AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

14 minutes ago, Bululu said:

No changes on points for tzeentch

Cities of Sigmar and every time since will get points updates in a seperate pdf after the GHB releases.

Edited by Sedraxis
Sounded more harsh then I meant

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

That's a relief...I just bought 9 more Flamers.  I know Tzeentch likes to ****** with plans, but not his own plans!

as sedraxed say, it seems they get updated on a pdf after the book comes, as i do have the book their points are not updated on mine, so dont get relaxed just yet, i hope the get fixed cause if this is it this ghb points doesnt fix a thing of meta xD so i firmly believe what @Sedraxis said. Im just sad that they release a book that is already obsolete when the release comes

49 minutes ago, RUNCMD said:

From the leaks that are appearing. I can confirm that the cities list is true based on other leaks so Im guessing that Tzeentch is true too :)

More leaks here: https://twitter.com/Chumphammer

I know its not tzeentch, but i find parts of this VERY hard to believe. Specifically the warclans wierdnob shaman (single caster with no bonuses with plenty of armies locking down magic) and the lack of  kroak in seraphon.  Although the rest of the list seems believable.

They probably want to get tzeentch in line before buffing the weaker units.

2 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I know its not tzeentch, but i find parts of this VERY hard to believe. Specifically the warclans wierdnob shaman (single caster with no bonuses with plenty of armies locking down magic) and the lack of  kroak in seraphon.  Although the rest of the list seems believable.

They probably want to get tzeentch in line before buffing the weaker units.

Yeah i've been looking at some warscrolls that have had lifts and doing some thinking and some seem off! But also, I updated my original post saying that I cant confirm if the leak is real or not because of some much conflict in the sources etc, so I apologize for that!

12 minutes ago, Martijn de Bruin said:

If a Gaunt Summoner is part of a batallion, is the summoned unit then also part of that batallion? 

No - the summon would need to say 'added to the battalion' rather than to the army. It's the same with Ardfist Ardboys coming back. They are added to the army so if they die again they can't come back.

Played a 1K game the other day with a mate, he played KO, and used the following list:

Pyrofane Cult

My Destiny Dice were: 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 1, 1, 1 (A great roll imo, buuuut ive def rolled enough bad rolls to make up for this)
LOC - General, Shrouded in unnatural flame, chainfire amulet, extra spell was treason of Tzeentch

Masiter (On foot) - Extra spell was Arcane suggestion

X2, 10 man units of Kairics for BL

X1 Unit of Flamers

X1 Exalted Flamer

X1 unit Screamers

Played Focal point (I think) and took first turn. Got the screamers onto the objective opposite mine, got flamers onto the middle objective, kept the kairics on one of each of the objectives in my territory and tagged all 4. Got 6 points end of my turn, was great.

Did a bit of shooting, lost the objective in his side, but maintained the middle and mine the whole game, he did a lot of damage to my kairics but not enough to clear bodies to grab an objective, also I used those 1's for battleshock.

Used a 6 for some spells with my LOC and also a 6 for his rod of sorcery, and nabbed a 5 in the other part of the roll. Because of Chainfire, any 6s on shooting are D3 mortals, to which I rolled 4 6's out of 11, pretty gross if you ask me but super awesome, and wiped a unit of his (cant remember their names). Also, because of LOC being a Daemon hero and also having the unnatural shroud he was -2 to hit... sooo those pesky KO people were now hitting on 5s and 6s for some and made it even harder for him to die.

The flamers took no damage what so ever, dont think he was really concerned about them but they wiped  a few units as well.

The Magister died after one round of shooting - POS but hey, only took it to get that Chaos spawn on the board and use the command ability to reroll wounds for the kairics (underrated imo, spesh on a huge blob of say 20 or 30!!!)

Was a great game and had a lot of fun. KO are not great in combat, kind of like us I guess, but my mate wasnt playing them with a full knowledge of their rules, sooo it could have gone the other way if he had of known all their abilities etc.

Think my favourite was the minus 2 to hit on the LOC and the 6s causing D3 mortals... a lot of fun and a great way to psych your opponent out.

Screamers died tre quick, and because he widdled down my kairics and my magister was ded, it was going to be a slow grind to summon another unit but I didnt need to in the end.

Overall, starting to play more games now with restrictions easing and my new units rocking up in the mail, and im really starting to enjoy the new Tome a lot more. Im running Pyrofane mostly as Ive invested most of my battleline into Kairics, and I dont think you would take anything else, other than Guild of Summoners to get that resistant to battleshock, because the buffs in the Pyrofane coven are actually great when used correctly. Just my thoughts though.

Dunno if I would change anything about the game. my deployment and taking first turn was a great bonus to me, and even though I lost the roll for turn 2, it didnt matter.

Taking first turn seems to work well for tzeentch now (obviously contextual) and I really like that about the army. Having to always go second feels boring, predictable and what not, but obviously we can still get crushed and pay for losing the double turn.

Going to play a game on sunday at 2k, and here is my list:

Guild of Summoners Coven (because I havent played it yet and want to get this LOC on the board, even once)

Magister on foot - Glimpse the future

Ogroid Thaumaturge - Infusion Arcanum

Tzaangor Shaman - Arcane suggestion

Gaunt Summoner on Disc - Prophet of the Ostensible, Brimstone Familiar, Havent decided extra spell just yet!

Blue Scribes - Treason of Tzeentch

x2, 20 man unit Kairics

x1, 10 man unit of Kairics

x1, 6 man Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc

x1 unit Varanguard (for the lols)

Balewind Vortex (for them scribe bois)

Playing against Beasts of Chaos. Should be good, because he's using 3 Ghorgons. Hopefully is a lot of fun and interesting! Will write a cheeky report if anyone is interested!

Stay Tzeentchy Fam!

10 hours ago, RUNCMD said:

Overall, starting to play more games now with restrictions easing and my new units rocking up in the mail, and im really starting to enjoy the new Tome a lot more. Im running Pyrofane mostly as Ive invested most of my battleline into Kairics, and I dont think you would take anything else, other than Guild of Summoners to get that resistant to battleshock, because the buffs in the Pyrofane coven are actually great when used correctly. Just my thoughts though.

I think pyrofane is overshadowed by eternal conflagration at the moment, but if flamers eat a nerf (which they certainly will be) I think Pyrofane will be able to stand on its own. You can definitely get a lot of mileage out of a 30 block of kairics in a witchfyre coven, and bringing a fatemaster can allow you to reroll hits as well as wounds although you might not have the CP for it.

11 hours ago, RUNCMD said:

Used a 6 for some spells with my LOC and also a 6 for his rod of sorcery, and nabbed a 5 in the other part of the roll. Because of Chainfire, any 6s on shooting are D3 mortals, to which I rolled 4 6's out of 11, pretty gross if you ask me but super awesome, and wiped a unit of his (cant remember their names). Also, because of LOC being a Daemon hero and also having the unnatural shroud he was -2 to hit... sooo those pesky KO people were now hitting on 5s and 6s for some and made it even harder for him to die.

Great write up, sounds like a pretty fun list to rock at 1k! I would point out however, that when using Destiny Dice for any of the allowed rolls, you use the number of Destiny Dice needed to complete the roll. So for casting spells or rolling for charges, because the "roll" itself consists of two dice, you must use 2 Destiny Dice to replace the "entire roll", not just half of the roll. I also don't believe the Destiny Dice can be used to determine the amount of random attacks a weapon gets, only the damage amount that the weapon can do, whether its d3 or d6, etc. 

Anyways, thanks for the great write up! Going to be running Pyrofane mostly as well with the big Kairic blocks and shooting LoC so I'm always interested in seeing how it fairs for others! Good luck with your Guild list too! 

Running this tomorrow 

Allegiance: Tzeentch
- Change Coven: Eternal Conflaguration
Lord of Change (380)
- Artefact: Shroud of Warpflame
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (170)
The Changeling (120)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Changecaster, Herald of Tzeentch (110)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
20 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (400)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
10 x Chaos Knights (360)
- Cursed Lance
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 102

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WargamerRyguy said:

Great write up, sounds like a pretty fun list to rock at 1k! I would point out however, that when using Destiny Dice for any of the allowed rolls, you use the number of Destiny Dice needed to complete the roll. So for casting spells or rolling for charges, because the "roll" itself consists of two dice, you must use 2 Destiny Dice to replace the "entire roll", not just half of the roll. I also don't believe the Destiny Dice can be used to determine the amount of random attacks a weapon gets, only the damage amount that the weapon can do, whether its d3 or d6, etc. 

Anyways, thanks for the great write up! Going to be running Pyrofane mostly as well with the big Kairic blocks and shooting LoC so I'm always interested in seeing how it fairs for others! Good luck with your Guild list too! 

Youre right regarding the two Dice having to sub in the 2 dice for a 2D6 roll. I really need to remember that because its pretty pivotal. As fsr as I am aware though you can use destiny dice to determine the random nature of a Hit Roll because you can sub in the dice for hit rolls, so if the LOC rod if 2D6 Hits i would have to burn those 2 DD and say " I get 8 hits because I used two 4 dices from my pool" and then I roll those 8 to see if they hit. But I could definitely be wrong! 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

I think pyrofane is overshadowed by eternal conflagration at the moment, but if flamers eat a nerf (which they certainly will be) I think Pyrofane will be able to stand on its own. You can definitely get a lot of mileage out of a 30 block of kairics in a witchfyre coven, and bringing a fatemaster can allow you to reroll hits as well as wounds although you might not have the CP for it.

Yeah conflagration def takes the cake as the best coven overall but for mortals and arcanites I really struggle to not take profane. Its a lot of fun. 

Mate the fatemaster is one of the last models im yet to kit bash! Can't wait hey. 

I think flamers will just see a points hike and not so much a nerf. Tzeentch suffered greatly at the last nerf bat and I dont think anyone will want that ever again nor will they do that to an army again. Well here's hoping anyway ;)

1 hour ago, RUNCMD said:

I think flamers will just see a points hike and not so much a nerf. Tzeentch suffered greatly at the last nerf bat and I dont think anyone will want that ever again nor will they do that to an army again. Well here's hoping anyway ;)

Points hikes are the easiest for them to do.  It can work but it takes some time.  I think an increase to Pinks is probably inevitable and am thinking about how to make up the points.  

1 hour ago, Deadkitten said:

Points hikes are the easiest for them to do.  It can work but it takes some time.  I think an increase to Pinks is probably inevitable and am thinking about how to make up the points.  

I think if they go up to 140 that's still not too bad really. I personally think pinks are where they need to be and don't need a hike. They're nothing but a tar pit really. 

2 hours ago, RUNCMD said:

I think if they go up to 140 that's still not too bad really. I personally think pinks are where they need to be and don't need a hike. They're nothing but a tar pit really. 

Flamers @ 140 is a good start.  Its almost a 20% increase.  10 Pinks are fine @ 200.  20 Pinks prob need a bump.  Or rather Eternal Conflagration needs a bump.  Changehost definitely needs a bump.