AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I read in this topic that the gaunt summoner uses the silver tower faq. but isnt that designed for the skirmish play? does anyone have a link as to where it states we can now allocate wounds on familiars ourselves.

Since the warscroll app still says the original text and not the silver tower

Edited by Fenomeen

38 minutes ago, Fenomeen said:

I read in this topic that the gaunt summoner uses the silver tower faq. but isnt that designed for the skirmish play? does anyone have a link as to where it states we can now allocate wounds on familiars ourselves.

Since the warscroll app still says the original text and not the silver tower

In the AoS app search for “gaunt summoner and chaos familiars” not just gaunt summoner. All the rules are there, updated Feb 2019.

2 minutes ago, Mo7650 said:

In the AoS app search for “gaunt summoner and chaos familiars” not just gaunt summoner. All the rules are there, updated Feb 2019.

In the app it still states that the attacker can choose to remove one familiar or not. So that means that the Silver Tower ruling for the same model gets overruled?

So, for endless spells, what would people like to see? What would they be/look like and what would their abilities be? ......maybe something like whirlwind of change....has effects similar to vortex beast, where you will a dive and consult a chart for each unit it passed across

Hmmm, if Chaos Warriors get no new rules and models when GW gets to rework Slaves to Darkness (Darkoath, whatever- just release it already!), I'd like something that buffs our saves. Some "Iron Aura" or "Shiftings Mists" or something, so that our battlelines wouldn't get killed as quickly vs. more melee-focused armies (Khorne, Ironjawz, Nurgle). Because right now all we can do is throw masses of Horrors at them in my experience - who are pretty much useless outside of being a buffer vs more elite cc troops.

Playing against such armies I've come to love Shield of Fate and an Enlightened deathball. 

Either way, at least one of the three spells should be pretty random in outcome as that would fit so very well, maybe some kind of oracle-thingy.

I think a spell affecting movement would be good, something like a fata morgana/mirage that gets enemy units to maybe fall for it and get lost in the illusion (much like mortals wander around the crystal labyrinths).

Just some ideas... we got plenty of basic damage spells in our tome and there are endless spells for that already, so yeah, some nice tricks would be fun.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:02 AM, Fenomeen said:

In the app it still states that the attacker can choose to remove one familiar or not. So that means that the Silver Tower ruling for the same model gets overruled?

The app is primarily an army building tool, not a rules reference. Battletomes, GHB, and FAQs/Errata all override it.

The GS with Familiars is listed under the Silver Tower FAQ, because that is the only place that model has been released and had rules printed.

probably been asked a zillion times since the book dropped but does the Fantasmagoria of Fate actually add anything to Tzeentch crews that we are lacking? I could see it bringing in some punchy units like Doombulls, Shaggoths and Bullgors and maybe some cheap chaff, but do any of these really mesh with what Tzeentch lists are wanting to do?

2 minutes ago, mrbedlam said:

probably been asked a zillion times since the book dropped but does the Fantasmagoria of Fate actually add anything to Tzeentch crews that we are lacking? I could see it bringing in some punchy units like Doombulls, Shaggoths and Bullgors and maybe some cheap chaff, but do any of these really mesh with what Tzeentch lists are wanting to do?

Gives you a 1- drop army with access to cheaper battleline (ungors) so you can concentrate on Tzaangor enlightened, etc. Pretty strong. Even if you wanted to add lord of change and maybe one more arcanite/daemon you’ll still mostly be going first. 

3 hours ago, mrbedlam said:

I wouldn't run Bullgors. They are super swingy, and math-wise Enlightened are by far the most damage-pr-point unit in the entire BoC list. Getting a 1-drop army plus access to incredible fast battleline/screen (10 Ungors for 60 pts) is most likely why people prefer BoC over Tzeentch if all you want to do is bring Tzaangor models.

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

I wouldn't run Bullgors. They are super swingy, and math-wise Enlightened are by far the most damage-pr-point unit in the entire BoC list. Getting a 1-drop army plus access to incredible fast battleline/screen (10 Ungors for 60 pts) is most likely why people prefer BoC over Tzeentch if all you want to do is bring Tzaangor models.

I guess thats kind of my thoughts on the battalion in general. If you are running it, is it better served being a Beast of Chaos army than a Tzeentch list? Does the access to Tzeentch Daemons and Destiny Dice do anything better than the Herd stone and the Greatfrays? I could see a Cygor using Destiny Dice to make it a straight wizard sniper but Bolt of Tzeentch kind of does that already on a Lord of Change and from a longer distance if you have spell portal up.

3 minutes ago, mrbedlam said:

I guess thats kind of my thoughts on the battalion in general. If you are running it, is it better served being a Beast of Chaos army than a Tzeentch list? Does the access to Tzeentch Daemons and Destiny Dice do anything better than the Herd stone and the Greatfrays? I could see a Cygor using Destiny Dice to make it a straight wizard sniper but Bolt of Tzeentch kind of does that already on a Lord of Change and from a longer distance if you have spell portal up.

I play BoC and haven't played a pure Tzeentch army, so can't really comment on the funky stuff you can do with Destiny Dice etc. Keep in mind the Herdstone is a very limited factor - The terrain piece is actually very counterintuitive compared to how the army plays overall. The Herdstone aura is so tiny and grows very slowly, yet the army is all about rushing across the table in turn 1/2, meaning you fight away from the battleshock immunity/-1 save bubble. 

Hello my fellow Tzeentch players, this weekend Iattended the Tireux d'Dés Grand Clash, in Trois-Rivières, Québec. A 2 day, 6 games event with 40 players, making it one of the largest AoS event in Canada.

I'm happy to report that I took 4th overall at the tournament, going 5 wins 1 loss. Pretty happy with how everything went, the list runs quite well and can be quite potent, even vs the new, stronger armies in the meta (looking at u FEC and Skaven :P)

Win vs FEC (Gristlegore), Win vs Seraphon, Loss vs FEC (The Feast Day), Win vs Stormcast, Win vs Skaven and Win vs Tzeentch (the only other Tzeentch at the event, and we did not know each other but funily enough ended up using VERY similar lists).

I attached my list, let me know what you guys think! 

Twistfyre.pdf

Edited by Xasto
  • Thanks 1

I was disappointed I didn't get to fight a Tzeentch army at Adepticon.  (I used Legion of Azgorh in the Championships, and Skaven in the Vanguard).  Definitely noticed a distinct lack of Tzeentch there, and what I saw was either loads of the Horrors or loads of Enlightened on Discs.  Hope they still let the Changleling and Blue Scribes do cool stuff in the updated tome when it drops!

10 hours ago, Xasto said:

Hello my fellow Tzeentch players, this weekend Iattended the Tireux d'Dés Grand Clash, in Trois-Rivières, Québec. A 2 day, 6 games event with 40 players, making it one of the largest AoS event in Canada.

I'm happy to report that I took 4th overall at the tournament, going 5 wins 1 loss. Pretty happy with how everything went, the list runs quite well and can be quite potent, even vs the new, stronger armies in the meta (looking at u FEC and Skaven :P)

Win vs FEC (Gristlegore), Win vs Seraphon, Loss vs FEC (The Feast Day), Win vs Stormcast, Win vs Skaven and Win vs Tzeentch (the only other Tzeentch at the event, and we did not know each other but funily enough ended up using VERY similar lists).

Twistfyre.pdf 6.24 kB · 12 downloads

Would be helpful to get a little battle report off you for each game. I’m keen to know how you won the first FEC game :) 

good looking list too 

21 hours ago, Xasto said:

Twistfyre.pdf 6.24 kB · 24 downloads

I was just about to make a post picking the brains of other players on how a Tzeentch army approaches the FEC problem, looks like you found a solution that works for you!  A rundown of how you use the list would be fantastic when you get a moment.

As for the rest of us, how do we handle the FEC/Gristlegore problem?  I've seen what they can do first hand while playing Stormcast and I'm newly transitioning to Tzeentch/BoC, so I'm weighing out my options.  So far there are a few tools I've come up with but I would definitely like to hear thoughts from the rest of you.

• - to hit from geminids and dirgehorn
  • Spell damage from bolt of tzeentch, infernal gateway, fireblast
  • Skyfire shooting
  • Horror chaff walls

Shackles and the Prismatic Palisade are great for slowing down melee-focused opponents or denying them a certain route as well - at least in my experience they've worked pretty damn well (especially once when he was trapped with a pendulum on the other side of the palisade).

On 4/15/2019 at 12:21 PM, Xasto said:

Twistfyre.pdf 6.24 kB · 29 downloads

How did your Kairic Acolytes have 4 cursed glaives?  Doesn’t the warscroll only allow for 3 glaives in every 10 models?   I’m new to Tzeentch (and AoS for that matter), so I’m trying to figure out what I’m missing.

18 hours ago, CountryMou3e said:

Would be helpful to get a little battle report off you for each game. I’m keen to know how you won the first FEC game :) 

good looking list too 

I might try and get around to that, tho it will take some time haha. First game was basically me completely avoiding one side of the board where his big monsters were setup, and then destroying the other side where he summoned ghould and flayers. Not gonna lie, he made some crucial mistakes like not respecting the double turn, so when he approached with his general later in the game the LoC was able to burst him down. I played well, but the mistakes he made really gave me the game.

6 hours ago, Lexalopolis said:

I was just about to make a post picking the brains of other players on how a Tzeentch army approaches the FEC problem, looks like you found a solution that works for you!  A rundown of how you use the list would be fantastic when you get a moment.

As for the rest of us, how do we handle the FEC/Gristlegore problem?  I've seen what they can do first hand while playing Stormcast and I'm newly transitioning to Tzeentch/BoC, so I'm weighing out my options.  So far there are a few tools I've come up with but I would definitely like to hear thoughts from the rest of you.

• - to hit from geminids and dirgehorn
  • Spell damage from bolt of tzeentch, infernal gateway, fireblast
  • Skyfire shooting
  • Horror chaff walls

What I use in my beasts of chaos, and could theoretically also be applied to Tzeentch, is the Wildfyre Taurus. Really usefull to tag that Gristlegore General.

As for my list, which obviously does not include this endless spell, I'd say you gotta know your priorities in which spell you want to unbind with the LoC, which are almost guaranteed with the Fate Dice. #1 is Spectral Host (run and charge), #2 is Unholy Vitality (5++ ignore wounds) and a close #3 would be the Arch-Reagent's own spell (d3 attacks). Those I find must be stopped at all cost if we're to have a chance to burst down the big terrorgheists and Zombie Dragons. My loss on game 3 vs FEC basically was me moving my LoC out of range to unbind these spells. He then proceeded to double turn me, which completely opened one of my flanks. At a certain point I even had his general and another one of his big bads at 1 and 3 wounds respectively, but lost the priority roll and he healed up and charged my heroes. Close game, but I made a crucial mistake which dealt me too big of a blow.

4 minutes ago, Skoatz said:

How did your Kairic Acolytes have 4 cursed glaives?  Doesn’t the warscroll only allow for 3 glaives in every 10 models?   I’m new to Tzeentch (and AoS for that matter), so I’m trying to figure out what I’m missing.

You are right, that is probably an error on my part when writting the list, my Kairic Acolytes did have 3 glaives! :P

Sorry for the big wall of text!

• Thanks 3

in a few days  imma gonna play a 1500 points tournament.
The only requirement is 3 battleline. I would like some advice/discussion about my list.

Tzaangors Shaman (fold reality)
Gaunt summoner - general (bolt of tzeentch - mark of the conjurer)
Curseling (treacherous bound)
chaos sorcerer lord on manticore (infusion arcanum)

pink horror x10 (unchecked mutation)
Kairic x10
kairic x10

Tzaangors enlightened x6

balewind vortex
pendulum
geminids 
shackles

I can create 11 fate points turno with this configuration

any comments about my list will br greats

Not sure how you'd get 11 fate points reliably per turn - shaman has 1 spell, gaunt summoner (with balewind) 3, curseling 2, CSL 1, PH 1.... rolling doubles with the Gaunt is possible but in general you'd just get 8 points (or less if your spells fizzle).

Outside of that this looks like a decent list although more wounds/units might be wise and I'm not sure if the CSL really offers enough punch against big threats or armored elites (cause else you only got Enlightened - Kairics are useless as soon as the enemy gets to them, same with Horrors who only buy you time).

Does Infusion Arcanum even work on the sorcerer lord (or better said: on the manticore)?

You might want to consider "Shield of Fate" - it's pretty amazing if you got enough fate dice. 

Hey guys,  have any of you Tzeentch players encountered this issue before?

We stumbled upon something when facing Tzeentch.
The opponent had Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch. I casted Warp Lightning Vortex, and Curseling managed to dispell it. 

It states in the Curseling warscroll:

"Each time a Curseling successfully unbinds an enemy spell, he can immediately attempt to cast it himself even though it is your opponent’s hero phase. If this spell is cast, your opponent cannot attempt to unbind it."

But, on the Warp Lightning Vortex warscroll it states:

"Summon Warp Lightning Vortex has a casting value of 8. Only Skaventide Wizards can attempt to cast this spell."

So the question is, would the Curseling be able to cast the Vortex?

Would he need the modell himself? Would he need to set off 100 points to be able to recast it? Would he be able to cast it even the spell states "Skaventide Wizards only"?

On 4/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, Xasto said:

Twistfyre.pdf 6.24 kB · 62 downloads

@Xasto hey why did you choose spell portal over balewind or other endless spells?