AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

7 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Some weeks ago I've seen a list with 9 flamers, Gaunt Summoner on foot, tunnel master and fold reality. The list finished 2nd or 3rd, can't remember. 

But the trick is obvious... 

Whats the list pleas

On 5/26/2023 at 9:15 AM, Hannibal said:

But the trick is obvious... 

Well any healing spell is obvious now is it but at least it works then i suppose. The thing is if your enemy is able to wipe the whole flamer unit they will do it if you have fold reality or not. Even if you do not bring fold reality your opponent will try to kill the 9 man flamer unit completely. Its not like they would decide to leave them be at 1-2 models just because you did not bring fold reality. Nevertheless I would be curious about that list if you still have it floating around. 

Fair enough I suppose. 

For those who have played Tzaangors. Do you bother with giving your unit champion a Greatblade? I am aware that paired blades are maximum damage for normal Tzaangors but as far as I can see the Savage Greatblade with the bonus attack from the champion theoretically outperforms giving him dual blades. But does it even matter really?

6 hours ago, Duke of Mousillon said:

Fair enough I suppose. 

For those who have played Tzaangors. Do you bother with giving your unit champion a Greatblade? I am aware that paired blades are maximum damage for normal Tzaangors but as far as I can see the Savage Greatblade with the bonus attack from the champion theoretically outperforms giving him dual blades. But does it even matter really?

I do because it looks cool. I think the damage maths out to be roughly the same though.
Not taking it to have less profiles to manage is legitimate though.

• 1 month later...

How's everyone feeling about the new GHB and what it means for our Lord and Saviour?

Feel like it's a lot to take in, however am also very excited as to what it means. I feel like the Blizzard spell is a warm welcome for Tzeentch being able to give us more Spell Damage, albeit going to be a sacrifice of putting our Heros in the line of fire. 

I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the options we now have and it seems like there will be a lot of great lists. I feel like Host Arcanum is going to be a strong one for us, especially for castle builds. 

Loving some of the new endless spell abilities this season too! Finally some excuses to paint some up and get some use out of them, like gravetide, palisade and malevolent maelstrom! 

Anyone written any lists so far? I have a couple fo fun ones that i'll share a bit later :) 

Tzaangors. I see a spell that gives -3 rend to the Tzaangors 33 Blade attacks and I say that that is not ok. Still only go with units of 10. Maybe Curseling? Depending on what wizards will be running around. He still will not beat the Elfs or Lizardmen but I suppose if I run no WizardChicken I run him. Even with the point cost cuts idk if generic wizardchickens are still not always overshadowed by Kairos. They are probably still overpriced for a two cast wizard? But 60 points might be enough to not always choose Kairos. The points cut on flamers and exalted flamers look more interesting to me then the wizardchicken ones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 7:11 AM, Duke of Mousillon said:

Should work if you only run a unit of 10.

I reckon 10 unit Tzaangs with paired weapons is the way to go. You can shield of fate them to give a ward roll (better one if you have the DD) and Hoarfrost them for that rend. They would still tie something up for a turn and do some damage, whilst you save a choppy unit behind for if you get the double, but the Tzaangs to tie something up if you don't. 

Their roll a dice for each Wizard around is cute, and would work well against Lumineth/the current GHB pushing for more Wizards. 

I am still wondering about foot Enlightened as utility. They could be cheap second lines for the frontline Tzaangors. They are so cheap, they have to be good at something. Though I heard that people have been using Cockatrice as allies to function as that second line, not necessarily for Tzaangors but generally speaking. 

Edited by Duke of Mousillon

• 1 month later...

Played a 2000 point game against Khorne. Was a blind match up. My list was Host Arcanum so that did nothing. Game was a slaughter because of dreadfully unlucky roles on my part but to be fair my list was too dependent on magic for fighting Khorne. Maybe a list Of Tzaangors or Flamers would do better. The spell safe every Khorne unit has that can get better over the game is already rough but the auto unbind map wide for 2 points is terrifying. Why is it map wide? Jesus.  

I can at least say -3 rend on 10 Tzaangors from Hoarfrost is literaly killing anything you throw them at. Maybe not morathi. But yes. Go Tzaangors. 

• 4 months later...