AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

4 hours ago, Aleister said:

Regarding Zombie Dragons over Terrorgheists, 

Very tough question with no definite answer.

The GkoTg has a nice spell, calls some outflanking knights and got a pretty high damage buff in the new book and with feeding frenzy that thing is crazy...

but the gkozd has a very nice buff spell, the dragon can rough up some fools and call in a varghulf...

Great match on Warhammer TV today from AdeptiCon. The Arch Ghoul King himself Bill Sousa with FEC verses Tom Lyons from Warhammer Weekly with Daughters Of Khaine. 

DoK took a minor victory in Knife To The Heart. DoK pushed us around a little bit.  I think this game shows that Morathi when play well is a big foil to FEC. The only can take 3 wounds a turn thing really neutralizes out big baddies.  Overall great game from both players though, definitely worth checking it out. 

Edited by TheWilddog
  • Like 1

Do you know by chance any good tutorial which would explain how to layer the skin of horros/flayers or big naked bodies in general. I tried it but had to switch to full basecolor/ shade 😬 because it looked really awful even from like 1m 😆

Edited by schwabbele
typo

1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

how layer the skin of horros/flayers or big naked bodies in general

Luckily I got myself an airbrush for my FEC Army...

what helped me with „skin“

3758F979-5B01-41DB-B8AF-88C60C29B42C.jpeg

Always thin your colors ;-D

Basecoating (reikland flesh iirc)

Shade wash flesh shade

reestablish basecoat...rewash...reestablishlike three times,

then finally going a step brighter (flayed one flesh?!) nicely thinned and mixed 1:1 with base color, wash with thinned 1:1 wash, then to final highlight (flayed one flesh)...

Donesos... if you have your color on a palette, you can quickfix your overpaintings quite easily on the fly, diluting with Vallejo flow improver by the way and other base colors are also possible like blueish going to pallid witch flesh or like that

CAE9F9B5-9522-4C5A-8A1A-A31976954576.jpeg

Edited by Honk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, schwabbele said:

Do you know by chance any good tutorial which would explain how layer the skin of horros/flayers or big naked bodies in general. I tried it but had to switch to full basecolor/ shade 😬 because it looked really awful even from like 1m 😆

As someone who sucks at layering I would recommend airbrush

Edited by XReN
  • Haha 1

Greetings fellow Kings and Queens (And Archregents!), is it true that one of the symbols for the Warcry non-Chaos factions is Flesh eater Courts? Someone over at Rumor Thread said that the bat winged skull was the symbol for flesh Eaters in Firestorm? If so, i’d Go INSANE for that release (I mean we already are), especially considering the amazing quality of the Iron golem sculpts!!! 

@Honkalso great paint job u have there!!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Greetings fellow Kings and Queens (And Archregents!), is it true that one of the symbols for the Warcry non-Chaos factions is Flesh eater Courts? Someone over at Rumor Thread said that the bat winged skull was the symbol for flesh Eaters in Firestorm? If so, i’d Go INSANE for that release (I mean we already are), especially considering the amazing quality of the Iron golem sculpts!!! 

@Honkalso great paint job u have there!!

Those may be FEC and it doesn't essentially mean new models, so I wouldn't hop on a hype train just yet.

Hello.

First time poster.

I just picked up my first AOS models: 2 x start collecting box and a Charnel Throne. I intend to purchase the Bretonian units that the Throne allows (presumably through eBay?) and a Vargulf Courtier. I believe I can build my two big units in some different ways which is cool, but how do I go about representing an Abhorrent Archregent on the field?

Also, if anyone has any tips for how best to configure these models and such that would be grand. I think most battles I play will be 1000/1200 points initially but eventually I would like to round out to 2000 points.

I'm certain these noob questions have been answered many times, so apologies. 

Hello my fellow FEC friends!

I've played a few games, to get used to play FEC (It's my first real AOS army). My local group usually play 1250pts, so I'm trying to find a perfect combination for this type of game.

Made 3 lists, played 1-2 games with them and still cannot decide which one is best - if possible - I'd like to hear your opinions:

These things I kept the same for all three - so it is my core:
Court of Delusion - Feast Day (Loved this Court for low CP / Small points games)
Battleline - 2 x 10 Ghouls 
Hero 01 - Arcregent / Dark Wizardry / Spell Blood Feast
Hero 02 - GKoTG / Gruesome Bite / Spell Spectra Host
Terrain - Charnel Throne

Doubts about this core:
1 - What is the best artefact to use on GKoTG? (Tried Gryph-feather Charm and Ethereal Amulet)
2 - Is there a better option for Spell lore?

Doubts about the remains list options I could go:
A - GKoZD with 0 extra CP
B - GKoTG with 1 extra CP
C - TG + CoGs Endless + Chalice Endless with 1 extra CP

Doubts about summons:
3 Summons - Better 3 Knights or 2 Knights and 1 Varghulf?
2 Summons - Better 2 Knights or 1 Knight and 1 Varghulf?
Horrors if next to an Abhorrant? (Mathammer wise Horrors tend to dish a lot more damage than Flayers)
Flayer if mobility is needed? (Have more mobility and an unreliable Missile Weapon when it is not on closed combat)

Thank you in advance for any help and tips you guys can give me! 

26 minutes ago, ByronicHero said:

Regarding my post above: having now read the battletome a little more it occurs to me I might have misunderstood the use of serf and knight. Ha. 

Serf and Knight are keywords related to Crypt Ghouls and Courtiers respectively! Crypt Ghouls are the only Serf units and all Courtier units have the Knight keyword. It's a little confusing- think of it as the name of the unit is was non-flesh eater courts people call them and the keywords is what flesh eater courts believe themselves to be!

1 minute ago, hughwyeth said:

Serf and Knight are keywords related to Crypt Ghouls and Courtiers respectively! Crypt Ghouls are the only Serf units and all Courtier units have the Knight keyword. It's a little confusing- think of it as the name of the unit is was non-flesh eater courts people call them and the keywords is what flesh eater courts believe themselves to be!

Yes, indeed. I realised it was something to that effect as I read. So, in essence, the scenery allows me to summon a free unit when its conditions are met, and that unit does not count towards the overall points cost?

38 minutes ago, ByronicHero said:

Yes, indeed. I realised it was something to that effect as I read. So, in essence, the scenery allows me to summon a free unit when its conditions are met, and that unit does not count towards the overall points cost?

Yes summoning does not entail any extra points costs in AoS- all summoning is taken into account when costing units. So with an archregent you can summon 20 Crypt Ghouls without paying for the 20 Crypt Ghouls.

The scenery merely allows you to do this summoning (which can only happen once per game for each archregent!) without spending a command point- as a command ability you would normally have to use  1 command point to use the ability. The charnel throne's ability mean you don't have to spend this 1 command point. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

Abhorrent Archregent

Considering the base size, I will try out a Knight on Hippogriff (eagle-lion) in maximum shinicity blingbling... Celestant-Prime could also be a nice proxy, but not as easily hidden from shooting

21 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Yes summoning does not entail any extra points costs in AoS- all summoning is taken into account when costing units. So with an archregent you can summon 20 Crypt Ghouls without paying for the 20 Crypt Ghouls.

The scenery merely allows you to do this summoning (which can only happen once per game for each archregent!) without spending a command point- as a command ability you would normally have to use  1 command point to use the ability. The charnel throne's ability mean you don't have to spend this 1 command point. 

I understand, thanks for explaining. I am going to a GW to learn how to play next week so that coupled with the various battles I'm watching should help me grasp these things. 

15 hours ago, Honk said:

Considering the base size, I will try out a Knight on Hippogriff (eagle-lion) in maximum shinicity blingbling... Celestant-Prime could also be a nice proxy, but not as easily hidden from shooting

So there is no model in the normal line that can be used? I can stick to my ghoul kings I suppose. 

So... I'm still in debate about finalizing my Deadwatch list.

How do people feel between running Blisterskin or Feast Day? Either way you could be looking at a good amount of CP generated (or started with) but Blisterskins movement buff is good to have for those T1 charges.. of course you could also bring cogs in either setup to further increase this. Most other Deadwatch lists I've seen tend to run Blisterskin, but I know Feast Day has it's own merits. Starting with extra 3-4 extra CP may mean that Feast Day isn't entirely needed.

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

So... I'm still in debate about finalizing my Deadwatch list.

How do people feel between running Blisterskin or Feast Day? Either way you could be looking at a good amount of CP generated (or started with) but Blisterskins movement buff is good to have for those T1 charges.. of course you could also bring cogs in either setup to further increase this. Most other Deadwatch lists I've seen tend to run Blisterskin, but I know Feast Day has it's own merits. Starting with extra 3-4 extra CP may mean that Feast Day isn't entirely needed.

I used Feast Day this weekend at Adepticon and loved it. Granted I don't run a lot of flayers, I played ghoul patrol and I summoned on mostly horrors. Feast day with two GKs on TG is pretty amazing. Ended up 4-1!

My list:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - Crusading Army
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- General
- Trait: Completely Delusional 
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet 
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Crypt Ghast Courtier (60)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
Ghoul Patrol (180)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1900 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 88

Edited by scrollbuilderdude
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Honk said:

Is it really still worth it?! I mean 4-1 is something, congrats to that, but all the money into 10 ghouls from the boardedge???

Yes and no.

Gives me a low drop count and allows me to threaten with 20 ghouls + ghast ambushing on T1 if I want. I can drop lowest at 5, or extend out to 8.  I really like the core of the army being ghouls. They can spread out, easily regenerate and aren't too bad in a fight either!

That said, it's a lot of points for the battalion , and I didn't use the ambush in any of my games. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Honk said:

Well, I would totally sink that list 🥳👍

But I guess it’s not onto the list, but to the general, congrats again to your strong performance!

Thank you!  It's a great army with more than a few fun builds. I'd love to try a ghoul heavy army next, but not sure I could make myself paint more than I already have. :)

Edited by scrollbuilderdude
  • Haha 1