AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Spoiler
9 hours ago, kleinemade said:

Yeah you are right, you cant use the DD for an effect of an Fold reality but for and Damage roll of an cast or i am wrong here?

image.png.ebcf0e8762866cf89b8d985c04205bb2.png

As @Magnus The Blue said, it's in the Tzeentch errata:

"Page 74 – Battle Traits, Masters of Destiny Change the Damage roll bullet point to:

• Damage roll (e.g. any roll that determines a Damage characteristic, but not any roll that determines the number of mortal wounds inflicted by a spell or ability)’ " - Tzeentch Errata July 2018

Edited by Drib

13 hours ago, Fenomeen said:

I'm thinking of buying a box of tzaangors and converting them to 9 enlightends and 1 shaman. Has anybody tried this before?

Yeat it works just fine. I already made 5 enlightnends on foot with tzaangors body and bits from skiesleftovers

12 hours ago, MattyP said:

What's a good 500 pt  list? Was thinking GS  w/familiars , pinks, or acolytes??, Maybe proud of magisterial as well?

500 is tough for Tzeentch IMO as we really need a certain amount of points to get enough wizards and strong units in there. GS is pretty much mandatory. Pinks are good too but you'd need something CC oriented as well (unless you play against lots of squishy stuff). Pinks and Acolytes are almost useless in CC, so maybe a unit of Tzaangors would be your best option for the second battleline (or Chaos warriors in case you wanna be very defensive but IMO they're pretty unsatisfactory compared to similar units).

So, had a thought......a while ago GW  posted a pic on their aos  Instagram account of an air battle of Tzeentch vs KO.....and they later posted pics of both armies seperately......it occurred to me that they could do a box of Tzeentch vs KO and make aerial battle themed for each army's release....thoughts?

51 minutes ago, MattyP said:

So, had a thought......a while ago GW  posted a pic on their aos  Instagram account of an air battle of Tzeentch vs KO.....and they later posted pics of both armies seperately......it occurred to me that they could do a box of Tzeentch vs KO and make aerial battle themed for each army's release....thoughts?

It never crossed my mind until now but I hope you are right. I would buy that immediately.   Both armies need updates badly. 

6 minutes ago, BarbecueGamer said:

Both armies need updates badly. 

KO definitly does... tzneetch eh?

We definitly could do with an update to bring our wizards in line with being the best in the game (as they should be). However, we have aleast one viable build and some really food units. We constantly make top 10nat tournaments. 

I think what we need is endless spells and more spells on some of wizards. Not so much to make us better, but to bring the army in line with its lore.

Regarding updates: We could use some durable battleline unit that isn't outclassed by similar ones (like new Chaos Warriors/Chosen with a tiny buff - which might be coming) as else we simply have to play and hide behind lots of horrors for all of eternity :D. I hope the new StD battletome will give them (and us) some new options.

I think some of our wizards could use a slight point reduction. Especially those with a single spell that is not very good - when I look at other stuff you can get for half their cost in other battletomes they feel kinda expensive. Plus - if nothing changes - I feel like Tzeentch needs more points for heroes than most other armies as we totally rely on our spells for damage so our army is always a bit small and feeble. 

Also not sure if 380 points for the LoC isn't too much. I don't field mine often so my impression might very well be wrong (as all of my assumptions - our group usually goes for deathmatches instead of objective play (where Tzeentch might be way stronger in my mind).

What I'd personally like to see would be more close combat oriented characters - back when I started Tzeentch Lords were great in close combat (top tier like all Chaos Lords) AND good at casting spells. Curseling and Ogroid are kinda there but I'd like even more. (I'm greedy)

I hope we get a plastic Curseling and some fun spells when our update hits. 

I'm afraid of Enlightened becoming way more expensive though - right now they're the only unit that is fun to fight with, I don't wanna lose that. Chaos Warriors survive but don't do much, Kairics are useless, Pinks are mostly good for their spells and being walls ... so my Enlightened are the only thing that kills stuff. But that might just be my personal problem as Karics and pinks would do way more if they didn't always have to shoot stuff with lots of wounds and good saves.

Just think our wizards need to be brought in line with the rest of the game, both in bonuses to cast and number of spells they can cast. Skaven get 2 spells for 120pts and once per hero phase can throw 3 dice pick the highest, but on a 13 die and cat the spell with out fail or unbind. 

LoC could use an extra spell slot.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Right now heavy spellcasting lists seem, to say the least, not rewarding to play. Magic is fun and all, but (in comparison to e.g. shooting) has just too much limitations (high casting value, potential unbinding, 18” range at best and before you move) and forces you to spend more and more points on endless spells, making your wizards even more overcosted – Gaunt and Familiars without Balewind Vortex? LoC or Kairos without Spellportal? Keeping in mind their feebleness and almost no combat potential all you can do is to screen them hard and hope they would survive till your hero phase. And that your opponent haven't fielded any Knight-Incantors with their damned scrolls making your essential casts an overcosted failure :) .

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Quarmiel said:

Right now heavy spellcasting lists seem, to say the least, not rewarding to play. Magic is fun and all, but (in comparison to e.g. shooting) has just too much limitations (high casting value, potential unbinding, 18” range at best and before you move) and forces you to spend more and more points on endless spells, making your wizards even more overcosted – Gaunt and Familiars without Balewind Vortex? LoC or Kairos without Spellportal? Keeping in mind their feebleness and almost no combat potential all you can do is to screen them hard and hope they would survive till your hero phase. And that your opponent haven't fielded any Knight-Incantors with their damned scrolls making your essential casts an overcosted failure :) .

This! Unfortunately :/

And in Heavy spellcasting tzeentch is outclassed by a lot of other armies.

but we had so much utility with the old horror splitting that things were ridiculous. I miss that time. I want my utility, my tricks, my shenanigans back. Not necessarily 4d6 dmg spells and stuff like that but more tools in our ever changing and mind twisting toolbox 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quarmiel said:

Right now heavy spellcasting lists seem, to say the least, not rewarding to play. Magic is fun and all, but (in comparison to e.g. shooting) has just too much limitations (high casting value, potential unbinding, 18” range at best and before you move) and forces you to spend more and more points on endless spells, making your wizards even more overcosted – Gaunt and Familiars without Balewind Vortex? LoC or Kairos without Spellportal? Keeping in mind their feebleness and almost no combat potential all you can do is to screen them hard and hope they would survive till your hero phase. And that your opponent haven't fielded any Knight-Incantors with their damned scrolls making your essential casts an overcosted failure .

This! Unfortunately

And in Heavy spellcasting tzeentch is outclassed by a lot of other armies.

but we had so much utility with the old horror splitting that things were ridiculous. I miss that time. I want my utility, my tricks, my shenanigans back. Not necessarily 4d6 dmg spells and stuff like that but more tools in our ever changing and mind twisting toolbox 😀

I hope incoming (sooner or later) update will cover this mind twisting toolbox 😀.  Tzeentch should be THE army of magic and I'm pretty sure most people here decided to give Tzeentch a try because of it.

With all these issues in mind I still play only magic-heavy lists and, even when losing, I enjoy it a lot. Our time will come 😀.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Quarmiel said:

I hope incoming (sooner or later) update will cover this mind twisting toolbox 😀.  Tzeentch should be THE army of magic and I'm pretty sure most people here decided to give Tzeentch a try because of it.

With all these issues in mind I still play only magic-heavy lists and, even when losing, I enjoy it a lot. Our time will come 😀.

I took Tzeentch because of it being THE magic army too.  I would only like to live up to that. I think we lack behind other wizards per point costs just a little bit. 

What are you liking right now for a magic heavy list? 

I took Tzeentch because of it being THE magic army too.  I would only like to live up to that. I think we lack behind other wizards per point costs just a little bit. 

What are you liking right now for a magic heavy list? 

Gaunt Summoner with Familiars as a general standing on Vortex, equipped with Gryph-feather Charm and using Arcane Sacrifice on Pink Horrors is always there for me. Lately I experiment with The Changeling casting Aethervoid Pendulum on high priority targets and then summoning a bunch of Blue Horrors. Fun and confusing, but a bit costly. LoC or Kairos with Umbral Spellportal to nuke or block something with a spawn. And two units of Pinks to fuel summoning.

Well they are the core of my lists, completed with a mix of Ogroid, Blue Scribes, Curseling, Magister, Daemon Prince, Tzaangor Enlightened or basic Tzaangors. I would gladly field few Flamers, Chariots or Screamers, but they feel useless, especially against armies with good saves – with whom I tend to play regularly.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:35 AM, Quarmiel said:

I disagree , I finished 13th at southcoast GT with a magic heavy (inc 220pts of endless) list. I think I had 5th WORST kill points aswell as it’s best at picking out key components of your opponents list. There’s plenty of potential to do lots of damage with spells but you have to prioritise and focus units. Tzeentch is in a better place right now then people give it credit for, just takes a little bit of effort to get the most out of it