AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

11 minutes ago, SoulBlightDryad said:

MOST tournaments do include realm spells, including all the largest ones. Maybe just in your local scene they don't include them, but as time goes, it is rare to not have them (or at least some of them).

It's still very hit or miss. It would be nice if it trickled down a bit more. I live in a pretty large region, and realm spells are pretty much a no-go for the moment.

Due to that, it's still a point that needs to be considered. 

Well, firstly it's cool to see an all Beastclaw Ogor list do so well.. been considering getting 3 SC boxes to do something similar so new people interested in the hobby can borrow it and have something simple to play.

Anyway.. I'm really liking the variety.. 18 Flamers is pretty nuts but I feel more comfortable\balanced with extra Horrors and the standard 12 Flamers personally. I gotta say, I wouldn't have thought to throw in Be'lakor but I'm heavily considering it now... nice debuffs, can act reasonably well in the combat phase if needed and is a 2-cast Wizard for 240. I see no use for the Sorcerer Lord to be honest.. for 10 more points I would be bringing the The Blue Scribes for RR's.

More things added to the shopping list...

trying to plan and start a Tzeentcg army of 2000 points

but I have two little questions and need your help

(1) why I cant put pink horror as battleline on AOS app AZYR? is it just an app problem or I missed something

(2) how many blue horror should I purchase as reserve for the split? (I planned to have 3x10 pink battleline)

Thanks~

1 minute ago, rockmanko said:

trying to plan and start a Tzeentcg army of 2000 points

but I have two little questions and need your help

(1) why I cant put pink horror as battleline on AOS app AZYR? is it just an app problem or I missed something

(2) how many blue horror should I purchase as reserve for the split? (I planned to have 3x10 pink battleline)

Thanks~

When you select horrors, you need to select pink to make them battleline. 

You split 2 blues for every pink, so in your case  you would need 90 to cover all your bases, though it's rare you would need that many on the table at once. 

17 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

When you select horrors, you need to select pink to make them battleline. 

You split 2 blues for every pink, so in your case  you would need 90 to cover all your bases, though it's rare you would need that many on the table at once. 

yea, I do think I will not need full 60,

so would like to ask for suggestion how many I should prepare for :D

Hello everyone,

Below I have 3 Archaon Tzeentch lists, not sure which to go with as they all have pro's and Con's and can be fun. I'm leaning towards the first list since it reduces the drops and gives an extra artifact.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Tzeentch
- Change Coven: Pyrofane Cult
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Archaon the Everchosen (800)
- Lore of Change: Arcane Transformation
Lord of Change (380)
- General
- Trait: Shrouded in Unnatural Flame
- Artefact: Chainfire Amulet
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
20 x Kairic Acolytes (200)
- 18x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 2x Cursed Glaives
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
- 9x Cursed Blade & Arcanite Shield
- 1x Cursed Glaives
- 1x Cursed Glaives
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened (100)
Witchfyre Coven (160)
Aethervoid Pendulum (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 88

List is pretty straight forward, range attacks from the Acolyts backed up by the sorc and LoC. The other 2 units sit on objectives and Tzaangor run interference. Buff Archaon and charge him in.

Spoiler

- Change Coven: Hosts Duplicitous
Mortal Realm: Hysh
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Lord of Change (380)
- General
- Trait: Will of the Phantom Lord
- Artefact: Brand of the Spirit Daemon
20 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (400)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
- 1x Cursed Glaives

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 79

Same thing buff archaon, but this time I can bond the large horror unit if close enough, and then command ability with a fate dice to bring back either the large unit or smaller unit of horrors after they have soaked wounds. The LoC becomes decently tanky.

Spoiler

- Change Coven: Hosts Arcanum
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Lord of Change (380)
- General
- Trait: Spell Hunters
- Artefact: The Fanged Circlet
20 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (400)
6 x Screamers of Tzeentch (160)
3 x Screamers of Tzeentch (80)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 86

Same thing buff archaon, but this time the cult ability works with this dispells, and moving up with him and maybe a screamer unit or two with the command trait, then pop out another unit of 6 sharks, thats a good amount of units reaching the enemy turn 1. 

With over half the lists being heroes its a bit hard fitting everything in, but I think its fairly do able.

53 minutes ago, rockmanko said:

I have been running 20 pinks and 40 blue horrors has not been enough due to pink horror icon.  With 30 pinks, probably less likely you would need more than 60 because they probably won’t all be damaged at once, but I personally wouldn’t bring less than 60.

1 hour ago, rockmanko said:

I would say a minimum of 3/4 of your required amount (30 pinks -> 45-50 blues).  It depends how you use your pinks though, if you charge all of them into the enemy lines then you will need probably all your blues but if you hold one or two units back on objectives you would probably not need that many.  Also don't forget summoning points, chances are you will want to summon more pinks/blues at some point so try and factor that in to your equations.

5 hours ago, Neffelo said:

Thanks for the lists!

Changehost is coming in strong, no surprise there. I actually really like the Guild of Summoners list, despite it being one of my least favorite covens. 

Bit off topic but I'm more impressed with Sylvaneth getting 6th with Triple Durthu + Alarielle (no hunters). 

• Like 1

@PUFNSTUF I think I like the first list the best, but I'd make a couple tweaks. I like Infusion Arcanum on archaon personally, and I'm not sure you'll need the aerherquartz brooch since archaon generates two a turn already. Maybe there thermal rider cloak on the sorcerer? That way he can keep up with archaon and keep buffing as long as possible. 

6 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Anyway.. I'm really liking the variety.

Kinda concerned how only one list had arcanites, and that was only 10 acolytes.

That and the fact that this thread only talks about daemons worried me... 

Do you think mostly arcanite lists will be viable? (As in, mostly Tzaangor and acolytes)

42 minutes ago, iogaa said:

Do you think mostly arcanite lists will be viable? (As in, mostly Tzaangor and acolytes)

The guy in 13th did 3 MSU of Acolytes so yes, they would be viable.

16 minutes ago, Sinfullyvannila said:

The guy in 13th did 3 MSU of Acolytes so yes, they would be viable.

He only picked them because they're the cheapest battleline he could take (and invoked almost as many pinks T1), his list is mostly daemon (plus archaon).

I was asking about the viability of a list using acolytes and/or tzaangors as the backbone of an army.

Edited by iogaa

1 hour ago, simakover said:

how many LoC we needed now? im have one, but with guild of summoners looks like its not enought

Personally I start with Kairos and have 1 LOC for summoning. For maximum efficiency you need 2  more than you start with (you will rarely Summon a 3ed) but I have noticed that just one extra is enough for most games - recycling the LOC that you summon is good enough for casual play.

17 minutes ago, iogaa said:

He only picked them because they're the cheapest battleline he could take (and invoked almost as many pinks T1), his list is mostly daemon (plus archaon).

I was asking about the viability of a list using acolytes and/or tzaangors as the backbone of an army.

Pyrofane Cult and Witchfire Coven seems really strong on paper. Could be the simple fact that people do not have 60+ Acolytes painted and ready yet.

Looking at the winning tzeentch lists: it is a bit sad that pink is the norm. Pink everywhere. Spam pink. It is unfortunate as we have so many beautiful options and  probably the prettiest battlelines kairic & tzaangors. Hope: seeing more of them. Smell: kind of nerf to pink in the future (and probably gaunt then...)

1 hour ago, iogaa said:

I think a lot of people are dazzled by the easy cheese of change host conflagration as it is easily the top build in the book.  I think there is something to be said for Pyrofane for sure. I'm in the process of building 40 more acolytes to run a list. I think acolytes have legs as a screen for our more dangerous units and have the ability to be pretty annoying. For one, being on 32" bases, they take up a HUGE amount of real estate. Being able to deny a bunch of the table to deep strikers and flankers has its own power, even if it isn't readily seen.  I'm building a list that buffs the acolytes to make them as damaging, or as annoying to kill for as long as possible while i cast MW spells and bring out summons. 

LoC General with Chainfire Amulet. Besides being a great caster/dispeller I take him with the rod to hope for some lucky MW shooting. Who doesn't like MW shooting. 

Changling. As far as i'm concerned, he cost 160 because you don't take him without the Tome of eyes. Not having a warscroll spell, and puckish getting nerfed means you arn't going to want to jump him in the enemy backfield like you used too. Tome of Eyes gives you full rerolls, which is handy, and an extra spell for him to cast. I think hes just begging to have Treachery of Tzentch as his spell lore. Hitting an enemy unit with treachery to give them a -1 and then his ability for another -1 will go a long way towards keeping that big unit in line with their weaker 5+ armor save. 

Magister on foot with Shield of fate. This is a great spell that can help out our Acolytes or go on one of our heroes if they need saving. I thought about switching this to the spell that grants destiny dice for more chances at a Six to use with the next guy. 

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch. The new DP got a cost increase, but added benefits.  I plan on running him with warpfire blade and his sword option. This gives him 4 mortal wounds per hitroll of 6. Coupled with 12" movement and fly and fight at the start of the combat, this guy goes a long way towards handling big monsters we do not want to face. 

Fatemaster. Giving a 30 man KA squad, full hitrolls, full wound rolls, and the abilty to shoot twice is pretty handy. The wound rolls only last per phase, but the hit rolls from the fatemaster last till your next hero phase. 

I'm currently planning on running 30/20/20 acolytes with a min 100 man squad of enlightened on foot to qualify for my wytchfire requirements. 

I took the tome of eyes and pendulum as my endless spells. You have plenty of room to wiggle on the heros and the endless spells to tailor to your own tastes. Only thing I think is mandatory is the LOC with chainfire as thats pretty much the best build for that relic. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neffelo said:

Thanks for the lists!

Changehost is coming in strong, no surprise there. I actually really like the Guild of Summoners list, despite it being one of my least favorite covens. 

I'm not sure the number 2 is even legal. Can Changeling be part of the Changehost? Isn't it 8 units?

Edit: No big deal really, since you'll just force to spilt your Flamers to 2 units to make it legal and it becomes 2 drop. 

Edited by Qaz
As above