AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

Thank you @Masake and @Honk for you feedback and advice. Judging from what you have both said I am going to have to purchase some more units.

Would buying another starter set most likely be worth it then get a Varghulf Courier also?? 

I seem to be confused on how the units set up and none of my mates group play this army so I am the first and would love to be exciting when I finally get to play my first game. (wishful thinking, but go big or go home) 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Masake said:

Than with the summon

... Nimble doesn´t have the models for that, that´s why it´s a min squat ;-D

1 hour ago, Masake said:

I'm not saying that your build is not good

How dare you ?!?!? I demand satisfaction... my lists are the greatestestesth

• Haha 3

Just now, Nimbleninja said:

Would buying another starter set most likely be worth it then get a Varghulf Courier also?? 

Yes, for sure, you´ll get 3 knights to round out your understrength units. You´ll get a second monster (gristlegore is the hotness) and a bunch of ghouls, which are always good (nerver really worked for me, but if they stand on the objectives XD

maybe look at ebay for ghoul courtiers (ghast) no need to be stuck with 9 leftover ghouls.

varghulf is just a very sweet hero for all our units, and the regeneration of the "knights" really upsets people. killed 3 and now they are all back again, punching you in the face

If you´re up to the task (I failed miserably) you can magnetize the Flayer/horror arms. I´m stuck with 9 armless failbaddon imitations.

Unit size of 6-9, for the horrors you´ll need a king within 15" and they can really pack a punch. especially against low save units.

First of all: pack your models up and go cave some skulls in, while screaming "For the Lady"...

then you´ll see what works and what is not your style

30 minutes ago, Honk said:

... Nimble doesn´t have the models for that, that´s why it´s a min squat ;-D

Man I totally misunderstood 2 Horrors being 2 UNITS not 2 MODELS. Damn! ahahahahah

32 minutes ago, Honk said:

How dare you ?!?!? I demand satisfaction... my lists are the greatestestesth

Sorry for "challenging" you ARCREGENT! I'm a merely a COURTIER! ahahahahaha

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Honk said:

ghouls nerver really worked for me, but if they stand on the objectives XD

Same here - Gristlegore (Not pure, love playing Feast Day with inspiration in Gristlegore/Elite style) is the way that worked! Ghouls as Screen and Objectives Holder are amazing! Maybe going Max Ghouls - Alpha Striking with Ghoul Patrol 1st turn + Chalice + Ghoul Courtier + Varghulf could be amazing as some sort of TARPIT - bringing CHAOS to my enemy backline 1st turn! And non stopping revival (Add extra Bloodfeast on Arcregent for more revival).

29 minutes ago, Honk said:

maybe look at ebay for ghoul courtiers (ghast) no need to be stuck with 9 leftover ghouls.

Trying to come up with some cleaver conversion - we have so many spare parts that it is a shame that we cannot make Ghast w/o losing 1 Ghoul. Maybe using something to make it look as leaving a Dark Cave - So I could just use face and arms - dunno! Still thinking about it!

31 minutes ago, Honk said:

varghulf is just a very sweet hero for all our units, and the regeneration of the "knights" really upsets people. killed 3 and now they are all back again, punching you in the face

Summon Varghulf is the best thing we could do! So much points, so much power, awesome support, kind free! That is my summon Choice! VARGHULF I CHOOSE YOU!

32 minutes ago, Honk said:

If you´re up to the task (I failed miserably) you can magnetize the Flayer/horror arms. I´m stuck with 9 armless failbaddon imitations.

I tried to, didn't fail cuz I gave up before finishing 1 model! hahahahahha
The place where I play is very friendly with "Count As" models. I might assembly everything as Flayers (Still missing some models to finish) and if  I need to ,using rubber bands to define those who are HORRORS! 

• Like 1

Apologies if this is a repeat for those on Facebook but I'm after some advice on how to build a 1600 point army to face Sylvaneth.

It will be my second game with our Grand courts (and AoS).  I have the following models at my disposal.

2 Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragons with or without GK

2 Ghoul Kings (if not mounted)

2 Archregents

1 Varghulf

1 Crypt Haunter

1 Crypt Infernal

1 Crypt Ghast

12 Flayers

12 Horrors

100 Ghouls  

As you can see I'm not limited by choices, just can't get my head round best options against the woodies. 

My initial thoughts are to go feast day delusion with  2x mounted ghoul kings (1 TG and 1 ZD), 1 archregent, 1 Crypt Ghast, 3 10x Ghouls for battleline and then perhaps cogs and the chalice spells. However I now understand that the Sylvaneth do not like MW so Flayers sound like they would be a good choice.

59 minutes ago, Metaphysicsofevil said:

I'm after some advice on how to build a 1600 point army to face Sylvaneth.

You really can't go wrong with 2 monsters, maybe both TG because toothpicks can give you negative hit modifiers pretty easy and therefore flayers with suck badly whille horrors and TG will be like "pfffft, rerolls!"
I think your list with 2 GKs on monsters is kinda the sweet spot, your units won't break legs and necks going through the woods, you can shoot at units inside those woods because flying, ect. 
If you feel knightly - better pick horrors, they will plow through everything in sylv army except mystic-shielded monsters unless you lose abhorrant's rerolls on them. 
You can also go double regent and bring in a bunch of troops and magic 

Edited by XReN
  • LOVE IT! 2

Hey, quickie without a lot of context.

Two archregents.  Dark Wizardry and Dermal robe (each +1 cast/etc.).

Better to give both to the same guy for +2 and +0, or to share them and have +1 and +1?

Leaning toward +2 and +0,  just to make sure that the +A spell goes off (and any endless I put in)..

2 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Hey, quickie without a lot of context.

Two archregents.  Dark Wizardry and Dermal robe (each +1 cast/etc.).

Better to give both to the same guy for +2 and +0, or to share them and have +1 and +1?

Leaning toward +2 and +0,  just to make sure that the +A spell goes off (and any endless I put in)..

My opinion is for stacking it on one guys! The reason is that Archregent cast twice and deny twice, so it is ok to stack bonus! If I didn't have them on my list, playing Courtier and Gks, I'd prefer give +1 for more than one.

If you could find some sweet Arcane Terrain for +1 extra - it is 3 to cast and unbind! It is amazing... I did it in a few weeks ago! Hid my Arch behind some Arcane Terrain and got to Unbind everything! ahahahahah

6 hours ago, Metaphysicsofevil said:

My initial thoughts are to go feast day delusion with  2x mounted ghoul kings

Sounds great...

thing with horrors/flayers is the 2+\rerolling1s treelord, but your gkotg should cough out enough mortal wounds for that.

5 hours ago, XReN said:

be like "pfffft, rerolls!"

Remember to first reroll then modify.

then also keep in mind the wood-teleportation thingy which can be blocked by your summoned units. Also gristlegore always strike first rule might come in handy, when durthu or the ancient tries to hit you in the head...

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, XReN said:

I think your list with 2 GKs on monsters is kinda the sweet spot, your units won't break legs and necks going through the woods, you can shoot at units inside those woods because flying, ect. 

This changes things, I thought that the woods block line of sight so anything inside is untouchable until either you go in (risking mw) or you lure them out.

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Sounds great...

thing with horrors/flayers is the 2+\rerolling1s treelord, but your gkotg should cough out enough mortal wounds for that.

Am I right in saying that I prioritise his big boys with the gkotg? Then once they’re taken care off mop up the rest. 

Thank you both for the feedback. I guess I’ll stick with my original list (2x Gkotg) and see how it goes. The summons will give me access to knights and the  archregent can summon either ghouls for area denial  or varghulf to support the knights.

6 hours ago, Metaphysicsofevil said:

Am I right in saying that I prioritise his big boys with the gkotg?

Exactly...

The gkotg with gruesome maw is made for deleting stuff, especially 2+\reroll filth. Buffed with ferocious hunger and feeding frenzy as option if you fumble...

On 4/26/2019 at 4:30 PM, Metaphysicsofevil said:

Apologies if this is a repeat for those on Facebook but I'm after some advice on how to build a 1600 point army to face Sylvaneth.

My initial thoughts are to go feast day delusion with  2x mounted ghoul kings (1 TG and 1 ZD), 1 archregent, 1 Crypt Ghast, 3 10x Ghouls for battleline and then perhaps cogs and the chalice spells. However I now understand that the Sylvaneth do not like MW so Flayers sound like they would be a good choice.

So having played around on Azyr I’ve dropped the spells in favour of Ghoul Patrol for the low drop and  extra mount trait/artefact/ cp. This will give me 2 extra CP for GK summons turn 1  and the opportunity to deploy in response with the Ghouls depending on opponents deployment/ first turn.

Would welcome any critique positive or negative.

Realm of Battle: SHYISH.
Abhorrant Archregent - General
Artefact: The Dermal Robe                      Command Trait: Dark Wizardry
Spell: Blood Feast
General Specific Trait: The Feast Day

Abhorrant Ghoul King on TG
Artefact: Ethereal Amulet                                   Spell: Miasmal Shroud                                         Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Abhorrant Ghoul King on TG
Spell: Miasmal Shroud                                         Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

Crypt Ghast Courtier

3x Crypt Ghouls
Quantity: 10

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol Role: Battalion
Total 1540pts

Hello fellow protectors of the realm.

I have now played a grand total of three games of AOS, of varying points totals, and am yet to lose a unit. I am not claiming this is because of any great skill on my part, but more that AAR giving 6 horrors or the AGKOTG +2/+3 to their attacks and then attacking twice is disgusting. I also feel like FEC probably over-perform at lower points levels as armies have fewer ways to deal with AGKOTG running at them with 4+/5+/6+ saves and also the smaller board size makes it harder to get completely shot to death. 

I think I have settled on the below for a 1200 point tournament I have coming up. I was using Grim Garland on AGKOTG, but I like the idea of the AAR sitting in the middle of the board at the throne, protected by the ghouls, firing out and denying spells. Plus my kitbashed AAR is glorious(ly atrocious). If I could be bothered to glue and paint it, I would be very tempted to replace the horrors and spells with a second AGKOTG and just summon back three of the horrors. I am not convinced it would be worth weakening my objective control to do it - any thoughts?

With regards to where I go from here with the army, I probably need to buy/make one more AAR and a few units of knights to round out a 2k list I'd be happy with. Beyond that, I am not really sure there is enough unit diversity to do much else so it will be time to try a second army. Please pray for my wallet 😛

image.png.eb5b802d3e50caa9978c224313b8bd36.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, schwabbele said:

Painting an fully assembled terrorgheist is the worst experience I ever had in painting minis 🤮. The only good thing about it, I have a big model now to test stuff out and learn. The other ones will be definetely be sub assemblies.

As somebody very new to trying to paint somewhat well (and to be clear, I am not succeeding), I agree with that completely. I started out trying to do it well and in the end got annoyed and just half-arsed it. I also have a second one I hope to take more time over. Fingers crossed!

22 hours ago, schwabbele said:

Painting an fully assembled terrorgheist is the worst experience I ever had in painting minis 🤮. The only good thing about it, I have a big model now to test stuff out and learn. The other ones will be definetely be sub assemblies.

Lordy - I got one second hand, and repainted to match my existing army.  What a pain in the backside.  Luckily the area up in the guts that you can't get at no-how was a reasonable enough approximation of my own that I didn't have to get all the way up in there.

When I got my terrorgheist second-hand I just forcefully removed the wings, magnetised and sprayed him over with caliban green (base color for my FEC), he still was a pain to paint and his ribs are a mess, but it was way easier to paint and now to transport

Edited by XReN

Alright, I have a tough (and nasty) cookie to crack, a polished (lol) and optimised Nurgle list, looking for any advice, maybe you can point something that I'm missing

So we have a guy who is a great nurgle player, I faced his same list 3 times now and lost all 3 games (well, in the last game he swapped the artefact, so, not quite the same list)

His list is: Glottkin, HoD general with Witherstaff, LoB and doc Festus, 3x5 blightkings, 40 marauders and blightcyst
His plan is - give marauders a second wound (spell), attack (aura) and Blades of Putrification (spell) (1 MW for each 6+ to hit) from Glotts, -2 to hit from shooting and -1 in melee (CA) from LoB, 5++ (CA) and witherstaff (artefact) (enemy units within 12" reroll hit rolls of 6) from Harbringer. 

With all that nasty buffs marouders are unkillable blenders of DOOM for my poor gristlegore fatties. I admit that I've been making pretty bad mistakes with positioning in our games, but still I'd like to hear your opinions on how to counter this list efficiently 

Should I try and bruteforce it? Should I leave some monsters at home, throw debuffs and outgrind him?

Both our current lists are 4 drops, so it's basicly 50/50 for who decides who goes first

I'm entering a 600 points doubles tournament in a month. We only need to have 1 hero and 1 battleline. This will be my first FEC experience so would like to ask you guys some advice on my current list. I'm playing together with nighthaunt wich will focus on chainrasp hordes. 

The idea is to have the archregent and ghoul king to summon an extra unit of 20 and 10 ghouls on turn 1, using the throne. Then they will both cast their generic spells on the unit of 20 each turn. The Morgaunt grand court already makes sure that my ghouls get 1 extra attack when they number 10+ models. So I can potentially get 5-7 attacks per ghoul in that unit. Using the Feeding Frenzy, that would be 10-14 attacks per ghoul. So the unit could be putting in 202-282 attacks in a single combat phase with reroll hit rolls of 1 due to an abhorrant within 18". That be instant killing any unit I might face on a 600 point tourney. 

It all depends on the magic though. So my alternative list idea was to put a single haunter courtier together with 9 horrors in a Hollowmourne grand court for a total of 600 points aswell. Seems to me that that list has more chance of staying on the table, but will have a darn hard time playing objectives. We mostly only get like 3 turns before time runs out and we count victory points.

So what do you guys think about it?

1.png.53497fca2f4f72ce76751c791ae6060b.png

Edited by Someone2

21 minutes ago, XReN said:

Should I try and bruteforce it? Should I leave some monsters at home, throw debuffs and outgrind him?

Both our current lists are 4 drops, so it's basicly 50/50 for who decides who goes first

Maybe take a GKoZD and take the Mount Trait where you can choice not to deploy the ZD and bring it in in the movement phase. drop him on the opposite edge, right behind your opponent and try to kill the HoD. No reroll of 6's. No Feel no Pain on 6's for the Marauders, 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Someone2 said:

I'm entering a 600 points doubles tournament in a month. We only need to have 1 hero and 1 battleline. This will be my first FEC experience so would like to ask you guys some advice on my current list. I'm playing together with nighthaunt wich will focus on chainrasp hordes. 

The idea is to have the archregent and ghoul king to summon an extra unit of 20 and 10 ghouls on turn 1, using the throne. Then they will both cast their generic spells on the unit of 20 each turn. The Morgaunt grand court already makes sure that my ghouls get 1 extra attack when they number 10+ models. So I can potentially get 5-7 attacks per ghoul in that unit. Using the Feeding Frenzy, that would be 10-14 attacks per ghoul. So the unit could be putting in 202-282 attacks in a single combat phase with reroll hit rolls of 1 due to an abhorrant within 18". That be instant killing any unit I might face on a 600 point tourney. 

It all depends on the magic though. So my alternative list idea was to put a single haunter courtier together with 9 horrors in a Hollowmourne grand court for a total of 600 points aswell. Seems to me that that list has more chance of staying on the table, but will have a darn hard time playing objectives. We mostly only get like 3 turns before time runs out and we count victory points.

So what do you guys think about it?

Welcome to our bountiful realm!

I will recomend going full ham on those ghouls with this list:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy 
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 600 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 8
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 47

Thanks to Feast Day you will never fight just once if you manage to keep you regent alive and will always have CPs to autopass battleshock, summon courtier (preferably varghulf because with regent's buff and Frenzy he will kick any ass you'd like being kicked), cast chalice, spam Blood Feast at enemy and watch your ghouls never break +1 attack treshold. It also makes you only a 2 drop army so if your nighthaunt squire keeps his army around 2-3 drops I think you can control the first turn most of the time.

Oh, and you will give your opponents a hell of a challenge to cast their spells with 2 +2 unbinds a turn

On 4/27/2019 at 7:52 AM, Honk said:

https://aosshorts.com/nicolab-sequencing-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

never again stand at the table without legal advice/support... GDubs I love your ruling and will revert into Munchkin-Mode 😂👍

The authors supposition that the start and end of the combat phase aren't part of the combat phase seems a little off to me! 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 18121812 said:

The authors supposition that the start and end of the combat phase aren't part of the combat phase seems a little off to me! 😃

Well, like he wrote, first there was a strikt distinction between the phases and a very strikt ruling on the start/during/end of phase abilities.

Then everything went crazy f.e. with Savage Strike and Feeding Frenzy...