AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

22 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

One thing I would like to see is for more "signature" style spells that we can cast more than once. Bolt of Tzeentch for example.

I also am hoping Kairos gets a major revamp on his scroll. 

You can’t cast Bolt of Tzeentch twice per turn in matched play.

I’d actually run Kairos as-is in Guild of Summoners. What kind of revamp are you looking for?

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

1 hour ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

You can’t cast Bolt of Tzeentch twice per turn in matched play.

I’d actually run Kairos as-is in Guild of Summoners. What kind of revamp are you looking for?

Yeah? That's kind of the point of my  post to be able to cast more than once...

EDIT: Upon re-reading my post I can see how it could be otherwise interpreted, but I figured the context was enough.  I want Bolt of Tzeentch to become a signature style spell and be able to cast it more than once. 

Edited by Neffelo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, decker_cky said:

I am doubtful that both Fold Reality will remain and disc riders will still gain daemon. I think it is quite likely that a new keyword "DISC OF TZEENTCH" is added to mortal disc riders instead of "DAEMON".

I would be surprised if foot tzaangors did not change (they should get a simplified warscroll like plague monks and ardboyz), so I don't see why disc riding tzaangors should be considered sacred. 

Honestly fold + new Pink's would be ridiculous. That like +35 wounds to a unit. 

Honestly think the spell will be scrapped, but the new locus and pink splitting are great trade off, and that combine with gaunt summoners that come pre packed with free units of Pink's makes the Pink's quite strong.

A gaunt near the line summons a unit of Pink's that can be placed within 9" and then cast from there is a very powerful first move, and sort of turn the gaunt summoner into a peuedo tricaster for 260. 

1 hour ago, mmimzie said:

Honestly fold + new Pink's would be ridiculous. That like +35 wounds to a unit. 

Honestly think the spell will be scrapped, but the new locus and pink splitting are great trade off, and that combine with gaunt summoners that come pre packed with free units of Pink's makes the Pink's quite strong.

A gaunt near the line summons a unit of Pink's that can be placed within 9" and then cast from there is a very powerful first move, and sort of turn the gaunt summoner into a peuedo tricaster for 260. 

Although it uses a cast that turn and doesnt look like it counts as  a spell. I would imagine the pinks wont have +1 to cast anymore either.

The Horror spam is going to be nuts. People are freaking out of cheap LoC summoning but id rather pump out a free 50 wound unit. And if those Horrors are part of that flame subfaction they all get -1 rend to their ranged attacks making them even more valuable. 

Im excited for Acolytes to become wizards too.

All this cool stuff will cost a lot of points im guessing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

The Horror spam is going to be nuts. People are freaking out of cheap LoC summoning but id rather pump out a free 50 wound unit. And if those Horrors are part of that flame subfaction they all get -1 rend to their ranged attacks making them even more valuable. 

Im excited for Acolytes to become wizards too.

All this cool stuff will cost a lot of points im guessing

In a vacuum the changes to Acolytes makes them worse. Rend only maths favorably to Hit when the damage is greater than 1.

What they became useful towards is generating extra fate points.

1 hour ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

In a vacuum the changes to Acolytes makes them worse. Rend only maths favorably to Hit when the damage is greater than 1.

We don't know yet the full extent of their warscroll changes. Maybe they now have 4+ hit with shooting by default. Maybe they can cast other spells than the one in their warscroll. Maybe they have 2 ranged attacks each or 2 melee attacks. This one was just short preview where they showcased the most important change to acolytes. Same with how pink summoning works, they just gave the baseline to how the rule works, we don't know full details yet.

Edited by angrycontra

7 hours ago, mmimzie said:

But the summoned Pinks have to wait one turn to cast. The big bonus I found when testing it was to be able to move in the subsequent phase, as they are summoned during the hero phase.

Nevertheless it is strong. I am still not sure if it is such an advantage for competitive list, as it basically is 100 points mark up you have to take and that unit of Pink does not count as battleline. but summoning mechanic during the hero phase mitght be enough to compensate. 

1 minute ago, Dreadmund said:

What makes you think that? They are summoned at the start of the hero phase. Spellcasting takes place afterwards, so they can cast a spell.

I take it from the gaunt summoner on disc warscroll: the unit summoned  casts one spell less this phase (not direct quote from english, but you get the idea) 

So it prevents to cast anything the turn they arrive. 

1 minute ago, Asimov said:

I take it from the gaunt summoner on disc warscroll: the unit summoned  casts one spell less this phase (not direct quote from english, but you get the idea) 

Ahh I see the confusion. No, it's the gaunt summoner who loses a spellcast that turn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asimov said:

LATE.....

No the gaunt is 1 spell short.👍

Edited by Gesundheit
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

Not sure how making them wizards makes them worse. And I was speaking about the subfaction that gives Horrors and Flamers rend. Summoning a ****** load of them will give a high volume of ranged rend in a army that had none. 

11 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Not sure how making them wizards makes them worse. And I was speaking about the subfaction that gives Horrors and Flamers rend. Summoning a ****** load of them will give a high volume of ranged rend in a army that had none. 

The rule that makes them a wizard currently gives them a +1 to hit modifier. So unless the warscroll is further changed, you’re trading stronger offensive stat that is passive, for an opportunity to buff a weaker stat. I’m also operating under the assumption that, like other units that are wizards conditional to model number, they will only have access to their warscroll spell.

The subfaction is irrelevant to KA’s abilities. They can only buff other KAs and they don’t get the bonus to Rend for the subfaction; they’re attacks are Sorcerous Bolts, not any of the specific attacks listed.

1 hour ago, Asimov said:

But the summoned Pinks have to wait one turn to cast. The big bonus I found when testing it was to be able to move in the subsequent phase, as they are summoned during the hero phase.

Nevertheless it is strong. I am still not sure if it is such an advantage for competitive list, as it basically is 100 points mark up you have to take and that unit of Pink does not count as battleline. but summoning mechanic during the hero phase mitght be enough to compensate. 

The ability to slap down an emergency 50 wound unit cant be overlooked. But at 260pts DiscGaunt isnt cheap and he doesnt have the Arcanite keyword which could be an issue for abilities, spells, and battalions. Maybe they will give him the keyword later but his warscroll was updated so recently so maybe not.

30 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

The ability to slap down an emergency 50 wound unit cant be overlooked. But at 260pts DiscGaunt isnt cheap and he doesnt have the Arcanite keyword which could be an issue for abilities, spells, and battalions. Maybe they will give him the keyword later but his warscroll was updated so recently so maybe not.

This has never held him back before.

260 is rather cheap when you consider he starts as a 2 spell wizard with a free range bonus trick, and later is a 3 spell wizard, and flocks in at about 56 wounds that can split appart and do separate things.

Plus he has the daemon keyword in slaves to darkness getting him -2 to be hit with look out sir and locus 

He ain't cheap for sure, but I think a one of is going to be a strong take in about any list. 

On another note with feather charm the LoC with locus should be at -2 to hit as well. 

Honestly I'm mostly excited to summon multiple LoCs.