AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

14 minutes ago, Sumanye said:

Question about the Gaunt Summoner's Book of Profane Secrets.  With the new terrain rules, it is now possible to choose a Baleful Realmgate as terrain, but the Gaunt Summoner obviously was not pointed for summoning 10 free pink horrors.  What prevents you from using this ability, or what am I missing here?

Nothing prevents you from using the ability now. I think that it was overlooked in the new General's Handbook. Most tournament organizer would make Baleful Realmgates random terrain rules instead of using it as the Baleful Realmgate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sumanye said:

Question about the Gaunt Summoner's Book of Profane Secrets.  With the new terrain rules, it is now possible to choose a Baleful Realmgate as terrain, but the Gaunt Summoner obviously was not pointed for summoning 10 free pink horrors.  What prevents you from using this ability, or what am I missing here?

From my understanding you are totally free to pick the realmgate and the Gaunt's ability from his warscroll. The only FAQ about it specifies that you can summon only once a game 10 Pinks/Bloodletters/Plaguebearers/Daemonettes

So go for it :) (I really need to paint mine...)

On 7/23/2019 at 1:58 PM, Zedrenael said:

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Lord of Change (380)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy
- Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm

Herald of Tzeentch (140)
- Staff of Change
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality

Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch and Chaos Familiars(160)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Blue Scribes(140)

10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (180)
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
10 x Blue Horrors of Tzeentch(90)
10 x Blue Horrors of Tzeentch(90)
10 x Blue Horrors of Tzeentch (90)
10 x Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch (60)
10 x Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch (60)
Multitudinous Host (100)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 109

This is the list that I am thinking of starting to build for LVO. I will have plenty of extra models so that I will not run out in terms of summoning. Is this a list worth running? 

Per the new GHB the familiers are no longer allowed to be used in matched play do to them not having a points value on the GHB, it sucks but i will take the -20pt decrease over the familiars :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Connelj2 said:

Per the new GHB the familiers are no longer allowed to be used in matched play do to them not having a points value on the GHB, it sucks but i will take the -20pt decrease over the familiars :)

I was wondering why I couldn't find them in the warscroll builder, but they are still in the app. 

Hey again, so I have drawn up my two lists. Looking for feedback on the better list for a semi comp list.

I did not want a usual Daemon list or Change host so I know these below are not tier 1.

Spoiler

Leaders
Archaon (660)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Chaos Lord on Manticore (250)
- Blade & Lance

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 6x Savage Greatblade
- 14x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
20 x Chaos Marauders (120)
- Axes
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Soulsnare Shackles (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 130

Spoiler

Leaders
Archaon (660)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Lord of Change (380)

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 4x Savage Greatblade
- 6x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 4x Savage Greatblade
20 x Kairic Acolytes (160)
- 20x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Soulsnare Shackles (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 112

As always open to suggestions, tweaks, constructive criticism. Would prefer a mortal list even though I know I am handicapping myself. Also I would have summons to spend fate points on. Depending on feedback I will be buying my first 1000 points today!!! 😁

4 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

Hey again, so I have drawn up my two lists. Looking for feedback on the better list for a semi comp list.

I did not want a usual Daemon list or Change host so I know these below are not tier 1.

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Archaon (660)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Chaos Lord on Manticore (250)
- Blade & Lance

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 6x Savage Greatblade
- 14x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
20 x Chaos Marauders (120)
- Axes
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Soulsnare Shackles (40)

Wounds: 130

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Archaon (660)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Lord of Change (380)

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 4x Savage Greatblade
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 4x Savage Greatblade

Units

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Soulsnare Shackles (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Wounds: 112

As always open to suggestions, tweaks, constructive criticism. Would prefer a mortal list even though I know I am handicapping myself. Also I would have summons to spend fate points on. Depending on feedback I will be buying my first 1000 points today!!! 😁

My first thoughts would be Archaon is kind of wasted in both of these lists.  I also think Tzeentch has command traits that are too good to be wasted by having a named as a general and since you have only one command ability anyway, him being the general isn't very helpful.  Archaon also does not get 2 spells from spell lores.  Shaman should also probably not have Tzeentch's Inferno; I'd say fold reality or some utility spell and use his tzaangor spell instead.  Consider Ogroid Thamaturge with infusion.  Spell portal without a Lord of Change is probably not worth it.  For Tzaangors, I'd probably recommend cogs.  If you do bring the Lord of Change, giving him fold reality is a waste, give him Tzeentch's Inferno if you want to fish for massive damage or bolt of change if you want something a little more reliable.  Also, Tzaangors only need one shield.  Their composition for a block of 10 should always be 1 shield (I give shield to twist bray to make dice rolling easier), 4 great blades, 2 mutants, 3 paired blades.  I'd definitely recommend 6 enlightened.  Anyway, just my opinion and hope it is helpful.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sumanye said:

Tzaangors only need one shield

If the goal is to have a +6 after save for all models than this is not true. Read the ability:

Arcanite Shield: Roll a dice before allocating a wound or mortal wound to a model that has an Arcanite Shield. On a roll of 6, the shield deflects the damage and the wound is ignored. 

This means you have to decide which wounds go to a shielded unit and roll, one at a time, for each wound on each shield model. If you fail that +6 then the model with the shield is removed and the remaining wounds must be assigned to other models. If you only have 1 shield model then your ability to elect to assign a wound to a model with a +6 is lost after the first failure. If you want a +6 for the whole unit, then the whole unit must have shields. Knowing that, I don't think there is a composition that tzaangors should always have. It depends on what you want them to do in your army and what units are buffing them with what spells/abilities.

Edited by firtahl
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, firtahl said:

If the goal is to have a +6 after save for all models than this is not true. Read the ability:

Arcanite Shield: Roll a dice before allocating a wound or mortal wound to a model that has an Arcanite Shield. On a roll of 6, the shield deflects the damage and the wound is ignored. 

This means you have to decide which wounds go to a shielded unit and roll, one at a time, for each wound on each shield model. If you fail that +6 then the model with the shield is removed and the remaining wounds must be assigned to other models. If you only have 1 shield model then your ability to elect to assign a wound to a model with a +6 is lost after the first failure. If you want a +6 for the whole unit, then the whole unit must have shields. Knowing that, I don't think there is a composition that tzaangors should always have. It depends on what you want them to do in your army and what units are buffing them with what spells/abilities.

What you have quoted is how the warscroll read before Beasts of Chaos, yes.  But this has not been true since the Beasts of Chaos battletome came out last fall.  You only need one shield for the whole unit and it does mean that there is a best composition, though where to assign the Twistbray is a matter of preference I think.  Also, if running larger blocks you would replace the second or third shield with paired weapons obviously.   Imo, you should also assign wounds to savage great blades first (assuming 10 man) since they drop in effectiveness without the extra attack.

Edited by Sumanye
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sumanye said:

My first thoughts would be Archaon is kind of wasted in both of these lists.  I also think Tzeentch has command traits that are too good to be wasted by having a named as a general and since you have only one command ability anyway, him being the general isn't very helpful.  Archaon also does not get 2 spells from spell lores.  Shaman should also probably not have Tzeentch's Inferno; I'd say fold reality or some utility spell and use his tzaangor spell instead.  Consider Ogroid Thamaturge with infusion.  Spell portal without a Lord of Change is probably not worth it.  For Tzaangors, I'd probably recommend cogs.  If you do bring the Lord of Change, giving him fold reality is a waste, give him Tzeentch's Inferno if you want to fish for massive damage or bolt of change if you want something a little more reliable.  Also, Tzaangors only need one shield.  Their composition for a block of 10 should always be 1 shield (I give shield to twist bray to make dice rolling easier), 4 great blades, 2 mutants, 3 paired blades.  I'd definitely recommend 6 enlightened.  Anyway, just my opinion and hope it is helpful.  Good luck!

@Sumanye Thanks for this post it is really helpful. I love the enlightened models so running 6 seems good. Ogroid is another swap I'll consider.

I'll be honest alot of the spell placement was a bit random but now I have the book I'll reconsider my lore placements. 

I'll go back to the drawing board and rejig the numbers around. 

@firtahl thanks as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sumanye said:

What you have quoted is how the warscroll read before Beasts of Chaos, yes.  But this has not been true since the Beasts of Chaos battletome came out last fall.  You only need one shield for the whole unit and it does mean that there is a best composition, though where to assign the Twistbray is a matter of preference I think.  Also, if running larger blocks you would replace the second or third shield with paired weapons obviously.   Imo, you should also assign wounds to savage great blades first (assuming 10 man) since they drop in effectiveness without the extra attack.

Just checked on the app and your are exactly correct

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

@Sumanye Thanks for this post it is really helpful. I love the enlightened models so running 6 seems good. Ogroid is another swap I'll consider.

I'll be honest alot of the spell placement was a bit random but now I have the book I'll reconsider my lore placements. 

I'll go back to the drawing board and rejig the numbers around. 

@firtahl thanks as well. 

I play Enllightened by 9 (because Tzeentch...) because it is more  resilient and almost insure  you that you get to cast Fold Reality on them. This is usually game breaker. In addition, 9 of them can shew pretty much everything, and with the 2" to attack of the lance, you get to attack with most of them each time. 

• Thanks 1

@Asimov That sounds interesting I redrew up my list last night (couple of times) still on the idea of a mortal/semi comp list after getting the book and was thinking of this.

Question though - are the battalions worth it (other than changehost) or better to spend the points on something else?

Spoiler

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (170)
- Artefact: Wicked Shard 
- Lore of Fate: Infusion Arcanum
Magister (140)
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
Fatemaster (120)
- General
Herald of Tzeentch on Disc (140)
- Staff of Change

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 2x Pair of Savage Blade
- 6x Savage Greatblade
- 2x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (320)

Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (180)
Witchfyre Coven (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 114

Then as I get points up summon horrors and daemons, like channeling the chaos god's from being great acolytes!

33 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

@Asimov That sounds interesting I redrew up my list last night (couple of times) still on the idea of a mortal/semi comp list after getting the book and was thinking of this.

Question though - are the battalions worth it (other than changehost) or better to spend the points on something else?

Hide contents

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (170)
- Artefact: Wicked Shard 
Magister (140)
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
Fatemaster (120)
- General
Herald of Tzeentch on Disc (140)
- Staff of Change

Battleline
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 2x Pair of Savage Blade
- 6x Savage Greatblade
- 2x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units

Battalions
Arcanite Cabal (180)
Witchfyre Coven (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Wounds: 114

Then as I get points up summon horrors and daemons, like channeling the chaos god's from being great acolytes!

I would change several things, but at the end it is up to you.  I tend to play more competitivly.

I play the Tzaangor shaman supporting the enlightened (by 9, always), casting fold reality.
From time to time the ogroid because of his spell that can be used to take the control of an objective easily if it is defended by a small unit.

Magister and herald, I havent played them for a while, not effective enough and we have better casters. The fatemaster i havent tried it yet, but I have the model to test it

As for heroes, I used to play 4-5 heroes, but now more like 3-4. LoC is a must have for me, along with the Gaunt summoner (best anti horde we have). Blue scrib is really good in case of an heavy magic list.

If i play mortals, I play Tzaangors by 20 (you need only one model with shield according to the last warscroll version) to insure I keep the +1 attack even if I hit second. 1 unit of pinks, because it is awesome, 1 unit of 10 kairics, they are really chaff and wont be able to keep an  objective if the adversary is sending anything against them. They stay in the back, shoot a bit and hope for a wound or to. 

If you play 1 or 2 units of pinks, you want to kill them youself (to farm those blues) to bring them back with the destiny dice of 1 you may have. You kill them either with Arcane Sacrifice, and/or with endless spells (pendulum is the best, you can hit 2 units of pinks at once, and it won't come back at you)

Afterward, we are one of the best allegiance to exploit at its best the endless spells. I played changehost the other day (extreme case of heavy magical list) and played 8 endless spell, including 4 predatory. 

Speaking of batallions, I used to play none (after I tried severals), now I think changehost is one of the best list we have, but it is not easy to play as there is no tanky units or close combat units. I am not sure we are that dependant of the batallions, because of the destiny dice (one of the best allegiance rule in the game) we can run far when we want, insure charges, and reduce risk on moral. New  rerolls on 1s are nice though and peaking to start first ou second is important (second if magic heavy list!)

Hope this can help

Edited by Asimov
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

Thanks @Asimov and all the other replies have been really helpful. I totally understand the consensus of change host being incredible and the lean towards daemon/magic lists. 

I think I will straddle somewhere in between and as you say RoC will most likely sway me towards my favourite models. 

Changehost is not the alpha and omega. I had great success with a pure tzaangor list (30 tzaangors, 2*10 kairics, tzaangor shaman, 2*9 enlightened, greatbray shaman as allied for the +3"move) and great fun.

The mix is also good: LoC, Gaunt, +1/2 heroes, 20 tzaangors, 10pinks, 10kairics, 9enlightened, +endless spells

• Like 2

@Blisterfeet

I would drop the arcanite cabal for sure, but keep the witchfyre for your semi competitive list, it could be fun and isn’t super expensive.  

Imo, the only reason to take the Herald on Disk is a flying hero with large movement for summoning that costs 140 points.  Now that the shaman is 160, I feel like the Herald on Disk is mostly useless.

The magister is a good caster, I think he is a little underrated.  His spell used in the right place at the right time can be extremely effective.  His main issue is poor movement to get him in the right place at the right time, so requires careful planning.  It is true we have better casters, but I don’t think you’re hurting yourself by taking a magister and he can be fun.  

Adding a gaunt summoner (he is mortal) for your general could be good.  Consider giving him arcane sacrifice and a balewind vortex for some crazy range.   He also likes to have a paradoxical shield  incase he gets in trouble.  

The only real issue is if you decide semi-competitive is not enough for you.  You’re never going to need or want 40 Kairic acolytes in a competitive list.  They are battleline tax only and just taking blue horrors for 10 points more is better if you want bodies.  Sucks to build and paint all those acolytes if you don’t plan to use them for the long term.

Edited by Sumanye
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Leaders
Magister (140)
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Ogroid Thaumaturge (170)
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Kairos Fateweaver (380)
- General

Battleline
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)
- 10x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 4x Pair of Savage Blade
- 15x Savage Greatblade
- 1x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Wounds: 117

After reading the advice from everyone and adjusting for my personal taste in models and fluff (book was amazing) I have decided on this list as a happy middle ground. I will probably finish this and then get a Gaunt Summoner/fatemaster to mix in when I do something different.

This gives me a nice list and an upgrade on where I started.

Wanna say thanks for all the replies and I'll post some project updates as I finish it and I might even see you at a UK event, when it's finished.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:
  Hide contents

Leaders
Magister (140)
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Ogroid Thaumaturge (170)
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Kairos Fateweaver (380)
- General

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 4x Pair of Savage Blade
- 15x Savage Greatblade
- 1x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Wounds: 117

After reading the advice from everyone and adjusting for my personal taste in models and fluff (book was amazing) I have decided on this list as a happy middle ground. I will probably finish this and then get a Gaunt Summoner/fatemaster to mix in when I do something different.

This gives me a nice list and an upgrade on where I started.

Wanna say thanks for all the replies and I'll post some project updates as I finish it and I might even see you at a UK event, when it's finished.

Nice list! I Play a list like that but paradoxical on ogroid instead magister, because ogroid hit hard with +1 hit +1 wound spell.

• Like 1

I played today vs Skaventide at 1500

His list was:

1 vermin tipical setup of 5++/5++

1 enginer

1 clawlord 

40 clan rats x2

40 Stormvermin

3 ratlin gun

My list:

Mortal Realm: Shyish
Gaunt Summoner (160)
- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Lord of Change (380)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (140)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Wounds: 61

Objetive: Scorched ground.

My deploy was semi-aggresive enought to cobert all the enemy territory with my gaunt.

Protected by LoC and behind my flammers un both of my back objetives

Pink just stay arround my center.

He just full agressive deploy. Only left 1 clanes rats in conga getting 2 back objetives.

But i start first. So No cps for autopass break just use my 2 6s of destiny dice un addition of arcane sacrifice plus balewind to instant kill 26 Stormvermin.

LoC use Umbral spell for take down engineer and horrors make nothing except rerolls 1s to my loc. 

Got 4 points and Stormvermin just auto break at 3+ they got destroyed.

In my rival turn he just run searching double turn get 4 points and just end.

No double turn so i focused now the vermin 5++/5++ after one turno of magic.and shooting (bad roll vs flammer) i just kill him so at that point he surrender.

My question is:

Are tzeench a Big counter of skavens? 

Are the tipical skaven list a good pairing for us?

3 hours ago, Curzex said:

I played today vs Skaventide at 1500

His list was:

1 vermin tipical setup of 5++/5++

1 enginer

1 clawlord 

40 clan rats x2

40 Stormvermin

3 ratlin gun

My list:

Mortal Realm: Shyish
Gaunt Summoner (160)
- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Lord of Change (380)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
Balewind Vortex (40)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Quicksilver Swords (30)

Total: 1500 / 2000
Wounds: 61

Objetive: Scorched ground.

My deploy was semi-aggresive enought to cobert all the enemy territory with my gaunt.

Protected by LoC and behind my flammers un both of my back objetives

Pink just stay arround my center.

He just full agressive deploy. Only left 1 clanes rats in conga getting 2 back objetives.

But i start first. So No cps for autopass break just use my 2 6s of destiny dice un addition of arcane sacrifice plus balewind to instant kill 26 Stormvermin.

LoC use Umbral spell for take down engineer and horrors make nothing except rerolls 1s to my loc. 

Got 4 points and Stormvermin just auto break at 3+ they got destroyed.

In my rival turn he just run searching double turn get 4 points and just end.

No double turn so i focused now the vermin 5++/5++ after one turno of magic.and shooting (bad roll vs flammer) i just kill him so at that point he surrender.

My question is:

Are tzeench a Big counter of skavens? 

Are the tipical skaven list a good pairing for us?

Well it depends I guess.

I mean what your opponent brought with him was more of a fluff list and going just for a fun way to play.

(I at least don’t suspect that he was trying too hard at winning)

If your going up against a list that is directed to the tournament scene, you’ll be facing a ton of shooting, magic plague monks and the minimum requirement of 60clanrats.

Edit: great battlereport, there mate.

I really enjoyed reading it.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

Recently i buy 2 Warcry box, so have 12 furyes 12 raptoryx. My idea is use both units as allies in my tzeench armie.

Well we have screamers (that are underpower imo) in same rol and points range.

Furies vs screamers:

9 wounds at 5+ plus 16 mov vs 12 wounds no save 12 mov. Brav 10 both.

-1 hit ability vs Retreat in fight.

100 points both.

Ofensive power: 

Screamers 3 att 4+ / 3+ no rend (d3 dmg vs Monsters) furies 2 att at 4 + /3+ -1 rend.

If we are talking about the objetive hunt/protect role. Furies are winner for me. You can just stay arround the objetive scoring and then  retreat and stay in objetive again.

Screamers -1 hit ability is situational and they want to stay in flanks or in enemy objetives so rarely they got -1.

For tipical unit on cover protecting a objetive (5+ save plus cover 4+)

The numbers:

Screamer do 1,5 wounds after Saves

Furies do near 3  wounds after Saves

Raptoryx are better hittiers but cant fly.  Less mobility and 6 bravery.

So for my Furies>Raptoryx>screamers

Sorry for my english.

Edited by Curzex

2 hours ago, Curzex said:

Recently i buy 2 Warcry box, so have 12 furyes 12 raptoryx. My idea is use both units as allies in my tzeench armie.

Well we have screamers (that are underpower imo) in same rol and points range.

Furies vs screamers:

9 wounds at 5+ plus 16 mov vs 12 wounds no save 12 mov. Brav 10 both.

-1 hit ability vs Retreat in fight.

100 points both.

Ofensive power: 

Screamers 3 att 4+ / 3+ no rend (d3 dmg vs Monsters) furies 2 att at 4 + /3+ -1 rend.

If we are talking about the objetive hunt/protect role. Furies are winner for me. You can just stay arround the objetive scoring and then  retreat and stay in objetive again.

Screamers -1 hit ability is situational and they want to stay in flanks or in enemy objetives so rarely they got -1.

For tipical unit on cover protecting a objetive (5+ save plus cover 4+)

The numbers:

Screamer do 1,5 wounds after Saves

Furies do near 3  wounds after Saves

Raptoryx are better hittiers but cant fly.  Less mobility and 6 bravery.

So for my Furies>Raptoryx>screamers

Sorry for my english.

I'd be interested to have your feedback on those. 
Usually I never start with Screamers, I only summon them when needed. The only time I played them it was for a casual game against Seraphon with lots of dinos (and it worked pretty well)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I've been playing AoS on and off for a few years now and really keen to start a Tzeentch army as my next project. The prospect of high movement and a big magic phase + some really cool models is something I'm very keen to try (after playing Khorne and Beastclaw in the past). I'm doing quite a bit of theoryhammer at the moment as I  have only managed a few smaller games with proxy models, but I'd love some feedback on my list below as a starter for 10.

I'm not looking for a top tier army but my local meta is quite competitive (or at least, a few trick lists with either lots of shooting, lots of monsters/dragons etc) so I'm trying to come up with something to work towards that can hopefully handle a few different threats and  give me some different options for each game before I buy any models! Not sure how competitive the Skyshoal batallion is, but I love the Skyfire/Enlightened models and thought the lower drop, extra move and CP + artefact would come in handy (as well as the rule of cool obviously)!

Lord of Change (380)
 - Gryph-Feather Charm
 - Tzeentch's Firestorm

Gaunt Summoner (160) - General
 - Arcane Sacrifice
 - Treacherous Bond

Tzaangor Shaman (160)
 - Windshief Charm
 - Fold Reality

10 x Pink Horrors (180)
Bolt of Tzeentch

10 x Pink Horrors (180)
Treason of Tzeentch

5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
Hand weapon & Shield

Battalion - Skyshoal Coven (130)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs (320)

Total - 2000pts

I guess my thinking with the list was to move the Lord of Change up with a unit of Pinks, and keep the Gaunt bonded with the Chaos warriors (to offer the gaunt a bit more protection with Look out Sir and 2+ shrug onto a 10 wound unit) whilst he uses arcane sacrifice on the other unit of Pinks to generate fate points. Tzaangor shaman to support enlightened with buffs on those crucial charges and skyfires to offer ranged support/kill off enemy characters, as well as the shaman being able to fold reality when things get difficult or windshief charm + summoning for late game board control. All being well it's 7 (8 with the potion) spells a turn (hopefully realistic with Gaunt  re-rolls from arcane sacrifice and the LoC command ability affecting all wizards in my list) so should be a fair amount of fate points for summoning as needed, and I have a few high damage spells that hopefully will be in range early on in the game.

Open to any suggestions or changes, and if I have missed anything obvious please let me know! I wasn't sure if I should swap one unit of pinks for some Tzaangors (but how effective are they in units of 10?), and then maybe flesh this unit out a bit by dropping the batallion (and one unit of skyfires) and getting more battleline bodies. Also thought about popping the Gaunt on a balewind but not sure if losing mobility for the rest of the game could make things difficult. Does anyone have any experience of similar lists or aspects from this list?

Thanks in advance! 😊

• Like 1