10pinks +10blues

10 pink horrors

10 pink horrors

10 brimstones

Purple sun

Pendulum

Gravetide

Bale wind vortex

Debating swapping grave tide for burning head for the reroll 1s aura as the Pink's.might be enough of a wall. Both do about the same damage otherwise.

2070 points according to my rusty math. I think a unit of 20 horrors costs 400 points if there are 19 brimstones + 1 pink

2 hours ago, Magnus The Blue said:

The more I think about it, the more I think units of 20 pinks, in The Eternal Conflagration with change host battalion are just savage.  With no support, if their spell goes off, they have 60 shots, 3+/4+/-1 and 100 wounds.  So they are dealing nearly as much damage as 6 flamers and an exaulted but over 6 times the wounds (400 v 340 points)!  Sure they are slow and short ranged but changecult solves that (mostly).  Buff them.with a fate master and/or aura of mutability and things get really silly.  Tasty

And once you start killing them they get more shots! 

This is where I'm starting.  Not sure if I'll be able to swing 20-20-10 though.  Might have to settle for 20-10-10.

11 minutes ago, Paniere said:

2070 points according to my rusty math. I think a unit of 20 horrors costs 400 points if there are 19 brimstones + 1 pink

Brims cost 80 for 10, blues cost 100 for 10, and pinks cost 200 for 10.

So the 10pink + 10 blue unit is 300pts

13 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

If your dropped change host you could just take the bridge endless spell. Then you aren't locked into change host and can still sling shot models up the table

..... Maybe I should do that. 

While that's true, I would be losing the 1 drop, extra artifact for Aura of Mutability and the extra CP which will be greatly needed in this army. For now I think it will work just fine.. just have to see how some competitive builds are looking and what works and change accordingly.

Not to say there aren't other ways of going Flamer heavy of course, especially with the fact you could easily just run 1x12 + 1 Exalted, 30-60 Horrors and fill the rest with Wizards and Endless Spells... but being able to dictate going first with teleporting shooting is great to have. The utility of Changehost is present throughout the game; being able to go anywhere for 2 units is invaluable when only Seraphon come's close to that (in my opinion).

9 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

While that's true, I would be losing the 1 drop, extra artifact for Aura of Mutability and the extra CP which will be greatly needed in this army. For now I think it will work just fine.. just have to see how some competitive builds are looking and what works and change accordingly.

Not to say there aren't other ways of going Flamer heavy of course, especially with the fact you could easily just run 1x12 + 1 Exalted, 30-60 Horrors and fill the rest with Wizards and Endless Spells... but being able to dictate going first with teleporting shooting is great to have. The utility of Changehost is present throughout the game; being able to go anywhere for 2 units is invaluable when only Seraphon come's close to that (in my opinion).

Change host is definitely good. It just depends on the list and using what you have.  Just change host is also restrictive as it can limit your number of mortal wizards for spells like gaze of fate. 

The bridge though too can be used to Port units about and isn't as limited. With an LoC you can undispel it with impunity.

The daemon fire rift is also pretty great in our army if you are bringing ant greater daemon who can Auto unbind the thing before it has a chance to hurt your own army.  Only concern is getting the wizard in range to cast the spell. 

Edited by mmimzie

3 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

I think it would be 300 but looking at it I think they'd lose the option to be battleline listening to the guerilla miniature's guy.

the wording is clear: Horrors are battleline if they contain no blues/brims. Also they cost 100 only  if they contain no pinks 

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

Keep in mind you're only teleporting 2 units per turn with that though.. not to say it can't be done without that as Flamers have a 27" Threat range, but any decent player will make sure the non-teleporting Flamer group will be out of range of anything important.

True, although that gets harder for them to do in scenarios with smaller deployment separation. Also if you go second and the flamers dictate where their important models move on the first turn, that's a massive amount of disruption to their game plan. Hmm, you could also do a Herald on disk and then teleport the pinks and a big unit of flamers. You miss out on the +1 to cast for the pink's spell, but otherwise it should still work the same way.

Edit: it also occurs to me a khorne Daemon Prince from S2D might be a nice ally assuming it isn't blocked. Half run and charge rolls could keep the shooters safe for an extra turn.

Edited by Grimrock

im thinking a witchfyre coven list to start my tzeentch journey as the mortals and arcanites have always enthralled me (though one day i will get a LOC and play some changehost)

witchfyre coven: 160

heroes: 

tzaangor shaman: 150

herald on foot: 110

battline:

acolytes x20: 200

other:

enlightend x9: 300

skyfires x6: 400

tarus: 80

cmd point: 50

ive thought about making the herald a magister on disc (as i bought the box) and ditching the extra cmd point as i get one with withfyre and i can add a 20 endless spell. Also is 2 shamans too many? let me know!

Edited by millies1919
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

So some things came to mind;

Even though Enlightened/Skyfires don’t benefit from Locus, you can bring in the Dirghorn BoC endless spell and debuff your enemy hit rolls with that. Combined with other defensive effects; Shield of Fate and Arcane Suggestion’s hit/wound roll debuff; you can make it really easy to minimize enough casualties to make the a Visions of the Past a worthwhile gambit.

The Tome of Eyes combos really well with Kairos and Ogroid Thaumaturge since the Grasping Tendrils can mitigate the mortal wounds you take from it. You can also try to risk using it with your Magister for double casting on Snake Eyes.

I think the Burning Icon is fairly underrated. For one thing, if you have a LoC out you can just remove it if it will cause problems. For another thing, the effect takes place at the end of your movement phase making it very easy to predict whether or not it will have a detrimental effect. Lastly, if it brings out a spawn it gets its points back.

As above; if you get the hit debuff to go off with the icon, have the Dirghorn out and cast Arcane Suggestion on a unit with 4+ to hit, you eliminate their chance to hit your Enlightned.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, millies1919 said:

im thinking a witchfyre coven list to start my tzeentch journey as the mortals and arcanites have always enthralled me (though one day i will get a LOC and play some changehost)

heroes: 

battline:

other:

ive thought about making the herald a magister on disc (as i bought the box) and ditching the extra cmd point as i get one with withfyre and i can add a 20 endless spell. Also is 2 shamans too many? let me know!

I would highly recommend not losing a CP over the Disc Magister. CPs are way too important with Mortals/ Arcanites. If I were you I’d just blue-tack your Magister onto a 32 mil base until you get a replacement.

2 Shamans is fine. It’s not ideal to run all your Disc Tzaangors in a blob anyway. I end up splitting them up to assassinate a hero with the Skyfires.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila

Question: how do people rate the ogroid? One of my Fav AOS models. I haven't seen anyone draft a list with it. Also, any other ways to turn enemy models into Chaos spawn besides the one mortal wizards spell and the endless spell? Wondering if I missed any as that seems like a fun gimmick to play up

2 hours ago, millies1919 said:

heroes: 

battline:

other:

As far as I know (from squinting at blurry video), witchfyre coven no longer grants all the units in battalion double shots but rather only one unit gets it per turn (which would mean that you want at least 1 x 30 man unit of acolytes to max it out).

3 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

As far as I know (from squinting at blurry video), witchfyre coven no longer grants all the units in battalion double shots but rather only one unit gets it per turn (which would mean that you want at least 1 x 30 man unit of acolytes to max it out).

This is true, you want to run atleast one max unit to maximize the battalion benefit. You can use the other 10 man squads to screen for the big block if you want lol. 

17 minutes ago, GunslingerOy said:

Question: how do people rate the ogroid? One of my Fav AOS models. I haven't seen anyone draft a list with it. Also, any other ways to turn enemy models into Chaos spawn besides the one mortal wizards spell and the endless spell? Wondering if I missed any as that seems like a fun gimmick to play up

Mutalith Vortex Beast in the StD battletome can be given the Tzeentch keyword and does so on a roll of a 6.

8 hours ago, mmimzie said:

If your dropped change host you could just take the bridge endless spell. Then you aren't locked into change host and can still sling shot models up the table

..... Maybe I should do that. 

I was thinking this too. Personally I'm not over impressed with Lord of Change, so feels a bit like I'm being forced to pay 560 just to get a Changehost (380 +180). So might try Multitudinous Host with Soulscream bridge to help with mobility.  The healing ability seems amazing for Pinks, bringing back 5-15 wounds per unit, per turn.

Somehthing like:

Multitudinous Host

Fateskimmer

Herald on Disk

Fatemaster

2*20 Pinks

1 * 10 Pinks

3 * 10 Brims

2 * 10 Blues

Soulscream Bridge

340 wounds, before healing means your winning the objective game.  Starts with 6 Casts a turn, so will get a little summoning. Great shooting that is really hard to get rid of. Only problem (other than painting up hundreds of horrors) is that it could be thermally dull to play with.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GunslingerOy said:

Also, any other ways to turn enemy models into Chaos spawn besides the one mortal wizards spell and the endless spell? Wondering if I missed any as that seems like a fun gimmick to play up

Kairos Fateweaver's Gift of Change spell does this and instead of D3 MWs you deal damage based on his wound table starting at a solid 6 which guarantees a spawn from most units you direct this at, kills most generic foot heroes too.

Pyrofane Coven
Heroes:
LoC, general, artifact and trait from Pyro - 380
Gaunt Summoner- 240, broch
Tzaangor Shaman - 150
Fatemaster- 120
Battleline:
3x 20 Kairic Aco.- 3x. 200
Units:
9 Eenglighten - 300
Battalions:
Witchfyre coven - 160