AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Now I really need to think about what I want to do with my DoT, Have a fairly large selection.

2x LoC
1x Herald on Disk
1x Herald on Foot
1x Changeling
1x Magister
1x Gaunt Summoner (I still miss you familiars)
1x Ogroid
2x Tzangor Shaman

20x Pinks
30x Blues + Brims
20x Tzangors
40x Acolytes
9x Skyfires
3x Enlightened on Disk
9x Flamers
6x Screamers
2x Chariots
1x Vortex Beast

Curseling seems like something I might want to pick up. Completely stumped on list building and covens at this point though. Thats going to take some time.

Edited by AverageBoss

26 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Ya. Screamers still completely lack a role. And I still think the LoC is far too expensive for the modern game state. But all 3 Flamers look to be much better (still waiting on a way to buy exalteds on their own though, without having to but the whole chariot) in addition to the KAs.

honestly i'm pretty on the lord of change, but if you want just run guild of summoners and summon 2 for nothing. 

LoC has always been great in the army and can really boost your spell out put. With better change host just letting you teleport units you are in pretty good shape.  But now he just eats endless spells where ever during your hero phase with no cost to your spell out put. This means you can play endless spells with impunity. 

Honestly thinking of figure out a 3 LoC list with 1 on the table and getting 2 more with guild of summoners. Then maybe mixing in some more endless spells where possible

Edit: this in change host seems pretty cool  as they can teleport where ever for free, set up endless spell that you can immediately or later pick up with your lord of change(s).  

You'll have a better buffs from your lord of change in guild of summoners as well as every turn on a 4+ you get more CP meaning you could get up to +3 to cast on your pinks.  With each pink squad being effectively 50 wounds it actually an insanely durable list depending on how much of what you end up beable to fit in. 

Edited by mmimzie

38 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Well, @Sinfullyvannila Turned out I was right on the money about changes to the Tzaangors Eh? I wish I hadn't been, because they got nerfed pretty hard. 

Yeah I know. It’s almost as if they were fine the way they were and that it was a terrible idea to change them in even the most marginal way.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

Hmmm. Thinking

Gaunt Summoner
Ogroid
Magister
Changeling
Tzangor Shaman
10x Acolytes
10x Acolytes
20x Tzaangors

as a base. So still 650 points to work with. Dont think I will be using my Skyfires or Enlightened too much sadly. With the loss in synergies, Enlightened could have stayed where they were and Skyfires could have dropped 20-30 points imo.

22 minutes ago, Bregor said:

Ok, who’s the Arcanite player at GW who pissed off the guy who wrote the new book? Cause holy ****** what a shellacking. 

???

Acolytes got a huge buff

Tzaangors (on foot) are almost as strong as they were when they were broken when you use the hidden agenda

Magisters are insanely good

Gaunt Summoner got a big buff

Thamaturge got a price drop

Its literally just the Disc guys that got nerfed.

2 minutes ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

Sorcerer on Manticore replaced Gaunt Summoner as our Horde Clearer now.

Is it worth taking over the Gaunt Summoner though, with the 10 free pinks though? Taking both is so expensive so I think we have to choose one.

Edited by Neffelo

42 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Honestly thinking of figure out a 3 LoC list with 1 on the table and getting 2 more with guild of summoners. Then maybe mixing in some more endless spells where possible

Been considering Tzeentch but wanted to get the scrolls and tome in my hands to analyze stuff before settling... but oh man, I really think what you're proposing with the Changehost + Guild is wonderful. Luckily the Horrors are simple to paint. I could easily see a list running at least 3x20 Horrors (or MSU's of 10) and filling the remainder with with have you. Maybe Flamers, Screamers and heros?

Loving it so far.

5 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Been considering Tzeentch but wanted to get the scrolls and tome in my hands to analyze stuff before settling... but oh man, I really think what you're proposing with the Changehost + Guild is wonderful. Luckily the Horrors are simple to paint. I could easily see a list running at least 3x20 Horrors (or MSU's of 10) and filling the remainder with with have you. Maybe Flamers, Screamers and heros?

Loving it so far.

3×20 Pinks is effectively 300 wounds lol wtf

12 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Loving it so far.

I'm thinking you'll want to max out your change host loading up in horror hero's is the way to go to make room for endless spells which you'll need to increase the LoC usefulness.

Flamers and screamers can also be used to make way for endless spells.

Only change host downside is your really pressing yourself to get 9 spells out a turn. While you'll have +2-4 on everything  a few fella and you'll fall short of 9 spells in your first hero phase. 

Edited by mmimzie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

3×20 Pinks is effectively 300 wounds lol wtf

So, is it 1:1 Pinks to Blues and then 1:2 Blues to Brimstone? I thought they were all 1:1 splits, meaning it would be 180 Wounds (60 Wounds per 20) and not 300 (or 80 Wounds per 20).

If it's the latter and you can use Changehost to teleport them anywhere and also potentially completely an Agenda to make a unit count as 2 models... my god.

2 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

So, is it 1:1 Pinks to Blues and then 1:2 Blues to Brimstone? I thought they were all 1:1 splits, meaning it would be 180 Wounds (60 Wounds per 20) and not 300 (or 80 Wounds per 20).

If it's the latter and you can use Changehost to teleport them anywhere and also potentially completely an Agenda to make a unit count as 2 models... my god.

1 pink spawns 2 blues. 1 blue spawns 1 brim (because there are 2 brims on one base).

3 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

1 pink spawns 2 blues. 

Ah, I gotcha... man, that's nuts. I think I'll be trading away my CoS for Tzeentch. I wasn't into to starting another horde army after Skaven but this looks way to fun\unique\competitive not to.

Really can't wait to see what people find effective in tournaments, but I'm really feeling the Horror spam Changehost lists under Guild to be something we see a lot of.

40 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Is it worth taking over the Gaunt Summoner though, with the 10 free pinks though? Taking both is so expensive so I think we have to choose one.

Yeah I think so. Some of our other heroes got much cheaper(Scribes, Magisters, Heralds and Ogroid and Shaman got marginally cheaper). So it’s probably just pre-epmting the LoC, which you can get if you do Guild of Summoners, or Kairos.

We probably won’t need Cogs in our lists anymore Gaunts can now be our “cheap” extra casts. We just have to use Acolytes for our battleline now instead, and they are actually worth it at 100 now.

16 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Thought it was 1 pink = 2 blues

From the review spoilers, DoT is more of a sidegrade/streamline of most rules rather than "X rule is now Y rule". Not that it's a bad thing imo, you don't want people on a forum complaining about your army for months on end now!

Other than the Horrors of Tzeentch thing though. I'm sure that might be a hot topic for a long while.

13 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Thought it was 1 pink = 2 blues

I couldn't read the text and didn't recall GMG saying what the numbers were. I assumed it was all 1:1 as each box contains 10 of each but.. not anything GW cares about of course. It would mean we would end up with a ton of spare Brims in that case which I don't like.

That's a good bit of cash though as I would need 6 Pink boxes and 12  boxes of Blues on top of the other stuff (like 3 LoC's). I've never been more thankful for local guys giving huge discounts 😅

• Like 1