AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

18 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

Hmm well I’ll have to tell my two KHORNE playing buddies about that. One of them told the other that he couldn’t play the Chaos Sorcerer Lord on  Manticore in a KHORNE Army and the other confirmed it.

This is correct, in that the Sorcerer Lord on Manticore can't take the Khorne keyword. It can, however, be taken as an allied Slaves to Darkness unit - as long as they give it a keyword that isn't Slaanesh.

I reckon in the past there was some old rule (I think it was for 40k armies of World Eatyers) about Khorne armies not allowing psykers. Maybe that's where they got it. Or that old rule about not being possible to give the Mark of Khorne to psykers/wizards. But, as many other have told you, you can take a non-slaaneshi-Sorcerer as an ally. It's even fluffy.

2 hours ago, Prometheo567 said:

I reckon in the past there was some old rule (I think it was for 40k armies of World Eatyers) about Khorne armies not allowing psykers. Maybe that's where they got it. Or that old rule about not being possible to give the Mark of Khorne to psykers/wizards. But, as many other have told you, you can take a non-slaaneshi-Sorcerer as an ally. It's even fluffy.

I don’t understand how it’s not readily apparent that I understand that now. I literally ended up contacting my Khorne buddies to explain this to them.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

10 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

I don’t understand how it’s not readily apparent that I understand that now. I literally ended up contacting my Khorne buddies to explain this to them.

I was just trying to give some context and maybe helping. Apologize me if I was redundant or condescending; that was not my intention.

Hi guys, I'm originally an IJ player and with the new update coming up, I am looking to fulfil the desires of the changer of ways and play Tzeentch. Where could I find some inspirations to create lists, etc? Both competitive and "cool" fun to play thematic lists. I've been following the thread for a few days now and I was wondering where I could find some lists, or at least around what pages of the thread? :)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

Hi guys, I'm originally an IJ player and with the new update coming up, I am looking to fulfil the desires of the changer of ways and play Tzeentch. Where could I find some inspirations to create lists, etc? Both competitive and "cool" fun to play thematic lists. I've been following the thread for a few days now and I was wondering where I could find some lists, or at least around what pages of the thread? :)

We're about to get a new battletome on preorder on Saturday so there is not much point looking at lists until the dust settles from that release. 

Anyway though, welcome to the change club! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

We're about to get a new battletome on preorder on Saturday so there is not much point looking at lists until the dust settles from that release. 

Anyway though, welcome to the change club! 

I was looking to buy one or two start collecting boxes for the pink horrors and get the new dual box set with the enlightened and skyfires with the new Magister. Does that sound fair? It's so damn cool to have a lot of options. In IJ I had 3 units choices :)

saw the community article about the pre order and all the new stuff. Excited, but at the same time cautiously optimistic lol. I was hoping for terrain just to have more tzeentchy stuff to paint, not necessarily for tactics.  all in all looks very good to me. the dice was a surprise.

3 hours ago, DarrinTheOccult said:

So, what do you think new endless spells will do? I bet the book improves our casting rolls or so

The Simulacrum is probably going to be a straightforward damage spell. Maybe something like the Daemonrift where it gets buffed by a nearby wizard.

The Icon is described as “flesh warping” since the Simulacrum is going to have a damage component; my guess is that the Icon is going to convert enemy models that died from a different source of Mortal wounds into either Tzaangors or Chaos Spawn.

Lots of possibilities for the tome. I’m going for a bold guess though and say it’s going to let you access different lore spells from what you designated beforehand.

28 minutes ago, The_Dudemeister said:

Am I seeing this right, the Changeling getting 2 casts and denies? And he can cast the spells from enemy wizard's warscrolls? Also 3 attacks instead of one. ☺️e49c69a8.jpg

That’d be nice. He’s about 30 points overcosted at the moment. Looks like he also debuffs hit rolls in addition to lowering move as well. Double down with the Geminids and he may actually survive the first turn.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila
  • Like 2

So the changeling no longer blends in with the enemy making him vulnerable from the get go. Also, you set him up at the end of your first movement phase now, meaning that if you do set him up in enemy territory he doesn't get to cast spells that turn.

Seems like he has been made more flexible. Now you have to choose before turn 1 if you want to/are going to be able to use him as a deepstrike summoning beacon, a deepstrike melee assassin or have him hang back and just be a regular 2 cast wizard. You can no  longer use him as a deepstrike endless spell caster.

6 minutes ago, Prometheo567 said:

To me, the fact that none of the armies army was shown with a terrain piece actually gives me hope that they simply haven't shown said pieces in the article. 

I'm hoping for that as well, but I was specifically talking about why some armies in the game just don't get terrain at all. It's a huge buff, and if you're going to give it to some of them, why not all of them?