AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

So have finally decided to run tzaangors and enlightened as my main combat force...with some acolytes and/or skyfires ...might take 10 pinks for the bodies/splitting, casting and use of arcane sacrifice , but tzeentch demons are not great and expensive ....hoping some serious adjustments to demons either in GHB or our update ......whenever that occurs. 

Well, it's been two months and I thought I might post an update on my burning chariots army.

This list just keep rolling (chariots get it?) For me It's gone 38 for 38 and only made it to fifth round 8 times, I'm not really all the smart so  I've also loaned both the list and figures to a few mates to test it out as well and they have had much the same success (except for Stevo but he doesn't count.. 😃). That said I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Pros:

-It tends to put people off as soon as I put it on the board as it's not the usual type of Tzeentchy stuff

-The maneuverability is fantastic, looking for the follow up mortal wounds really chews through the toughest nuts

- The unbind potential has had more impact then I anticipated as I originally built it in mostly to protect the mortal wounds generating units, and the summoned screamers or extra herald in long matches have been icing on the cake. 

-Speed of play, so few models all with flight make this a crazy fast turn machine if you keep thinking ahead. Enough so that you can really get in your opponent's head (especially horde generals) by throwing the turn back at them so fast. 

Cons:  

-The main drawback is the level of concentration needed when you play it. you can easily leave your thin-skinned hitters exposed if you don't keep track of everything

- The units are so expensive that you really have to gird your loins so that you don't get your confidence dented when you lose a few,

-Even flying the Curseling is a pain because of its relatively slow speed (9" with cloak) and you can find yourself losing Damage opportunities with your units by trying to keep them under his umbrella. 

-Models are ugly as Ass, seriously I just hate looking at em, even the ones that are painted well. The flame on them isn't just ugly it's stupid as hell. But hey what can you do?

Super excited to see what comes with the GHB2019, if there are no changes to the list I'm actually considering playing it for the GT in Texas, toss up between it and my Mixy army (my fav free people army is just too slow for a GT tournament format 😒).

Billy Blakes Battalion

Matador - Allegiance: Chaos - Mortal Realm: Aqshy

LEADERS  

Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot (200) 14" 5+ 8 10 - General - Command Trait : Magical Supremacy - Staff of Change - Lore of Change : Fold Reality

Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (160) 5" 4+ 5 7 - Artefact : Thermalrider Cloak - Lore of Fate : Glimpse the Future

UNITS  

3 x Burning Chariots of Tzeentch (480) 14" 5+ 6 10

1 x Burning Chariots of Tzeentch (160) 14" 5+ 6 10

TOTAL: 1960/2000

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0

WOUNDS: 73 LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 8  

BEHEMOTHS: 0/4

ARTILLERY: 0/4

ARTEFACTS: 1/1

ALLIES: 0/400

l1373427058_BillyBlakesBattalion.pdf

Edited by Matador

I decided to cram all the good stuff in one list, according to this forum, and just as it happens, it perfectly fits the 2500 mark that my local gaming group plays:

--- Leaders ---

Curseling 160

Gaunt Summoner 180

Ogroid 180

Blue Scribes 140

Changeling 200

Tzaangor Shaman 180

Magister 140

--- Units ---

Pink horrors (30x) 540

Tzaangors (10x) 180

Kairic Acolytes (10x) 80

Kairic Acolytes (10x) 80

Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (6x) 280

--- Endless Spells ---

Spellportal 60

Vortex 40

Cogs 60

Points 2500/2500

What do you guys think? Does this list have it all? I based this off of this forum itself, however I feel that the amount of models might be too few? Maybe remove some spells or a hero for a few more Tzaangors or acolytes?

I normally play with batallions but since we don't really need command points that bad, what's the point...

Edited by Caspeur

18 hours ago, Caspeur said:

I decided to cram all the good stuff in one list, according to this forum, and just as it happens, it perfectly fits the 2500 mark that my local gaming group plays:

--- Leaders ---

Curseling 160

Gaunt Summoner 180

Ogroid 180

Blue Scribes 140

Changeling 200

Tzaangor Shaman 180

Magister 140

--- Units ---

Pink horrors (30x) 540

Tzaangors (10x) 180

Kairic Acolytes (10x) 80

Kairic Acolytes (10x) 80

Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (6x) 280

--- Endless Spells ---

Spellportal 60

Vortex 40

Cogs 60

Points 2500/2500

What do you guys think? Does this list have it all? I based this off of this forum itself, however I feel that the amount of models might be too few? Maybe remove some spells or a hero for a few more Tzaangors or acolytes?

I normally play with batallions but since we don't really need command points that bad, what's the point...

Tzaangors are not worth running in 10s, as they lose their extra attack far too soon. 20 or 30 is the way to go.

There is not really a reason to run a horde of pinks imo. In fact I don't think I would run more than 10 in a unit. The horde discount is not exactly huge, and if split up, each is a wizard that can go for a different spell, provide an extra dispell, and give an extra potential mortal wound to that Tzaangor banner.

On the numbers front, Tzeentch is a pretty elite army all in all. Acolytes are the only real cheap unit we have access to. Worth noting that each Pink is technically 5 bodies, though only a max of three of those will be present at one time.

• LOVE IT! 1

47 minutes ago, AverageBoss said:

Tzaangors are not worth running in 10s, as they lose their extra attack far too soon. 20 or 30 is the way to go.

There is not really a reason to run a horde of pinks imo. In fact I don't think I would run more than 10 in a unit. The horde discount is not exactly huge, and if split up, each is a wizard that can go for a different spell, provide an extra dispell, and give an extra potential mortal wound to that Tzaangor banner.

On the numbers front, Tzeentch is a pretty elite army all in all. Acolytes are the only real cheap unit we have access to. Worth noting that each Pink is technically 5 bodies, though only a max of three of those will be present at one time.

Thanks for reviewing it. You made me realize I'm too greedy with the pinks. I'm obsessed with the idea of infinite blue horror points but realistically there's no need for more than 10.  Better off going with 30 Tzaangors then, thanks! 

I made some adjustments to the list and pushed in 30 Chaos warriors, which seem nasty with shield of fate, having a 2 wounds 4+ save, rerolling 1, 2, 3 on 7+ destiny dice. 30 Tzaangors as the hard hitting force, just 10 pinks and another 10 to fill the fourth battleline slot. Either that, or I replace the second 10 pinks by 10 acolytes and a magister (which I removed). I'm tempted to go with the latter.

I'll be playing against Seraphon on sunday, and it'll be my first time trying out the gaunt summoner pulling a Balewind vortex / arcane sacrifice combo. I hope to see big blobs of saurus guard being fielded 😄

I'm considering moving the Changeling in a changehost 2000 pts army. What's the best use for him to repay its 200 pts cost? Just keeping him hidden to halve the movment for 1 unit seems not enough and once revealed he can survive only if he strikes first. Thanks a lot for all insights :)

6 hours ago, Paniere said:

I'm considering moving the Changeling in a changehost 2000 pts army. What's the best use for him to repay its 200 pts cost? Just keeping him hidden to halve the movment for 1 unit seems not enough and once revealed he can survive only if he strikes first. Thanks a lot for all insights :)

Lately I tend to use him as a conduit to summon Blue Horrors and capture objectives. Remember - summoning won't reveal him. He can still be pretty annoying as an potential endless spellcaster (Pendulum or Geminids) or just a hero your opponent may  have difficulties to get rid of.

• Like 1

Here is a battle report my friend wrote for our game....same Seraphon player as the last report:

Leaders

Slann Starmaster (260)

- General

- Trait: Great Rememberer

- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak

Skink Starpriest (80)

- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade

Battleline

20 x Skinks (120)

- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

10 x Skinks (60)

- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers

Units

4 x Razordons (160)

6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)

Battalions

Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Balewind Vortex (40)

Leaders

Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)

- General

- Trait: Aether Tether

- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Lord of Change (380)

- Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer

- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm

Battleline

20 x Tzaangors (360)

10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)

Units

3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain

Balewind Vortex (40)

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Played Knife to the Heart against our local Tzeentch player. Rolled a 5 for the Shyish Realmscape feature, adding 1 to all Bravery. With only 3 drops, I opted for Tzeentch to go first. I rolled Sage's Staff and and shuffled the two units of Skinks around a bit in Stealthy Advance.

T1 Tzeentch: Not much to tell on his T1. He got off Cogs and Balewind, which would give both his LoC and GS 3 spells each. LoC used his CA each turn to give +1 to casting to both the Wizards. I think I unbound one spell and he failed another. I was still well out of his range for shooting and casting and he opted not to move.

T1 Seraphon: I also got Cogs and Balewind off. I was fairly certain he would turtle another turn, so I advanced the unit of 20x Skinks and 4x Razordons towards his objective. I banked 13 CCP and didn't see a good use for LoSaT.

T2 Tzeentch: More spell casts and turtling, but he did summon in a Herald on Disc to use as a mobile beacon for additional summon.

T2 Seraphon: I cast an 12 for the Realm Spell Soul Shrou, but he unbound it with LoC and Destiny Dice. Banked 16 CCP and then failed both LoSaT. More advancing of Skinks and Razordons. I summoned in a unit of Skinks to buffer my objective and Slann. Skinks got in range of the Tzangors and I managed to take down 1, which was amazing considering they have 2 wounds with a 6+, 5+ save.

T3 Seraphon: Double turn! I think I like the T2-T3 double turn more than the T1-T2. I again failed LoSaT twice >_< Failing it four times in a row on a 3+ was rough. I did manage Soul Shroud on the Razordons though, which made them immune to all spells. My advancing force was now well within range of several Tzeentch units. With it being T3, I wanted to start clearing away units to give me a better chance at capturing his objective. I brought down the Rippers to tear into the Tzangors. I also summoned another unit of 10 Skinks to buffer my objective. Skinks shot into the Herald on Disc and Enlightened, taking two wounds off the Herald on Disc, but none on the Enlightened. Razordons shot into the Tzangors, doing 5 wounds. Rippers managed 16 wounds across all their attacks, reducing the Tzangor down to 9 models. Tzangors then piled in and killed 4 Rippers. Battleshock saw 5 Tzangor flee.

T3 Tzeentch: He cast two offensive spells at my Starpriest. I managed to negate one with Spellmirror, but the other did 3 mortal wounds. Tzeentch's Firestorm went into the unit of 20x Skinks, killing 6. The Herald on Disc flew far to the right, the remaining Tzangors advanced towards the Skinks and the Enlightened moved forward for a charge. He summoned in 10 Blues from the Herald on Disc. His Acolytes shot into the Rippers, killing one more. One or both wizards shot into the Skinks as well and killed 2 more. The Tzangor made their charge and the Enlightened rolled an 11, allowing them to swing around the Skinks into the Razordons. I rolled for ID and got a 4. 11 wound rolls completed and he only saved 2; 9 wounds and the unit is gone before even getting to fight. He attacked with the Tzangor, but only killed 2 more. Skinks used Wary Fighter and swung around towards his objective, but didn't get enough in to control it. Razordons were able to pile into the 4 remaining Tzangors and their 9 melee attacks managed to finish off the unit. I used a CP to pass Battleshock for the 20x Skink unit.

T4 Seraphon: I think I failed LoSaT again, cause I recall being pretty miffed about it. I've never failed it so many times! The 10 Skinks left from the unit of 20 moved to within charge range of the LoC. By the end of this Hero phase, I had 49 CCP. I decided to try the trick of the AstroBear and additional summon from that unit. Ultimately, it was a pointless gesture, but it was fun to do! AstroBear came in 12" away and then 3x Rippers and another 10x Skinks summoned in 12" away from the AstroBear. Again, it was neat to see it happen. I charged into the LoC with the lone Ripper and 10x Skinks. I used Wary Fighter to position the Skinks ot of combat, but all 10 were within 6" of Tzeentch's objective. The LoC did it's one melee attack, but whiffed. At the end of my turn, I controlled both objectives and won.”

My Post Game Analysis:

I was outplayed and I didn’t know what to do in the moment as he had those ripperdactls which deepstrike within 3”….so I protect heroes until they are revealed but then I’m stuck and he keeps summoning ****** on his objective so effortlessly. Even if I had killed off the wave of attackers then he would have had plenty of stuff to throw right back at me. I protect my heroes, but then I can’t move. I move units then he attacks my heroes.  It was clear that I was going to lose once the Tzaangors were down to 4, in my mind. Maybe I should have moved the enlightened with the herald, maybe I should have summoned something else . Am open to comments/critiques

Edited by MattyP

23 hours ago, MattyP said:

Here is a battle report my friend wrote for our game....same Seraphon player as the last report

Nice batrep. I played against Seraphon last sunday too. By the end of battle round 2, I was ahead in victory points 14 - 1. He then had the double turn but if we would have played battle round 3 it would have been 20 - 2.

Seraphon seem like a bad matchup for Tzeentch because of their good casting/denying, bonus against daemons and anti-mortal wound shenanigans, but our high speed totally compensates. It's one of the few opponents where I feel that being agressive with Tzeentch is rewarding.

We played a 2500 point game, he had some battalion with two scary Bastiladons, an engine of the gods , kroxigors and a Slann, which were very hard to deal with, but after killing the krox with my enlightened, I ended up just ignoring the rest as I controlled 80% of the board. They were trying to deal with my 30 Tzaangor blob, while all my other units were just sitting back, casting spells and looking cool.

In my opinion his mistake was deploying too far back, he should have used those bastiladons to hold the centre of the battlefield, as they're incredibly hard to break with their 3+ save and their 4+ save against mortal wounds

I'm wondering though, was your LoC worth the points? I feel like he is a bit too expensive for what he does. Sure he is decent, but I think I'd rather have a shaman to go with my tzaangors, and more enlightened, or a curseling, etc. 380 pts could buy you a lot, in most cases 2 wizards and an endless spell

1 hour ago, Caspeur said:

I'm wondering though, was your LoC worth the points? I feel like he is a bit too expensive for what he does. Sure he is decent, but I think I'd rather have a shaman to go with my tzaangors, and more enlightened, or a curseling, etc. 380 pts could buy you a lot, in most cases 2 wizards and an endless spell

I agree. A friend recommended using him. I only had 3 enlightened finished at  the time. I'll have 6 starting this week. I'm thinking to ditch the LoC, add a shaman, 3 more enlightened, and maybe the magister ....which would put me at 1220 points. I'm playing FEC this Thursday. 

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

I agree. A friend recommended using him. I only had 3 enlightened finished at  the time. I'll have 6 starting this week. I'm thinking to ditch the LoC, add a shaman, 3 more enlightened, and maybe the magister ....which would put me at 1220 points. I'm playing FEC this Thursday. 

Sounds much better to me! I've really developped a soft spot for those Tzaangor Enlightened! As long as they kill one unit of elite opponents I'm happy with them, they always do👍.  Give  the Shaman the Fold Reality spell if you have room for it; if you have only 1 enlightened yet, and you don't care about whether he survives or not, this spell is the sweetest thing ever. 

Good luck playing against FeCs, they're my second army and depending on how your opponent's list looks, you're gonna have a very, very hard time... 

Things to expect:

Situation A: Their archregent can cast/unbind two spells and gets +2 on his rolls (command trait + artefact) and he gets feeding frenzy for free once a turn (command ability to immediately fight again). FF on ghoul king on terrorgheist, 40 crypt ghouls or even 6 crypt horros/flayers could be hard to deal with. Especially the terrorgheist, beware of his "fanged maw", which is 4+ hit, 3+ wound -2 rend, D6 damage. Not too special, but then he could give it a trait to give it reroll failed hit rolls for that attack. And then there's unmodified hit rolls of 6 that deal 6 mortal wounds FLAT. Completely buffed with spells he possibly has 7 attacks on that particular profile (3 base, +1 and +D3 from spells), and with feeding frenzy that adds up to 14 attacks. Just with that profile. Expect to get atleast 12 mortal wounds from that thing. Be very careful with your heroes 🤪 It's a good thing you remove LoC because he would have been insta killed lol

Situation B comes down to the same thing as situation A, except he trades his +2 to cast/deny for the command trait for a Therrorgheist to ALWAYS attack first... rest in peace... 😓

Edited by Caspeur

1 hour ago, Xasto said:

Got a 1k tournament coming up, what do you guys think would be the most potent tzeentch list? Something like a tzaangor shaman, 9 enlightened then cheap chaff? 

Personally I'd prefer a unit of just 6 enlightened. Especially with a 1K battle. They'll be much easier to still have wholly within the aura of the Shaman without losing attacks, especially after the charge. Might want to bring 20 tzaangors too, to hold your ground, as I wouldn't trust acolytes to do the job. The big problem then though, is your lack of heroes 🙈

Edit: What about this?

--- Heroes ---

Tzaangor Shaman (180) 

Spell lore: Fold Reality

Gaunt Summoner with Chaos Familiars (180)

General: Arcane Sacrifice

Spell lore: Bolt of Tzeentch

--- Units ---

Pink Horrors 10x (200)

Spell lore: Unchecked Mutation

Kairic Acolytes 10x (80)

Tzaangor Enlightened x6 (280)

--- Endless Spells ---

Balewind Vortex (40)

Geminids (40)

Tzaangor Shaman stalks the enlightened, giving their +1 to hit. If the unit is almost dead, Fold Reality will regenerate it, very risky though.

Gaunt Summoner tries to sit atop the vortex for extended range and buff to cast, one of his familiars gives +1 to cast too (just use brimstones if you don't have the models). Use his signature spell for hordes and his bolt for big dudes (I assume both of those are played, even in just 1k battles)

Pink horrors bodyguard the Gaunt Summoner so he can do Arcane sacrifice on them. This buffs his casting, also extends range and gives you blue horror points. Regenerate them with your 1s from your destiny pool.

Kairics... well I don't know... maybe they'll try and hold your weak flank? Something like that

Enlightened as your main damage dealer. These guys are awesome. 

Geminids as a nice harrasment spell, try and make the opponents forces go to the range of your Gaunt Summoner's spells.

Alternatively, you could change Geminids and 3 enlightened for a unit of 3 skyfires, but they're nerfed and overpriced... 

Edited by Caspeur

Hello! I'm new to Tzeentch and have two questions regarding Lord of Change.

1. If you give LoC the artefact Mark of the Conjurer, does he gain two fate points per automatic since his casting roll always will be a double?

2. If I use the Change Host batallion, can I swap places on my LoC and another unit? I say that I can since he is in his own 27" bubble, but my friends say thst I can't. How do you intepret the wording of this rule?

5 hours ago, Fredenkvist said:

Hello! I'm new to Tzeentch and have two questions regarding Lord of Change.

1. If you give LoC the artefact Mark of the Conjurer, does he gain two fate points per automatic since his casting roll always will be a double?

2. If I use the Change Host batallion, can I swap places on my LoC and another unit? I say that I can since he is in his own 27" bubble, but my friends say thst I can't. How do you intepret the wording of this rule?

yes to both questions

18 hours ago, Xasto said:

Got a 1k tournament coming up, what do you guys think would be the most potent tzeentch list? Something like a tzaangor shaman, 9 enlightened then cheap chaff? 

I just tested a 1000pts list with a Greatbray Shaman as ally and it is pretty good: 

Tzaangor Shaman (general, incorporeal form, gryph-feather charm, fold reality)

Great Bray Shaman (wild rampage )

6 Enlightened

20 Tzaangors

10 Kairics

Basicly 90% of your list gets 3" move while at 12" of the beast shaman, allowing for a turn 1 charge with your tzaangors and enlightened (with destiny dices). The beast shaman spell is neat as it forces an ennemy unit to take a move towards the closest of your unit, making charges even easier

It is strong, and it can scale at 2000 with 9*2 enlightened and 30 tzaangors...

Edited by Asimov

On 5/28/2019 at 10:50 AM, Fenomeen said:

I was thinking a wooden raft  (paint a corkscrew like wood for example )with horrors on top and water basing ( if i can pull it off)

poor mans ship

but i havent really thought it through yet because i'm in no hurry to get/play the boat in my 2k list for now. but good luck be sure to post pictures if you came up with something!

Not a great photo, and the blues aren't actually painted  but I used the shadeswraith boat from dreadfleet - it's small compared to the actual model but it doesn't look too too bad when on the base. 

Currently playing around with this as a changehost, hopefully GHB 2019 drops it by 40 - 60 points for geminids or a balewind. Main goals are to sacrifice pinks from boating and arcane sacrifice, early aethervoid pendulum from the Changeling or the pinks when they move up via the boat in the hero phase if they have an easy line for sniping or shackles to slow the whole army. Then if the sacrifice/boat is enough and Changeling didn't early swap or reveal for the pendulum he can summon in blues turn 1 onto objectives or to hold up lines and to block up their move with the shackles. Seems like a fun board control list with endless tricks.

Leaders

Gaunt Summoner (Arcane sacrifice, bolt of tzeentch, gryph feather charm) 

Lord of Change (Mark of the Conjurer, Firestorm) 

Changeling ( Treason of Tzeentch (Don't love the spell, but it's super appropriate to the Changeling)

Units

3x 10 Pink horrors

2x 10 Blue Horrors

2x 10 Brimstone Horrors

Spells

Lauchon (see picture)

Aethervoid pendulum (first round changeling if they make too much of a castle or easy to set up with Lauchon on pinks)

Soulsnare shackles (also a good drop after pinks, boat themselves up turn 1, I would like the shards instead but this caps at 2k) 

2000/2000

20190602_142806.jpg

On 6/1/2019 at 4:01 AM, Paniere said:

Last game I played I deployed Changeling right in the heart of the enemy army and cast Purple Sun.  It was hilarious!

1 hour ago, Reezark_SP said:

Last game I played I deployed Changeling right in the heart of the enemy army and cast Purple Sun.  It was hilarious!

And did he survive your opponent's turn 1? Did he kill at least 200 enemy points ? I'm not convinced this would be it's most optimal use., but I'm here to be proven wrong

It was a friendly game so I wasn't keeping count but but the Sun took out a good chunk out of his 40 man Gor unit, 9 mortal wounds to his Ghorgon, a couple of Bullgors, and several units of Ungor. 

In combat the changeling killed 7 Bestigor because his hero with the crazy Gavespawn Axe was nearby. 

The Bestigors took him down ton1 wound and I was able to retreat but unfortunately the Nurgle Beastmen dona thing where when one of their units is wiped out they do a mortal wound to things within a certain distance on a +2 and that's now my Changeling was killed. The Sun that far into his army did ensure that there was no way it would wander into my units and I credit it plus my Summoner's casting for deleting pretty much his entire left flank.

Hello everyone..im new on Tzeench wanna create a "fire shot" list if is possible..here is my actually idea:

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (160)
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality

Battleline
20 x Kairic Acolytes (160)
- 17x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 3x Cursed Glaives
- 3x Cursed Glaives
- 3x Cursed Glaives

Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 129

Any suggestion to make that more competitive possible?

14 hours ago, minthras said:

Hello everyone..im new on Tzeench wanna create a "fire shot" list if is possible..here is my actually idea:

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
- Artefact: Paradoxical Shield 
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality

Battleline
- 3x Cursed Glaives
- 3x Cursed Glaives
- 3x Cursed Glaives

Units

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 129

Any suggestion to make that more competitive possible?

Wait til the next generals handbook is a great start 😂

Outside of waiting for the next GHB, I'm pretty sure you'll soon realize that Kairics are not exactly very good, depending on whom you play against.

It might be better to go for Horrors instead - shooting feels very overrated against anything that has decent saves and Horrors at least net you lots of bodies (and more shooting!) due to splitting and they can cast spells which translates into MW (aka useful shooting).

Or you get the Witchfyre Coven, where Kairics shoot twice. I haven't played it but Enlightened are sexy and you'd double your shots... what's not to love about this one? And the Pyrofane Cult would turn them into actually dangerous units (but it would be kinda far removed from what you plan...)

Why would you go for two Curselings? 

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Outside of waiting for the next GHB, I'm pretty sure you'll soon realize that Kairics are not exactly very good, depending on whom you play against.

It might be better to go for Horrors instead - shooting feels very overrated against anything that has decent saves and Horrors at least net you lots of bodies (and more shooting!) due to splitting and they can cast spells which translates into MW (aka useful shooting).

Or you get the Witchfyre Coven, where Kairics shoot twice. I haven't played it but Enlightened are sexy and you'd double your shots... what's not to love about this one? And the Pyrofane Cult would turn them into actually dangerous units (but it would be kinda far removed from what you plan...)

Why would you go for two Curselings? 

If you mean the gh 2019 i dont think will change nothing about the situacion for DoT,if you mean the release of new battletome,GW already said they will not release new battletome for this year so waiting until 2020  for start an army its pretty ridicolous for me ^^ 2 Curseling  cuz 2 more casters and well the thing i can cast in the enemy turn its good,yeah agree with the idea of pyro cult the problem is need to pay a lot for take it 140+120+180 otherwise i can try like this:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Magister (140)
Tzaangor Shaman (180)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened (200)

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (120)
Arcanite Cabal (180)
The Pyrofane Cult (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Wounds: 109

10 minutes ago, minthras said:

If you mean the gh 2019 i dont think will change nothing about the situacion for DoT,if you mean the release of new battletome,GW already said they will not release new battletome for this year so waiting until 2020  for start an army its pretty ridicolous for me ^^

GW said each Grand Alliance will get a battletome until the end of 2019.