AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 minutes ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

You’re better off with Tzaangor Enlightened over Knights. Knights need a warshrine buff or the Chaos Sorcerer Lord buff to be worthwhile.

Gaunt Summoner on Disc is going to be a staple from now on I’m sure; since you don’t need a terrain piece to summon the pinks with him anymore so he’s basically 80 points for a 2 cast with a decent spell(his pinks don’t count as battleline though). They may be changing the foot model to do the same.

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore should math put to being a stronger horde clearing spell than Summoner on foot but is pretty pricy. 

I have 2 of the foot model. Are they worthless compared to the flying one?

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

I do hope Heralds of Tzeentch become more interesting. They just kind of....exist.

I guess thats the problem, theres so many wizards that if you're just a little bit "meh" then you'll get passed by another.

They’re ok if you pair them with Blue Scribes. Have the scribes learn their spell and then cast it on the 2+.

5 hours ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

Bene, sulla copertina c'è un Accolito e un nuovo eroe di Arcanite, quindi sento che le cose stanno migliorando.

Yes, it bodes well.
Hopefully the new hero will make skyfire and enlightened battleline, I've always loved the idea of the skyshoal coven.

9 minutes ago, Maximum said:

Yes, it bodes well.
Hopefully the new hero will make skyfire and enlightened battleline, I've always loved the idea of the skyshoal coven.

The funny part is, it would make more sence if the Tzaangor Shaman would make them Battleline (after the other models are Tzaangors).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EMMachine said:

The funny part is, it would make more sence if the Tzaangor Shaman would make them Battleline (after the other models are Tzaangors).

That is so true it made me smile - if GW links those tow units becoming battleline to the new Magister model, it would be a tremendous oversight. That poor Shaman's feelings.

Edited by MitGas

Here's a theory - I wonder if 'DISC OF TZEENTCH' will become a keyword, replacing the 'DAEMON' keyword that disc units currently have. The fuzziness of the current system is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect a new book to tidy up - no more daemon spells for Tzaangor Shamans, or casting Fold Reality on Englightened. This'd also let them write a rule for Enlightened like 'Battleline if your general is a DISC OF TZEENTCH ARCANITE HERO', enabling Tzaangor Shamans, Fatemasters and the new Magisters to fill that slot.

Or I could be completely wrong!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CJPT said:

Here's a theory - I wonder if 'DISC OF TZEENTCH' will become a keyword, replacing the 'DAEMON' keyword that disc units currently have. The fuzziness of the current system is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect a new book to tidy up - no more daemon spells for Tzaangor Shamans, or casting Fold Reality on Englightened. This'd also let them write a rule for Enlightened like 'Battleline if your general is a DISC OF TZEENTCH ARCANITE HERO', enabling Tzaangor Shamans, Fatemasters and the new Magisters to fill that slot.

Well the Slaves to Darkness Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount still follows the Daemon keyword theme, I think they'll keep the "daemon mount = daemon".

Meanwhile khorne players still grumble that GW decided that Juggernauts aren't daemons.

45 minutes ago, CJPT said:

Yours would be a very smart solution - although I do love getting my Enlightened back but if our internal balance gets better, we might not need to rely on them as much. :D

• Like 1

I expect pink horrors to become cheaper but less effective so that they are in line points wise with the other basic daemons, so that it makes sense for Gaunt Summoners to work in Khorne, Nurgle and Slaanesh armies too. At the moment they're summoning 180 points of Tzeentch but much less for the other factions

Edited by Carnelian

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

I expect pink horrors to become cheaper but less effective so that they are in line points wise with the other basic daemons, so that it makes sense for Gaunt Summoners to work in Khorne, Nurgle and Slaanesh armies too. At the moment they're summoning 180 points of Tzeentch but much less for the other factions

Fitting as Tzeentch is superior to his degenerate brothers in almost every way! ;)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Carnelian said:

To be fair it is weird for a Gaunt Summoner of TZEENTCH to summon Nurgle daemons!

1 hour ago, Prometheo567 said:

Tzeentch routinely uses the other three gods for his own schemes. I can see one of his agents opening a rancid portal spewing nurgle creatures is that benefits him.

I don’t want my Pinks nerfed so that one of my units work better in other factions that won’t use them(also KHORNE can’t even take one in their army since it’s a wizard).

Besides, Pinks are only remotely worth their points in a Tzeentch list. And they’re only an absolute steal when your opponent is inexperienced enough to kill them off in the first 3 turns.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

1 hour ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

The only Wizard KHORNE armies can take is Archaon. Unless that got changed in a GHB, which I don’t have access to right now.

Also IIRC, NURGLE can’t ally Tzeentch units.

Can't every marked army ally in slaves to darkness, which includes gaunt summoner on disc?

1 hour ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

The only Wizard KHORNE armies can take is Archaon. Unless that got changed in a GHB, which I don’t have access to right now.

Also IIRC, NURGLE can’t ally Tzeentch units.

As per the Khorne book, they can ally in Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness units, there is no specification for wizards. The only thing it says is Khorne can't take units with the SLAANESH keyword. You generally don't want to since there are a number of passive auras that mess with any form of magic, even friendly, but technically you still can. 

I was thinking and it's possible that they might change Pinks so they're not wizards anymore and just give them a better ranged attack. I thought that's what they were back in Fantasy, but I can't remember. If they did that then they could drop the points down and the gaunt summoner on disk would make a little more sense. 

Edited by Grimrock