AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Points can be seen here: 

LoC still seems too expensive IMO but that might just be me. Screamers can't be seen in the video but I guess they didn't get changed. They certainly need a new warscroll or a big reduction as else there's no reason to take them (unless your opponent fields lots of monsters).

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 4:45 PM, MattyP said:

My Overall Thoughts.

I'm really not sure if anything different I could do. I suppose my biggest mistake was putting those 6 Enlightened out in the open with the GKoTG being in rang e, not thinking he one shot them.…..but I didn’t premeasure as I usually don’t and don’t know everything that other armies can do (Tzeenthch is a lot to remember) so didn't think to premeasure, also I wanted them in combat because they are THE combat unit I have, but I should have screened them somewhat. 

I've only played one match against the FEC so far,  but I gather they're pretty strong at the moment. Like the Idoneth, they seem to break a lot of the fundamental rules of the game, too, so you have to be careful playing against them - forewarned is forearmed. Or four-armed, as we're Tzeentchy 😁 If that was a regular opponent, just ask them to take a bit of time to run through what his army can do, so you don't get caught with your pants down.

You already noted the move with your enlightened was too aggressive. Keep them back and use them to counterattack against an aggressive army like FEC. Try positioning them about 2" behind the acolytes, so that anything charging them drags them into combat, but can't attack them directly - that allows you to pile-in with them, and makes sure that an enemy unit within 3" has already attacked, so they get all the re-rolls.

It's also worth noting you got some bad luck with your magic turn 2. We really suffer if our casting dice ****** us, and turn 2 is often pivotal. Thats usually when everything's in range for us to throw out some serious mortal wounds.

Hope that helps! 

• Like 2

Quick question: Locus of Transmogrification of the Flamer says "roll a dice each time a model in this unit is slain within 9'' of a Hero", so if I have multiple Heroes in range, let's say 4 heroes are within 9'' of the slain model, do I roll 4 dice for adding models?

1 minute ago, frostfire said:

Quick question: Locus of Transmogrification of the Flamer says "roll a dice each time a model in this unit is slain within 9'' of a Hero", so if I have multiple Heroes in range, let's say 4 heroes are within 9'' of the slain model, do I roll 4 dice for adding models?

If only, max out heros behinds an ever growing screen of flamers.

Unfortunately you check for heros once each time a model is slain and then roll A dice if the condition is fulfilled. Only slain once, so only one roll. Still a nice (if crazy random) rule, the look on someones face when you roll 2+ 6s and spawn a big unit of them is hilarious. So instead of killing my inoffensive unit of 3, they have grown to 9 models and will now roast your army to smithereens. 

47 minutes ago, Reezark_SP said:

In one of the videos I've seen where they talk about point changes they say the points for Skyfires has changed to 200 for 3. But it's always been that cost?  

Since the release of BoC battletome. That is why there is an asterisc for tzeentch as it is an update since last ghb

On 6/16/2019 at 5:05 AM, Asimov said:

Changeling at 180 + purple sun of shyish at 50

For 230 points you get à really deadly trick, instead of 300 before

I just started playing with this combo for fun and found it to be really disruptive for my opponent plus it's not that hard to pull off.  Now at a 70 point discount I'll happily try incorporating this in my more competitive lists.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Hannibal said:

What is that really deadly trick?

You can set your changeling in your enemy's territory at the beginning of the game. Then you cast a nasty endless spell in the middle of his troops packed together for a maximum damage. As a bonus, it is blocking the troops move if you can place it in front of them. 
The sun is big and does not go far, but with this trick you don't have to bother to see it come back to you (at least soon)

It works with the pendulum or any spell that does damage.

To evaluate the efficiency of this move we need to consider how many points worth of units we can kill regarding the cost of the combo. It is hard to get your money back, but as it also ****** up with your opponents strategy it sets you ahead in the mind game.... Very Tzeentchian strategy ^^ 

• Like 3

Has anyone tried out the new point costs in a daemon focused list yet? I built a simple changehost with a LoC, scribes, gaunt summoner, 3 pinks, 2 flamers, screamers, blues, a portal and the pendulum. Quite a bit cheaper than 2018 and seems like it could have some potential if you're willing to buy enough blues/brims to take advantage of the piles of summoning generated by 3 pinks. 

5 hours ago, Pestilens said:

I will try the following list tomorrow:

Loc

Gaunt summoner

Blu scribes

3x10 pink horror

3x30 blu horror

1x10 brimstone

Pendolum, spell portal, purple son. 

Lots of spell and shooting,  and huge summoning from horrors. What do u think? 

Well, looks like it's well above 2000 points, but in not sure what you were aiming for. Otherwise it looks like an absolute mountain of bodies so that should be fun.

I will play with list changehost this weekend: 

LoC, changeling, gaunt summoner, blue scribes.

2x10 pink horrors, 10 blue horrors, 2x10 brimstone, 3 flamers, 10 acolytes

Pendulum, geminidis, Purple sun

Changehost

3 drops and a nasty combo. Opinions?

Edited by Sigwarus
Spelling

1 hour ago, Sigwarus said:

I will play with list changehost this weekend: 

LoC, changeling, gaunt summoner, blue scribes.

2x10 pink horrors, 10 blue horrors, 2x10 brimstone, 3 flamers, 10 acolytes

Pendulum, geminidis, Purple sun

Changehost

3 drops and a nasty combo. Opinions?

I would maybe try to squeeze the cogs. It is one additional spell, but also, if you are summoning a lot, it can gives you 2"  to charge, letting you charge at 7+

Not a fan of the acolytes here, I prefer blues for the cost and they will fit in your batallion, reducing the drops by one. 

without acolyte he misses a line

Leaders
Lord of Change (380)
The Blue Scribes (140)
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (160)
The Changeling (180)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (180)

Units
10 x Blue Horrors of Tzeentch (90)

10 x Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch (60)

Battalions
Changehost (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)

Total: 1980/ 2000

???

Edited by Iron Fist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paniere said:

are we sure that the Gaunt summoner WITH FAMILIARS is now 160? I'm afraid he stays at 180

I am even more afraid the version with familiars is nor longer present in the GHB and thus no longer available. For now I have not seen it in the Everchosen and Tzeentch sections... 

1 hour ago, Iron Fist said:

without acolyte he misses a line

Leaders
Lord of Change (380)
The Blue Scribes (140)
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (160)
The Changeling (180)

Battleline

Units

10 x Brimstone Horrors of Tzeentch (60)

Battalions
Changehost (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)

Total: 1980/ 2000

???

I think that u really need spell portal innsead of geminids, so u can Cast purple sun from changeling and then u can switch him with something, and u can cast gaunt summoner spell throw the portal. 

6 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

I have a question about the changehost ..
Can we switch 1 unit that has been invoked?

No, because the swap happens at the beginning of the hero phase and the summon at the end of the mvt phase