AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Thanks for the LoC/Kairos advice! I've worked out the rest of the list and posting for feedback; 

+++ New Roster (Age of Sigmar) [1980pts] +++

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Chaos - Tzeentch) [1980pts] ++

+ Leader +

Herald of Tzeentch : 6. Tzeentch's Inferno, Ritual Dagger

Lord of Change : 1. Bolt of Tzeentch, 3. Magical Supremacy, Baleful Sword, General

Ogroid Thaumaturge : 6. Treacherous Bond

Tzaangor Shaman : 1. Bolt of Tzeentch

+ Battleline +

Kairic Acolytes : 2x 10 Kairic Acolytes, 20x Cursed Blade and Arcanite Shield

Tzaangors : 10 Tzaangors, Brayhorns, Icon Bearers, 6x Savage Blade and Arcanite Shield, 4x Savage Greatblade

Tzaangors : 10 Tzaangors, Brayhorns, Icon Bearers, 6x Savage Blade and Arcanite Shield, 4x Savage Greatblade

+ Other +

Blue Horrors of Tzeentch : 10 Blue Horrors

Flamers of Tzeentch : 3 Flamers

Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs of Tzeentch : 2x 3 Tzaangor Enlightened, Disc of Tzeentch

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Tzeentch

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Created with BattleScribe

I already own the LoC/Kairos, Herald, the flamers and the Blue Horrors so they're in there to use (I have a start collecting box as well as the LoC and Blue/Brimstone box). I thought the Blues could sit on an objective while the rest of the army advances and does the real work. 

2 hours ago, TactfulSaturn said:

Works well for me, I don't really miss having pinks as I tend to prefer a 'hit them hard and fast' kind of play style and then grab objectives when they haven't got much left.  I'm also toying with the idea of changing the Tzaangor for another unit of 10 Acolytes and a seperate squad of 6 Enlightened but I haven't decided whether to make that investment yet or not. 

at least one unit of pinks needs to be staple in most lists I think. Along with an endless spell to start farming blues, its a really underrated strong point of tzeentch right now. One I used to great effect at a recent tournament, well timed deployment of summoned blues won most of my games. yes killing things hard and fast is great, but this is an objective game at the end of the day :) 

• Like 2

Hi all! I'm a new AoS player (despite being a wargamer for over 20 years now) and atm I'm a bit lost reading the corebook, general's handbook, DoT tome and all the errata. This said, I currently own the Silver tower models , 1X start collecting demons of T , 1X blue horrors&brimstones, 1X LoC. Since I've not mastered the rules yet, I'm asking for advices for putting togethere a 1k pts list, starting with what I got.  Also, if I'm short in points , which would the best new entries be? Thanks all for the help provided! 

My list for a 2K tournament in 2 days:   Heavy heroes, with decent MWa and might go well against monsters, fast, but… might be killed rapidly. Just wanted to try it as I just finished painting the LoC :)

Heroes: 

Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot (200)  General - Command Trait : Nexus of Fate  - Staff of Change - Lore of Change : Unchecked Mutation

Kairos Fateweaver (380) - Lore of Change : Bolt of Tzeentch

Lord of Change (380) 1 Artefact :   Wellspring of Arcane Might  - Lore of Change : Fold Reality

Ogroid Thaumaturge (180)  - Lore of Fate : Infusion Arcanum

Units: 

3 x Screamers of Tzeentch (100) 

3 x Screamers of Tzeentch (100) 

1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100) 

1 x Burning Chariots of Tzeentch (160) 

10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)  - Lore of Change : Treason of Tzeentch

10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)  - Lore of Change : Bolt of Tzeentch

TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0     WOUNDS: 92
LEADERS: 4/6    BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)    BEHEMOTHS: 2/4    ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 1/1    ALLIES: 0/40

PS: Mainly for the fun :) photos of the army attached

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

• LOVE IT! 2

On 1/25/2019 at 11:17 AM, zombiepiratexxx said:

Thanks for the LoC/Kairos advice! I've worked out the rest of the list and posting for feedback; 

+++ New Roster (Age of Sigmar) [1980pts] +++

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Chaos - Tzeentch) [1980pts] ++

+ Leader +

Herald of Tzeentch : 6. Tzeentch's Inferno, Ritual Dagger

Lord of Change : 1. Bolt of Tzeentch, 3. Magical Supremacy, Baleful Sword, General

Ogroid Thaumaturge : 6. Treacherous Bond

Tzaangor Shaman : 1. Bolt of Tzeentch

+ Battleline +

Kairic Acolytes : 2x 10 Kairic Acolytes, 20x Cursed Blade and Arcanite Shield

+ Other +

Blue Horrors of Tzeentch : 10 Blue Horrors

Flamers of Tzeentch : 3 Flamers

Tzaangor Enlightened on Discs of Tzeentch : 2x 3 Tzaangor Enlightened, Disc of Tzeentch

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Tzeentch

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Created with BattleScribe

I already own the LoC/Kairos, Herald, the flamers and the Blue Horrors so they're in there to use (I have a start collecting box as well as the LoC and Blue/Brimstone box). I thought the Blues could sit on an objective while the rest of the army advances and does the real work. 

Try incorporeal form on the loc, he’s surprising dirty in combat 

Hey guys so the recent discussion about fielding both LoC and Kairos in the same list got me thinking... what do you all think of something like this?

Lord of Change (General)
Arch-Sorcerer
Gryphfeather Charm

Kairos Fateweaver

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore

BATTLELINE

Kairic Acolytes x10

Kairic Acolytes x10

Pink Horrors x10

OTHER:

Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc x9

Chaos Knights x5

Cockatrice

Quick weird question about the fold reality spell.

If i summon a full  unit of chaos spawn 6x and 2 of them dies, and then i summon 2 more to the unit so it's full again.

And then use fold reality:

Fold Reality has a casting value of 7. Ifsuccessfullycast, pick a visible friendly unit of TZEENTCH DAEMONSwithin 18" of the caster and roll a dice. On a roll of 2 or more, you can return that many slain models to the unit. On a roll of 1, the unit is wiped out!

Can i then bring back the 2 slained models to the chaos spawn unit so it exceeds the total unit size of6, so now it's 8 in the unit, but the unit limit is 6?

9 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

Quick weird question about the fold reality spell.

If i summon a full  unit of chaos spawn 6x and 2 of them dies, and then i summon 2 more to the unit so it's full again.

And then use fold reality:

Fold Reality has a casting value of 7. Ifsuccessfullycast, pick a visible friendly unit of TZEENTCH DAEMONSwithin 18" of the caster and roll a dice. On a roll of 2 or more, you can return that many slain models to the unit. On a roll of 1, the unit is wiped out!

Can i then bring back the 2 slained models to the chaos spawn unit so it exceeds the total unit size of6, so now it's 8 in the unit, but the unit limit is 6?

Chaos spawn don't have the daemon key word so fold reality doesn't work on them. 

I also don't believe that fold reality can take a unit beyond its starting models no matter what but I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, obmik1 said:

Chaos spawn don't have the daemon key word so fold reality doesn't work on them. 

I also don't believe that fold reality can take a unit beyond its starting models no matter what but I could be wrong.

Anyone else here know if fold reality could bring back more than the starting value if you had summon in more untis previously

Just now, CountryMou3e said:

It returns slain models , so if 4 models had previously been slain, 4 is the max you can return. 

Yeah i get that, but what if 4 models had been slain previously, but then i summon in more to the unit before i return the slain models?
So now the unit is full again but it still has slained models

13 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

Yeah i get that, but what if 4 models had been slain previously, but then i summon in more to the unit before i return the slain models?
So now the unit is full again but it still has slained models

Using pinks as an example: 

From a 10 pink unit, 4 died in turn one but I rolled a 1 for battleshock and returned 6 (cause in this example, I’m legit lucky)

turn 2 , I fold reality and roll a 6 again (who’d have thought! :) ) but only get to return four models to the unit that had previously been slain 

now my unit of pinks is 16 

Edited by CountryMou3e

1 hour ago, CountryMou3e said:

Using pinks as an example: 

From a 10 pink unit, 4 died in turn one but I rolled a 1 for battleshock and returned 6 (cause in this example, I’m legit lucky)

turn 2 , I fold reality and roll a 6 again (who’d have thought! :) ) but only get to return four models to the unit that had previously been slain 

now my unit of pinks is 16 

Or 

You lose one to your own endless spell

Battle shock brings back 6. 

Your opponent kills 6. 

You can now bring back 6 with fold reality. 

6 have to have died. You can't bring back more than have been slain.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mmimzie said:

Or 

You lose one to your own endless spell

Battle shock brings back 6. 

Your opponent kills 6. 

You can now bring back 6 with fold reality. 

6 have to have died. You can't bring back more than have been slain.

Ok?...
So if the unit is full because of summoning in more models (not brining back or ress) but models in that unit have died i can use fold reality to bring back the slain models evern tho the unit is now full because of resummoning in more models.
And then the unit will exceed the total unit size.
So it will go against the rules of unit size?

Hi all so I finally have collected the models I want to use in a list and I have a game tonight. I can run my list in two ways and I'm on the fence. Which list do you think will perform better, generally speaking?

LIST 1

Gaunt Summoner (General)
Arcane Sacrifice

Lord of Change
Gryphfeather Charm

Tzaangor Shaman

BATTLELINE
Kairic Acolytes x10

Pink Horrors x10

Tzaangors x20

Chaos Warriors x10

OTHER

Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc x9

ENDLESS SPELLS

Quicksilver Swords

LIST 2

Gaunt Summoner (General)
Arcane Sacrifice

Lord of Change
Gryphfeather Charm

Tzaangor Shaman

BATTLELINE
Kairic Acolytes x10

Kairic Acolytes x10

Pink Horrors x10

OTHER:

Tzaangor Enlightenedx9

Tzaangor Skyfires x6

ENDLESS SPELLS

QuickSilver Swords

Umbral Spellportal 

Thank you! :)

Hey all.  Looking at maybe running DoT as a new army.  I know Multitudinous Host isn't as good as it was but is it still doable?  I was thinking of maybe just running a similar list but without the Battalion.  The list seems fragile without some sort of anchor piece like 15-20 Chaos Warriors/Enlightened.  Thoughts?

30 minutes ago, Deadkitten said:

Hey all.  Looking at maybe running DoT as a new army.  I know Multitudinous Host isn't as good as it was but is it still doable?  I was thinking of maybe just running a similar list but without the Battalion.  The list seems fragile without some sort of anchor piece like 15-20 Chaos Warriors/Enlightened.  Thoughts?

I've been running 3 units of pinks as my battle line. In smaller games where that's all I've had along with heroes I've managed to pull some victories off but it needs something more. In the larger games I've been fielding 9 skyfires which has been successful. I've come to the same conclusion as you in that it needs more bodies on the board. Although choosing that unit has been difficult. Marauders would full the roll perfectly but o suspect they'll be obsolete models and rules in the not to distant future. 

My own question, is 2 heroes in a list enough? I have limited resources and try to build a 2k that I can play against everyone and in every scenario. I'm fine with proxing some games to get a feel.  I have the majority of models i need already excluding my big block.

This is what I'm thinking:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
Lord of Change (380)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
40 x Kairic Acolytes (300)

Units
9 x Tzaangor Skyfires (600)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

10 minutes ago, obmik1 said:

I've been running 3 units of pinks as my battle line. In smaller games where that's all I've had along with heroes I've managed to pull some victories off but it needs something more. In the larger games I've been fielding 9 skyfires which has been successful. I've come to the same conclusion as you in that it needs more bodies on the board. Although choosing that unit has been difficult. Marauders would full the roll perfectly but o suspect they'll be obsolete models and rules in the not to distant future. 

My own question, is 2 heroes in a list enough? I have limited resources and try to build a 2k that I can play against everyone and in every scenario. I'm fine with proxing some games to get a feel.  I have the majority of models i need already excluding my big block.

This is what I'm thinking:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
Lord of Change (380)

Battleline
40 x Kairic Acolytes (300)

Units
9 x Tzaangor Skyfires (600)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

Imo you want one more hero that’s fast , makes dropping your blues around the table much easier to achieve. Blues win games ! 😁

Edited by CountryMou3e

9 minutes ago, CountryMou3e said:

Imo you want one more hero that’s fast , makes dropping your blues around the table much easier to achieve. Blues win games ! 😁

Yeah, originally I had the blue scribes in the list. But finding 100 points for the karic acolytes is difficult. I could purchase some enlightened but I imagine theyll go up in points in ghb19. And with a bit of luck skyfires will come down some! Plus the shooting is great.

Hey Guys,

how exactly should i build kairic acolytes? i got 2x10 models.

I can have three 2handers, a bird and a scroll, weapon options are shield+ 1hand or 2x 1hands. Do the models carrying the scroll/bird (or any unit with extras like banners or horns) keep their weapon or ist it replaced?

They keep their weapons. There should be miniatures with a knife hanging at the wrist. I would recomment to build anything that is possible. All two handers and two swords, the bird, the scroll. Rest of the unit can have shields. 

2 hours ago, obmik1 said:

Yeah, originally I had the blue scribes in the list. But finding 100 points for the karic acolytes is difficult. I could purchase some enlightened but I imagine theyll go up in points in ghb19. And with a bit of luck skyfires will come down some! Plus the shooting is great.

I cant see sky fires changing in price at all to be honest, they are appropriately pointed. But i totally agree the enlightened will go up , back to 160 is the most probable. I honestly don't think you need a big block of acolytes, they are chaff and do chaff well, knock it down to 10 and put the blue scribes in and your not far off what I run. 

6 enlightened wouldn't go amiss In your list, 9 is nice but overkill in most situations. (Subjective choice!)

Edited by CountryMou3e