AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

13 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

I wouldnt spend too many points on endless spells as currently the Lord of change and cursling can learn them via unbinds and cast them for free .

The blue sribes can also learn them

This should save a few points 

True, but I think you should still take them if you need them. Otherwise you're counting on your opponent bringing the ones you need, and attempting to cast them. The other side of that is that if you let your opponent cast the spell, it generates points for summoning, and depending on the spell, you might be able to control it yourself if you lose the roll-off for battleround or opt to go second. 

17 hours ago, Mr.Pengwinn said:

So getting ready for an upcoming 2000pt battle this weekend was probably  going to run this list:
Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (160)
Gaunt Summoner (180)

Battleline
20 x Kairic Acolytes (160)
20 x Kairic Acolytes (160)
30 x Tzaangors (480)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (440)

Total: 1940 / 2000

Drop 10 Acolytes for the Alter-kin Battalion? Might be fun to get a few tzaangors here and there.

So I'm heading out to play 1500 points tonight, I'm rolling with this 

Allegiance : Tzeentch 

Leaders

Gaunt Summoner - 180
Command Trait - Arcane Sacrifice 
Lore of Change : Bolt of Tzeentch 

Tzaangor Shaman - 180 
Artefact : Aspect of Tzeentch
Lore of Fate Shield of Fate 

Magister - 140
Lore of Fate - Glimpse the Future 

Units

Tzaangors (30) - 480

Kairic Acolytes (10) - 80

Pink horrors of Tzzentch (10) - 200
Lore of Change : Fold Reality 

Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (3) - 160

Endlesss Spells 

Balewind Vortex - 40

Geminids of Uhl-Gyish - 40

I'll take some photos and let you guys know how it goes tomorrow :D will be my first game with the new rules with rule books etc, not just using rules from online. Very excited :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

CP to make your Tzaangor blob auto pass a battleshock test. 

20 hours ago, Boss Salvage said:

The Cogs would seem like a no brainer (more spells is more better, especially for Tizz), likewise Spellportal is being hailed as the true auto-include (especially for Tizz), but I've been looking at the Geminids + Prismatic Palisade of late. Geminids do lots of damage and debuffs, while the Palisades offer some neat tactical plays and aren't predatory so don't give your opponent as much of a gift (likewise the Cogs).

5 hours ago, Qaz said:

Drop 10 Acolytes for the Alter-kin Battalion? Might be fun to get a few tzaangors here and there.

Thanks for the suggestions! Think I'll run the Alter-Kin Battalion. Gives me the extra CP to help my Tzaangor blob going, and it coupled with my Shaman has the potential to bring back 2d3 Tzaangor a turn, which would be quite handy. Plus this way I don't have to rush painting my endless spells just yet.

Hi, there!

Plan to play at our tournament with Tzeentch want to try something like this: 

LEADERS
Kairos Fateweaver (380)
The Blue Scribes (140)
Gaunt Summoner (180)
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (160)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
UNITS
30 x Tzaangors (480)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)
ENDLESS SPELLS
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Umbral Spellportal (60)

TOTAL: 2200/2250 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

LEADERS: 6/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4

Still not decide about spells, Trait and artefact, so need an advice

Will that army work?  what do you think?

P.S. Sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker...

Edited by John Silver

So game all done (may have been interrupted by the football a little bit) and I had such a blast, the little quality of life changes like Piling in really make the game feel a little smoother for sure. I took my list in post a few posts above and my buddy took - 

Lord Arcanum on.. Gryph charger? On a beastie, he was the general 
Lord Castellant
Lord Relictor
Lord Relictor

10 Liberators
10 Liberators
6 Prosecutors
2 Fulminators 
Pew Pew ballista.

The game was 1500 and we rolled Battle for the pass, I finished deploying first and gave him first. He put both relictors & liberators in the celestial realm. Turn one both liberators & 1 relictor came down. Liberators went onto either objective, prosecutors through some hammers at my horrors and killed 2. Ending him on 5, my turn one I got my balewind up and a Bolt of Tzeentch into the Fulminators, that rolled a 1 for the wound. My opponent rolled a 9 to unbind my Inferno Flames onto his right side Liberators. Magister killed a liberator onto the left side and got me spawn, Tzaangor put up Shield of fate and the Horrors cast arcane bolt, which was a massive mistake. I forgot I had the Geminids, which I should of cast with my Horrors which would of gone over his right side Liberators AND Prosecutors. On the left side my Tzaangors charged and killed 6 Liberators ending me the turn 5-3. 

I won the next turn, killing a Fulminator with a bolt of tzeentch, killing 3 liberators in the right with Inferno flames and 1 more with a Arcane Bolt, Ogroid killed a liberator on the left with Boon and Magister failed his spell, I made ANOTHER mistake this turn. I remembered that I had the geminids and cast them but I didn't read the part where they move when they are placed (this, again would of made a massive difference) so I cast them but didn't get any damage out of them ( could of gone over the right side Libs & Prosecutors). I got 3 screamers this turn via fate points which was neat.  I decided I need to try on the right side, so I charged my enlightened who had been peppered by the ballista & acolytes into the right side liberators (who were in cover). My enlightened & Acolytes got squished (Acolytes had been weakened by Arcane Sacrifice).  I killed the last of the liberators on the left with my Tzaangors. This ended the turn 5-6 to me.

Opponents turn 2 saw his Ballista rip a new one into my Tzaangors, followed up by the Arcanum, Castellant, Relictor and Fulminator go into my Tzaangors and the Liberators still tied up by my last Enlightened on disc. The prosecutors flew through the middle of the table and made a charge onto my summoner on the balewind, it went bad from here as my GS died, last enlightened died and my right flank totally collapsed. I was crushing the left side but my oppenent won the battle round for a double turn back, putting the CP score to 20-5 and after my third turn we called it there. 

I took a lot away from the game,

A - Don't forget about endless spells you pay for! The Gemeinids paired with a timely charge into the prosecutors at -1 to hit / attack would of allowed me to crush the right flank. 

B - Target priority needed to be better, there was no need to put the Bolt of Tzentch into the Fulminators as they weren't a threat at the time. I should of focued my fire onto the right flank while I had the time to do so. I wasted my shots against Liberators in cover as well, I should of put them into the Prosecutors out of cover. 

C - Remember rules on Warscrolls, I forgot my Tzaangers Banner ability, I forgot +1 to cast on Pink Horros etc. I need to do better at remembering everything. 

I had a really really good time playing the game and If I played the exact same again I'm confident I would of taken the win!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Leaders
Lord Of Change (380)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Kairos Fateweaver (380)
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
The Blue Scribes (140)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (180)
- General
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Battleline

Endless Spells
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Purple Sun of Shyish (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 73

what do you Guys think on that ? bringing some pain throu that Spellportal :)

( not sure about spells , artefakts etc)

14 hours ago, Olmdebil said:

Leaders
Lord Of Change (380)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Kairos Fateweaver (380)
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
The Blue Scribes (140)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (180)
- General
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future

Battleline

Endless Spells
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Purple Sun of Shyish (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 73

what do you Guys think on that ? bringing some pain throu that Spellportal :)

( not sure about spells , artefakts etc)

It's very, very light on the ground and you really don't have to a good way to screen from heavy alpha lists (like KO's). You have a super strong MW output that's for sure but your list is just very fragile. That said no one knows what the new meta is going to be like at the top level so it could be worth a try? It seems the list will also struggle with holding any objetives that force you to go into the middle of the table as the Horrors will just get roasted. 

9 hours ago, Grotruk said:

Hey ! What do you think about this ?

1 Herald of tzeentch

1 Curseling

The blue scribes

1 Gaunt summoner

3*10 pink horrors

5*10 blue horrors

Multitudinous host

Balewind vortex

Bar the gaunt summoner I don't see where your damage is coming from? You might struggle against a lot of high armour saves / re-rollable armour saves (stardrake, fulminator blobs come to mind)

Agree. ..comming from an Changehost this is very glascanon and have Problems with Holding objektives. On the other Hand every list including an LoC have probs survive an KO alpha.

Thinking about dropping Kairos, 10 pink and the purple Sun ...to get 30 warrior and sayl the faithless  ( hes now at 200 autoinclude his Pet )

Yup, sadly I'm probably going to be leaving a LoC out of events list. I can get double his casting value for less points, Infernal Gateway will be missed as it pours out of MW & his command ability is useful if you're running Tzeentch Deamon Wizards. Trying to work on a list that isn't just 60 Tzaangors for the Throne of Skulls in October right now. 

Current plan is -

Gaunt Summoner - 180
Tzaangor Shaman - 180
Magister - 140
Blue Scribes - 140

Tzaangors (30) - 480
Pink Horrors (10) - 200
Acolytes (20) - 160

Tzaangor Skyfires (6) - 440

Geminids - 40
Balewind - 40

I'm fairly happy with the list, has a potential of 8 spells a turn with a healthy mortal wound output via Spells & Skyfires, obviously a lot of magic defence and has healthy normal damage through shooting via acolytes & horrors as well as Tzaangors & non MW skyfire shots.

Really the three things I need to stress test with the list is - 

1) Do I need a CP in the bank if I play against alpha heavy armies. If a list drops on me and explodes my Tzaangor blob to a point where Battleshock kills the rest, that would be a massive blow. Having a CP in the bank is really strong to be able to use inspiring presence on your opponents first turn. 

2) Do I need Spell Portals? I'm not using a battalion, so I'm most likely not going to get to choose if I go first or not. If that's the case the spell portals would do a great job of maximising how nasty my turn 1 is. 

3) Do I take a battalion? Probably not, there's not really a battalion I want to use right now in Tzeentch and I think the points are better spend on endless spells, Cps or having bodies on  the table.

Edited by AaronWIlson

18 minutes ago, Olmdebil said:

is it possible to unbind an spell on 42z range with magical supremacy ?

I magical supremacy gives a +12” range. So yeah ... 42”.

On a curseling it’s brutal. And if the LoC is near them, the LoC knows it as well.

Edited by TheOtherJosh