AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

8 hours ago, obmik1 said:

What does everyone think to the Midwest meltdown zeentch lists?

Aosshorts Midwest meltdown

Some interesting stats and house rules.

Screenshot_20180722-070349.png

Screenshot_20180722-070356.png

The Witchfyre list is the only one I find interesting, but I really question running the Blue Scribes over the Curseling, in a list that only has 4 wizards and no Endless Spells.

Also maybe I’m missing something but I don’t get why you’d run a Tzaangor Coven with only 20 of them, it makes no sense to me...

1 hour ago, The Cyclop Owl said:

The Witchfyre list is the only one I find interesting, but I really question running the Blue Scribes over the Curseling, in a list that only has 4 wizards and no Endless Spells.

Also maybe I’m missing something but I don’t get why you’d run a Tzaangor Coven with only 20 of them, it makes no sense to me...

I really don't understand all the love for the cursling. So far I've proxied him once and stole cogs. Which is pretty cool but required dd because he literally gets no bonuses what so ever. Anything that we might want to steal from the opponent will likely need dd to either dispel or cast or even both.

I think the blue scribes is auto include in any magic focused list. Their only issue is that they provide too many options. 

I agree about the zaangor coven too. Units of 3 enlightened and skyfire aren't really worth their points so to field the battalion it's costing you almost 500 points for something that is very situational. Most things a block of 30 get into combat with turn to paste, I imagine you'd be lucky to proc the pile in twice and it probably wouldn't achieve much.

1 hour ago, The Cyclop Owl said:

I really don't understand all the love for the cursling. So far I've proxied him once and stole cogs. Which is pretty cool but required dd because he literally gets no bonuses what so ever. Anything that we might want to steal from the opponent will likely need dd to either dispel or cast or even both.

I think the blue scribes is auto include in any magic focused list. Their only issue is that they provide too many options. 

I agree about the zaangor coven too. Units of 3 enlightened and skyfire aren't really worth their points so to field the battalion it's costing you almost 500 points for something that is very situational. Most things a block of 30 get into combat with turn to paste, I imagine you'd be lucky to proc the pile in twice and it probably wouldn't achieve much.

Sorry for double post?

Edited by obmik1
Double post

1 hour ago, obmik1 said:

really don't understand all the love for the cursling. So far I've proxied him once and stole cogs. Which is pretty cool but required dd because he literally gets no bonuses what so ever.

He can cast in your opponents Hero phase after dispelling the spell that was just cast.

With him as your general and magical supremacy you’re dispelling at 42” ... So a dispel at 42” and then casting the same spell... against them.

Situational, but interesting ... and they can also steal any spell on an opponent wizards Warscroll... 

2 hours ago, obmik1 said:

Sorry for double post?

On top of his dispell ability -which I agree is very situational - the Curseling offers the cheapest points/spells option for Tzeentch, which is what makes it an interesting include.

As for the Tzaangor Coven, it was played by a member of the Swedish team during the 6 Nations and they seemed fairly happy with it, for its extra attack, for the bonus to wound rolls and apparently for the unit of 3 enlightened as well. That being said, the Skyfires are obviously not that good when only 3 are fielded.

What I meant: I don’t believe there’s ever a reason to play a Tzaangor unit that’s not maxed because of the extra attacks, and with the bonuses to them as part of the Coven it’s even more obvious.

Curslings rules are super cool. But I feel very ineffective. It's very unlikely to dispel and recast a spell because of the lack of bonuses, your opponent also needs to cast spells, and cast spellsthat are universal and don't just effect friendly 'insert allegiance'. 2 spells for the points is also ace. But he's probably casting his own spell and then failing to steal the opponents spell and then casting bolt or shield. 

That being said I'm going to keep testing him out, it was cool pinching the endless spell. 

Zaangor coven is 110, if you include skyfire and enlightened points that's 490. You can literally get another full strength  unit of zaangors for the points. 

1 hour ago, obmik1 said:

Zaangor coven is 110, if you include skyfire and enlightened points that's 490. You can literally get another full strength  unit of zaangors for the points. 

You get the mobility, you get a certain amount of control of the combat phase through enlightened and syfires’ Abilities, a CP, an artefact and their really good profiles.

2 Tzaangor units might be an interesting list, but it’s a completely different playstyles..

Edited by The Cyclop Owl
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, obmik1 said:

Curslings rules are super cool. But I feel very ineffective. It's very unlikely to dispel and recast a spell because of the lack of bonuses, your opponent also needs to cast spells, and cast spellsthat are universal and don't just effect friendly 'insert allegiance'. 2 spells for the points is also ace. But he's probably casting his own spell and then failing to steal the opponents spell and then casting bolt or shield. 

That being said I'm going to keep testing him out, it was cool pinching the endless spell. 

Not really impressive to have another unit of Tzaangor If for the same cost, your single unit can attack twice, has bonus to wound and you have two super mobile units of Skyfires and Enlightened, which are much easier to use than another huge slow blob.

Hi,

i love Horrors and thought about a caster-list with them...

I have a bunch of Blues und Brimstones to split the fallen and even mor Pinks to summon and replace them and 3 Flamers.

Changeling instead of the Curseling would be to risky i think.

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (160)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (200)

Total: 960 / 1000

Do you think i stand a chance with them maybe in a... tournament?

Ty for comments

Remark to the Curseling: Check out Artefact "Souldraught". Its a once in battle ability to use 3 dice and the best 2 of them to cast and dispel in any hero phase.

Meaning use it in your opponents hero phase, then two chances of dispelling and casting, so possibly 4 times using the three dice! Also if you have scribes around....reroll your failed casts ;-)

The new big FAQ did a few things for the army.

1 - Cleared up in designars commentary now you can use Blue / Brimstone instead of fate points in rgeards to "must be on 10"

2 - Mark of the conjurer now means if you roll a double on a spell and it goes off you get 2 now 1 FP

3 - MH now adds d3 pink horrors and 1 blue/brimstone horror each hero phase

4 - Spell portal is now only 1 spell a turn

5 - Lens now only affects one spell a turn

Those are the big things

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

The new big FAQ did a few things for the army.

1 - Cleared up in designars commentary now you can use Blue / Brimstone instead of fate points in rgeards to "must be on 10"

2 - Mark of the conjurer now means if you roll a double on a spell and it goes off you get 2 now 1 FP

3 - MH now adds d3 pink horrors and 1 blue/brimstone horror each hero phase

4 - Spell portal is now only 1 spell a turn

5 - Lens now only affects one spell a turn

Those are the big things

1. Is a nice change/clarification. Makes it much easier to get those Horrors on the board!

2. Not sure how much this would get used - but at least it's something!

3. Stops MH being too obnoxious I suppose

4. In the bin it goes? I'm sort of glad it's been nerfed in a way, I felt my lists were far too dependent on it in a completely un-fun way.

5. Good!

I don't think these changes will change how I list build too much but it feels like a step in the right direction for me anyway.

EDIT - It appears that the Arcanite/Mortal/Daemon restrictions on items is gone. That opens things up a lot more! Will certainly change my lists then...

Edited by Calum Todd

Now spell portal is once per turn I'm most likely trading them in for the cogs.  6 Fate points turn just form him will mean I will genrate upto 13 fate points a turn, which can mean a free herald turn one or horrors turn 2.

The spell portal change will really hurt though.

58 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Ora il portale degli incantesimi è una volta per turno, molto probabilmente li sto scambiando per gli ingranaggi. 6 I punti del destino ruotano solo per lui significa che io genererò fino a 13 punti destino a turno, il che può significare un araldo libero girare uno o gli orrori girare 2.

Il cambio del portale degli incantesimi farà davvero male.

I'm considering whether to keep it on the list, for 60 points, better the vortex or the cogs.

1 hour ago, AaronWIlson said:

Now spell portal is once per turn I'm most likely trading them in for the cogs.  6 Fate points turn just form him will mean I will genrate upto 13 fate points a turn, which can mean a free herald turn one or horrors turn 2.

The spell portal change will really hurt though.

I think they've just killed the Portal. There's absolutely no way it's worth 60 points, and now the Vortex is a much better option.

Agreed. Balewind and arcane sacrifice. Geminids got canned too. I'm feeling the gnashing maw. 12 inch move. D3 and -1 bravery seems good when you take the changes into account. Miniwargaming painted one a Metallica colour which is a cool idea.

Meaty FAQs across the board, lots of reactionary changes that I can't argue with. Rest in Pepperonis, Lens of Refraction :P

Unrelated question, the Exalted Greater Daemon of Tzeentch has a HERO keyword, yet only has a Behemoth battlefield role on the pitched battle profile page of Monstrous Arcanum. Is it in fact still a HERO for the purpose of, well, everything? But particularly giving it an artefact. Also, is there a way to add it in on Scrollbuilder that I'm not seeing? Can't seem to find it under various tabs. Now it's there, NM.

Edited by Boss Salvage

3 minutes ago, Boss Salvage said:

Meaty FAQs across the board, lots of reactionary changes that I can't argue with. Rest in Pepperonis, Lens of Refraction :P

Unrelated question, the Exalted Greater Daemon of Tzeentch has a HERO keyword, yet only has a Behemoth battlefield role on the pitched battle profile page of Monstrous Arcanum. Is it in fact still a HERO for the purpose of, well, everything? But particularly giving it an artefact. Also, is there a way to add it in on Scrollbuilder that I'm not seeing? Can't seem to find it under various tabs.

Heros get Artefacts, so yes.

But there were no Forgeworld FAQs.

• Like 1