AoS 2 - Disciples of Tzeentch Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 hours ago, DaftSkunk said:

Looking at the Witch Elf poses it seems tricky to me to get shields onto them. How would you go about it? :) I've also been trying to get more variety in my tzeentch mortals, but the question of how to get female Kairic Acolytes has me stumped. Would love some ideas for that, as I plan to get at least another 20, maybe even 40 as I grow my cult. 

We lucked out.

The Wytch Elf’s have two configurations (the box makes both Wytch Elves and Sisters of Slaughter.

Sisters of Slaughter have shields. :) 

https://www.games-workshop.com/Daughters-Of-Khaine-Sisters-of-Slaughter-2018

• Like 1

So I've got my first 2k game coming up next Wednesday, this is what I'm going with. 

Allegiance : Tzeentch Realm : Ghur 

LEADERS 

Lord of Change - 380
Artefact - Gryph Feather Charm
Lore of Change - Tzeentchs Firestorm

Gaunt Summoner - 180 
Lore of Change - Bolt of Tzeentch 

Tzaangor Shaman - 180
Lore of Change - Unchecked Mutation 

Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch - 160
Trait - Magical Supremacy 
Lore of Fate - Glimpse the Future 

The Blue Scribes - 140 
Lore of Change - Unchecked Mutation 

BATTLEINE 

30 Tzaangors - 480
10 Kairic Acolytes - 80
10 Kairc Acolytes - 80
10 Pink Horrors - 200
Lore of Change - Fold Reality

ENDLESS SPELLS 

Umbrall Spell Portal - 60
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh - 40
Soulsnare Shackles - 20

I might being a bit greedy with the second acolyte unit, as I could potentially drop it for a CP & Balewind (in place of Shackles). Though I feel with 2 units of 10 Acolytes that's something like 40ish of screening if I need it. The main thing that will force me to need a CP for turn one (for needing to autopass a big battleshock test on my Tzaangors) would be a idoneth eel spam & cog army. So I'm going to go greedy for now, I like having the extra models on the board to help with objectives, as we can be locked out of them fairly easily by mass alpha builds. 

17 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

We lucked out.

The Wytch Elf’s have two configurations (the box makes both Wytch Elves and Sisters of Slaughter.

Sisters of Slaughter have shields. :) 

https://www.games-workshop.com/Daughters-Of-Khaine-Sisters-of-Slaughter-2018

Ohh, I saw they had the alternative way to be built but didn't notice the shields. Mmmh, maybe even possible to get Acolyte Shields on some of them, then with swords/glaives and Acolyte heads... I'll definitly keep them in mind, thanks. :)

Btw. something that's been confusing me ever since I started, Shields and Swords vs Glaives for the Acolytes. You built them with shields and swords and shields and glaives, but the warscroll calls them two-handed glaives I think, so do they get the benefit of shields? When it comes to two blades it's much clearer I feel.

20 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

If you don’t mind the curiosity, how are you handling the magnetizing of the Skyfires? That sounds like it could be fun... (or insane ... I haven’t determined which.)

I magnetized the whole chest. Same with all my Tzaangors. Only problem is that the Enlightened and Skyfire Champion share their chests, so I only got 1 each out of 2 packs.

IMG_20180713_113851_703.JPG

IMG_20180713_113911_088.JPG

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Maximum said:

Do you think it makes sense to use the evocation points for LoC, or is it better to use them for something else?

Sorry by Evocation points do you mean Fate Points? If so I really don't expect to save them up for a LoC. I think very, very best case you could potentially get a LoC by the end of turn 3 (This is very best case). Currently the game moves at a very fast rate, via alpha lists (Gorefist, Dreadwood, KO dropships) or Gunlines / Magical Gunlines, by turn 3 a lot of things are dead.

Personally I'm probably going to summon whenever I can. Most likely a herald of Disc at the end of each turn, as he is another wizard, mobile, and a good spawn point for blues / brimstones. That said if you're massively ahead and don't feel any pressure and CAN save it to summon the chicken why not, summoning Pink Horrors is also another great unit to if you can. Another wizard and represents 50 wounds on the table. 

1 hour ago, Drib said:

magnetized the whole chest. Same with all my Tzaangors. Only problem is that the Enlightened and Skyfire Champion share their chests, so I only got 1 each out of 2 packs.

I can’t quite tell from the sprue picture, but did they give you enough torsos to have an Leader torso and a standard torso for that model?

Basically does it give you 7 torsos? (1 for the champion, 3 for each of the Skyfires and Exlightened?)

How do they define the “unit champion”? (Guy with the arms spread wide?)

16 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Scusa per punti di Evocazione intendi Punti Fato? Se è così, davvero non mi aspetto di salvarli per un LoC. Penso che, nel caso migliore, potresti potenzialmente ottenere un LoC entro la fine del turno 3 (questo è il caso migliore). Attualmente il gioco si muove a una velocità molto elevata, tramite liste alfa (Gorefist, Dreadwood, KO dropships) o Gunlines / Magical Gunlines, nel turno 3 molte cose sono morte.

Personalmente probabilmente andrò ad evocare ogni volta che posso. Molto probabilmente un araldo di Disc alla fine di ogni turno, poiché è un altro mago, mobile e un buon punto di spawn per blues / brimstones. Detto questo, se sei molto avanti e non senti alcuna pressione e PUO 'salvarlo per evocare il pollo perché no, evocare Pink Horrors è un'altra grande unità se puoi. Un altro mago e rappresenta 50 ferite sul tavolo. 

I meant the points of fate, I'm sorry.
However it is the same idea that I had, apart from the charm of evoking a LoC, strategically there is better.

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

I can’t quite tell from the sprue picture, but did they give you enough torsos to have an Leader torso and a standard torso for that model?

Basically does it give you 7 torsos? (1 for the champion, 3 for each of the Skyfires and Exlightened?)

How do they define the “unit champion”? (Guy with the arms spread wide?)

When I remember correctly, there were 4 "normal" and 1 "champion" torso frontpart, but only three legs/backs. But there are enough head and neck parts to magnetize too (armored for the Enlightened and non-armored for the Skyfires). But I only build them as Skyfires without quiver as it was easier.

Yea, the one with the arms spread is the Champion and there are 4 weapon sets included for each typ, 3 normal spears and one spread version, same with the bows. 

On 7/13/2018 at 7:28 AM, Hounsou83 said:

What do you think about the Changeling casting a purple sun on the enemy army at turn one ?

You can’t. You do *know* enemy endless spells, but since this is matched play and you must pay for ES in matched play, you can’t actually cast the spell as you have no model. So no stealing endless spells from opponents, unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, ianob said:

You can’t. You do *know* enemy endless spells, but since this is matched play and you must pay for ES in matched play, you can’t actually cast the spell as you have no model. So no stealing endless spells from opponents, unfortunately.

If you bring your own there is no problem, or ask your opponent for his.

9 minutes ago, Drib said:

If you bring your own there is no problem, or ask your opponent for his.

In narrative sure. In matched play, endless spells have a points cost, so you don’t have them available to use if you didn’t pay for them.

42 minutes ago, ianob said:

In narrative sure. In matched play, endless spells have a points cost, so you don’t have them available to use if you didn’t pay for them.

The wording in the GHB is a bit unclear, you pay to know the spell but the model part is a bit strange worded.

1 hour ago, Drib said:

The wording in the GHB is a bit unclear, you pay to know the spell but the model part is a bit strange worded.

It definitely doesn’t have zero ambiguity I agree, but Endless spells do have a min and max unit size, and you don’t get to just *use things* in matched play if they have  points values without paying for them, so  no idea why people would think this would be an exception to the rule.

Edited by ianob

8 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

From the FAQs for DoT. I assumed that meant without paying the points. 

I had that in mind too, but it is in the general FAQs for DoT so it is not adressed 100% for matched play.

Hi guys, I was hoping for some expertise since I've not played AoS2: Electric Boogaloo and in fact only had a couple of tiny games of AoS1.

I'm planning a 1k/2k list for some escalation style play as I build and paint up the army, Realms of Chaos style (so everyone unique). For 1k points I have - Curseling, Tzaangor Shaman, Fatemaster, Magister, 3 Enlightened and 2 units of 5 Chaos Warriors with some points left over for a spellportal.

To expand to 2k I was planning to add a Lord of Change and Geminids, which gives me 580 points to play around with. Since I'm light on bodies I was thinking possibly 30 Tzaangors and maybe some screamers to fill out on points and hunt small stuff, go for objectives and so on.

My main question is concerning the Tzaangors - since they're effectively the same points as Chaos Warriors, what would the preference between the two be? Would 30 Warriors or 30 Tzaangors be more useful? I'm not super competetive and the army is mostly a modeling project for me, but it'd be nice to go for the more useful choice if I'm going to spend time converting 30 of these guys. The other choices would of course be going for cheaper and more numerous Acolytes or even Marauders in either half of the army, or even just going for 3 units of pink horrors and dropping the screamers and possibly geminids.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, cheers!

7 hours ago, Geckilian said:

Hi guys, I was hoping for some expertise since I've not played AoS2: Electric Boogaloo and in fact only had a couple of tiny games of AoS1.

I'm planning a 1k/2k list for some escalation style play as I build and paint up the army, Realms of Chaos style (so everyone unique). For 1k points I have - Curseling, Tzaangor Shaman, Fatemaster, Magister, 3 Enlightened and 2 units of 5 Chaos Warriors with some points left over for a spellportal.

To expand to 2k I was planning to add a Lord of Change and Geminids, which gives me 580 points to play around with. Since I'm light on bodies I was thinking possibly 30 Tzaangors and maybe some screamers to fill out on points and hunt small stuff, go for objectives and so on.

My main question is concerning the Tzaangors - since they're effectively the same points as Chaos Warriors, what would the preference between the two be? Would 30 Warriors or 30 Tzaangors be more useful? I'm not super competetive and the army is mostly a modeling project for me, but it'd be nice to go for the more useful choice if I'm going to spend time converting 30 of these guys. The other choices would of course be going for cheaper and more numerous Acolytes or even Marauders in either half of the army, or even just going for 3 units of pink horrors and dropping the screamers and possibly geminids.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, cheers!

30 Tzaangors is a very, very powerful unit.

I played ironjawz 2k twice last night. First games if the new edition. Three places of power in lore of life. 

My list was:

Loc

Gaunt summoner, familliars - Arcane sacrifice, wellspring of arcane might.

Blue scribes

Gaunt summoner, disk.

Zaangor sorcerer 

4x10 acolytse 

30 zaangor 

Spell portal, pendulum, geminids. 

The ironjawz played a wierdnob battalion. Took turn 1 got into arcane terrain cast foot of gork on a 13 with +3 cast,+18", and +2 damage. Killed all my heroes excluding the loc, 680 points with 1 spell turn 1 hero phase, dirty. We both agreed that crippled me and there wasn't much coming back from it and i conceded.

We reset table and played exactly the same way again. This time he only took the general gaunt summoner off on his first turn which left me with plenty to put a fight up!

This time top of turn 2 all that was left on the table was a fungoid grot shamen and  all I had lost was part of the zaangors and my general.

Take away: zaangors are dirty. Turn 1 they charged and killed 3 gruntas and 10 ard boyz with shields, turn 2 they were charged by 2x10 brutes, less a 1-2 from each. Battle shocked one unit off the board and left the other unit 4 strong. 2 units in 2k?

Spell portal is amazing. Geminids put loads of work in, i think they're ace. Pendulum maybe swapped out?

Hello all! I was wondering if I could get some feedback on a list. 

Chaos Sorcerer Lord - Glimpse the future

Curseling - Arcane Suggestion

Curseling - Shield of Fate

Herald of Tzeentch - Unchecked Mutation

Herald on Disc - Bolt of Tzeentch

Kairic Acolytes x 10 - Blades and Shields

Kairic Acolytes x 10 - Blades and Shields

Tzaangors x 20 - Mutant, Savage Greatblade, Paired Savage Blades (8), Savage Blades and Shields (10)

Flamers x 3

Flamer x 3

Chaos Chariot

Chaos Knights (10) - Ensorcelled Weapons

That is 2K on the nose. This is a lot different from what I usually run, because I don't think pink horrors are worth the points. My idea is to use the Chaos Knights, Chariot, and Tzaangors to do the bulk of the killing. I am going to use Shield of Fate of one of them (thinking the Knights), and Demonic Frenzy on the other. I would then put the Chaos Sorcerer Lord's ability on the unit with Shield of Fate. I think I can pretty reliably get at least 5 fate points a turn, and use those to drop in blue horrors as either speed bumps, or to work objectives. I am not playing in an uber competitive environment, but I would like to have a shot a winning. Any thoughts?

I should clarify it doesn't make his stealing spell & re-casting it useless but it does in regards to stealing Endless spells. They have taken the time to FAQ it that he can do it, I would think if they expected  us to pay for said spell they would of put it attached to said FAQ.