 180 pts
(Fold Reality)
- Gaunt Summoner with Familar: 180 pts
(Shield of Fate)
- The Blue Scribes: 140 pts
(Tzeentch Firestorm)
- 9 Tzaangor Enlightened: 420 pts
- Umbral Spellportal: 60 pts
- Geminids of Uhl-Gysh: 40 pts

2000 pti

Just get a big win over DoK (60 witches and Morathi instead of the classic 90 Witches, but still a tough list).

I've got a Major victory (2 comets mission) thanks to my higher experience with my army.

The Heroes do exactly what I expect by them: tons of Mortal damage and complete control of the magic (so useful to dispell at 42")

Tzaangor Enlightened (at my own personal first try) seemed to me less resilient and poor punchy compared to the pre-nerf Tzaangors. Still they're the only close combat hammer we have, so we must try to get their best.

Really unsure 'bout the 2x10 Tzaangors units. Probably it wasn't the best match to try their new potential but, in this configuration, they seems frail and with poor offensive output.

Next week starts the league and my forecast is I will beat the less experienced opponents and will lose against the Pro Players, with this such of list. ?

Edited by Shaft

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Just get a big win over DoK (60 witches and Morathi instead of the classic 90 Witches, but still a tough list).

i believe the latest GT win was with morathi, 30 witches, 30 sisters of slaughter. Which scored better than the 90 witch list, so morathi doesn't make the list any easier to deal with for some armies. that said tzneetch against morathi is pretty easy as she has to auto transform.

Oh yeah also i was thinking of hoping over to tzneetch from my ID. Not sure about it just yet, but putting out fillers. Mainly because the list for deepkin is very.... 1 turn?? Either it's all about turn 1 or turn 3 so i want something that gets more out of the game. 

Doing some research i'm figuring out what looks good. 

Was wondering if you folks could guidge me a bit in making a list or point me at units of note.

Currently, i'm interested in a list featuring heavy summoning and magic. 

So i'm looking at units and trying to figure out what to take. 

Are pink horrors worth taking?? i guess with the arcane sacrafice the answer becomes maybe?? as you can quite start getting a good chunk of blue horrors on the field?? Otherwise they seem best left at home because it seems tough to get the blue horrors out of them other wise??

Enlightend on disc seem like the heavy hitters of the force and seem almost like the required beat stick for the army?? Sort of your horde, big thing stomping unit.

Kairic acolytes seem like your durable tank/objective grabing light shooting back up. keep your coven of wizard mildly safe from alpha strikes. 

SO my list idea for hoping back into tzneetch would be:

Lord of Change
Artifact: arcane conjuration, Spell: Bolt of change

Gaunt summoner
general: Arcane sacrafice
Spell: glimse the future

Tzangor Shaman
Spell: Fold reality

Magister
Spell: Shield of fate

10xPink Horror
10xkairic Acolytes
10xkairic acolytes
10xkairic acolytes

9x tzaangor enlightend 

umbral spell portal

cogs

+1cp

1940/2000pts

I like the idea of turn 1 army wide +2 to cast to set up the portal reliably and get cogs running. 

Edited by mmimzie

On 10/25/2018 at 6:47 AM, mmimzie said:

Oh yeah also i was thinking of hoping over to tzneetch from my ID. Not sure about it just yet, but putting out fillers. Mainly because the list for deepkin is very.... 1 turn?? Either it's all about turn 1 or turn 3 so i want something that gets more out of the game. 

Doing some research i'm figuring out what looks good. 

Was wondering if you folks could guidge me a bit in making a list or point me at units of note.

Currently, i'm interested in a list featuring heavy summoning and magic. 

So i'm looking at units and trying to figure out what to take. 

Are pink horrors worth taking?? i guess with the arcane sacrafice the answer becomes maybe?? as you can quite start getting a good chunk of blue horrors on the field?? Otherwise they seem best left at home because it seems tough to get the blue horrors out of them other wise??

Enlightend on disc seem like the heavy hitters of the force and seem almost like the required beat stick for the army?? Sort of your horde, big thing stomping unit.

Kairic acolytes seem like your durable tank/objective grabing light shooting back up. keep your coven of wizard mildly safe from alpha strikes. 

SO my list idea for hoping back into tzneetch would be:

Lord of Change
Artifact: arcane conjuration, Spell: Bolt of change

Gaunt summoner
general: Arcane sacrafice
Spell: glimse the future

Tzangor Shaman
Spell: Fold reality

Magister
Spell: Shield of fate

10xPink Horror
10xkairic Acolytes
10xkairic acolytes
10xkairic acolytes

9x tzaangor enlightend 

umbral spell portal

cogs

+1cp

1940/2000pts

I like the idea of turn 1 army wide +2 to cast to set up the portal reliably and get cogs running. 

You know that portal was nerfed to only work on 1 spell a turn in the FAQ?

I think Balewind Vortex is a much better value now. Extra range and extra spell for that summoning point is really nice.

• Like 1