Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuneBrush

AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

Recommended Posts

Well theres only so much you can do when making a chair out of bones! You put the skull there, and the femur there...☠️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have checked the errata and design commentary but, unless I missed something, did not see a clarification on how Fanged Maw interacts with Savage Beyond Reason? I am trying to do the math pertaining to whether or not I want to take SBR or Bringer of Death. I vaguely recall reading/hearing that it had been clarified how SBR works in this regard but I can't find it. Many thanks in advance. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

I have checked the errata and design commentary but, unless I missed something, did not see a clarification on how Fanged Maw interacts with Savage Beyond Reason? I am trying to do the math pertaining to whether or not I want to take SBR or Bringer of Death. I vaguely recall reading/hearing that it had been clarified how SBR works in this regard but I can't find it. Many thanks in advance. 

 

Well first - it doesn't affect mounts)
Second we look at gristlegore ability that does affect mounts - you do 6 MWs and 1 wound roll.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on 1000-1500 points lists not involving GkoTG? I'm teaching my friend how to play (he plays skaven) so I don't want to obliterate him. Also, yesterday I had 2 close games against him with this list:
Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardy 
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)
Corpsemare Stampede (60)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 61


For the second game I changed Chalice (which I haven't cast at all in first game) for Barricade and just spammed recasting it to mess up his wholle flank (his poor HPA got into combat only on turn 5) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, XReN said:

Well first - it doesn't affect mounts)
Second we look at gristlegore ability that does affect mounts - you do 6 MWs and 1 wound roll.

I see, thanks. So both would only impact the Gory Talons and Fangs? That is much less impactful. Might make AAR the general and give him Dark Wizardry then as you have above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ByronicHero said:

I see, thanks. So both would only impact the Gory Talons and Fangs? That is much less impactful. Might make AAR the general and give him Dark Wizardry then as you have above. 

Not quite, gristlegore's ability works for all attacks, Savage Beyond Reason doesn't because it's a command trait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XReN said:

Not quite, gristlegore's ability works for all attacks, Savage Beyond Reason doesn't because it's a command trait

The lapse in clarity was mine; the 'both' in my last post referred to SBR and Bringer of Death, as referenced in my initial post.  I now understand though, thanks. I think setting up AAR to spam out successful spells and unbinds seems stronger. I shall wrap him in ghouls. 

In reference to your list above: I really like the idea of the Stampede, but is it not too double-edged when you run ghouls? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ByronicHero said:

In reference to your list above: I really like the idea of the Stampede, but is it not too double-edged when you run ghouls? 

So, those 2 games that I mentioned were also my only games with stampede
1st game I summoned it, dealt some MWs, got hit back by it, not too hard and also it hit my opponent as well, than I dispelled it and failed to cast again
2nd game was funny, I cast it turn one and managed to snipe a warpfire thrower sitting behind clanrats, that was the goal because this guy would really ruin my plan to summon 20 ghouls into opponent's deployment zone without any support to speak of. After that my opponent have been slamming my ghast courtier (only managed 3 wounds after hitting him 3 times) and unit of 10 ghouls for 3 turns and I mustered losses back every time with courtier. Since it happened with units not involved in any fighting or contesting objectives - nothing detrimental, but it might be so if you get stampeded in the midst of battle, I think

Edited by XReN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XReN said:

So, those 2 games that I mentioned were also my only games with stampede
1st game I summoned it, dealt some MWs, got hit back by it, not too hard and also it hit my opponent as well, than I dispelled it and failed to cast again
2nd game was funny, I cast it turn one and managed to snipe a warpfire thrower sitting behind clanrats, that was the goal because this guy would really ruin my plan to summon 20 ghouls into opponent's deployment zone without any support to speak of. After that my opponent have been slamming my ghast courtier (only managed 3 wounds after hitting him 3 times) and unit of 10 ghouls for 3 turns and I mustered losses back every time with courtier. Since it happened with units not involved in any fighting or contesting objectives - nothing detrimental, but it might be so if you get stampeded in the midst of battle, I think

Makes sense. I think I would like to give it a try in an elite list where the stats are heavily in my favour. I actually really quite like the model so hope to get some use out of it anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I correct to hate myself for having used black primer although I need to mostly base zandri dust / caliban green 🤮

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

Am I correct to hate myself for having used black primer although I need to mostly base zandri dust / caliban green 🤮

Maybe)
I simply bought Caliban Green spray can for my FEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to make morgaunt work. 
Can someone who has used it give me his feedback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

I am trying to make morgaunt work. 
Can someone who has used it give me his feedback?

How was it? Please, share some of your experience with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not used it yet really. I found it hard to find a game this month, but this should change from next one.
I was thing of 2 big ghouls  blocks with the artefact and the king's ghouls batallion and chalice, so that they are immune to morale and heal.
I don't know who should be the leader, maybe the AGHoTG, but his mount does not benefit from the reroll 1s to hit.
Then it's difficult to have everything I want in the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

I have not used it yet really. I found it hard to find a game this month, but this should change from next one.
I was thing of 2 big ghouls  blocks with the artefact and the king's ghouls batallion and chalice, so that they are immune to morale and heal.
I don't know who should be the leader, maybe the AGHoTG, but his mount does not benefit from the reroll 1s to hit.
Then it's difficult to have everything I want in the list.

I've been thinking same thoughts when I saw it, double unbreakable ghouls - sign me up!And if I were to go this rout I'll bring something like this: 

 

Spoiler

 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Morgaunt
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Savage Chivalry 
- Artefact: Decrepit Coronet 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
- Allies
King's Ghouls (120)
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 80 / 400
Wounds: 129

 

 

Here is enough CPs to summon KNIGHTS from TG and to re-summon ghouls, at least to try ones I guess, decent magic, with corpse cart we can hope to pull of our spells...

2nd list I'd suggest (and I like it much more) will be spammy type:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Morgaunt

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General
- Trait: Savage Chivalry 
- Artefact: Decrepit Coronet 
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)

Battleline
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)

Battalions
Ghoul Patrol (180)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116

Still struggling with spell choice, but the concept is:
We make use of courtier-serf combo with small units hoping that they will stay effective long enough, I mean, even if they are down to 5 models and it's your turn you can wind them up to 10 and slam opponent with 30 attacks into face before going down in blaze of glory just to be (hopefully) summoned back
The Coronet will mainly support 40 man (ghoul?) unit so they will be hanging around for a long time
For summoning a Varghulf and 2x3 KNIGHTS sounds good to me, with deranged transformation you can summon them safely in your backline and them fling them into battle real fast.

 

Also, I played sort of mustering spam + ghoul spam in old tome and it was decent, though Patrol's summoning was a big part of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, new player here. 

I got FEC half of the Carrion Empire and Start Collecting -box and I'm wondering how I should build these horrors/flayers I got. In total I have 9 dudes. Apparently you can build some commander units from these kits (courtiers?). My aim is to have 1000 points list soon to start learning. I'm coming from 40k so shouldn't be a huge leap. Thanks for any replies.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kruso said:

Hi guys, new player here. 

I got FEC half of the Carrion Empire and Start Collecting -box and I'm wondering how I should build these horrors/flayers I got. In total I have 9 dudes. Apparently you can build some commander units from these kits (courtiers?). My aim is to have 1000 points list soon to start learning. I'm coming from 40k so shouldn't be a huge leap. Thanks for any replies.

It kind of a though question due to the fact that all units work for some kind of list and structure!

Horros and Flayers are a constant question for any FEC player. I did some tests while ago and, easy answer, Flayer tend to work better on most of situations! It is hard to magnetize them, but possible if wanted.

If playing Abhorrant Arcregent and Ghoul King on Terrorgheist/Zombi Dragon on your list (And I'd go for it with 1K) - will you have two summons! The Ghoul King can only summon 3 Knights so, 3 Flayers (or Horros).

Than, you have the Arcregent, he can summon 20 Ghouls or 3 Flayers or 1 Flayer (Horror / Ghoul) Courtier (or Varghulf - the best option but you don't have).

Than you need 2 Battleline for playing 1000pts. We have other options, but you could start with Ghouls - it is easier.

So, summarizing everything:

Try to assemble those 30 Ghouls (20 Carrion + 10 SC), Arcregent and the Ghoul King on Terrogheist (Could magnetize it to become Zombie Dragon if need / But if gluing, Terror > Zombie Dragon).

So, in points, we have 900 already (3 x 10 ghouls + Arcregent + GKoTG). Than, you could assembly those 6 Flayer to bring it as summon (2 x 3 Flayers) - save those last 3 sprues for when you already know a lot of FEC concepts so you could choose better what you want.

The last 100pts you could just save in turn it in 2 CP - FEC is an amazing army to have bunch of extra CP.

I hope that I could help at least a little bit!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Masake said:

...
I hope that I could help at least a little bit!

Thank you Masake! That is a really good answer and just what I was looking for. I already built Ghoul King on Terrorgheist and 10 Ghouls. I'll build the rest as you said and try out the list you posted too. Thanks a ton!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kruso said:

Thank you Masake! That is a really good answer and just what I was looking for. I already built Ghoul King on Terrorgheist and 10 Ghouls. I'll build the rest as you said and try out the list you posted too. Thanks a ton!

Try to start it simpler! Go for COURT of DELUSION as Battle Trait(Crusading Army of Feast Day - I love Feast Day)!

Go Shysh Realm of Origin and give it Ethereal Amulet for the Terrogheist (So it will not suffer rend, SAVE4+ evar) plus Grusome Bite mount Trait (Best and easy option to handle).

For Command Trait you could go for a more Spell approach, giving Arcregent Dark Wizardry for +1 Cast and Unbind or Savege Strike on the Terroegheist to make it even more strong!

DO NOT FORGET TO USE Feeding Frenzy with GKoTG (Ghoul King on Terrorghesti) every turn! He is a power machine attacking twice per turn.

That is all... and do not forget that it is an OBJECTIVE game! Don't use Ghouls for killing in this list. Try to use them to block enemies path, control objectives, etc!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen to @Masake, he knows stuff...

GkoTg is the hottest s*** on the list, Archregent is a Swiss pocket knife almost for free and the horror/flayer discussion is pretty old. Horrors CAN dish out like crazy, while flayers are superfast and throw mortal wounds around.

All depends on your style and preferences...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello fellow gamers, 

I have finally got myself 2 box sets to play this amazing game. I have spent years looking at this but never got involved and met a guy at my new job who has been playing for years and so I jumped in immediately.

Now after looking at some of the sets i decided on playing the Flesh Eater Courts and brought the following 2 sets:

  • Start Collecting Flesh-Eater Courts (14 units)
  • Flesh-Eater Courts Nightfeast Hunters (23 Units)

From the 2 sets i have built the following units:

  • 1 Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist
  • 1 Vargoyle
  • 2 Vargheist
  • 30 Crypt Ghouls
  • 1 Crypt Haunter
  • 2 Crypt Horror

However now that i am looking at lists and the AOS App, i cannot seem to add my Varghests or Vargoyle to any list, is there something i am missing?
What are some suggestions to make more units to add to this deck, i am happy to start out with the 1000 point for now.

My style of game is to try and flank as much as possible while holding position with my Ghouls.

Any tips and suggestions are really helpful, i've read so much however i feel like i haven't scrapped the bottom yet.

 

Regards

Nimble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just starting up FEC, and I like the look of the Abattoir battalion. Has anyone here used it much? What're your thoughts on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nimbleninja said:

i cannot seem to add my Varghests or Vargoyle to any list, is there something i am missing?

Welcome to the madness 🥳

yes, "wrong“ head but you might just want to call them Crypt Flayers... built mine as vargheist too, since I like the pointy ear look better.

the sad thing with your elite units is, that they are lacking one model (since you built the courtier variant) easiest remedy is getting a varghulf courtier and using the heroes as unit champions.

I would recommend to proxy a lot in the early stages, to get a feel for your army, before buying&building the models and not liking it (varghulf and starter boxes are never wrong)

then for the lists...

GkoTg (400)

10/20 Ghouls (300, 2battleline)

3 Horrors (160) 

Crypt Haunter (120, looks like a vargoyle 😅)

that‘s 980 points to start with...

play it, loose with it, see what happens... play with a flayer list, buy a new starter box to fill up your knights and a second monster (terrorgheist is stronger imo, but zombiedragon has its uses) also the archregent is a very nice thing (good caster and almost summons his point costs)

the book has many options at 1k right now, all the 4 grand courts can be played in a normal environment and also the feast day is powerful. So just play around with your models mix and proxy your knights...

good luck have fun

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Honk said:

Welcome to the madness 🥳

yes, "wrong“ head but you might just want to call them Crypt Flayers... built mine as vargheist too, since I like the pointy ear look better.

the sad thing with your elite units is, that they are lacking one model (since you built the courtier variant) easiest remedy is getting a varghulf courtier and using the heroes as unit champions.

I would recommend to proxy a lot in the early stages, to get a feel for your army, before buying&building the models and not liking it (varghulf and starter boxes are never wrong)

then for the lists...

GkoTg (400)

10/20 Ghouls (300, 2battleline)

3 Horrors (160) 

Crypt Haunter (120, looks like a vargoyle 😅)

that‘s 980 points to start with...

play it, loose with it, see what happens... play with a flayer list, buy a new starter box to fill up your knights and a second monster (terrorgheist is stronger imo, but zombiedragon has its uses) also the archregent is a very nice thing (good caster and almost summons his point costs)

the book has many options at 1k right now, all the 4 grand courts can be played in a normal environment and also the feast day is powerful. So just play around with your models mix and proxy your knights...

good luck have fun

Pointy Ear all day!!!! My Flayers are built as Varghesti too! hahahahahaha

Besides being cool - give us more look variety! Flayers are so damn close to Horrors, is nice to at least one thing a bit different!

One thing that I love about FEC is that, even thou we have small models count, they are all great and can be used effective in any scenario (Ofc we could discuss min and max of things, but for the overall local games everything work).

Other option @Nimbleninja have is to go for:
GKoTG
Crypt Haunter (General - Cruel Taskmaster for more Mustering)
Battleline 1 - 10xGhouls
Batteline 2 - 06xHorrors
940pts so 1 extra CP
Than with the summon bring the 3 Flayers (Make the Vargolye the leader of this unit).

Ghouls could be used as Screen for the GKoTG or for backline objective Holder! Flayers as some kind of shock troops - summoned far away in the enemy backlines and Horros going to fight for objectives (Work great against units that usually hold objectives - hordes).

BTW, I'm not saying that your build is not good @Honk - just showing for newcomer that FEC allow us to think in different ways and with good outcome in all options!

 

Edited by Masake
  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...