AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

I'm looking forward to seeing the contrast pain in action: seems ideal for ghoul and  FEC fast painting ! 2 or 3  first contrast colors + basing and your done for tabletop ready. Then add some gore bloody touch. Maybe some tiny details later here and there (teeth, bone spikes, skulls , highlight, ...).

I'll try this to (super) speed painting my FEC army.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aleister said:

You can't use a Summon ability of any given name more than once per turn.

The Flesh Eaters FAQ says otherwise, specifically:

Q: If I have 3 Abhorrant Ghoul Kings on the battlefield, can I spend 3 command points to use the ‘Summon Menat-arms’ command ability 3 times at the end of the same movement phase?

A: Yes.

and

Q: When I use a Muster ability for a Courtier, do I roll separately for each Courtier? And do I only roll 6 dice for each Courtier, no matter how many Courtiers are on the battlefield?

A: Yes to both questions. For example, if you had three Courtiers, you would pick one Courtier, then roll 6 dice and resolve the results for that Courtier, then move onto the next Courtier and roll 6 dice, and so on.

and

Q: Can any number of Abhorrant Archregents and Abhorrant Ghoul Kings use the Ruler of All He Surveys scenery rule for a single Charnel Throne on the same turn?

A: Yes.

Pretty clear cut there I'd say, feel free to check for yourself though.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/age_of_sigmar_flesh-eater_courts_designers_commentary_en-1.pdf

Rik

• Thanks 1

Awesome, sorry about that.  I haven't caught up on the FAQs, the wording in the codex made me think I should run different Leaders with differently-named Summon abilities so I could use them all in one turn.  The Courtiers' resurrection abllities are more clear.

Edited by Aleister
  • Like 1

Yeah, if you stand all your archregents next to a throne they can all poop out their mans turn one for no points. Not necessarily going to be the best strat every time, but it is possible. Also in a list like:

4 x Archregent
4 x Terrorgheist
1 x Throne

It takes you from fielding a 2000 pt army to a 2800 pt one in like one second flat. And supplements your monster mash with 80 chumps that you can send off in four different directions. Not sure if it's great, but it seems "good"

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, exliontamer said:

Yeah, if you stand all your archregents next to a throne they can all poop out their mans turn one for no points. Not necessarily going to be the best strat every time, but it is possible. Also in a list like:

4 x Archregent
4 x Terrorgheist
1 x Throne

It takes you from fielding a 2000 pt army to a 2800 pt one in like one second flat. And supplements your monster mash with 80 chumps that you can send off in four different directions. Not sure if it's great, but it seems "good"

I don't think this kind of list is good - only funny!

It would be much better bringing something like this:
2 x Archregent
1 x GKoTG
3 x Terrorgheist // Battalion Menagiere
1 x 30pts Endless (Like Barricade to help with board Control).
1 x Throne
1850pts // Meaning 3CP + 1 CP (Battalion) + 1CP on your HP = GKoTG Summon + 4 Double attacks with all TG turn 1

Plus you still have 560pts of summon, 2 Artefacts and less Drops!

Edited by Masake
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, exliontamer said:

4 x Archregent
4 x Terrorgheist
1 x Throne

The most difficult part : finding those 4 archregents!! (or kit bash them....)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Masake said:

I don't think this kind of list is good - only funny!

It would be much better bringing something like this:
2 x Archregent
1 x GKoTG
3 x Terrorgheist // Battalion Menagiere
1 x 30pts Endless (Like Barricade to help with board Control).
1 x Throne
1850pts // Meaning 3CP + 1 CP (Battalion) + 1CP on your HP = GKoTG Summon + 4 Double attacks with all TG turn 1

Plus you still have 560pts of summon, 2 Artefacts and less Drops!

Ha, yeah, this seems far better. I guess that was my point. Getting 800ish points of free dudes seems nice, but there are probably much better strats to take advantage of.

23 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

The most difficult part : finding those 4 archregents!! (or kit bash them....)

Yeah, once I saw the prices (and that GW hasn't released a stand-alone kit) I just decided I'd be kitbashing my archregents anyway, whether I'm using 1 or 6. ;)

I had up to 9 of them, resold FEC halves of carrion empire then seeing it was a good deal, sesold some more halves of skavens. Result: 3 arch regents, but finaly sesold one.

I think that 2 is the reasonable max in a balanced list. One is often almost autoinclude. 2, far less. We already have the opportunity to play many list with FEC.

2 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I had up to 9 of them, resold FEC halves of carrion empire then seeing it was a good deal, sesold some more halves of skavens. Result: 3 arch regents, but finaly sesold one.

I think that 2 is the reasonable max in a balanced list. One is often almost autoinclude. 2, far less. We already have the opportunity to play many list with FEC.

Yeah they currently sell for 59.99 USD...which is silly for an infantry hero. And I assume GW will eventually get around to releasing them in a clamshell...

44 minutes ago, exliontamer said:

Yeah they currently sell for 59.99 USD...which is silly for an infantry hero. And I assume GW will eventually get around to releasing them in a clamshell...

I'm not that kind of guy: I sold my halves less than 60euros and arch regents arount 15eur lol

3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm not that kind of guy: I sold my halves less than 60euros and arch regents arount 15eur lol

Well darn, wish I had seen your sales ;)

Actually the folks selling now probably bought your items cheap and relisted them. Supply and demand I guess...

1 hour ago, exliontamer said:

I got both of mine for ~$45 but.. they're really needed compared to the Bombardier that I rarely use in my Skaven lists.

They've already said they will be coming out separately but I mean.. who knows when that will be. Most people will have bought them off eBay at that point for twice the price.

22 hours ago, Sometimes said:

1. Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400 pts) 

General Command Trait: Savage Strike

Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard

Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Lore of Madness: Spectral Host Abhorrant

2. Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400 pts)

Lore of Madness: Spectral Host

3. Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Zombie Dragon (440 pts)

Lore of Madness: Spectral Host

4. Abhorrant Archregent (200 pts)

Lore of Madness: Spectral Host Units

5. 10 x Crypt Ghouls (100 pts)

6. 10 x Crypt Ghouls (100 pts)

7. 10 x Crypt Ghouls (100 pts)

8. Endless Spells Chronomantic Cogs (60)
(1800/2000 ?) <-(no idea why it isnt 2k/2k)

Hey good guys of the forum ^^ ~ Ty for quick replys and good tips !

But no one commented on the list its self ~ 

I am still wondering if this list is strong/could work and what would you change/upgrade to make really strong /top FEC list?

1 hour ago, 18121812 said:

Well, you've only spent 1800pts of your 2000pts; you probably want to get some more Ghouls or try to squeeze in a battalion. 

17 hours ago, XReN said:

The list you found is short of 200 points because FEC need Command Points really bad to be really good. It's a resource that allows us to use our core abilities, you get 1 each turn and 1 for each 50 points you have not spent on your list (also 1 per each battalion, but this is not the case with that list)

@Sometimes You asked for opinions and someone gave their opinion. You should keep in mind that a battalion (likely Ghoul Patrol in this instance) would give you another artifact and CP to start with.

Problem is that you wouldn't be able to run it without dropping something as it's 180 + 60 since you would need a Ghast Courtier. You would start with less drops, +1 CP and an extra artifact in exchange of 4 extra CP to start with. I would take Aetherquartz Brooch to potentially gain CP's back and it's a popular choice. It really doesn't take much to make a "top FeC list" as it currently stands; what you have there is a list that is going to capitalize on getting a T1 charge with help from cogs and FF'ing the hell out of everything and hoping you get a double to do it all over again.

Always be aware that seasonal FAQ's and GHB's change things. What works well now may not in a month, or be impossible with points changes.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sometimes said:

what would you change/upgrade to make really strong /top FEC list?

Still need to be able to use it correctly... best internet imba list gets wrecked if you’re not using it right or your opponent is the reincarnation of Sun-Tzu

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sometimes said:

I've been considering similar lists, but I dislike the lack of battalion, and I usually run 2 monsters because I don't have more yet, also I think you should get yourself a core of the army - 30 ghouls, King on Terrorgheist, Varghulf and some KNIGHTS, get models done, or, at least, glued and play some 1000 points games to learn how the game works before fully commiting whille we all wait for GHB 2019 to see what changes and change our lists accordingly 

FEC might not even be an army you enjoy playing in the end

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sometimes said:

Hey good guys of the forum ^^ ~ Ty for quick replys and good tips !

I am still wondering if this list is strong/could work and what would you change/upgrade to make really strong /top FEC list?

I believe it is a good thing to follow @XReN advice... assembly a few pieces and try yourself what is good to you.

With this new TOME, FEC has a lot o viable options... if your are not planning on winning a GT, there are tons of way to play it!

Well... to give you an idea you could go a few routes:
- Heavy on Big Monster: Going Gristlegore, TG as Battleline and Battalion Menagiere.
- Heavy Mobility: Going Blisterskin, Flayer as Battleline and Battalion Deadwatch.
- Heavy Board Control: Going Mourgant, lots of Ghouls and Battalion Ghoul Patrol.
- Hybrids: You can mix concepts of the lists above with court of Delusion "Feast Day". I myself play Feast Day paired with Blisterskin style of play.

Must have units (my opinion):
- 1 x Archregent: Good Spell, two sources of cast and unbind, awesome summon, nice profile and can use Throne.
- 1 x Ghoul King on Terrogheist: Killing machine, nice to be paired with some sort of defensive artefact, good spell and have summon.

Summary:
Start with those 2 units I said above... if your local club allow, proxy archregent or bash kit/convert it with something (I have 1 Arch plus another 1 converted with bits of Ghouls and the Vampire Lord that comes with the Start Collecting).
Than think about one of those 3 styles, try to use Battalion to give you one extra artefact and less drops.
If playing small points game, Battalion is not needed... same goes if playing extremely casual games.
Learn how these 4 abilities work: Feeding Frenzy (FEC Double Attack), Deathless Courtiers (Ward Save),  Muster (Returning models) and Summon. Those are the core abilities of FEC.
In the start, just pump all buffs on Ghoul King on Terrorgheist! It will be enough to carry you on casual game.

Final Thoughts:
Like all armies of Warhammer AoS, just having a "good list" is not enough... learning your army, learning your style, learning your list and learning general tactics are part of what makes a good player! So, just test it - play games, change a lot your list, build your own style! Than you will be ready to discuss what makes one list better than the other and what makes a list better for you!

Good Luck! And like always, sorry for any grammar mistakes! Sometimes I got carried on my thoughts and forgot how to write properly hahahahahaha

Edited by Masake
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Masake said:

I believe it is a good thing to follow @XReN advice... assembly a few pieces and try yourself what is good to you.

With this new TOME, FEC has a lot o viable options... if your are not planning on winning a GT, there are tons of way to play it!

Well... to give you an idea you could go a few routes:
- Heavy on Big Monster: Going Gristlegore, TG as Battleline and Battalion Menagiere.
- Heavy Mobility: Going Blisterskin, Flayer as Battleline and Battalion Deadwatch.
- Heavy Board Control: Going Mourgant, lots of Ghouls and Battalion Ghoul Patrol.
- Hybrids: You can mix concepts of the lists above with court of Delusion "Feast Day". I myself play Feast Day paired with Blisterskin style of play.

Must have units (my opinion):
- 1 x Archregent: Good Spell, two sources of cast and unbind, awesome summon, nice profile and can use Throne.
- 1 x Ghoul King on Terrogheist: Killing machine, nice to be paired with some sort of defensive artefact, good spell and have summon.

Summary:
Start with those 2 units I said above... if your local club allow, proxy archregent or bash kit/convert it with something (I have 1 Arch plus another 1 converted with bits of Ghouls and the Vampire Lord that comes with the Start Collecting).
Than think about one of those 3 styles, try to use Battalion to give you one extra artefact and less drops.
If playing small points game, Battalion is not needed... same goes if playing extremely casual games.
Learn how these 4 abilities work: Feeding Frenzy (FEC Double Attack), Deathless Courtiers (Ward Save),  Muster (Returning models) and Summon. Those are the core abilities of FEC.
In the start, just pump all buffs on Ghoul King on Terrorgheist! It will be enough to carry you on casual game.

Final Thoughts:
Like all armies of Warhammer AoS, just having a "good list" is not enough... learning your army, learning your style, learning your list and learning general tactics are part of what makes a good player! So, just test it - play games, change a lot your list, build your own style! Than you will be ready to discuss what makes one list better than the other and what makes a list better for you!

Good Luck! And like always, sorry for any grammar mistakes! Sometimes I got carried on my thoughts and forgot how to write properly hahahahahaha

Good wrap up of FEC. Will be helpfull when I start painting my army (wainting for the contrast painting)

GeneralZero's comment made me remember a little something about FEC, @Sometimes, painting big undead winged monstrosities is not an easy task, if you don't have patience or modelism experience prapare for a long paintjob and take small steps doing it. And from personal preference I can recommend painting them in sub-assembly, with forelimbs not attached to bodies. If you don't plan on any fancy base and can find a way to magnetise those or have someone to do this for you - even better, much less strugle transporting models in the future.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XReN said:

GeneralZero's comment made me remember a little something about FEC, @Sometimes, painting big undead winged monstrosities is not an easy task, if you don't have patience or modelism experience prapare for a long paintjob and take small steps doing it. And from personal preference I can recommend painting them in sub-assembly, with forelimbs not attached to bodies. If you don't plan on any fancy base and can find a way to magnetise those or have someone to do this for you - even better, much less strugle transporting models in the future.

Seconded. I just finished painting my first Crypt Flayer last night and I wish I had left the wings off, they were a little frustrating to work with. I imagine the terrorgheist is going to be a bit of a bear too, with all the exposed bones and muscles and skin sitting right next to each other. And the wings seem a bit fiddly and hard transport. I am starting to think magnetizing might be worth it.