AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I would say that you need:

Pink Horror:
Pink Horrors in list from start+10

Blue Horror:
Pink Horror in list from start*2+Blue Horrors in list from start, + 10-20 extra

Brimstone:
Same as blue I guess since you get them anyway... but you wont use as many as the Blue.

I dont have enough blue (only have 60) and it actually has happend that I could not summon since my models run out.

@HMB Depends on how crazy you want to get. I've played it in a dozen or so games with 30 pinks and no blues starting on the board, and I think I can get away with 40 blues 85% of the time. Typically blues will die around the same speed they're created, so you shouldn't usually need double your number of pinks. I've ended up with extra blue or brimstone points in the end game but usually when I do I've already won or lost, so the extra summon wouldn't make a difference.

Edited by Grimrock

48 minutes ago, ssharkus said:

I see many lists of DoT in top of some tournaments with 5+ endless spells. But no discussion here, why is that? Does anyone know what the playstyle of those lists is? 

I think 'cause it's only the Changehost list 

is the only way that Tzeentch could win against Tier 1 armies

They do alot of damage and are quite flexible too.

Since a lot of support characters require “wholly within” you can usually get at least a larger unit and a character hit with most endless spells.

But its also very common to get situations where you can hit 3-4 units or even more. I have cases were i hit maybe 5 units with Geminids, first in my turn and then again when all endless spells move between rounds, that’s 10d3 damage. Or you get a pendulum in the front of 2 characters. Since it can only move forwards it will now hit them again between rounds guaranteed, that’s 4d6.

Spells like purple sun can make A LOT of damage if you hit say two 40man units, or lets say a units of around 10 multiwound models.

I’ve also put down, for example, a ravenak and a gravetide in front of large blocks making it impossible for them to move forward.

A lot of spells also have additional debuffs, besides the obvious Geminids there are several spells that hits bravery. So if you hit them with ravenak and gravetide they will take 2d3 moral wounds, so 4 on average AND then take a bravery with -2…. that adds upp.

You also don’t really need to have good rolls, it helps of course, but even below par rolls will work. I would say that generally it’s the other way around, if you have bad damage rolls you will still do a lot of damage so its still fine, but if you get good rolls that will break a lot of armies.  

Its also very hard for you opponent to do real damage against you with endless spells. Usually you can place them so if they turn the spells on you they will just kill things that will generate summoning points, fine Ill take it J   

But one of the main reasons to play with endless spells in changehost is that you can attack yourself with them. I usually get 8-10 summoning points from spells, 10 is max so if even one spell gets dispelled nothing will be summoned. Just hit your own pink horrors with a d3 damage, generate 2-6 summoning points and then take a 1 on the destiny dice to create new pinks. Its quote common that I hit all three Pink horros with d3 each, they work just as fine with 7-9 models as with 10 even if I don’t get a one the bravery roll.   

Its not uncommon to get 10-20 blue horrors down turn 1, with more pink horrors on the board than you started with and have a couple of points saved for next turn.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, HMB said:

I don't use Changehost. I don't like horrors at all ^_^

I am exactly like you. I have tzaangors from 40k (60 of them to assemble), a LoC, a tzaangor wiz on disk and 9enlighten/skyfire (also to assemble) and I'm wondering

1 what list to do

2 how to use them

3 how to complete (yes, at least I'll take an acolyte box to get 2x10 units)

4 how good is this kind of list (tzaangors list).

18 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I am exactly like you. I have tzaangors from 40k (60 of them to assemble), a LoC, a tzaangor wiz on disk and 9enlighten/skyfire (also to assemble) and I'm wondering

1 what list to do

2 how to use them

3 how to complete (yes, at least I'll take an acolyte box to get 2x10 units)

4 how good is this kind of list (tzaangors list).

3. If you're talking about the tzaangors themselves I'd suggest you keep them in partys of at least 20 so that they can tank some wounds before their bonus attacks get lost, I usually use them to swamp enemy heroes or important units in general with some heavy supporting fire from the LoC in the back. Other than that they're a good option to hold down objectives in case you don't plan on taking any horrors with you.

Damn this thread is pretty dead lately! I've recently come back to playing DoK, and am looking at horror spam (seems to be a common build) - which endless spells to people prefer besides Balewind? Seems like several will be necessary to keep pumping out Fate points; is that a correct analysis?

On 11/11/2019 at 6:06 AM, Freejack02 said:

Damn this thread is pretty dead lately! I've recently come back to playing DoK, and am looking at horror spam (seems to be a common build) - which endless spells to people prefer besides Balewind? Seems like several will be necessary to keep pumping out Fate points; is that a correct analysis?

I currently run purple sun, geminids, pendulum, BV, spellportal.  Palisade or gravetide too if there's space

• Like 1

Hi. I want to start a Tzeentch army next  year. And I am not sture if the models I like are competitve. I love  the Tzangors and I want to go range heavy. So skyfires, acolythes, Support heros and magic. I absolutely dispise the Horrors, flamer etc. models. I heard changehost is strong and u always should take pinks, but I cant stand them. I am not a super competitve Player, but I would  like to know weither I can leave them out and probably miss on summoning, and still use the Potential of the tzangors?

6 hours ago, Keilerei said:

Hi. I want to start a Tzeentch army next  year. And I am not sture if the models I like are competitve. I love  the Tzangors and I want to go range heavy. So skyfires, acolythes, Support heros and magic. I absolutely dispise the Horrors, flamer etc. models. I heard changehost is strong and u always should take pinks, but I cant stand them. I am not a super competitve Player, but I would  like to know weither I can leave them out and probably miss on summoning, and still use the Potential of the tzangors?

sounds like the witchfire coven is your way to go. Big acolytes battlelines, 9 enlightened + shaman on disk

I had my first tournament last weekend. My changehost went pretty well considering  my greatest opponent  has been the time limit.  I went through 4 units swaps, 11 spells, then movement phase, summoning and  shooting with everything, numbers increasing with summoning. This was very time consuming and in 2 out of 3 games I couldn't play more than 2 turns. Consequently I drew one, won one by 1 point and lost one by 1 point. In the long term I probably would have ended winning them all considering my heroes were full life and had plenty of summoning options. How do you deal with speeding up your game? Andy hints and tips very appreciated thanks :)

• Like 1