AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hey folks! I'm a new AoS player, returning player of GW wargames in general, after some friends have taken up the new game and gotten my keen up for good old Tzeentch. As well as getting a pile of models to stick together and paint, I've been mulling over the battletome. Skimming over this thread has given me a lot of good ideas already, but I'm curious about the agendas in particular, as they don't seem to get talked about that much.

Is there a go-to agenda for the first turn? General priorities about getting them done? Are they even a significant part of gameplay for us, or just nice freebies that occasionally give you a bit of a boost but can't really be folded into a plan as such?

Things that struck me off an initial look over them were that Mass Conjuration seems good with a Lord of Change's Mastery of Magic ability, while Reckless Abandon looks really good but also like you'd need to set aside good Destiny Dice to ensure it goes off - too risky for a unit you *really* want to get a charge in with otherwise.

Welcome to the Mortal Realms and the Crystal Labyrinth!  I've played Tzeentch off and on but somehow missed those Agendas until recently.  I think each army build will cater to different ones, and of course your Destiny Dice sort of dictate what will be more likely to accomplish.   If going for Agenda completion, and certain units benefit so much from some of them it's worth trying for, then after rolling the DDs you could decide maybe better what to try.

I probably wouldn't go too much for them via planning,  but enjoy when possible.

I personally go for Mass conjuration as a general rule, if I don't have any particular plan. If I'm running changehost, there are good chances I'll start the charge phase at 9" from the enemy so, depending on my unit and the strategy, I might want to go for Reckless abandon. For example if Im teleporting a blob of pinks in a changehost- host duplicitous list I probably would love to stick those pinks to the target unit for good. Or maybe I teleported a big unit of screamers to tag an enemy key monster.  

22 minutes ago, NkfPanda said:

Really quick question for you lovely cultists: Does Locus of Change also affect your own Hero's? Would a Lord of Change or Gaunt Summoner have -1 to hit in melee for example? I just purchased a lot of Tzeentch and trying to figure this army out. Thanks! 

Yes it affects our Daemon heroes, its a nice bonus but the only Tzeentch Daemon Hero that wants to be in melee is a Daemon Prince, useful to have if one of our other heroes gets stuck in somehow though.

Just now, Ganigumo said:

Yes it affects our Daemon heroes, its a nice bonus but the only Tzeentch Daemon Hero that wants to be in melee is a Daemon Prince, useful to have if one of our other heroes gets stuck in somehow though.

Thank you kind sir! It is much appreciated. I was thinking if a LOC for example ended up in combat or someone got a cheeky charge off it would be good to have. This army looks like it is going to take some finessing! 

So for agendas, it sounds like it's generally a good idea to be flexible based on how the game's going, falling back on Mass Conjuration otherwise since we're mostly gonna be casting a lot of spells anyway? Sounds good to me!

I know Tzaangor are generally not rated that highly at the moment, but with a successful Reckless Abandon agenda and 9+ models they're putting out, what, 6+ attacks per model which seems pretty solid even if the Vicious Beak part of it isn't as impressive!

Hey guys, need a little advice. I've got the Tzaangors from Aether War coming soon as part of a trade and I'm wondering how I should build them - specifically enlightened on foot or disc. My first thought is disc for sure because of the better movement, more damage, etc. But would appreciate some input.

Also, I already have 3 skyfires and honestly haven't been impressed with them given their point cost so I think they're out for now. 

3 hours ago, Felldir said:

Hey guys, need a little advice. I've got the Tzaangors from Aether War coming soon as part of a trade and I'm wondering how I should build them - specifically enlightened on foot or disc. My first thought is disc for sure because of the better movement, more damage, etc. But would appreciate some input.

Also, I already have 3 skyfires and honestly haven't been impressed with them given their point cost so I think they're out for now. 

From my experience skyfires have been a bit weak too, but I think they're only gonna be worth the points if you can take advantage of them both in melee and at range.

Enlightened on foot are pretty underwhelming in general, they fill battalion taxes easy though. If you've got something else planned for the discs it isnt a bad option. They're best used standing behind a chaff unit that will take a charge.

Enlightened on disc can be a real powerhouse in a 6 man unit, but they are fragile for their cost. Its tough to trigger their rerolls but their damage is acceptable without it, pair them with a fatemaster for more consistency.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:18 PM, Gwendar said:

I'm just getting a bit burnt out on it to be honest. I enjoy it quite a lot and it works well, but I see the December FAQ shaking it up a bit. It really wants to play against melee focused armies, and right now the meta just doesn't lean into that and it has a hard time vs shooting. I meant to get some games in this past weekend with the following but.. just wasn't feeling it and WoW had me a little sidetracked 😅

Arcanum Flamers

Reveal hidden contents

Allegiance: Tzeentch
- Change Coven: Hosts Arcanum

Leaders
Fateskimmer, Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Spell Hunters
- Artefact: Aura of Mutability
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Changecaster, Herald of Tzeentch (110)
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Fatemaster (120)
- Artefact: The Fanged Circlet

Battleline
3 x Screamers of Tzeentch (80)

Units
6 x Flamers of Tzeentch (280)
3 x Flamers of Tzeentch (140)
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)
10 x Blue Horrors of Tzeentch (100)
10 x Blue Horrors of Tzeentch (100)

Battalions
Aether-eater Host (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Tome of Eyes (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 102

2 main threats here; Kairos that can potentially have a 27" threat range T1 and throw out 4 spells and the highly mobile gun battery. I'm trying to lean into casting + shooting a bit without just going into Conflag.. although that would probably be the better option. If I actually make myself play a couple test games, we'll see what happens with changes. And yeah, I could swap out the Changecaster for a Scribes and drop the Tome but at that point I don't have 4 good spells to cast.. only Gift and Bolt.

Would love to hear about your experience with the tome from the event. :) Do you see any use with the tome in other lists?

I played your other list and switched a Changecaster + Balewind + Magister for Great Bray Shaman + Ogroid. Played against a "Starcast" with Stardrake, Lord Arcanum with Everblaze Comet, Slann, Heraldor (the guy that blows a horn and explodes a terrain), Lord Celestant to buff the Stardrake and then it was 3x5 Judicators with a Prime. Soooo much MW output, and a lot of it doesnt need any dice rolling.

It was on "Battle for the Pass" and despite him taking first turn and and pretty much nuking Kairos to ~7 wounds remaining in turn 1, I won pretty hard by turn 3. Not gonna lie, but we played in Realm of Light and every terrain being Mysitcal helped my little dudes a lot. I rolled some pretty hot 6s to deny some of the mass MW output the SCE list does from terribly far away. I opt'd to use Kairos dice to stop a Comet's Call after having used Be'Lakor on the Lord Arcanum to give me some more time. Both guys are sitting 40ish inches away (which is honestly so stupid - the range on both abilities is insane) so there is no unbinding to do here. 

In turn 1 he dropped his Judicators on the two middle objectives (Prime came down on one of them) and started sniping away, which got him 5 VPs. The following turn I DD charged Pinks into each unit and they kept the objective the remaining of the game (we played until my turn 3 (the end of turn 3) and he conceeded). This gave me 5 VPs in turn 1, 5 VPs in turn 2 and in turn 3 I summoned 10 Pinks onto his back objective, so it was 19-7 by the end of turn 3 which he couldnt come back from. There was no way he could re-capture his own objective while also getting my home objective. Bodies simply won by this point.  

The Ogroid felt kinda meh. He just stood around and gave Kairos an additional spell to cast, beyond that he did nothing. He felt way too squishy for me to even consider moving him forward and into combat. Obviously the list I played against has a TON of AoE MWs output, which doesnt help agaisnt our tiny guys. But at least the Changecaster provides an additional spell casting source with 2+ spell casts a turn that can have some ooompfh. The 24" from Balewind also gives me something to play around with so my opponent simply cant just sit outside of 18" and chill. In my game I felt it was literally just Kairos casting spells, all the other dudes sat around and did nothing beside offering up their lore spell. The healing from the Ogroid spell is also kinda whatever. I think it healed Kairos 2 wounds total in that game. If the healing was equal to the MWs it did, I would value it much higher, but using the spell on 2+ wound models or against single heroes (like a Prime or Stardrake) is kinda wasted. The lower casting value is ok, but not that big when you have rerolls from the Manticore.

The Great Bray Shaman felt great. His Prime was around 22" away from Kairos when it came down, so I decided to bank on the Devolve which got the Prime within 18" inches, meant he got nuked dead in a single turn. I think the ability to mess with people so they cant just say "ohh you have 18" reach? gotcha! i will just sit outside of 18" then" is pretty valuable. You also have the option of just yoinking something into unbinding range through Spellportal (I didnt want to try on his Lord Arcanum since he had do a crazy high roll on 2D6 to be within 30"), something out of buffing range etc. I really like this guy and I think its super valuable to give your opponent a ton of different questions, as we have talked about in the past.

Im really torn on what to cut in the list for the Shaman. I like the Magister because he offers another source of a Spawn which is insane in HostD but sprinting forward in the later turns to summon 10 Pinks onto an objective (or within 9" to DD a charge) is pretty sick. The Blue Scribes can do the same though, and I feel like by turn 3 he has done his job by supporting Kairos with the Spellportal or learning Wind of Chaos on a 4+ to cast on a 2+ through the Spellportal later on etc.

Otherwise I could go with the Changecaster + Balewind, but it puts me at this awkward spot of having 1960 pts. It means I get to have a triumph in 99% of the games (probably), which isnt too bad I guess? Could always use the reroll saves on Kairos, or hits/wounds on the Pinks. Im honestly sad I cant slot in Geminids, but I wont dwell too much on the exact list since we are so close to the winter FAQ which could change things around - The GBS could drop in points to give me Geminids (lack 10 pts!), maybe the Gaunt Summoner drops significantly (rightfully so tbh after his nerf to "just" 5 Pinks) which might change the heroes choices around.

I have yet to use the Palisade + Spawn trick to halt the movement of enemy units

Spoiler

- Change Coven: Hosts Duplicitous

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (260)
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Magister on Disc of Tzeentch (140)
Great-Bray Shaman (100)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (220)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)

Darkfire Daemonrift (80)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 80

Spoiler

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Great-Bray Shaman (100)

Battleline

Darkfire Daemonrift (80)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 79

Edited by Kasper

8 hours ago, Kasper said:

Would love to hear about your experience with the tome from the event. :) Do you see any use with the tome in other lists?

In my game I felt it was literally just Kairos casting spells, all the other dudes sat around and did nothing beside offering up their lore spell. 

The Great Bray Shaman felt great. I really like this guy and I think its super valuable to give your opponent a ton of different questions, as we have talked about in the past.

Im really torn on what to cut in the list for the Shaman. I like the Magister because he offers another source of a Spawn which is insane in HostD but sprinting forward in the later turns to summon 10 Pinks onto an objective (or within 9" to DD a charge) is pretty sick. The Blue Scribes can do the same though, and I feel like by turn 3 he has done his job by supporting Kairos with the Spellportal or learning Wind of Chaos on a 4+ to cast on a 2+ through the Spellportal later on etc.

I wont dwell too much on the exact list since we are so close to the winter FAQ which could change things around

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Great-Bray Shaman (100)

Battleline

Darkfire Daemonrift (80)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 80

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Be'Lakor (240)
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
The Blue Scribes (120)
Great-Bray Shaman (100)

Battleline

Darkfire Daemonrift (80)
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 79

Eh.. across 3 games it helped in 1.. otherwise I still don't know how to feel about it. I think it wants to be used in Arcanum so you can 6" move Kairos to be in range T1 if you know you'll be given T1 or you can push screamers in front of him or something. Against things like Kroak/Teclis it's still a hard sell because you want to roll high (10 or 12's to cast) but with the RR's potentially hurting him it's.. I dunno. If you can't fit a Scribes but still want at least 1 super caster, then do it.. but I think it needs pairing with Cogs to get him to 4 casts to make use of it all the way, IMO.

I'll be honest though, a lot of the time with these casting lists, that's exactly what happens; Kairos is casting their spells. That's most just because he's the most reliable when he's getting a +1 from the agenda and RR's and matching dice. The Ogroid was something I just theorycrafted.. I've yet to play with it yet. A Changecaster is just as good as he can give Kairos Pink Fire to cast.. I just didn't want to use the BW anymore as I assumed it would be going away but we don't know just yet.

Yeah I've been more into the Bray Shaman myself.. someone else in the tournament was rocking Archaon + Kairos + Bray Shaman to pull things even closer to Archaon and it's something I wanted to put more thought into. Game 1 I had a dude just keep 15 Kavalos outside range and if I had that I would've been fine. The Magister just doesn't do enough for me.. It's usually Kairos casting that spell as it's harder for him to get off himself since he won't get HD RR's being a mortal and all... if you're stuck between him and a Scribes, go with the Scribes. Getting that 2nd spawn can be good in theory but I've personally rarely had it happen in a way that's actually beneficial.

But.. yeah, I'm not really doing much in the way of lists right now because things are likely going to change in some way in the next couple weeks. I still vouch for a Changeling as you get a 2-cast wizard.. even if you don't do the whole trick of sticking him in their deployment.

17 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

From my experience skyfires have been a bit weak too, but I think they're only gonna be worth the points if you can take advantage of them both in melee and at range.

Enlightened on foot are pretty underwhelming in general, they fill battalion taxes easy though. If you've got something else planned for the discs it isnt a bad option. They're best used standing behind a chaff unit that will take a charge.

Enlightened on disc can be a real powerhouse in a 6 man unit, but they are fragile for their cost. Its tough to trigger their rerolls but their damage is acceptable without it, pair them with a fatemaster for more consistency.

Thanks for the insight. I don't have any other plans for the Tzaangor discs, but I'm actually kitbashing a Fatemaster and planning on using the magister's disc so that should work out well. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Felldir

Hi there!

I have a question about Changehost.

Is there any video-battlereport or blog post with competetive use of this battalion?  You see - i know how it can potentially work but im eager to learn more about "changehost tactics" (something more than usually: "Just teleport your flamers and nuke enemy with waves of magical flames"). How to play when your flamers dont have range to any viable targets, how to use teleport in rounds 2/3/4 (and so on...)?

So, here is a bit of a tricky question from a complete Tzeench noob.

My local group is organizing a campaign and I have decided to give EC Tzeench a go (mainly because my current Slaanesh army is not capable of scratching the lizards).

While I have a solid grasp of how 2000 pts Tzeench army would function, the issue is that the campaign is slowly winding up, we are starting at 600 and going up in 200-400 point increments. My concern here is that I will miss something critical along the way and get a non functional army at some point stages.

Starting with a Lord of Change and 10 Pinks seems to be a no brainer for first 600, and then adding a blue scribe as soon as I have the points, but where do I go from there? Do I expand Horrors? Add another unit of 10? Splash into flamers? Add another caster hero? As far as the requirements are concerned I need another battleline at 1000 and third one after 1500.

It is an intricate army, and I am concerned that I will miss something.

My main target is Kroak with most likely a contingent of buffed coalesced Saurus Warriors and Guard.

I have a feeling that Arcanite army would be easier to grow, but it is obviously less powerful than daemon one and I really really want Kroak dead this time around.
As we are playing TTS, models are not a concern.

Thank you all in advance :)

On 12/10/2020 at 5:26 AM, Kazz said:

Hi there!

I have a question about Changehost.

Is there any video-battlereport or blog post with competetive use of this battalion?  You see - i know how it can potentially work but im eager to learn more about "changehost tactics" (something more than usually: "Just teleport your flamers and nuke enemy with waves of magical flames"). How to play when your flamers dont have range to any viable targets, how to use teleport in rounds 2/3/4 (and so on...)?

Not that I've seen. There are always going to be lots of factors to this.. but at least 80% of the time is isn't the Flamers you're teleporting, it's Horrors onto objectives or in front of Flamers.

Now granted, if your opponent leaves something out in the open in such a way that you could teleport Flamers, 1-shot the unit and not have them be threatened then.. sure, you could do that. I've seen plenty of cases however if people being overly aggressive with the teleport and it never works out well unless you plan to just tag some units with Pinks so they can't move. EC Changehost lists really want a double turn of being in range to wipe 2-4 units a turn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

What's a good Coven for an all-Tzaangor army?

There isn't one. Hopefully we see one in broken realms. Hosts arcanum is probably the most useful, since you can get a pre-game move on some of your fliers and get an artifact for free screamers. Cult of the Transient form is the only one with a Tzaangor "theme" but its easily our worst subfaction (it does almost nothing), and still focuses on kairics more.

• Thanks 1

I have 2x this year's battleforce and Aether-War half of Tzeentch.

Can I ask you for some suggestions on a 2k points playable army? It doesn't has to be a tournament kill them all ultimate list. Rather something that will be fun but not weak. I can buy a few more minis if they are required.

Got a game in vs sons of behemat today, we were playing scorched earth. Took some heavy casualties but mamaged to pull it through by having my quick wizards burn the points after holding mine for a few turns. I managed to turn my Tzaangors on in a BIG way through arcane suggestion and Grashrak's warscroll spell, they put out enough damage to overkill a mega after he took some mild shooting. I screwed up and misread our agenda to get +1 attack when we charge 9" which would have made it much deadlier. Ungors and gors served their purpose as chaff to protect my backline and tzaangors from danger, although the tzaangors were obliterated by 3 stomper tribe mancrushers (he whiffed the impact hits so there were still 20 when he attacked, the entire unit got destroyed before they got a chance to fight back).

Skyfires were a lot better in this game, running in a unit of 6 makes them a lot more effective than 2 units of 3s, since you can take advantage of their strength in melee to take down weakened enemies (my 6 took out 2 mancrushers with their rerolls and grashrak's spell).

Yet again i was unable to pull off the master plan of casting 9 spells on turn 1 with this list, i rolled a 1 on the blue scribes' 2+ spellcast roll, and the LoC came out turn 2. Surprisingly the gatebreaker Gargant bounced off of him for a turn thanks to the locus.

The list:

- Change Coven: Guild of Summoners
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Great Bray Shaman of Tzeentch (100)
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- General
- Command Trait: Prophet of the Ostensible
- Artefact: Brimstone Familiar
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
Grashrak Fellhoof (140)

Battleline
10 x Gors of Tzeentch (70)
10 x Gors of Tzeentch (70)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Ungors of Tzeentch (60)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)
10 x Ungor Raiders of Tzeentch (80)
5 x Grashrak's Despoilers (0)

Battalions
Phantasmagoria of Fate (180)

Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 136

On 12/22/2020 at 6:18 AM, Aeryenn said:

I have 2x this year's battleforce and Aether-War half of Tzeentch.

Can I ask you for some suggestions on a 2k points playable army? It doesn't has to be a tournament kill them all ultimate list. Rather something that will be fun but not weak. I can buy a few more minis if they are required.

You're probably gonna need a few more minis to specialize the list into one of the subfactions. What you've got currently could be built out into guild of summoners, pyrofane cult, or cult of the transient form (this one is very weak).

Here's a sample pyrofane list:

- Change Coven: Pyrofane Cult

Leaders
Lord of Change (380)
- General
- Command Trait: Shrouded in Unnatural Flame
- Artefact: Chainfire Amulet

Battleline
30 x Kairic Acolytes (300)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (360)

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (160)

Total: 1400 / 2000
Wounds: 88

There are extra points left to fill out the list, and if you aren't feeling the big unit of enlightened you coukd cut back or swap them for enlightened on foot to save points. Pyrofane cult buffs kairic shooting, and witchfyre coven lets one of the units shoot in the hero phase. 30/20/10 is another option. If you wanted to hold off on buying more for now you could try 20/10/10. Lord of change with the wand is the best recipient for pyrofane cult's artifact, which is why I included him here. A good addition to this would be a fatemaster, to give kairics reroll to hit, which goes well with the subfaction command ability that lets them reroll wounds.

Here's a sample guild of summoners list:

Leaders
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
- General

Battleline

Total: 1080 / 2000
Wounds: 55

This list has a lot more wiggle room, since there are more leftover points, but is a bit fragile since it only has 9 spellcasts with what's there, which means if you fail a cast it will push back your first LoC by a turn (and the first is the most impactful). Running an extra cast or two could help alot here (balewind/cogs/other wizards). The rest of the list can just be filled out with anything really, but more wounds and bodies would be good. You'll also need some pinks/blues/brims for the gaunt summoner to summon. Blue scribes would make a great addition here, since he can give all your wizards rerolls.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

You're probably gonna need a few more minis to specialize the list into one of the subfactions. What you've got currently could be built out into guild of summoners, pyrofane cult, or cult of the transient form (this one is very weak).

Here's a sample pyrofane list:

- Change Coven: Pyrofane Cult

Leaders
Lord of Change (380)
- General
- Command Trait: Shrouded in Unnatural Flame
- Artefact: Chainfire Amulet

Battleline
30 x Kairic Acolytes (300)

Units
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (360)

Battalions
Witchfyre Coven (160)

Total: 1400 / 2000
Wounds: 88

There are extra points left to fill out the list, and if you aren't feeling the big unit of enlightened you coukd cut back or swap them for enlightened on foot to save points. Pyrofane cult buffs kairic shooting, and witchfyre coven lets one of the units shoot in the hero phase. 30/20/10 is another option. If you wanted to hold off on buying more for now you could try 20/10/10. Lord of change with the wand is the best recipient for pyrofane cult's artifact, which is why I included him here. A good addition to this would be a fatemaster, to give kairics reroll to hit, which goes well with the subfaction command ability that lets them reroll wounds.

Here's a sample guild of summoners list:

Leaders
Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch (240)
- General

Battleline

Total: 1080 / 2000
Wounds: 55

This list has a lot more wiggle room, since there are more leftover points, but is a bit fragile since it only has 9 spellcasts with what's there, which means if you fail a cast it will push back your first LoC by a turn (and the first is the most impactful). Running an extra cast or two could help alot here (balewind/cogs/other wizards). The rest of the list can just be filled out with anything really, but more wounds and bodies would be good. You'll also need some pinks/blues/brims for the gaunt summoner to summon. Blue scribes would make a great addition here, since he can give all your wizards rerolls.

Wow. I really appreciate your vast response. Thank you.

I was thinking about Summoners list but one should probably run three Lords of Change to use it effectively, right? I have two, and one to build one as LoC and one as Kairos, because I like diversity among my minis.

How would you build Kairic Acolytes? Shields?

I also like the model of Ogroid. Would he fit any of the lists?

How many Horrors do I need? How many Spawns?

Edited by Aeryenn

3 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Wow. I really appreciate your vast response. Thank you.

I was thinking about Summoners list but one should probably run three Lords of Change to use it effectively, right? I have two, and one to build one as LoC and one as Kairos, because I like diversity among my minis.

How would you build Kairic Acolytes? Shields?

I also like the model of Ogroid. Would he fit any of the lists?

How many Horrors do I need? How many Spawns?

One LoC might be enough for guild of summoners? If he survives you might run into an issue where you need to summon one but can't. The third one probably won't come into play most games.

I built all my kairics with shields. Dual hand weapons are a bit better in melee but kairics aren't really built for melee damage.

Ogroid could go in either of the lists i posted, he's still a wizard and can be pretty strong in melee if you protect him.

Since you'd just be summoning them with the gaunt summoner you'd need 5 pinks and 10 blues/brims. One box of spawns (2) would probably be enough.

• Thanks 1

Hallo all, I’d like to start a Tzeentch force of 1000pts, but I struggle to create a list to determine which units to paint. The idea I’ve come up with:

Gaunt Summoner

Ogroid Thaumaturge 

Pink horrors (10)

Pink horrors (10)

Screamers (3)

Screamers (3)

Should manage to cast a lot, grab and hold objectives quite well. Do you guys have any additional ideas? Thanks in advance!