AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

6 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Can someone explain the tactics for the Darkfire Daemonrift? How to position to be in range of our wizards and such?

You can cast alot of endless pell (1+ MW fo each endless) and you also have Kairic and pink also wizard (1+ MW each).

After you cast the daemonrift you dispell it with LoC ability

Edited by Terninho83

2 hours ago, Terninho83 said:

You can cast alot of endless pell (1+ MW fo each endless) and you also have Kairic and pink also wizard (1+ MW each).

After you cast the daemonrift you dispell it with LoC ability

So you somehow bunker all your wizards around where you would cast it will still being in enemy range?

11 minutes ago, Maximum said:

Question, but if I play 1 from the DD, on the horrors, do I recover them from the d6 dead horrors?

Short answer, nobody knows and it needs a FAQ.  I’m playing it yes, because that’s how I read the rules, but I would be prepared to discuss it with anyone you play.  A tournament would have their own official ruling, so ultimately this only matters for causal games, so just go with what you think is right and sort it out with your opponent by rolling a dice if they disagree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Allegiance: Chaos
Lord of Change (380)
Changecaster, Herald of Tzeentch (110)
The Blue Scribes (120)
The Changeling (120)
20 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (400)
10 x Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch (60)
Multitudinous Host (160)
Extra Command Point (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 139

Going to a 2.5K event in a few months.  Definitely more "funsies" so no Changehost.  I think the Pinks might be better 20-20-10-10?  I want them as wizards w over 20 models for the +1 for as long as possible, but if I split them up and drop a unit of Brimms I can pick up another 60 points for an endless spell.  I'm wondering if I should try to work Bridge into the list?  Thoughts on just 20-20-20 Pinks?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deadkitten said:

Allegiance: Chaos
Lord of Change (380)
Changecaster, Herald of Tzeentch (110)
The Blue Scribes (120)
The Changeling (120)
Multitudinous Host (160)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2500 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 139

Going to a 2.5K event in a few months.  Definitely more "funsies" so no Changehost.  I think the Pinks might be better 20-20-10-10?  I want them as wizards w over 20 models for the +1 for as long as possible, but if I split them up and drop a unit of Brimms I can pick up another 60 points for an endless spell.  I'm wondering if I should try to work Bridge into the list?  Thoughts on just 20-20-20 Pinks?

in my similar 2k list I snucked in a pendulum for a turn 1 shananigans, generating averagely 28 blues to be' brought back via lifeswarm, DD 1 on BS and the batallion ability. seen the great amount of wizards and endlesses, darkfire demonrift is a must too imo

4 hours ago, Paniere said:

I snucked

You've just opened a portal to the Chaos Wastes.

I'm not a native speaker but this is funny because I once saw Jennifer Garner argue with Conan O'Brien about the correct past tense of "sneak" - it's actually either sneaked or snuck, whereas sneaked used to be the correct past tense and snuck is now the most common way for the past tense. Excuse me! 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Allegiance: Tzeentch
- Change Coven: Hosts Arcanum
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- General
- Trait: Spell Hunters
- Artefact: The Fanged Circlet
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Great-Bray Shaman (100)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
9 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (540)
Phantasmagoria of Fate (200)
Wildfire Taurus (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 119

Hey all! 

Been thinking about building a Phantasmagoria list just cause i think it would be funny to play something fast and hard hitting. 

I want a list that i could go 4-1 with if played well. Do you guys think this list would be able to do it or do i have to change some stuff? :)

Thought process is you get the taurus out there to protect you from losing turn roll, taurus negates the opponents strongest units being able to kill your enlightened since they fight last. Taurus also gives me a fair chance against slaanesh aswell and is good against OBR with their blobs of mortek. 

Use geminids and arcane suggestion to give a unit -2 to hit and -1 to wound so you can sasfely get your guided by the past with one of your enlightened units. (Could swap geminids for another 10 ungors for more screening and objective holders).

Host arcanum cause you get free unbinds in round 1,3,5, free summon of 6 screamers and the 6" pre game move for d3 units. This could possibly make your enlightened able to move 25" first turn if you wish to alphastrike or get your wizards in range of spells first turn. 

Not sure about the second artefact, word is here in sweden we might see less and less of realm artefacts so i dont wan't the list to be dependent on one. 

Any tips or flame are welcome :D

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Maximum said:

Question, but if I play 1 from the DD, on the horrors, do I recover them from the d6 dead horrors?

The crux of the issue around this question is a misunderstanding of what “unmodified” means in age of sigmar. Games Workshop has consistently used that term to mean “after re-rolls, but before modifiers”. Some warscrolls (such as the witch aelves’ bladed buckler rule) still have those words in parenthesis after the word “unmodified”, so we can pretty clearly accept that as their definition of what unmodified means.

If you (erroneously) assume that “unmodified” means “unable to be modified” or “unmodifiable “ (neither of which Games Workshop has ever used it to mean) then you would be right to conclude that a destiny dice of 1 cannot proc the return horrors or stop battleshock ability, as per the FAQ, a save destiny dice are no longer unmodifiable when used for battleshock or saves.

This is not relevant to the pink horror ability, however. That ability asks you to check what the “unmodified” roll is. So after you have re-rolled all of your battleshock dice (some icons or horn blowers do require this) but *before* you apply the battleshock modifier from how many models were lost, you check to see what the actual number on the dice is. If it’s a 1, the horror ability procs, regardless of whether that dice was a destiny die or a normal one.

In case anyone hasn’t been following the Tzeentch competitive scene as of late, the reason why the destiny dice needed an FAQ is because previously they could not be modified at all. This resulted in some people (correctly, according to the rules) saying “ok I lost 43 horrors this turn, I’m going to use a 4 on my destiny dice and I pass morale because my bravery is 10 and 4 is less than 10. This works because destiny dice cannot be modified”. Now that no longer works, thankfully.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Naprapaten said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
Great-Bray Shaman (100)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
Wildfire Taurus (80)

Hey all! 

Been thinking about building a Phantasmagoria list just cause i think it would be funny to play something fast and hard hitting. 

I want a list that i could go 4-1 with if played well. Do you guys think this list would be able to do it or do i have to change some stuff? :)

Thought process is you get the taurus out there to protect you from losing turn roll, taurus negates the opponents strongest units being able to kill your enlightened since they fight last. Taurus also gives me a fair chance against slaanesh aswell and is good against OBR with their blobs of mortek. 

Use geminids and arcane suggestion to give a unit -2 to hit and -1 to wound so you can sasfely get your guided by the past with one of your enlightened units. (Could swap geminids for another 10 ungors for more screening and objective holders).

Host arcanum cause you get free unbinds in round 1,3,5, free summon of 6 screamers and the 6" pre game move for d3 units. This could possibly make your enlightened able to move 25" first turn if you wish to alphastrike or get your wizards in range of spells first turn. 

Not sure about the second artefact, word is here in sweden we might see less and less of realm artefacts so i dont wan't the list to be dependent on one. 

I love this list idea. I'm curious how it would play out against some of the boogie armies out there.

On 2/8/2020 at 2:40 PM, Naprapaten said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
Great-Bray Shaman (100)
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
10 x Ungors (60)
- Mauls & Half-Shields
Wildfire Taurus (80)

Hey all! 

Does the great bray shaman get a lore spell cos he gains the tzeentch keyword?

Afternoon Cultists,

I played an almost exact mirror match over the weekend, it may well have been the best games I've ever played but my god do we play slow. Tzaangors specifically take ages to rollout with all their different  weapon profiles. We managed to get to the end of turn two after nearly 3 hours then had to theory out the rest of the game after seeing who won turn 3 priority.

What I actually wanted to ask was how everyone is playing the Cult of the Transient form with its command ability on a unit of Acolytes, where if they die in combat they can potentially fight and even become Tzaangor.

+++ MOD HAT +++ Edit: Please do not post up photos of battletomes on TGA!

We had different interpretations of how this works out so wanted to see what you all think, I'll do two examples, both with a unit of 10 acolytes where say 5 have been killed in combat and a unit of Tzaangor is within 9" behind them:

1. You roll a dice for each of the 5 slain Acolyte and the command ability has given each individual roll a plus 1, so the roll of 2-5 to let them fight before removal has become 1-4 and the roll of 6 to add a Tzaangor to the nearby unit has become a 5-6

2. You cumulatively add the 5 plus 1s to the roll so the Acolytes turn into Tzaangor essentially automatically.

We both could see why either interpretation could be correct in the game we played so rolled for it but it'd be nice having an idea of what the community thinks.

On 2/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, Drachenbibbles said:

Afternoon Cultists,

I played an almost exact mirror match over the weekend, it may well have been the best games I've ever played but my god do we play slow. Tzaangors specifically take ages to rollout with all their different  weapon profiles. We managed to get to the end of turn two after nearly 3 hours then had to theory out the rest of the game after seeing who won turn 3 priority.

What I actually wanted to ask was how everyone is playing the Cult of the Transient form with its command ability on a unit of Acolytes, where if they die in combat they can potentially fight and even become Tzaangor.

We had different interpretations of how this works out so wanted to see what you all think, I'll do two examples, both with a unit of 10 acolytes where say 5 have been killed in combat and a unit of Tzaangor is within 9" behind them:

1. You roll a dice for each of the 5 slain Acolyte and the command ability has given each individual roll a plus 1, so the roll of 2-5 to let them fight before removal has become 1-4 and the roll of 6 to add a Tzaangor to the nearby unit has become a 5-6

2. You cumulatively add the 5 plus 1s to the roll so the Acolytes turn into Tzaangor essentially automatically.

We both could see why either interpretation could be correct in the game we played so rolled for it but it'd be nice having an idea of what the community thinks.

I would say it stacks, personally. It says "each time" an Acolyte dies, add 1 to the roll. So if you lost 5 models, it's an auto pass. 

As a side note, this Coven looks really fun to play. I need to get more Acolytes/Tzaangors to try it out fully lol

2 hours ago, LordPrometheus said:

I would say it stacks, personally. It says "each time" an Acolyte dies, add 1 to the roll. So if you lost 5 models, it's an auto pass. 

As a side note, this Coven looks really fun to play. I need to get more Acolytes/Tzaangors to try it out fully lol

I would say it is just a flat one extra per roll (so no stacking), at least that’s how we have interpreted it.

• Like 3

Afternoon Cultists,

Afternoon Cultists,

snip

It certainly doesn’t help that GW uses “dice” for both the singular and plural.  Although if they meant “multiple” the following probably would have said “dice rolls” instead of “dice roll.”

On 2/7/2020 at 6:49 AM, Grotruk said:
Hi all

I'm hesitating between this 2 guild of summoners lists

List 1:
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
- General
- Trait: Prophet of the Ostensible
- Artefact: Brimstone Familiar
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
The Changeling (120)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (360)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Darkfire Daemonrift (50)
Tome of Eyes (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 91

List 2:
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Ogroid Thaumaturge (160)
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
20 x Tzaangors (360)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Darkfire Daemonrift (50)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)
Soulsnare Shackles (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 97

What do you think about these ?

I think they're both strong and great! Right now whilst we can, I'm all about the double spam of the gaunt Summoner. He is great value for what he does.

For the first list, I'd say this one packs a lot of fun especially with those Tzaangor EOD as these will chop sui most things, BUT you need to back them with the Shaman to really get the most out of them, so I'd look to drop one of the heros and a cheaper endless spell to get him in?

For the second list, drop the suffocating grave to get the extra 20 points and change a Gaunty Boi on foot to be the one on disc! youll need his mobility I reckon but also he can puke out those pinks and then also summon in more things wherever he is on the board... like those screamers!

Hope this helps!

12 hours ago, Drachenbibbles said:

I had literally this same argument with my friend, and then started a rules thread with this question. Consesus seems to be totally missing with about 50% of people going either way.

22 minutes ago, Frowny said:

I had literally this same argument with my friend, and then started a rules thread with this question. Consesus seems to be totally missing with about 50% of people going either way.

Of course...

Is there anything else in AoS that stacks like this?  Absent some core game philosophy statements, an analog is the next best thing.