RuneBrush

2 hours ago, Glaurung said:

Rumors

AGKonTG +60

AGKoZD +20

AAR +20

Chalice +20

mind, they are NOT confirmed until you see them on the book 

I believe these are tournament player suggestions or something? Obviously if that were the case they would have been asked for this feedback and will likely be taken into consideration. I honestly wouldn't be too upset since, yes, the stuff has been pretty strong from my personal experience...

...at the same time many armies are getting similar power levels so I mean.. there's that.

8 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

- ghoul courtier = sacrifice a whole 10 ghoul unit as in AoS the unit sizes are fixed (10 20 etc...). If I build a courtier, only 9 ghouls left. Did I miss something??? (same for the other courtier -> horrors etc..). Or is there a way without sacrifying a whole kit/unit?

If you don’t have the spare parts to kit-bash try hitting up eBay.  I get more bitz there than I do buying/trading from local players.

2 hours ago, Glaurung said:

Rumors

snip

mind, they are NOT confirmed until you see them on the book 

Does the rumor include price hikes across multiple books?  There’s always the question if the one(s) spreading a rumor are just jockeying for position.  In 40k the nerf-brigade sure love to scream for Guard point hikes.

39 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I honestly wouldn't be too upset since, yes, the stuff has been pretty strong from my personal experience...

GkoTg/-Zd for 460 pts would be a pretty big hit.

Especially compared to a murder machine like a Bloodthirster of insensate rage. Only 280 points, AoE mortal wounds on 6s, with the right „pack“ gets first strike and  by the way is pretty easily summoned again...

AAR for 200 was way to cheap, double casting, summoning with the throne almost negates his whole points. Probably a cheesy way to get poor souls spending bucks on the boxes. First time is for free 😅

Let’s see what is left, when the print dries. We had our time on top...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I really need some help here before glueing everything.

I'm asking again, hoping some kind soul gives me some enlightment....

When it comes to a new army, I like to be able to play several builds. My questions are about building the miniatures:

- how many courtiers do I need? (of each sort): I don't see lists with more than 1, will I need 2?

- ghoul courtier = sacrifice a whole 10 ghoul unit as in AoS the unit sizes are fixed (10 20 etc...). If I build a courtier, only 9 ghouls left. Did I miss something??? (same for the other courtier -> horrors etc..). Or is there a way without sacrifying a whole kit/unit?

The last question is less important (see inventory 6 messages above)

- do I need more mini to be able to play almost all builds? what  is the best buy next? one more SC?

- I don't have the FEC endless spells: are they worth it?

1 of each would be fine for most reasons, that covers any battalions.

the exceptions are varghulf because if you summon any courtier it might as well be them. And Crypt Ghast, because they are cheap and if you want to run a ghoul horde, multiples are best.

Sadly, offcial courtiers are built from their boxes, rendering the rest of the box awkward. For the Flayer/Horror/Varghulf courtier, I would just sacrifice a single box of 'knights' and build one of each. Some extra bits and greenstuff can help, as long as they look distinct.

For the Crypt Ghast courtier, I would take all the extra arms and heads from the ghoul kit and use them to Ghoulify a few random humanoid models. An aelf, some Freeguild, old Brettonia, whatever you can find that looks extra fancy. 

That way, you don't have awkward ghoul models left over. 

The endless spells are fun but hardly mandatory. The chalice can be good, but is hard to use sometimes.

As for what you need (I can't find your inventory) this is a general deal.

For ghoul horde: 120ish ghouls, 3-4 ghoul courtier

For Khight based: 18ish Flayers or Horrors, their respective Courtier

For Gristlegore: 1-2 Mounted Kings, 3 Terrorgheists.

For any lists: An Archreagent, 1-2 Mounted Kings.

For FEC, conversions are your friend. The courtiers and Archregents (if you can't snag them) it is best to make your own. Cannabalize appropriate minis, it is thematic! lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @flamingwalnut 

Everything is still on sprues. My inventory is :

ghoul 70

horrors 18

ZD 1  (GK not glued, will be magnetized to be mounted or on foot)

TG 2 (GK not glued, will be magnetized to be mounted or on foot)

Archregent 2

Vargulf courtier 1

So, after your nice and informative advice  and everything I read, it'd be something like:

ghoul 70 => 67+3 courtiers

horrors 18=> 9flayers+6horrors+2flayers courtier+1 horror courtier

+  all HQ/behemoth above.

Meaning that to get closer to all builds I need 1 Start collecting+ 1 or 2 horrors boxes... (I think that I prefer the fast and furious way of fight of , say, deathwatch kind of list).

I'd like to build all in one time and paint also all in one time (technicallly in several batches in short amount of time).

• LOVE IT! 1

51 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Meaning that to get closer to all builds I need

60 ghouls are good for the 40/10/10 battleline.

the horror-flayer ?conundrum? is always painful. 3x3 flayer are just not really bringing the pain to your opponent, 2x6 are way better. Same kinda goes for horrors. If you really want a deathwatch 9/6/3 or 6/6/6 should be your goto...

sadly I‘ve played the reroll everything GkoZd-Horrors only once, with all the proxy, but man was that funny...

6 minutes ago, Honk said:

If you really want a deathwatch 9/6/3 or 6/6/6 should be your goto...

Well, as a adept of magnetizing, I thing that the result doesn't look relly good in the video above. I'll glue 6 hoors because I love the look. 9 flayers because I love the look and  warscroll (love mobility in games). Maybe I'll magnetize the rest. Dunno.

But the conclusion is: need at least 9 more flayers. At least. Because I've read that the build is optimized by the wargulf which also has to summon 3 more flayers... Or am I wrong?

Need more, more more, always more. 

• Haha 1

I personally would try them out in balanced lists...

take a unit of 6 knights, with the fitting heroes and go on a feast day... then you’ll see what works what is too much. 9 horrors might just be too many to get into melee, flayers can at least scream from a distance.

So if I’m wanting to make my wonderful crypt horrors works optimally, is Feast Day the way to go? It seems to me the free feeding frenzy is both more powerful and more flexible than re-rolling 1s on the charge. However, Hollowmourne granting battleline status without having to make a courtier the general is wonderful. How have you guys maximized your crypt horrors? 

I've been running Feast Day almost exclusively and it's been the best setup for me so far. I've shifted focus away from Deadwatch\Flayers\Horrors and more into 40-10-10 Ghouls but no matter what I think it's a great all-around way to run any setup of the army.

RR 1's to wound on a charge is about the best thing to come out of that, like you said. Feast Day is essentially giving you 10 CP if a game goes to T5. I would rather run Feast Day with 6-3-3 or 6-6-3 (or 6-6 and some Ghouls) and you could throw in Abbatoir or Attendants battalion for less drops, extra CP and an artifact. In almost every higher points list I run 2 AAR's, which in an elite Flayer\Horror heavy list lets you summon 40 Ghouls for coverage (or, you know, 6 more Flayers\Horrors). Bring along a GKoTG for 3 more Horrors or a GKoZD (or both) for another Courtier to help support the Horrors and make sure those units stay up.

14 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

It is written "once per turn", so, is it 5 CP rather than 10? How can you count 10 CP?

Once per turn, meaning once on each person's turn, not round. You get one for free during your combat phase and one for free during theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marthen said:

So if I’m wanting to make my wonderful crypt horrors works optimally, is Feast Day the way to go? It seems to me the free feeding frenzy is both more powerful and more flexible than re-rolling 1s on the charge. However, Hollowmourne granting battleline status without having to make a courtier the general is wonderful. How have you guys maximized your crypt horrors? 

I use mine as a second line of assault in range of the re-rolling attacks. A unit of 6 with the average +2 attacks from an AAR attacking twice will kill almost anything that isn't extremely resilient. 62 attacks, 31 hit, + 15 from the re-rolls, of which 7 will be 3 damage and 35 2 damage. Even a unit with 3+/6+ is taking ~30 wounds with average rolls. Much of the time the AGKOTG goes in and deletes something, they spend a turn trying to deal with it, then the horrors arrive with a varg to support and cripple them. Even if you don't get the extra attacks they still put out a lot lot of damage. So yes, I think Feast Day is the way to go personally. 

10 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

@Gwendar Could you please share your kind of list please? As for me, It is exactly what I can play right away (in several maners btw)

Well, I run a lot of different lists since it's an army that easily diversifies. I'm currently playing through a league (which you can see some of the games and lists I've used in my blog posts) but I have my 1500-2k lists planned out.

What are you more interested in? Balanced lists? Horror\Flayer heavy? Royal Menagerie Gristlegore? We have a wealth of options, to be honest. I most commonly run 40-10-10 Ghouls for objectives and hit them hard with a TG + ZD or TG + 6 Horrors\Flayers; all underneath Feast Day.

• Haha 1

@Gwendar (and other pro FEC) As I stated previously, my goal is to get a core of miniatures that let me play many builds (maybe without being extrem, that's why I like your idea) . The way you describe it let me think that I'm close to that with 40+10+10 ghouls (see inventory above: 67 ghouls/ 6 Hor/9 fla/2TG/1ZD/1Var/2 AAR and the courtiers/kings needed). 

I think that the core of many builds will be 40 10 10 + AAK + GKTG, but maybe I'm wrong. So, it'd be very informative for the whole FEC comunity (and their enemies :PB| ) to see a prototype list of each build around your idea...(Balanced lists //  Horror\Flayer heavy // Royal Menagerie Gristlegore ...)

PS: for royal menagery, is a mounted  TG/ZD counted in the 3+ behemoth battleline requirement?

@GeneralZero To be honest, you sound like you have a good diversity of units so I think you're in the same situation as me of being able to do whatever you want really.

My core for a balanced list (heavy objective control) is typically centered around 50-60 Ghouls (or more if you want to summon them in), 1-2 AAR's, 1-2 GKoTG's\ZD's and a Ghast Courtier + Ghoul Patrol. This gives summoning power for objectives or threat from Horrors\Flayers + mounted GK's crashing into lines or killing the important bits.

Horror\Flayer heavy for me usually just ends up leaving in 1 GKoTG and the 1-2 AAR's (count this as my core) and I add in the relevant Courtier as General to make the battleline work. From there I would go with @Honk's suggestion of 6-6-6, 6-6-3 or 9-6-3 either way..throw in a battalion for less drops if you can. I try to fit in 2 AAR's no matter what, but 1 is an auto-include so the other can be looked at as a 200 point buffer. Keep in mind that you can always use the AAR to summon in more Knights if you wish, but I typically like to use them to summon in 40 Ghouls and control backline\side objectives.

And no, it's only for the unmounted ones (Royal TG\ZD). Otherwise it would specify as "3+ Royal TG's\ZD's OR Ghoul King on Royal TG\ZD". I find it's best practice to keep the TG's as the battleline so they get extra healing as the ZD does not have any innate healing aside from the battalion... plus they're just better all around, from my experience.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

+++ MOD HAT +++

Just to reinforce what a few people have said about the rumoured points leak for the Generals Handbook.  It's a wishlist of point changes from somebody on Reddit - it's just hit social media with no context so people are assuming it's the leaked point changes.

Heads up on the rumored point changes

• Thanks 1