AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Thanks for the answer - I don't see the extra spell on the online warscroll of the BWV but that is probably outdated. Either way, a Gaunt with three spells is amazing. The guy (and the LoC, though he's so damn expensive at almost 400 points...) is the one character that always does his job.

Loc is also strong. Together they work well. My 2k list at the moment runs them both with blue scribes and pink horrors. I'm seeing some success. Trying to get back into after a 6 month hiatus. 

Just now, Asimov said:

I really hope your wrong, because I bet the other way ^^
I think the marauders are gonna get revamped and the chaos warrios may stay the same. I got the big StD battlebox already 😛 
Maybe what would content us both is if they redo both sets... 

Honestly, if love the the rules/points to stay the same as far as marauders go, but I'd really like them to get a new kit, those models are bleurgh. 

26 minutes ago, obmik1 said:

Honestly, if love the the rules/points to stay the same as far as marauders go, but I'd really like them to get a new kit, those models are bleurgh. 

This!
I did not buy any because of this. And if they don't get a new kit with the battletome. I will look for other minis manufacturer

30 minutes ago, Asimov said:

This!
I did not buy any because of this. And if they don't get a new kit with the battletome. I will look for other minis manufacturer

I really just want to run acolytes as marauders, which I don't think is too farfetched. And my friends wouldn't mind this. But the fact that the base size is different bothers me to know end.

Well, Darkoath so far doesn't look sophisticated enough for Tzeentch anyways. They're not far from mere animals compared to our glorious minions. ;) Nobody you'd want to play with would mind you using acolytes as marauders though.

I hope that we get new Chaos Warriors or at least Chosen/Varanguard on foot. I love my Tzeentch stuff dearly but I want at least a unit or two of sexy new Warriors or Chosen simply because they are iconic, got me into Warhammer and while the basic models are actually still quite good, their static pose really dates em. They'd also be great for converting Curselings and Fatemasters (I do dig Vilitch though).

20 hours ago, MitGas said:

Well, Darkoath so far doesn't look sophisticated enough for Tzeentch anyways. They're not far from mere animals compared to our glorious minions. ;) Nobody you'd want to play with would mind you using acolytes as marauders though.

I hope that we get new Chaos Warriors or at least Chosen/Varanguard on foot. I love my Tzeentch stuff dearly but I want at least a unit or two of sexy new Warriors or Chosen simply because they are iconic, got me into Warhammer and while the basic models are actually still quite good, their static pose really dates em. They'd also be great for converting Curselings and Fatemasters (I do dig Vilitch though).

Really liked painting Vilitch:

I agree though, it could use a  new style and the Fatemaster do need a good revamped. 

Curseling Front.jpg

Curseling Back.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

looks cool! little tip with resin though, place it in recently boiled water then under a cold tap and the sword would have been nice and straight :)

Yes I did try that, and at some point I was afraid to brake it 😛 

2 hours ago, Asimov said:

Really liked painting Vilitch:

I agree though, it could use a  new style and the Fatemaster do need a good revamped. 

I'd say Vilitch is still a great model (I also got one but mine isn't painted yet - nice job btw.) and the right size but Finecast isn't plastic... ;) The Fatemaster needs an update ASAP though, you're right on that one - he really sticks out in a bad way IMO.

All right everyone.  Hear me out.

Allegiance: Chaos
Kairos Fateweaver (380)
Herald of Tzeentch on Disc (140)
- Staff of Change
Herald of Tzeentch on Disc (140)
- Staff of Change
30 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (540)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (80)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (280)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (140)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120

So cast Fold Reality on the 30 unit of Pinks.  Use the Fateweaver's ability to change the roll to a 1 to destroy them generating 60 summoning pts.  Run up the Heralds and then summon 6 units of Blues to box in the opposing army as must as possible.  Rest of the army racks up VPs on the objectives.  Enlightened plug up any holes as best they can.  Has anyone tried anything like this?  It seems high variance.  There are some armies you just don't want to be that close to....  

• Like 1

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (380)
- Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer 
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (180)
- General
- Trait: Arcane Sacrifice 
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc(280)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened (200)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 109
This is my actual list. 

Magic heavy Focus.

But after read some post my question is?

Is there only way to play DoT actually? I mean 9 enlightered Folds kairos combo?

1 hour ago, Curzex said:

Leaders
Lord Of Change (380)
- Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer 
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (180)
- General
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)

Units
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc(280)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened (200)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Wounds: 109
This is my actual list. 

Magic heavy Focus.

But after read some post my question is?

Is there only way to play DoT actually? I mean 9 enlightered Folds kairos combo?

Exactly what I'm wondering....  I hope not but I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I have found change-host be be a solid option.  The battalion ability is a complete game changer and lots of the demon unit are under rated.  Not going to be wiping out other armies but they are amazing at objectives.

How do you feel about the limited number of units we can field? Once those units in the battalion are destroyed you lose the benefit. Units summoned do not gain the benefit. And the one thing horrors are good at is dying(Not saying that's a bad thing). The battallion list doesn't do anything else either because of the points investment. So all you have is chaff, chaff shooting and magic. No combat, which happens up to 10 phases in a game. 

Not trying to poo poo change host here, actually I'm hoping you can convince me it's worth the monitary investment because I'd love to run a list like that, but I'd also like to win games.

3 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

I have found change-host be be a solid option.  The battalion ability is a complete game changer and lots of the demon unit are under rated.  Not going to be wiping out other armies but they are amazing at objectives.

How so? Since the FAQ and points increase , it feels far from game changing 

12 hours ago, CountryMou3e said:

How so? Since the FAQ and points increase , it feels far from game changing 

It's not crazy broken like it was, but combined with the benefits of a very low drop army and extra cost/artifact it's still solid.  A big benefit is that it migates on of the main disadvantages of a magic heavy army, get given first turn and not being able to do much damage.  The free movement from swapping units means your horrors are casting turn one and screamer can easily cap objectives deep in enemy territory.   I usually use a tanky LoC (Gryph-feather and/or incoporial) who is great to hold up many types of unit before switching out if needed elsewhere.  Pinks can be switch onto opponents objectives very early (turn one with changling) so they have to be dealt.with, giving you plenty of blues without spending resources on killing them yourself.  Enemy hero's will find it hard to hide from the magical onslaught, it's rare for my opponents to have any hero's left by turn 3.  You can fit in a unit of Tzaangors or enlightened with it in 2 k points, if having a solid combat unit is important to you.

Hi everyone,

What is the general opinion on the Arcanite Cabal? For 180 points you get a minimum of 3 extra spells/summoning points (with the magister as the leader possibly many more), efficiency in spending destiny dice, three less drops and an extra artifact. Point wise it looks really efficient - and still I never see it played. What am I missing?

Regards,

Nick 

Edited by NJohansson

With recent Tzeentch themed Beasts of Chaos success (UK Masters) is that the way competitive Tzeentch should be moving? Either Phantasmagoria or Tzaangor Coven  running as many enlightened as possible seems like the strongest list to me - less characters more alpha strike, my examples are either:

Tzaangor Coven list (1990/2000 AQSHY, 6 drop)

Gaunt Summoner with familiars (180, arcane sacrifice, wellspring of arcane might)

Fatemaster (120, smouldering helm) 

2x Great Bray Shaman (100 each)(allies)

Battleline

20x Tzaangors (360)

2x10 Kairic Acolytes (80 each)

9x Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs (420)

6x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Tzaangor Coven (110, Tzaangor, Enlightened, Skyfires)

Balewind vortex (40 pts)

OR 

Phantasmagoria (AQSHY) (2000/2000, 3 Drop, 1 CP)

Gaunt Summoner with familiars (180, arcane sacrifice, wellspring of arcane might)

2x Great Bray Shaman (100 each)

30 Tzaangor (480)

2x10 Ungors (60 each)

6x Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs (280)

On 2/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, NJohansson said:

Hi everyone,

What is the general opinion on the Arcanite Cabal? For 180 points you get a minimum of 3 extra spells/summoning points (with the magister as the leader possibly many more), efficiency in spending destiny dice, three less drops and an extra artifact. Point wise it looks really efficient - and still I never see it played. What am I missing?

Regards,

Nick 

It's not worth it to be honest. For one summoning via spells isn't worth it, while shamans and magisters are our worst casters. And dont get many if any bonuses to casting. Appart from that the best spells are the ones printed on war scrolls. 

23 hours ago, SugarMaple82 said:

With recent Tzeentch themed Beasts of Chaos success (UK Masters) is that the way competitive Tzeentch should be moving? Either Phantasmagoria or Tzaangor Coven  running as many enlightened as possible seems like the strongest list to me - less characters more alpha strike, my examples are either:

Tzaangor Coven list (1990/2000 AQSHY, 6 drop)

2x Great Bray Shaman (100 each)(allies)

Battleline

20x Tzaangors (360)

2x10 Kairic Acolytes (80 each)

6x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Tzaangor Coven (110, Tzaangor, Enlightened, Skyfires)

Balewind vortex (40 pts)

OR 

Phantasmagoria (AQSHY) (2000/2000, 3 Drop, 1 CP)

2x Great Bray Shaman (100 each)

30 Tzaangor (480)

2x10 Ungors (60 each)

6x Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs (280)

I'd drop the tzaangors to 10 man units. Both list look like they need staying power.

I have played a few variations of Tzeentch now and by far my favorite, and most successful has been a list revolving around the big boss Archaon. Treacherous Bond is ridiculous when paired with his great saves, and a unit of Acolytes with shields to pass his damage on to. Adding in a Chaos Warshrine gives both Archaon and the Acolytes an addition means of mitigation, triggering twice for each point of damage. This is the list I have been running in a ranked league in my area and I am currently 9 - 1, with the only loss due to unfortunate scenario randomness with the relocation orb despite tabling the opponent by round 4.

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
- General
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might 
Archaon (660)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)

Battleline
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 11x Pair of Savage Blade
- 8x Savage Greatblade
- 1x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
20 x Kairic Acolytes (160)
- 14x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 6x Cursed Glaives

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

• LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Devan said:

I have played a few variations of Tzeentch now and by far my favorite, and most successful has been a list revolving around the big boss Archaon. Treacherous Bond is ridiculous when paired with his great saves, and a unit of Acolytes with shields to pass his damage on to. Adding in a Chaos Warshrine gives both Archaon and the Acolytes an addition means of mitigation, triggering twice for each point of damage. This is the list I have been running in a ranked league in my area and I am currently 9 - 1, with the only loss due to unfortunate scenario randomness with the relocation orb despite tabling the opponent by round 4.

Leaders
- General
Archaon (660)
Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)

Battleline
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 11x Pair of Savage Blade
- 8x Savage Greatblade
- 1x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
20 x Kairic Acolytes (160)
- 14x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 6x Cursed Glaives

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (160)

Endless Spells
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Got a StD battleforce already with the shrine, once i get my handson Archaon I will definitly give it a try!
But I don't think you can trigger twice the feel no paine of the acolytes' shields and of the warshrine since you can't throw the same dice twice outside of a reroll

Edited by Asimov
  • Like 1

A list with Archaon where I get rid of the shrine and give it more punch and summonning power:

- General
Archaon (660)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Tzaangor Shaman (180)
9 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (420)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Wounds: 97

The enlighteneds move fast with the shaman sticking with them (he benefits from Wellspring of Arcane might if he sticks around the summoner)
20 Pinks to sacrifice with the pendulum
The vortex because it is cheaper than the cogs and the combo with Arcane sacrifice to get a spellcasting range of 33" 

Edited by Asimov