AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

5 minutes ago, Honk said:

There are some serious synergies with ferocious hunger, gruesome maw, savage strike and feeding frenzy, unfun synergies. Sometimes wonder who designs those rules, because there seems to be something broken in every book.

Well, there is only a handfull of options to counter Savage Strike, whille normal king you only need to charge with something killy. Also pretty much any top tier army have comparable damage dealers. And I don't see how 740 points 2 spells to cast combo killing entire units in one phase is a problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My FLGS is doing an escalation league soon, with the following restrictions:

Week 1 (750): 0-1 Leaders, 1+ Battleline, 0-1 Artillery, 0-1 Behemoth
Week 2 (750): 0-2 Leaders, 2+ Battleline, 0-1 Artillery, 0-2 Behemoth
Week 3 (1250): 0-3 Leaders, 2+ Battleline, 0-2 Artillery, 0-3 Behemoth
Week 4 (1250): 0-4 Leaders, 3+ Battleline, 0-2 Artillery, 0-3 Behemoth
Week 5 (1750): 0-5 Leaders, 3+ Battleline, 0-3 Artillery, 0-3 Behemoth
Week 6 (2000): 0-6 Leaders, 3+ Battleline, 0-4 Artillery, 0-4 Behemoth

I want to play my FEC but the first two weeks are really hard for me to figure out what to bring since the mounted king is so expensive, but I'm sure at least one person is going to bring monsters so just taking ghouls is going to do nothing.  Also, the fact that week 2 is the same but you need a second Battleline choice so I'm trying to come up with something that can last for both weeks.

Any tips or suggestions?  It's a newbie-friendly escalation league but the people who are playing seem to be of the more competitive mindset so I'm expecting a few really nasty lists the first couple of weeks.

36 minutes ago, wayniac said:

My FLGS is doing an escalation league soon, with the following restrictions:

Week 1 (750): 0-1 Leaders, 1+ Battleline, 0-1 Artillery, 0-1 Behemoth
Week 2 (750): 0-2 Leaders, 2+ Battleline, 0-1 Artillery, 0-2 Behemoth
Week 3 (1250): 0-3 Leaders, 2+ Battleline, 0-2 Artillery, 0-3 Behemoth
Week 4 (1250): 0-4 Leaders, 3+ Battleline, 0-2 Artillery, 0-3 Behemoth
Week 5 (1750): 0-5 Leaders, 3+ Battleline, 0-3 Artillery, 0-3 Behemoth
Week 6 (2000): 0-6 Leaders, 3+ Battleline, 0-4 Artillery, 0-4 Behemoth

I want to play my FEC but the first two weeks are really hard for me to figure out what to bring since the mounted king is so expensive, but I'm sure at least one person is going to bring monsters so just taking ghouls is going to do nothing.  Also, the fact that week 2 is the same but you need a second Battleline choice so I'm trying to come up with something that can last for both weeks.

Any tips or suggestions?  It's a newbie-friendly escalation league but the people who are playing seem to be of the more competitive mindset so I'm expecting a few really nasty lists the first couple of weeks.

Something pretty easy and covers you for the first two weeks. Means you can summon more Knights or 20 Ghouls turn one.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Blisterskin

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General

Battleline
6 x Crypt Flayers (340)
3 x Crypt Flayers (170)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 750 / 750
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 43

• LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, XReN said:

@wayniac Are there ANY other restrictions? Or you can go whatever allegiance abilities, courts, completely change your list between weeks?
If so, go blisterskin with Flayers and SHRED everything at early stages, you'll be able to outmanuever anything with them

As far as I know yes that's the only restrictions.  There will be "achievements" for doing things but we don't know what those are.

2 hours ago, wayniac said:

but the first two weeks are really hard for me to figure out what to bring since the mounted king is so expensive,

Unmount him 😈

Gk + Tg + Tg in a nice gristlegore package, but you save 40 points for an extra CP or the chalice if he rides into battle

the other options are more fun, horror feast day or flayer drop

• Like 1

Am I right in my understanding that the AGK and AAR summoning command abilities can be used as many times as command points allow?

I am considering juggling my list a little to fit in a TG or RZD instead of my block of 6 horrors, which would also allow me to start with an extra command point with which to summon 3 of them anyway alongside the free throne summon and AGKOTG summon I was already going to do.

Am I missing anything that precludes this or makes it stupid? (I like the dragons). 

43 minutes ago, ByronicHero said:

Am I right in my understanding that the AGK and AAR summoning command abilities can be used as many times as command points allow?

I am considering juggling my list a little to fit in a TG or RZD instead of my block of 6 horrors, which would also allow me to start with an extra command point with which to summon 3 of them anyway alongside the free throne summon and AGKOTG summon I was already going to do.

Am I missing anything that precludes this or makes it stupid? (I like the dragons). 

The wording allows you to use each one a single time per battle. "Pick a friendly unit that has command this ability that has not used it before this battle". So you can use AAR's Summon Imperial Guard once, AAGK's Summon Men-at-arms once, AGKoZD's Summon Courtier once, and AGKoTG's Summon Royal Guard once. Since they all have seperate names.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

The wording allows you to use each one a single time per battle. "Pick a friendly unit that has command this ability that has not used it before this battle". So you can use AAR's Summon Imperial Guard once, AAGK's Summon Men-at-arms once, AGKoZD's Summon Courtier once, and AGKoTG's Summon Royal Guard once. Since they all have seperate names.

I see, so the unit I choose to summon doesn't matter - just the name of the ability. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Hey guys, what do i need for a nice and competitive 1000 points army? 

Two kings on terrorgheists and 2x10 ghouls, going on a feast day...

An Archregent, with Infernal and 2x6 flayers flying as blisterskin or feast day

same could work for an haunter with horrors and the chalice

or gristlegore a king on gheist with two beauties rampaging 

Imo too much depends on scenario and opponent at 1k

39 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

2 kings on terrorgheist with gouls sounds good to me. What do i need else? Which battletome? Any units that i can summon?(crypt flayers?)

You buy two FEC start collectings, it will give you the list AND 2 units of KNIGHTS to summon that you can build however you like or magnetise to have both variants, battletome is quite obviously for Flesh-Eater Courts, then Abhorrant Archregent (even better if wholle FEC part of Carrion Empire, Charnel Throne and FEC Endless Spells to have all essentials to build a list for bigger games

• Like 1

Finally glued the rest of the army. I also kitbashed an AAR out of spare parts. Aside from a few bits needing some green stuff I am pretty happy with it for my first ever attempt. It obviously isn't a ghoul king or vamp lord so isn't a proxy,  but whether or not my local GW will accept it as 'counts as' or whatever is another question, haha. I know the model is going to be released as part of the main line at some point, but until then I'd enjoy not having to ebay it. 

• Like 1

So I'm new to age of sigmar and starting a FEC army. I got a few of the start collecting boxes but I'm wondering whether I should make crypt horrors or flayers? I'm looking to make the most competitive list possible so I'm looking for help in deciding which one to summon with the ghoul king on the terrorgheist. 

58 minutes ago, ByronicHero said:

Finally glued the rest of the army. I also kitbashed an AAR out of spare parts. Aside from a few bits needing some green stuff I am pretty happy with it for my first ever attempt. It obviously isn't a ghoul king or vamp lord so isn't a proxy,  but whether or not my local GW will accept it as 'counts as' or whatever is another question, haha. I know the model is going to be released as part of the main line at some point, but until then I'd enjoy not having to ebay it. 

This is how it should be done.    No need to worry.  Most tournaments/leagues I’ve read about have very reasonable rules on proxies.  Using GW bitz and green stuff is a very safe bet.

Old metal GW vampire models are perfect for Archregent conversions.  After all Abhorrants are derived from one of Nagash’s most power vampires.  Ghoul up the face (or replace it).  Some of the Nectarchs are ripe for Dermal Robe green stuff conversions.

54 minutes ago, Kolth said:

So I'm new to age of sigmar and starting a FEC army. I got a few of the start collecting boxes but I'm wondering whether I should make crypt horrors or flayers? I'm looking to make the most competitive list possible so I'm looking for help in deciding which one to summon with the ghoul king on the terrorgheist. 

You should look into magnetizing your Horrors/Flayers so you can do either.  Glue the chest and the legs together in one part, and the back and arms/wings together in another part, with a magnet in the abdomen.  It's a little tricky, but works great when you get it worked out.  With a little sawing and drilling, you can also make the head on your Terrorgheists magnetized so you can switch between it and Zombie Dragon.  Vids on Youtube...

Edited by Aleister

42 minutes ago, Kolth said:

I started a few weeks ago by buying 2 x SC boxes and have played the grand total of two games so far so pinch of salt and all that. I'm yet to use flayers, but horrors re-rolling hits and attacking twice with Feeding Frenzy feels sweet, and I would imagine even sweeter with the AAR giving them extra attacks. Think of the sixes. I think the first thing you should do is read the grand courts and see if any of them are how you want to play. I have seen lots of people liking Blisterskin which is a lot of flayers and a lot of mobility which is probably the better choice on full-sized boards. I play on 4 x 4 so am pretty content with the horrors in general. I do now have a unit of 3 flayers to summon in though.

5 minutes ago, Evil Bob said:

This is how it should be done.    No need to worry.  Most tournaments/leagues I’ve read about have very reasonable rules on proxies.  Using GW bitz and green stuff is a very safe bet.

Old metal GW vampire models are perfect for Archregent conversions.  After all Abhorrants are derived from one of Nagash’s most power vampires.  Ghoul up the face (or replace it).  Some of the Nectarchs are ripe for Dermal Robe green stuff conversions.

I used the vamp lord's body and seated legs from the SC sprue with a spare flayer head (big ears - looked the best). Then I clipped down two flayer wings so that they resemble the AAR arms (though his arms are therefore somewhat comically large). Next I attached the throne chair for the ZD to the GK rock and added some detail so it appears to have been attached . Lastly a nice ring of skulls and heads around the base of the weird rock throne. It certainly lacks any finesse, but it amuses me and thus even if they don't allow it for some reason I will use it in casual games. When I asked about conversions they said as long as some effort had gone into it so it isn't just a proxy that's okay so this should hopefully count. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, XReN said:

You buy two FEC start collectings, it will give you the list AND 2 units of KNIGHTS to summon that you can build however you like or magnetise to have both variants, battletome is quite obviously for Flesh-Eater Courts, then Abhorrant Archregent (even better if wholle FEC part of Carrion Empire, Charnel Throne and FEC Endless Spells to have all essentials to build a list for bigger games

Ok thank you. One more question. 

The charnel throne, how dio i set him up? Do it costs points?

Edited by Erdemo86