AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

35 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I don't mean to undersell them, rather I don't find it worth the cost as you stated. I don't know that units of 15 would do enough to fix anything and all-in-all I would like them to go down to 160 at least.. but yeah, the lack of a Tzaangor coven that buffs them in some way is just really perplexing to me and instead they gave Acolytes 2 Covens?

Well, that's not too surprising really. Tzaangors of all types were the big thing in the previous edition of the book and acolytes were generally trash. It's typical GW to nerf/ignore the old hotness and give a disproportionate amount of attention to stuff that people don't already own. 

46 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I don't mean to undersell them, rather I don't find it worth the cost as you stated. I don't know that units of 15 would do enough to fix anything and all-in-all I would like them to go down to 160 at least.. but yeah, the lack of a Tzaangor coven that buffs them in some way is just really perplexing to me and instead they gave Acolytes 2 Covens?

Mathhammer shows that just those 12 models in combat with +1 attack can pump out ~22 wounds vs a 4+ save which is pretty nice since they don't need any specific heroes to buff them. Bestigors are a good comparison, but you can do more with StD units I think. Chaos Knights, Warriors, Marauders and Chosen can all do far more for the same cost or cheaper, but that's not including the Sorcerer Lord and Chaos Lord\Mounted Chaos Lord needed to make them work. I dunno, I may get around to trying out a unit of 20 at some point in the Hosts Arcanum list.. I've just never been impressed with them in general.

Honestly I don't think Tzaangors can go down much in cost without being a broken level of efficiency, they're already 9 points a wound, which is pretty efficient especially given how hard they can hit. Units of 15 would make a difference because 10 man units of Tzaangor are little more than overcosted chaff, and 20 man units are blenders (their damage falls off super hard once they go under 9 models). 15 man units, at the current cost, would be 270 points, and still effectively hit nearly as hard as the 20 man unit (6 greatblades, 3 mutants), since it can be hard to fit 12 models in at times anyways. 270 points is much more palatable for taking multiple units of as well, but 360 points is very hard to fit into a list, especially in multiples. 5 man chaff Tzanngors for 90 points would be fine as well, although there is a lot that can do that job better.

7 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Honestly I don't think Tzaangors can go down much in cost without being a broken level of efficiency, they're already 9 points a wound, which is pretty efficient especially given how hard they can hit. Units of 15 would make a difference because 10 man units of Tzaangor are little more than overcosted chaff, and 20 man units are blenders (their damage falls off super hard once they go under 9 models). 15 man units, at the current cost, would be 270 points, and still effectively hit nearly as hard as the 20 man unit (6 greatblades, 3 mutants), since it can be hard to fit 12 models in at times anyways. 270 points is much more palatable for taking multiple units of as well, but 360 points is very hard to fit into a list, especially in multiples. 5 man chaff Tzanngors for 90 points would be fine as well, although there is a lot that can do that job better.

That's just it though right? How many other units are grossly undercosted or punch above their weight? Plenty of factors to consider in that which is why I don't like comparing units between armies.. but just throwing it out there. I just feel like they missed a bit of a point with them but I believe what @Grimrock says is probably the truth. They hit hard enough now to cripple a unit and have the wounds to stick around for another 1-2 turns.. so yeah, I don't think I was giving them enough credit after looking more and more into them this morning 😉

For @RUNCMD and anyone else interested in an alternate Hosts Arcanum based list, I actually worked this up on lunch so it's in a very rough state and I think a lot more optimization can be had. Not sure what to do with the extra 40 points.. but you all get the general idea I think:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Tzeentch
- Change Coven: Hosts Arcanum

Leaders
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (170)
- General
- Command Trait: Spell Hunters
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
Be'Lakor (240)
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- Artefact: The Fanged Circlet
- Lore of Fate: Arcane Suggestion

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 4x Pair of Savage Blade
- 8x Savage Greatblade
- 8x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
3 x Screamers of Tzeentch (80)

Units
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Cursed Lance
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 139

Originally I had this as Cult of a Thousand Eyes, but for obvious reasons it turned more into "StD with a couple of Tzeentch units" rather than a more balanced mix of both since I had 80 Marauders in as well (to take advantage of the Coven ability to get hit RR's). So this rough version is really just 3 threats from the Tzaangor, Knights and Skyfires (wanted a long-range threat and something to take lightly guarded objectives since this list devoid of strong casting) while the Screamers and move as needed.

Not sure what\if anything should change but always curious to hear your thoughts.

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

That's just it though right? How many other units are grossly undercosted or punch above their weight? Plenty of factors to consider in that which is why I don't like comparing units between armies.. but just throwing it out there. I just feel like they missed a bit of a point with them but I believe what @Grimrock says is probably the truth. They hit hard enough now to cripple a unit and have the wounds to stick around for another 1-2 turns.. so yeah, I don't think I was giving them enough credit after looking more and more into them this morning 😉

For @RUNCMD and anyone else interested in an alternate Hosts Arcanum based list, I actually worked this up on lunch so it's in a very rough state and I think a lot more optimization can be had. Not sure what to do with the extra 40 points.. but you all get the general idea I think:

Hide contents

- Change Coven: Hosts Arcanum

Leaders
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (170)
- General
- Command Trait: Spell Hunters
Be'Lakor (240)
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- Artefact: The Fanged Circlet

Battleline
20 x Tzaangors (360)
- 4x Pair of Savage Blade
- 8x Savage Greatblade
- 8x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Cursed Lance
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (400)

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 139

Originally I had this as Cult of a Thousand Eyes, but for obvious reasons it turned more into "StD with a couple of Tzeentch units" rather than a more balanced mix of both since I had 80 Marauders in as well (to take advantage of the Coven ability to get hit RR's). So this rough version is really just 3 threats from the Tzaangor, Knights and Skyfires (wanted a long-range threat and something to take lightly guarded objectives since this list devoid of strong casting) while the Screamers and move as needed.

Not sure what\if anything should change but always curious to hear your thoughts.

So I like these off beat lists but I have play tested Skyfires and as much as I want them to be even close to worth 200 points. They really really are not worth it. I would take enlightened every single time...if not any unit in the book over them.

Math hammer supports this and I still play tested them, just because I thought they can't be bad 16inch movement range etc. 

Tzangors on the other hand have been excellent in blobs of 20 for me against multiple types of lists. Many opponent's as well have said they didn't expect them to be quite as good.

So my adaptions would be swap Skyfires > Enlightened and take the superb Darkfire Daemonrift 😉😉 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

So I like these off beat lists but I have play tested Skyfires and as much as I want them to be even close to worth 200 points. They really really are not worth it. I would take enlightened every single time...if not any unit in the book over them.

Math hammer supports this and I still play tested them, just because I thought they can't be bad 16inch movement range etc. 

Tzangors on the other hand have been excellent in blobs of 20 for me against multiple types of lists. Many opponent's as well have said they didn't expect them to be quite as good.

So my adaptions would be swap Skyfires > Enlightened and take the superb Darkfire Daemonrift 😉😉 

I don't disagree completely, but I've had Skyfires do a lot of work in terms of deleting an important hero and clearing weak horde units with no support. I already have 2 CC hammers in the list via Knights and Tzaangors so figured a dual-purpose unit would work out. That really was a point of contention for me... I also thought of swapping them out and giving Be'lakor the Rift to cast. I don't love the idea of using it without Kairos\LoC to auto-dispell it right away, but since there's so few wizards in this list anyway it isn't really a huge concern.

So yeah, I'll probably see how that works out. Glad to see Tzaangors are working out for people.. I think I just wanted them to be a bit better so I could justify running 2 or 3x20 of them in a list so I just wrote them off 😅. Without the +1 attack agenda (that will likely go to the Knights) then they aren't going to be as good, but that's still a chunk of wounds with a 6+ DPR sitting on something. Dismantlement and Tides are both good alternate Agendas for them as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I don't disagree completely, but I've had Skyfires do a lot of work in terms of deleting an important hero and clearing weak horde units with no support. I already have 2 CC hammers in the list via Knights and Tzaangors so figured a dual-purpose unit would work out. That really was a point of contention for me... I also thought of swapping them out and giving Be'lakor the Rift to cast. I don't love the idea of using it without Kairos\LoC to auto-dispell it right away, but since there's so few wizards in this list anyway it isn't really a huge concern.

So yeah, I'll probably see how that works out. Glad to see Tzaangors are working out for people.. I think I just wanted them to be a bit better so I could justify running 2 or 3x20 of them in a list so I just wrote them off 😅. Without the +1 attack agenda (that will likely go to the Knights) then they aren't going to be as good, but that's still a chunk of wounds with a 6+ DPR sitting on something. Dismantlement and Tides are both good alternate Agendas for them as well.m

My experience with Skyfires has been the opposite and they were extremely underwhelming and rarely got close to their investment back. 

I usually run HostDup with a 20xTzangors 10xpinks 10xpinks. The Tzangors if not effectively dealt with can apply early pressure to allow the wizards and pinks to get into position and do Tzeentch things.

I agree with the threat if Darkfire doing damage back but I tend to cast mine from Be'lakor and he usually isn't near the bulk of my army. I do prefer it with Kairos/LoC.

Either way I'd rather spend 80 points elsewhere than on the bow goats 😜😜

45 minutes ago, Blisterfeet said:

My experience with Skyfires has been the opposite and they were extremely underwhelming and rarely got close to their investment back. 

I usually run HostDup with a 20xTzangors 10xpinks 10xpinks. The Tzangors if not effectively dealt with can apply early pressure to allow the wizards and pinks to get into position and do Tzeentch things.

I agree with the threat if Darkfire doing damage back but I tend to cast mine from Be'lakor and he usually isn't near the bulk of my army. I do prefer it with Kairos/LoC.

Either way I'd rather spend 80 points elsewhere than on the bow goats 😜😜

For me, they can typically delete a single 4-6 wound hero per turn which is often invaluable when these are huge force multipliers.. and with their 40" threat range, it's hard to get away from them. Afterwards they can still charge into something weak and take an objective. They won't be deleting 10-20 man units of Mortek Guard or anything, but they absolutely can take things away from Clanrats, Ungors, 10-20 Skinks, 10-man Vulkite units, etc. This is usually counting those tougher units taking BS though.. but they're often able to hit those unsupported units that are just holding backline objectives anyway.

Like I said, I'll try both version out.. I have my reasons for liking Skyfires and I'm well aware I'm in the minority 🤣 

Edited by Gwendar

Played my first game with tzeentch today after building the army back in April before lockdown. I'd considered selling the army a few times as I've been playing orruks since 2018 and didn't think I'd enjoy them, but I gave it a go and really enjoyed the play style. I'm going mortals as I love the acolyte models, took pyrofane cult against a friend's tempest eye cities list and was well pleased to bring home the win on focal points!

It was bit of a learning experience when I charged 20 acolytes with the +1 to hit agenda into 6 phoenix guard and only killed 1, with orruks you get used to killing what you charge. The lord of change with fatemaster reroll and artefact was an absolute killing machine, after one shot I was rolling 6d3 mws on a stardrake 🤣

Pics of the first painted models, the army's gonna be my passion painting project so will take a while to paint but I'm definitely committed to them now!

20200503_203757.jpg.6ceec7cccc0c7b5d6157315b90ef83a9.jpg20200812_092938.jpg.30a60ae980e30b8068104ab968f4909f.jpg20200503_195110.jpg.c9e51098d02eb4a08ab464551900c40c.jpg20200607_024421.jpg.a3906645969adbf711a7ce30b8061161.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

12 hours ago, Warmill said:

It was bit of a learning experience when I charged 20 acolytes with the +1 to hit agenda into 6 phoenix guard and only killed 1, with orruks you get used to killing what you charge.

Unless your IJ or HGB you probably shouldnt ever charge into phoenix guard. Just because the Acolytes are sculpted with 6-8 packs doesnt mean they are good in melee lol they are for pew pew fire balls. Pyrofane + Witchfyre Coven makes their shooting good and takes people by surprise usually.

• Haha 1

This might sound like an odd question, but what all can you realistically build out of the Burning Chariot sprue? I mean is it possible to build it as an exalted flamer, herald on foot, and 2 screamers? (assuming we buy the needed bases)  Essentially thinking about getting 3 start collectings as a jumping off point for someone.

Basically could I build all this with 3 SC boxes: 30x pinks, 9x flamers, 3x Herald on foot, 3x exalted flamer, and 15x screamers (9 regular from the boxes, and 2 extra from each of the 3 chariots)?

3 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

This might sound like an odd question, but what all can you realistically build out of the Burning Chariot sprue? I mean is it possible to build it as an exalted flamer, herald on foot, and 2 screamers? (assuming we buy the needed bases)  Essentially thinking about getting 3 start collectings as a jumping off point for someone.

Basically could I build all this with 3 SC boxes: 30x pinks, 9x flamers, 3x Herald on foot, 3x exalted flamer, and 15x screamers (9 regular from the boxes, and 2 extra from each of the 3 chariots)?

The biggest problem you'll run into is the tails for the screamers are actually integrated into the magical effects on the bottom of the chariot. You can see them on the sprue pictures for the kit on GWs site. In theory you could cut them out and clean them to use them separately, but it'd take quite a bit of work. Other than that the screamers are pretty much the same as the normal ones, they even have the ball joint on the underside for the flying bases. 

Also one thing you missed, each chariot kit comes with 3 blue horrors for the burning chariot as well as 3 bases if you wanted to use them separately on foot. If you're not planning on making a chariot you could use the spare disk to make one of those heralds a fluxmaster, or use the blue horrors to make a custom blue scribes. 

• Like 2

@Gwendar I dig the Arcanum list, spesh because it mixes in mostly Mortals! Be'lakor with his ability is too good to pass up these days. So crippling. I don't think I would change anything of the list but def (as someone mentioned above) try taking one of the Slaves to Darkness spells if you can fit them in with the remaining points. Or just aim for the Triumph, as it's always decent to take those re-rolling wounds one I reckon.

I still prefer Enlightened on Disc but since we have been posting, you've made me keen to try out Skyfires again so im going to play a game with them in the coming days to give them another go and see how they fair! So i'll let you know.

Sorry its been ages since I said I would post this, but here is a couples of lists that I've put together recently that I think would be a fair bit of fun:

LIST 1

image.png.212c1da0ca6da2859eb069d32c3c9236.png

LIST 2

image.png.42a007d5b62d23acbc907643cd60991d.png

So with list 1, basically you get a bit of the best of both worlds. The Chosen buffed in a Tzeentch list are mental. It chops through anything however they can be quite slow. But this doesn't really matter because mostly you'll be running them turn 1 anyway to get where they need to be. Coupled with the flamers, you can create some zones of fear I found. Majority of the list is self explanatory I think, but if anyone wants me to go into the thinking behind it let me know. Also the high spells means highly likely to get a unit of Pinks on the board Turn 2 (provided all goes to plan ;) )!

Second list is something im still tweaking (haven't actually built nor played with so is all paper theory atm) but would love to give a go! I really want to make use of the flamers and the warpflame host with the idea of them being a bit more scary to be charged or to end up within that 9inches of to suffer more wounds. The Chariots im on the fence on, but, their warscroll is what gets me because the adding +1 to hits applies to ALL the attacks of the unit, so those flaming maws and blue horrors and lamprey bites get the +1 as well.  Which is always nice in melee, and with their high movement they make it easier to do the MWs on and it's on a 2+ which is nice. thats really all these guys are there for and to provide the extra "exalted flamer" buff incase the other one dies. Plus you dont see them a lot which is cool and I really enjoy playing and building unique lists. The thing I think this list will suffer from is board control/anything that is going to come from board edges etc. high movement is great to counter that but it is still a squishy list so could go either way!

I'm trying to tweak a Cult of Thousand eye's list as well, which I really love the idea of. Those D3 enemy units re-roll hits is really invaluable!

@Warmill your army looks great so far! please keep the photos coming! Loving those Kairics and Pinks!

@SleeperAgent the Tzeentch Start collecting box is up there with some of the best value you'll ever get from a SC and youre on the money about what you can build! I'd highly recommend Kitbashing a Fluxmaster out of one if you dont like the Resin/finecast model. It's super handy and I have come to use it in a lot of lists and he has become a critical model I find. I agree with Frowny in that you'd chuck a LOC in there and you have yourself a solid start for lists if you go down the Daemon heavy route.

Anyways, Happy Monday all!

• Like 1

So, I had the full intention of running Skyshoal tonight, but I've been pretty deep into making Cult of a Thousand Eyes work. Played against an experimental Skaven list but it wasn't long enough to do a full batrep.. so I'll just put some pictures below. Anyway, here's the list:

Spoiler

- Change Coven: Cult of a Thousand Eyes (Host of Chaos)

Leaders
Tzaangor Shaman (150)
- General
- Command Trait: Tzeentch is Pleased
- Artefact: Crown of Whispers
Chaos Lord (110)
- Reaperblade & Daemonbound Steel
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm

Battleline
40 x Chaos Marauders (320)
- Axes & Shields
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
- 10x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
- 10x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (360)
3 x Varanguard (280)
- 3x Ensorcelled Weapons
3 x Varanguard (280)
- 3x Ensorcelled Weapons

Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 137

I out-dropped and gave him T1 since I was out of range of any significant shooting; all he could do was kill 10 Kairics and give me 2 FP. I did what this list does best and that's pump 1 unit full of buffs and go to town, so I chose the Marauders. They got full Hit, Wound and Save RR's and then +1 attack with the agenda and 26 did ~45 damage after saves.. of course it was only Clanrats, so make of that what you will. VG killed a Doomwheel after fighting it twice and almost killed the Bombardier behind it. Enlightened went below average and killed 23 Clanrats. I got the double and he called the game.

deployment + end of game (T1) pictures

Spoiler

918635919_Cult1-1.PNG.be219ea9be86b0101a2b4d26def78e5a.PNG

1921493693_Cult1-2.PNG.52b3310a11da457e4496779fc69449b6.PNG

I like the idea of this, but even after 1 game I can see it struggling with pretty much anything top-tier. 3 VG just do not do enough for their points even when RRing hits and fighting twice. Swords and Spears math out differently but not by much.. either way I think I would be better off taking just one unit of 40 Marauders or 10 Knights with a Sorc Lord than trying to make Cult work with lots of these units. At that point you would mostly be running StD units anyway.

All in all I think I can put the idea to rest, but it was good to get some play experience with it. I do still really like the idea of 10 Knights + Sorc Lord.. but when it comes down to it their tradeoff is 6 more wounds with a better save (especially with RRing all saves from the Sorc Lord) and a 5+ vs MW's but they are slower. In terms of power, both units want the +1 attack but even Enlightened without the +1 attack still do more... but only marginally so and you get a sturdier unit for 110 more points (counting the Sorc Lord) so.. make of that what you will, I suppose😉

Anyway, thoughts are always appreciated it. Next time I play I'll probably run the Skyshoal and see how it goes.

EDIT: @RUNCMD looks like you posted the same time as me so I'll edit a response here.

I enjoy Chosen, but I've only used them with a Bridge to deliver them where they're needed. 1st one is interesting.. generally we (or at least I do) build wholly into the Covens strengths. I can see taking Flamers in Arcanum, but in Pyrofane I would much rather but those points into more Kairics and Withfyre Coven if I wanted to make something shooty. I do the same thing with my Pyrofane of Strong magic + decent shooting + 1 melee threat (Chosen or Enlightened).. or you know, 6 Skyfires because I love them.

The 2nd list is different for sure.. curious how it works for you. If I do Conflag it's just always 12 Flamers + Changehost and I can't really bother trying anything else🤣

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

@Gwendar LOL I do know you love those skyfires ;)

Mate your Thousand Eye list is looking very similar to mine! I have 40 Marauders as well plus a few other units, but ill post it when I've had a bit more thinking put into it!

Yeah can agree with you that Pyrofane is much better w witchfyre but im getting a bit bored of the Kairic + Enlightened combo I usually run. I could run some on foot tbh, but the movement and shooting from Flamers is always fun and creates some nice lil zones I find!

Yeah the 2nd list is something that I want to practice on TTS before I invest into it, but I like it's potential/I think it has some merit, albeit needs a bit o tweakin' here and there!

• Like 1

@RUNCMD I could probably give Thousand Eyes another look sometime, but if I wanted to run mostly StD then I would play StD 🤣

So yeah, for now I'll probably stick to Skyshoal + Hosts Arcanum and my magic\shooting based Pyrofane and Hosts Duplicitous lists. All for experimenting though, so if you want to play TTS just let me know.. I can always run Skaven or something else.

1 minute ago, Gwendar said:

@RUNCMD I could probably give Thousand Eyes another look sometime, but if I wanted to run mostly StD then I would play StD 🤣

So yeah, for now I'll probably stick to Skyshoal + Hosts Arcanum and my magic\shooting based Pyrofane and Hosts Duplicitous lists. All for experimenting though, so if you want to play TTS just let me know.. I can always run Skaven or something else.

Let's set it up! I'll ping you on discord and we can organise a game when im home after work.

• Like 1

@SleeperAgent thats a huge haul of plastic crack! Well done! Nothing better than smashing the bank account and committing to the buy of a new army! depending on how many pinks you end up running / summoning, you'll want a lot more blues and brims!

If I can give you any advice on building The LOC is that if you build it with the arm underneath the chest not extended out is that you do that as a sub assembly.

Happy building!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RUNCMD said:

@SleeperAgent thats a huge haul of plastic crack! Well done! Nothing better than smashing the bank account and committing to the buy of a new army! depending on how many pinks you end up running / summoning, you'll want a lot more blues and brims!

If I can give you any advice on building The LOC is that if you build it with the arm underneath the chest not extended out is that you do that as a sub assembly.

Happy building!

I always go all out and buy an entire army. That way you get a feel for the army in regular 2k matches. As it stands Im probably only gonna run 10 pinks. I will undoubtedly be doing Eternal Conflagration or Hosts Arcanum so my flamers or screamers are battleline.

3 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

I always go all out and buy an entire army. That way you get a feel for the army in regular 2k matches. As it stands Im probably only gonna run 10 pinks. I will undoubtedly be doing Eternal Conflagration or Hosts Arcanum so my flamers or screamers are battleline.

I do the same honestly.. but a lot of the time it's meant I play something for 3-6 months and find that I don't really care for the playstyle and no amount of theory-crafting ended up providing me with how it feels to play. I did this with Wanderers and to some extent FeC and OBR.. most recently I've been up in the air above selling off my Fyreslayers (that I just finished painting...) as well because I can't stand how they play either 😅. I should probably invest in some display cabinets and just hold onto stuff in case it gets expanded on in the future...

Anyway, TTS has been huge for this as I can now test out armies and lists all I want before committing to anything with actual $$$. I'm with you on Pinks though.. I'm not big on them and really only like doing 10 but not more. That said a Hosts Duplicitous list with Multitudinous Host is absolutely a site to behold and difficult to deal with for most armies. I would never think to run it IRL because I would never punish myself to build, paint and transport that many Horrors.

20 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

the main platform of the chariot is essentially a disc of tzeentch, you could use it to kitbash some characters like the fatemaster or magister on disc, or put the herald on it.

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

I do the same honestly.. but a lot of the time it's meant I play something for 3-6 months and find that I don't really care for the playstyle and no amount of theory-crafting ended up providing me with how it feels to play. I did this with Wanderers and to some extent FeC and OBR.. most recently I've been up in the air above selling off my Fyreslayers (that I just finished painting...) as well because I can't stand how they play either 😅. I should probably invest in some display cabinets and just hold onto stuff in case it gets expanded on in the future...

Anyway, TTS has been huge for this as I can now test out armies and lists all I want before committing to anything with actual $$$. I'm with you on Pinks though.. I'm not big on them and really only like doing 10 but not more. That said a Hosts Duplicitous list with Multitudinous Host is absolutely a site to behold and difficult to deal with for most armies. I would never think to run it IRL because I would never punish myself to build, paint and transport that many Horrors.

Yeah I do this with a ton of armies. I've done FEC, OBR, S2D, IDK, BCR, Stormcast, Slaanesh, and Skaven. I try to buy armies that are ready to go, then re-sell em when I get tired of em. The only army I've kept running this whole time is Nighthaunt. Probably because there are a ton of ways to build it. That's why I like Tzeentch. Everything can be done so many different ways. I'm hoping when they start making new battletomes they standardize the "households" and battalion numbers. Cause Tzeentch and some others got a ton of them and stuff like KO got three battalions.

51 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Yeah I do this with a ton of armies. I've done FEC, OBR, S2D, IDK, BCR, Stormcast, Slaanesh, and Skaven. I try to buy armies that are ready to go, then re-sell em when I get tired of em. The only army I've kept running this whole time is Nighthaunt. Probably because there are a ton of ways to build it. That's why I like Tzeentch. Everything can be done so many different ways. I'm hoping when they start making new battletomes they standardize the "households" and battalion numbers. Cause Tzeentch and some others got a ton of them and stuff like KO got three battalions.

Yep, luckily nowadays I have a guy I can get 30% off from so at the very least I can sell it for what I bought it for. Skaven have been my main army since I started and that will likely never change.. and I think Tzeentch is in the same spot. Being able to go Shoot, Magic and Melee heavy in endless combinations has been incredible and a refreshing break from Skaven who really only have 2-3 viable builds based around the exact same thing and generally have to struggle to pull those off.

Next up is Sons of Behemat so.. I'm prepping my wallet there 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1